Go Back   Movie Fan Central Discussion Forums > Movie Talk! > General Movie Talk
MOVIE FAN CENTRAL FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-08-2000, 08:48 AM
Wahlberg's "member" in Boogie Nights, real or a prop?

Paul Thomas Anderson said that it was 100% real, he is quoted as saying "that is Mark Wahlberg's penis". Yet there was a prop man on the Howard Stern show who brought on a fake penis that he claimed was from Boogie Nights(and Howard wore it), and the penis scene was nomnated for a best visual effects award at the MTV Movie Awards. There was a long conversation about it on Roger Ebert's "questions for the movie answerman" where it was basically Anderson and New Line saying ya it's real. And Wahlberg, and propmen saying no it isn't, with Ebert and the general public not knowing who to believe. Does anyone have a definitive answer on the subject?

[This message has been edited by QUENTIN (edited 08-08-2000).]
Old 08-08-2000, 09:42 AM
Well I have seen Marky Mark on lot's of talk shows , and he as alway denyied that it was his. Don't you think if somebody was really that big they sure wouldn't be denying it!!!!!!????1 I think Paul is just screwing with us. One thing that Mark said on The Daily Show cracked me up ''I am not to bad, but geez!!''
Old 08-08-2000, 09:50 AM
Yes, but Wahlberg may have just been being modest...stars don't hold press confrences saying "I've got a huge cock, any questions?". And I have heard from numerous sources that Wahlberg in real life is hung like Wilt Chamberlain, so if he does have a big dick, why use a fake one?
Old 08-08-2000, 01:05 PM
if i was a man and was well endowed, i would want every1 to know....who says size doesnt matter?? THAT is an urban legend LOL

[This message has been edited by yvonne (edited 08-09-2000).]
Old 08-08-2000, 01:14 PM
well thats a thing I've always liked about yvonne, always honest. [img]/ubb/smile.gif[/img]

Old 08-08-2000, 06:25 PM
I know that a lot of these slick directors "play games" with their adoring public, in order for movie geeks like us to keep talking about it forever (see the Coens and their claim that FARGO was based on a "true story").

My theory is that it's DEFINITELY not his real cock and that Anderson is just messing with us. I saw several interviews with him for MAGNOLIA in which he would always give different answers.

PS: James Woods has been known to have a big dong and he even admitted to it on the Howard Stern show
Old 08-08-2000, 07:01 PM
I knew that many times directors like to play with there followers, but I was never sure who exactly to believe about this one. I think oyu are right though I'm pretty sure that is a prostetic dick...but if any one has any strong evidence against this, I'd love to hear it.
Old 08-08-2000, 10:03 PM
The wang even looked rubber. It is fake...I know it.
Old 08-08-2000, 10:31 PM
haha of course it's fake...
Old 08-09-2000, 02:07 AM
of course that's not his real penis, I was his body double, check the credits.

[img]/ubb/biggrin.gif[/img]

'drew
Old 08-09-2000, 08:16 AM
Just as an aside, I saw a snippet on IMDB a week or two back where Wahlberg was quoted as saying he was sick of guys peeking at the urinals. Apparently everyone is interested to see what the real deal is...
Old 08-09-2000, 09:06 PM
The penis looks like it's made of rubber. Ever seen what a rubber penis looks like? That is a fake, rubber-looking penis if I ever saw one.

DL

JACK: No one really knows that they've seen it. But they did.

TYLER: A nice, big cock.
Old 08-10-2000, 12:25 AM
PackBacker, I read that article too.. haha it's funny... everytime when he goes to the washroom, the guys kept peekin' to see what his dick looks like...
Old 12-18-2010, 08:04 AM
It's got to be fake!

I agree with everybody who says it is a prop...not because I don't believe Mark's penis is not that big, maybe it is..nobody knows but the chicks (and maybe dudes but I doubt it) that has actually seen it. I think it's a prop because I have NEVER seen a white dude that has a black penis! I mean, think about it! The last time I checked, a man's penis matches his skin tone. It may be a little bit darker than their skin, but in this case you can plainly see that this penis is not Mark's!

Also, we all know that men tends to exaggerate when it comes to the size of their penises! Usually they add on about 3 inches to whatever it really measures, but Mark is an actor who doesn't want to broadcast his ACTUAL penis size to everybody! For two reasons...#1, if they used his actual penis in the movie and people didn't think it was big enough, small enough, the right shape, blah blah blah, then Mark would think that he doesn't "measure up". #2, If you were Mark, would YOU admit that it wasn't your penis?

Sure he has said in the past that it is not his penis, but the way he always said it still leaves us wondering if it was actually his penis! If that was not the case, would we all be on this message board reading this right now? I think not. So Mark wins either way!
Old 12-18-2010, 09:05 AM
Old 12-18-2010, 09:39 AM

Last edited by SS-Block; 12-18-2010 at 01:15 PM..
Old 12-18-2010, 09:46 AM

Last edited by SS-Block; 12-18-2010 at 01:15 PM..
Old 12-18-2010, 12:47 PM
Why?

*looks at my ten year old post, snickers*
Old 12-18-2010, 01:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by screamer581 View Post
Why?

*looks at my ten year old post, snickers*
Fuck! I just saw that. How old is this website?
Old 12-18-2010, 02:30 PM
Looked like a string cheese stick to me

(But I too have read internet rumors that Marky Mark is hung like a mule as well...no homo)
Old 12-18-2010, 02:37 PM
Well, I hate to call anybody wrong but I worked with Colin Alexander and Willie Gray, the propmaker and a grip from Boogie Nights and I've talked with them specifically about this question separately just to see if their stories were the same. And well, everyone in this thread is wrong.

The penis in Boogie Nights belongs to...

Tom Dorfmeister.

Yeah, that guy. Remember the scene where Little Bill's wife is getting shagged at the party and a few guys watch? Tom Dorfmeister was one of those guys.

Apparently, the penis Colin the propmaker had made wasn't right for the film so they had to use a stunt cock for the film. They couldn't use Whalberg's because he had a third testicle which they thought would look too gross for the movie. So Paul Thomas Anderson made all the male people on set to drop their pants. Nobody had the right penis. But then somebody noticed Tom Dorfmeister had snuck back onto the set. They found him at craft services, making himself a tuna melt in a toaster. They told him to drop his pants and lucky for them, he wasn't wearing any. Tom apparently had a prosthetic penis which was detachable. And according to Willie, the grip, he said that Paul Thomas Anderson wept at the sight of the penis and detached it with his bare hands. Tom Dorfmeister saved them a whole day of shooting. If he hadn't had been there, Boogie Nights would have gone over budget and PTA would have lost final cut on the film. Apparently, New Line wanted to shave it down to a 100 minutes and remove all the "dark" parts of the film.

So that's the real story about Dirk's dork. It was a prosthetic, but not one made for the film. It was Tom Dormeister's. And by God, he saved the film.
Old 12-18-2010, 02:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by QUENTIN View Post
Paul Thomas Anderson said that it was 100% real, he is quoted as saying "that is Mark Wahlberg's penis". Yet there was a prop man on the Howard Stern show who brought on a fake penis that he claimed was from Boogie Nights(and Howard wore it), and the penis scene was nomnated for a best visual effects award at the MTV Movie Awards. There was a long conversation about it on Roger Ebert's "questions for the movie answerman" where it was basically Anderson and New Line saying ya it's real. And Wahlberg, and propmen saying no it isn't, with Ebert and the general public not knowing who to believe. Does anyone have a definitive answer on the subject?

I recall Mr. Wahlberg himself making the statement on some early morning talk show from days gone by that it was all entirely rubber and a prosthetic.

End of story.
Old 12-19-2010, 01:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicPuppet View Post
Well, I hate to call anybody wrong but I worked with Colin Alexander and Willie Gray, the propmaker and a grip from Boogie Nights and I've talked with them specifically about this question separately just to see if their stories were the same. And well, everyone in this thread is wrong.

The penis in Boogie Nights belongs to...

Tom Dorfmeister.

Yeah, that guy. Remember the scene where Little Bill's wife is getting shagged at the party and a few guys watch? Tom Dorfmeister was one of those guys.

Apparently, the penis Colin the propmaker had made wasn't right for the film so they had to use a stunt cock for the film. They couldn't use Whalberg's because he had a third testicle which they thought would look too gross for the movie. So Paul Thomas Anderson made all the male people on set to drop their pants. Nobody had the right penis. But then somebody noticed Tom Dorfmeister had snuck back onto the set. They found him at craft services, making himself a tuna melt in a toaster. They told him to drop his pants and lucky for them, he wasn't wearing any. Tom apparently had a prosthetic penis which was detachable. And according to Willie, the grip, he said that Paul Thomas Anderson wept at the sight of the penis and detached it with his bare hands. Tom Dorfmeister saved them a whole day of shooting. If he hadn't had been there, Boogie Nights would have gone over budget and PTA would have lost final cut on the film. Apparently, New Line wanted to shave it down to a 100 minutes and remove all the "dark" parts of the film.

So that's the real story about Dirk's dork. It was a prosthetic, but not one made for the film. It was Tom Dormeister's. And by God, he saved the film.
What the hell are you talking about
Old 12-19-2010, 03:52 AM
Dear QUENTIN in the year 2000,

Take your Platinum Series Boogie Nights DVD and select the Color Bars option.

There's an easter egg of a prop test with Marky Mark swinging the obviously fake schlong around. I believe he even knocks over some of the set decoration with it.

And that's the end of that chapter.

Yours truly,
QUENTIN of the future.

P.S. July 16, 2005. The girl in the green tanktop. Just walk away. 10 minutes of fun isn't worth a lifetime of that itching, burning sensation. Trust me.

Old 12-19-2010, 07:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digifruitella View Post
What the hell are you talking about
Don't worry about it, you'll get it in five years sorta like past-Quentin did.
Old 12-19-2010, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by QUENTIN View Post
Dear QUENTIN in the year 2000,

Take your Platinum Series Boogie Nights DVD and select the Color Bars option.

There's an easter egg of a prop test with Marky Mark swinging the obviously fake schlong around. I believe he even knocks over some of the set decoration with it.

And that's the end of that chapter.

Yours truly,
QUENTIN of the future.

P.S. July 16, 2005. The girl in the green tanktop. Just walk away. 10 minutes of fun isn't worth a lifetime of that itching, burning sensation. Trust me.

+1
Old 12-20-2010, 09:14 AM
You've come a long way, Quentin.