Go Back   Movie Fan Central Discussion Forums > Movie Talk! > General Movie Talk
MOVIE FAN CENTRAL FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-07-2010, 11:00 PM
Cop Land Has The Greatest Scene In Movie History And It's Proven

No, not by me since I am a Stallone fan - but by this reviewer and he kinda has a point.

I thought this was pretty funny.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZHFjijrrdU
Old 09-07-2010, 11:38 PM
Ha, that image of Liotta is going to haunt my dreams for weeks.

For what it's worth, Cop Land is a pretty underrated movie.
Old 09-08-2010, 12:15 AM
Eh, those overly dramatic flopping deaths simply remind me of how mediocre that movie was.
Old 09-08-2010, 12:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badbird View Post
Eh, those overly dramatic flopping deaths simply remind me of how mediocre that movie was.
It has it's problems... It's very episodic and it's never a good idea to have Michael Rappaport in your movie. On the other hand, it's still better than some of your favorite movies.

Last edited by rocknblues81; 09-08-2010 at 02:38 AM..
Old 09-08-2010, 03:04 AM
Y'know, I went into this movie expecting an action flick, but that was way back when it first came out, and I was 14 years old, so obviously, I hated and never really paid much mind to it since. But lately it's been mentioned here and there, and I think it's time for a revisit, mainly because I'm afraid Ray Liota will pistol whip me to death if I don't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocknblues81 View Post
On the other hand, it's still better than some of your favorite movies.

Old 09-08-2010, 04:26 AM
And the award for douchiest response goes to...

Dun-dun-duuuunnnnn.... Doo-doo-doooooo.... The Douchiest Reponse.... Goes to You....

For the record, I like Copland. It's an enjoyable drama. My favorite bit though is De Niro screaming, "You blew it!"
Old 09-08-2010, 06:18 AM
It's been a while since I've seen it, but it is a pretty good movie. It has a great story, with a great cast led by a surprising performance by Sylvester Stallone. I'd probably consider it his best film.
Old 09-08-2010, 06:20 AM
Lmao Cosmic
Old 09-08-2010, 11:37 AM
Great movie so much so I'm order off amazon right fucking now. I last watched It about 3 years ago, did Ray Liotta's character really come out of nowhere(like he wasn't in the movie at all beforehand) with a fag in his mouth shooting that punk if so it has to be the greatest scene of all time.
Old 09-08-2010, 12:06 PM
It`s an underrated movie.
And even though it wasn`t that challenging of a role, Stallone was really good.
Old 09-09-2010, 02:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicPuppet View Post

Dun-dun-duuuunnnnn.... Doo-doo-doooooo.... The Douchiest Reponse.... Goes to You....

For the record, I like Copland. It's an enjoyable drama. My favorite bit though is De Niro screaming, "You blew it!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicPuppet View Post

Good thing you didn't see my response before I edited it.

My social skills are terrible. It's not intended to come off the way it does. I even agree that's it's a severely flawed movie.
Old 09-10-2010, 01:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocknblues81 View Post
Good thing you didn't see my response before I edited it.

My social skills are terrible. It's not intended to come off the way it does. I even agree that's it's a severely flawed movie.
yeah, it was just late and I was having a bit of fun. I just think the battle of tastes can get over the top on here. It's nice to remember that we're all pretty different and liking a particular film doesn't exactly make us better than each other.
Old 09-10-2010, 01:39 AM
I disagree Cosmic, because anyone whose favorite movie is Chairman of the Board is a more patient person than I will ever be.