Old 08-19-2010, 06:27 AM
Leaked Paramount Email Reveals Future Projects

Hmm...

Source: The Wrap

link

Last edited by God of War; 08-19-2010 at 06:30 AM..
Old 08-19-2010, 08:53 AM
The only things I'm interested in are G.I. Joe 2, Star Trek, and Zoolander 2.
Old 08-19-2010, 08:58 AM
Kathryn Bigalow directing Will Smith, Sean Penn, Javier Bardem and Christian Bale? I'm SO fucking there!

Are they seriously making a sequel to What Women Want with Cameron Diaz? WTF?!?!
Old 08-19-2010, 11:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovemovies View Post
Kathryn Bigalow directing Will Smith, Sean Penn, Javier Bardem and Christian Bale? I'm SO fucking there!

Yep that sounds incredible. Hopefully it happens.

Other movies that sound like they have potential on that list:

Young Adult - Reitman is 2/3 with me (Although Juno didn't feel like Smoking/UITA and I count that more as a Diablo Cody film.) Charlize Theron is a great actress and should bring the goods.

World War Z

Twilight Zones - David Chase movie = my ass will be watching.

Ninja Turtles - As long as they don't make it a wacky comedy like Smurfs, Alvin And The Chipmunks, or Garfeild and stick to the story and include Shredder, I'll watch it. I love the Turtles.

7 Minutes In Heaven

Zoolander 2

Some of these sound really stupid like Dunderheads, Hasbro Factory, and What Men Want. Hasn't a Baywatch movie been in development for 15 years.
Old 08-19-2010, 01:36 PM

Last edited by SS-Block; 04-25-2015 at 04:47 AM..
Old 08-19-2010, 02:03 PM
A tentative if but.....if they were to take the best of Tim Burton and mix it with GDT's Pan's Labyrinth then I think Hansel and Gretel could work. There is a real brutal, nasty disturbing edge to Grimm's tales that would scare the kiddies but make a great fantasy film. Remove that and you don't have a Grimm tale, just avg kids fare. I hope they treat Kids like they've read the tales after all a witch meets a gruesome end.

The rest of the list is light on detail. Love some Hasbro toys but why try a second rate TS? Zoolander did what it needed the first time. I find it hard to see that hit the right spot again. Sean Penn with Will Smith - interesting.

Last edited by Ballantyne; 08-19-2010 at 02:05 PM..
Old 08-19-2010, 02:15 PM

Last edited by SS-Block; 04-25-2015 at 04:47 AM..
Old 08-19-2010, 02:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Block View Post
please keep Burton away from the Grimms.

Dario Argento or Roman Polanski would be ideal.
Yeah I saw the Tim Burton thing here. I like his aesthetic and think it could work for this but not necessarily with him as a director. What about Peter Jackson?
Old 08-19-2010, 02:39 PM
Wow... this is... enlightening, funny, and sad at the same time. Maybe I'm alone in my... ignorance (?) but I just had no idea that executives wrote documents/memos that are this... simple (?).

What exactly am I trying to say? Hmmm, I don't know. Look at that Hasbro Factory movie description. '"Night at the Museum" in a toy factory idea.' I get how we are always shootin' the shit around here (and elsewhere) and are always saying stuff like, "those damn executives are dumb and greedy as shit..." as we segue into arguments, but I've never quite imagined that studios thought about their movies in such simple terms.

I mean, in interviews some executives/producers come off as bright (for the most part) and more articulate--not simply describing a big budget project as a "remake of a 1966 film about a guy who tracks down everyone that has wronged him." Memos at my local video store are more precise and thought out. This sounds very silly, basic, and like something you'd hear at a tattoo parlor. A cheap one.

Not to say I hang out at tattoo parlors. (I'm afraid of needles.)

Anyone else surprised?
Old 08-19-2010, 04:19 PM
Quote:
Are they seriously making a sequel to What Women Want with Cameron Diaz? WTF?!?!
I hope the movie is honest and every guy that meets Diaz, while she reads minds, thinks about how much hotter she used to be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireCaptain4 View Post
Wow... this is... enlightening, funny, and sad at the same time. Maybe I'm alone in my... ignorance (?) but I just had no idea that executives wrote documents/memos that are this... simple (?).

What exactly am I trying to say? Hmmm, I don't know. Look at that Hasbro Factory movie description. '"Night at the Museum" in a toy factory idea.'
I point you to this:

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/DieHardOnAnX

I guess now it would be "Night At The Museum In An X".
Old 08-19-2010, 04:26 PM
I can't believe they're remaking Nevada Smith.

Wait, yes I can.
Old 08-19-2010, 04:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilpesh View Post
I hope the movie is honest and every guy that meets Diaz, while she reads minds, thinks about how much hotter she used to be.
I think she's still hot. Knight and Day proved that to me. Loved her in that movie.

I'm just surprised that she's actually doing that movie. I actually think she's been on a role lately. The lame romcom What Happens in Vegas aside, I've pretty much enjoyed all of her movies recently. But if this ends up being as bad as it sounds, this would be a major lapse of judgement on her part.
Old 08-19-2010, 04:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FireCaptain4 View Post

What exactly am I trying to say? Hmmm, I don't know. Look at that Hasbro Factory movie description. '"Night at the Museum" in a toy factory idea.' I get how we are always shootin' the shit around here (and elsewhere) and are always saying stuff like, "those damn executives are dumb and greedy as shit..." as we segue into arguments, but I've never quite imagined that studios thought about their movies in such simple terms.

I mean, in interviews some executives/producers come off as bright (for the most part) and more articulate--not simply describing a big budget project as a "remake of a 1966 film about a guy who tracks down everyone that has wronged him." Memos at my local video store are more precise and thought out. This sounds very silly, basic, and like something you'd hear at a tattoo parlor. A cheap one.

Not to say I hang out at tattoo parlors. (I'm afraid of needles.)

Anyone else surprised?
Having worked with development executives and having read a ton of scripts to do coverage on, you come to realize that executives are people too. Lets say you are talking with your friends or co-workers and you are describing Speed, the first thing you say is "Die Hard on a bus." You don't go into an eloquent, articulate summary of an action film. You might if you are selling it to an audience, but in e-mails you keep it kind of brief.

This doesn't surprise me at all, and more to the point- i certainly don't blame them in how they describe projects.
Old 08-19-2010, 06:34 PM
Quote:
I think she's still hot.
But she used to be hotter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by APzombie View Post
describing Speed, the first thing you say is "Die Hard on a bus."
I can't wait for Speed 3, "Die Hard on a bus..... IN SPAAAAAAAAACE!"
Old 08-19-2010, 08:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Block View Post
please keep Burton away from the Grimms.

Dario Argento or Roman Polanski would be ideal.
If Burton got it I would definitely be beyond pissed off. He has been on auto pilot for years now and I wouldnt want him to ruin another classic story.

I'll throw a name out of left field for my choice...John Hillcoat (The Proposition and The Road). Now obviously he would have to tone down the grittiness/violence haha, but I think he could do wonders with that subject matter.

Polanski is a fine filmmaker but with the whole child molestation thing, it would be pretty awkward with him directing a young girl.
Old 08-19-2010, 09:06 PM
MI3? Don't they mean MI4?
Old 08-20-2010, 07:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by echo_bravo View Post
If Burton got it I would definitely be beyond pissed off. He has been on auto pilot for years now and I wouldnt want him to ruin another classic story.

I'll throw a name out of left field for my choice...John Hillcoat (The Proposition and The Road). Now obviously he would have to tone down the grittiness/violence haha, but I think he could do wonders with that subject matter.

Polanski is a fine filmmaker but with the whole child molestation thing, it would be pretty awkward with him directing a young girl.
Hmm I loved Polanski's The Tenant but I don't know if he'd be right for this kind of project and the allegations hanging over him....

I would only be against Burton, despite liking him because he has become the only go-to for that kind of film aside from GDT. I'd like to see some newer, less well known directors come through.

The proposition only affirms my love of Nick Cave but I don't know enough about the director to comment.

As long as Baz Luhrmann didn't get it i'd be happy.