Old 09-16-2010, 10:29 PM
Katy Perry being a mean bitch

http://new.music.yahoo.com/blogs/sto...adoring-crowd/

Real classy.

Guy handled it well.
Old 09-16-2010, 10:36 PM
It's the eyes. She has those "I'm a crazy bitch" kind of eyes, doesn't she? Come on, don't act like you haven't noticed.

For more information, consult Barney Stinson.
Old 09-16-2010, 10:40 PM
Yeah, that was kindof bitchy. All the money and fame doesn't matter if you're clearly still bitter about high school drama. Boo-fucking-hoo.
Old 09-16-2010, 10:40 PM
Hot.
Old 09-16-2010, 10:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiert Spionam View Post
Yeah, that was kindof bitchy. All the money and fame doesn't matter if you're clearly still bitter about high school drama. Boo-fucking-hoo.
It's not even good drama either. It's "He never magically read my mind and asked me out!" drama.
Old 09-16-2010, 11:00 PM
On the contrary, I think people are making this into drama that isn't there.

Quote:
What's up now, playa?
Obviously she's dead serious.

Even funnier is that 3rd party bystanders are upset more than the butt of Perry's scathing indictment of an innocent soul who was jestingly called out with the intentions of totally destroying his reputation and life.

Vegas Bubs is going 10:1 that the dude was at least a little bit in on the joke.

To be fair, though, I haven't found theatrics to ever really be all too understood within discussions on the entertainment industry.
Old 09-16-2010, 11:06 PM
Goddammit I was just about to post what bubba posted.
Come on fellow fellows! It was a concert improvisation. She was smiling and her tone was non threatening and the guy who was picked out of the crowd had this to say

Quote:
"I haven't seen her in awhile. ... I just know her as Katy Hudson so to see her as the famous Katy Perry is kinda hilarious!"
I mean...
Old 09-16-2010, 11:06 PM
She doesn't understand the way our brains work. Dudes I know don't give a shit if a girls gained wealth and fame. First and foremost we like girls to be attractive, and for them to love giving head. I saw pictures of the guy and his wife on TMZ and she's hot and might suck a mean dick when Perry probably thinks she's too good for that.
Old 09-17-2010, 12:22 AM
I guess it's funny considering he's happily married to the same woman he dug in High School and Katy Perry's gonna marry this womanizing douchebag and their marriage will last 4 and a half months; then she'll write a horrible "fuck you" song about it.
Old 09-17-2010, 12:51 AM
http://www.tmz.com/2010/09/15/katy-p...smate-engaged/
Old 09-17-2010, 01:23 AM
This would be better if everyone were wearing some type of Shakespearian aged capes and we all wore monocles.

Some of the comments under that article hit the points the occurred to me while reading the article...

Quote:
Come on A-holes. You're slowing down. Bring on the stupid comments and idiocy. Bash her in the head with your lead pipe wit and giggle at your assnine words as you sit behind your computers verbally masterbating.

Oh, and I still hate you all.

Posted at 3:01 PM on Sep 15, 2010 by CCC
Except I don't really hate anyone.

Quote:
1.) They "never had any problems in HS" because he likely acted as though she didn't exist 9 times out of 10.

2.) OF COURSE he says he's happy w/ how things turned out; he doesn't want to get dumped...

Posted at 3:03 PM on Sep 15, 2010 by KiKi
Though I would have said that he probably just didn't pay attention to her -- which was the actual claim of her riffing, not that he screwed up, which is the way he's making it out to seem. Some sort of mentality of "you ain't all that bitch." It seemed pretty apparent that her song was meant to empower high school chicks who feel out of the cliques and ignored, not to give some random ex-classmate a platform.

Reading the article, I wonder if he only ever said they were "friends" because that the mentality of many popular people - everyone is their friend. Some don't even have a concept of the word that boils beyond "anyone who doesn't keep me from looking awesome is my friend."

Quote:
Slow news day eh? ...
Posted at 3:05 PM on Sep 15, 2010 by If sense were common everyone would have it.
Except I wouldn't have said "eh" but instead "man" and used it to lead into the statement.

Quote:
...i dont give a f@!#. jz show ur boobs bitch!

Posted at 3:22 PM on Sep 15, 2010 by ezpz7
Except it would have taken me three paragraphs to say it.
Old 09-17-2010, 03:29 AM
I found the "oh you really chose right honey" to be the bitchiest part of her little dramarama. Even if the guy spurned her affections - although that doesn't actually seem to be the case - I find it totally classless that she's insinuating that she automatically hotter than his significant other, or whatever...because she's like omg Katy fucking Perry.

As it is, the guy looks to be more than happy with his lot...and yes, his High School sweetheart is very beautiful as most of the boys here have pointed out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BubbaStrangelove
Though I would have said that he probably just didn't pay attention to her -- which was the actual claim of her riffing, not that he screwed up, which is the way he's making it out to seem. Some sort of mentality of "you ain't all that bitch." It seemed pretty apparent that her song was meant to empower high school chicks who feel out of the cliques and ignored, not to give some random ex-classmate a platform.

Reading the article, I wonder if he only ever said they were "friends" because that the mentality of many popular people - everyone is their friend. Some don't even have a concept of the word that boils beyond "anyone who doesn't keep me from looking awesome is my friend."
I dunno...
It seems like you're just assuming that this guy is some self-centred arsehole just because he was the most popular kid in class.

Wait a minute Bubba, are you saying that "Ur so gay" is a song about female empowerment???
Old 09-17-2010, 03:55 AM
I saw the video and it pretty much is a dick move on her part to bring up something as far back as a high school crush who didn't seem to notice her back in those days.

And having seen the man's wife…I don't think he made a bad choice at all. Digi posted the link already, showing him together with his wife. His wife is pretty gorgeous and it's pretty amazing that they've been together since high school.

And meanwhile, Katy Perry is marrying Aldus Snow. Good choice, hon.
Old 09-17-2010, 04:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadCoverVersion View Post
I found the "oh you really chose right honey" to be the bitchiest part of her little dramarama. Even if the guy spurned her affections - although that doesn't actually seem to be the case - I find it totally classless that she's insinuating that she automatically hotter than his significant other, or whatever...because she's like omg Katy fucking Perry.

As it is, the guy looks to be more than happy with his lot...and yes, his High School sweetheart is very beautiful as most of the boys here have pointed out.

I dunno...
It seems like you're just assuming that this guy is some self-centred arsehole just because he was the most popular kid in class.

Wait a minute Bubba, are you saying that "Ur so gay" is a song about female empowerment???

I really just felt that she was being cheeky and not ill-tempered. It just seemed like a sort of joke that via gossip is being turned into some sort of embittered. The article even notes that she took on a sort of swagger before saying it. Whenever people change character before saying something in real-life, it's never seen as them being serious. When you read what's said on the Internet, that sort of stuff doesn't really translate, and gossip sites and tabloids no that. Their entire business is based on changing context.

I'm not assuming anything about the guy, anymore than people are assuming that she's being mean-willed toward the guy. There are two sides to every story, and yeah - a lot of popular people do believe that everyone is down with them. I never said he was self-centered or an ass. When you are popular, that means a lot of people like you, so it's pretty reasonable to assume that someone likes you, regardless of if you've even asked or not. And it should be noted that in this specific case, apparently he didn't.

I'm no sure what "Ur so gay" is about and have yet to hear any Katy Perry song. Hell, I just had to check to make sure I was spelling her name right. It just seemed pretty obvious that if she's standing in front of a group of teenage and young girls and telling a story about how she had a crush who didn't reciprocate, but is now famous, despite that... I mean, that's pretty much telling them not to worry about people not caring about you now because one day they might. It seemed more like a parable or allegory than the "nanny nanny boo boo" stuff that it's getting made into.

To me, this is just a thing where people who like her still like her and people who dislike her are trying to create fodder to justify their dislike. Therein is where I see the real drama occurring.
Old 09-17-2010, 04:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BubbaStrangelove View Post
I really just felt that she was being cheeky and not ill-tempered. It just seemed like a sort of joke that via gossip is being turned into some sort of embittered. The article even notes that she took on a sort of swagger before saying it. Whenever people change character before saying something in real-life, it's never seen as them being serious. When you read what's said on the Internet, that sort of stuff doesn't really translate, and gossip sites and tabloids no that. Their entire business is based on changing context.
She's Katy Perry (obviously) and I imagine she was fully aware that the gossip rags and the likes of TMZ and Dlisted would just run and run with this incident. Now what if the object of her High School affections hadn't married his sweetheart or he had resorted to making similar 'cheeky' comments in response?

You just know the guy would have been ridiculed to the hilt and turned into a pwned meme faster than you could say "cherry chapstick".

Quote:
I'm not assuming anything about the guy, anymore than people are assuming that she's being mean-willed toward the guy. There are two sides to every story, and yeah - a lot of popular people do believe that everyone is down with them. I never said he was self-centered or an ass. When you are popular, that means a lot of people like you, so it's pretty reasonable to assume that someone likes you, regardless of if you've even asked or not. And it should be noted that in this specific case, apparently he didn't.
The fact that she's 'naming and shaming' him so publicly and in front of a baiting crowd just doesn't sit right with me...I mean couldn't she just have recalled the incident with a "you know who you are" type *nudge wink*... the audience would still have lapped that up and there wouldn't be that one guy squirming in his seat over there.

Whether her words are meant to be wholly ill-spirited or just playful teasing, her comment about the choice he made makes her sound like a bitch, and a snooty one at that. She's pretty much scoffing at her fellow townsfolk...the ones who didn't make it out of Nowheresville can't hold a candy to the mighty Katy, Pastors daughter turned singing supervixen.

"I'm here singing in my hometown and I'm still one of you guys. Oh wait there's a boy who I used to moon over back when we were hormone riddled teenagers. God he didn't even notice me over in the corner scribbling his name on my text book, my saucer eyes boring into the back of his head...can you believe that? Look at you now and look at MEEEEEE, Katy Perry? I can't believe you chose to have a meaningful relationship with a mere civilian over a ride on Katy Perry's choo choo of zany yet sexy fun. You totally made the right decision there *scoff scoff, sarcasm alert, barf gesture* YOU GUYS MIGHT BE AS AWESOME AS ME ONE DAY, ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE!"

*sings*

"Ur so gay and you don't like boys...that's right and I like girls too, but not really"

*sings*

Hey look my tits are cupcakes!"

Quote:
I'm no sure what "Ur so gay" is about and have yet to hear any Katy Perry song. Hell, I just had to check to make sure I was spelling her name right. It just seemed pretty obvious that if she's standing in front of a group of teenage and young girls and telling a story about how she had a crush who didn't reciprocate, but is now famous, despite that... I mean, that's pretty much telling them not to worry about people not caring about you now because one day they might. It seemed more like a parable or allegory than the "nanny nanny boo boo" stuff that it's getting made into.

To me, this is just a thing where people who like her still like her and people who dislike her are trying to create fodder to justify their dislike. Therein is where I see the real drama occurring.
The song is meaningless tripe really...it seems to take a pop at pale hipster boys who wear make-up and are super skinny, and WAIT A MINUTE--

I don't hate Katy Perry, but she tends to come across as tryhard goofy and has said some pretty stupid things in the past.

There are so many facets of her image that seem to be at odds with each other that it's hard to buy into her. One day she's a lipstick lesbian, next day she's a good ol' homegrown Catholic girl, next day she's appears to have morphed into a Manga character made flesh and then all of a sudden she's back to being a poor imitation of Bettie Page again. It doesn't help that her music is pretty fucking diabolical to boot.
Old 09-17-2010, 06:09 AM
Quote:
I don't hate Katy Perry, but she tends to come across as tryhard goofy and has said some pretty stupid things in the past.
Nothing says goofy like an old-fashioned Cake Fall ( The Benny Hill remix )
Old 09-17-2010, 03:46 PM
Her music sucks.
I have to listen to EVERY DAY for hours on end, so believe me when I say that her music sucks.
It just...it sucks.
Nothing against her personally, spurned young girl turned pop star who gets a chance to throw a big "F-U, look at me now, you missed out on this Proactiv laden treasure trove, sonny jim".
But her music...oh my god.
Just no.
Old 09-17-2010, 04:24 PM
I'm with Bubba. This is a non-story. She was obviously joking around. And "you chose wrong" is something any teen/near-teen girl would say. I doubt it has anything to do with her being famous.
Old 09-17-2010, 04:25 PM
I really don't see the big deal. Hell, if I was a huge music star and I saw the girl that never gave me the time of day in school (She dated my two closest friends KNOWING I was head over heals for her) in the crowd at one of my concerts I'd call the bitch out in a heartbeat. Immature? Yes. Classy? No. Fun? You bet your ass
Old 09-17-2010, 04:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by countchocula View Post
I'm with Bubba. This is a non-story. She was obviously joking around. And "you chose wrong" is something any teen/near-teen girl would say. I doubt it has anything to do with her being famous.
"You chose wrong" implies that his significant other is somehow inferior - lookswise, by way of intelligence or cash supply, fame, etc - and KP isn't a teen, she's in her mid twenties. It's more sad than bitter.
Old 09-17-2010, 04:43 PM
Immature girls are constantly implying that their ex's current squeeze is somehow inferior. I've heard it a million times, even from girls in their mid-20's. Again, I don't think that she's being completely serious. She's trying to entertain a crowd of teenaged girls. Even if she was dead serious, would you be surprised by her immaturity or disappointed in her? It would still be a non-story.
Old 09-17-2010, 04:44 PM
I'm with Count.
Old 09-17-2010, 04:47 PM
I'm with count and Bubba.

But the real important thing is: that guy's wife is hawt. Great googily moogily.
Old 09-17-2010, 07:14 PM
BadCoverVersion - I see you perspective, and why you are taking it that way, and maybe, but here's an example - I've seen jokes on these forums misconstrued before. I've seen good-spirited jesting twisted into mean-intended and even vile attacks. It's often hard to argue when word for word, everything seems clear as day, but knowing an entire story, not so much.

This is all maybes.

Maybe the guy is evil. Maybe Perry is the evil one. Maybe they are really laughing about this via Tweet, and the guy is all, "Thanks. This is fun."

My point from the beginning is that there's this indictment going on right out of the gate about how bitchy she's being, and we don't know, maybe she was just being stupid, maybe just coy, and maybe it's all just part of the act (and the guy is in on it.)

That was where I was coming from. People who dislike Kerry, or think she's a twit are going to use this to justify why they like her, and vice-versa with the people who dislike her.

Meh.

Mostly I think it's funny that these discussions on pop stars that none of us really care all that much about -- they end up spurning the most thoughtful and cooperative discussions on these boards. It's kind of funny, but also kind of nice to show how sociable and smart we all are when we aren't talking from some deep rooted personal feelings, or pent-up hostility.

And the Benny Hill remix was just awesome.

Last edited by The Postmaster General; 09-17-2010 at 10:00 PM.. Reason: corporative = cooperative, here = her, me = OCD
Old 09-17-2010, 08:07 PM
Hmm, it looks like it could have been a stunt like something Borat would have done in one of his movies where it is real to everyone but the people in on the joke.

Who knows?

Either way, high school never ends for some people, if this is true. That's pretty sad how this hot bitch I'd splooge all over is still stuck in the past.
Old 09-17-2010, 09:40 PM
Honestly, it's always kind of a vindication to see some meathead jock who was so popular back in high school be called out 5-10 years down the road for ultimately not being anything special.
Old 09-18-2010, 12:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoojib127 View Post
Honestly, it's always kind of a vindication to see some meathead jock who was so popular back in high school be called out 5-10 years down the road for ultimately not being anything special.
It ultimately depends on what we would define as special. He's not dressing in costumes, or releasing hit records, but maybe in his mind he's accomplished plenty.
Old 09-18-2010, 01:07 AM
It should be noted that this was filmed as part of a documentary she's doing where musicians talk about past events that have influenced them growing up.

I'm really bending the learning curve of my life here.
Old 09-18-2010, 02:09 AM
directed by Casey Affleck if I'm not mistaken.
Old 09-18-2010, 02:21 AM
That was gold.
Old 09-18-2010, 08:08 PM
*Looks at this thread, looks at the Lady Gaga thread*

Looks like a good place for a repeat post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeo4 View Post
Don't like her music. Don't care what she wears. Don't care what she says or does. To her, I say: That fifteen minutes is ticking by...enjoy it. Then I'll see you in a couple of decades on whatever VH1 retro/reality show happens to be on TV at the time.

Now where is that White Stripes thread...
Old 09-18-2010, 08:24 PM
How many years does somebody have to be popular before people stop making fifteen minute fame catcalls? I get the lampoon on fading fame, but once you make a perishable joke after the first month there's nowhere to go with it. There are only so many sensible ways to say I don't like this person. Fifteen minutes have expired.

Maybe 'disposable popstar'? 'Whore' is a popular choice and really versatile. 'Lowest common denominator' is a funny one. There are lots of options. Language always takes the piss.
Old 09-18-2010, 09:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinigami View Post
How many years does somebody have to be popular before people stop making fifteen minute fame catcalls? I get the lampoon on fading fame, but once you make a perishable joke after the first month there's nowhere to go with it. There are only so many sensible ways to say I don't like this person. Fifteen minutes have expired.

Maybe 'disposable popstar'? 'Whore' is a popular choice and really versatile. 'Lowest common denominator' is a funny one. There are lots of options. Language always takes the piss.
No, I meant what I said. She is simply the "it" girl of the moment. She has a couple of shitty pop tunes and nothing else. Fifteen minutes easily applies to this woman. If she goes beyond that, that makes her the musical equivalent of reality gameshow stars who've been eliminated from their respective shows. That fifteen minutes ticks by and some hang around like they matter even later, a-la Paris Hilton, Puck from The Real World, etc. But they don't. They go on and on about shit that doesn't matter to anyone and they rely on their glory years to remind us how they were cool and relevant some time earlier (think Gene Simmons without the witty commentary from his kids to remind us that he's not nearly as cool as he presumes to be).

On the other hand, she's not a whore. She's not really a "star", considering that she only had a couple of hits. Seems like luck played a part more than talent there. "Lowest common denominator" doesn't cut it either, considering that she seems to have many schmoes here in a trance staring at her cutesie photos. In this case, taste must surely be subjective and undoubtedly/inevitably it changes with the right amount of time. And in this case, fifteen minutes seems about right.
Old 09-18-2010, 10:47 PM
In the same swagger of attitude that thinks so little of fame, we put down rockstars, actors, directors by calling their fame into question. A look on katy perry's bio shows me she has been recording music professionally since she was 17. She has been working with music for over a decade. She has been popular and her name has been famous for two years and counting. Fifteen minutes works if you just want to put her down, which isn't to call into question your wanting to put her down, but you're not... I'm not sure how she's a flash in the pan unless your own context of guttering fame flame needs someone to be so constantly producing constantly popular material for so long. Lady Gaga has also been famous for two years and counting. Maybe your idea is... These people don't really matter, but then you get into a situation where people are composing music hundreds of thousands of other people get enjoyment from and also making statements that entire peoples can relate to and support, and then it comes down to But she doesn't matter to me, and then it's cool because that's cool. But that's not what you're saying.

These kinds of mindsets get me scratching my head sometimes. Just look at lindsay lohan's gossip situation. Here is this girl who hates paparrazi and is crying in public and complaining about being harassed and complaining about the attention and doing absolutely nothing to call attention to herself other than being linday lohan, and people are sitting there thinking When will this girl stop acting like she matters?
Katy perry performs at a concert in her home town and makes an aside on a guy she used to like or something. News outlets post the story in their entertainment section. Digifruitella reads about the story or hears about it and posts it on our celeb forum gossip. Myself, Derek, Smiert, Hucksta, Gilpesh, BubbaStrangelove, Preston, overwatch, BadCoverVersion, drc, Dirtyfrog, RustyRazor, countchocula, poopontheshoes, Terminal_83, tweek, and hoojib post our thoughts on it or get into talks about it or the discussion surrounding it. And your suggest in all this is that she thinks she's more important than she is?

Imo when you look beyond the business side of advertisement and name recognition and everything, the majority of celebs are innocent of this stuff because we're the ones giving them their audience. I mean, I strut around joblo.com if tweek says I'm funny for a day. I can't imagine what I would do if tens of thousands of people read a post and made news about it. Shinigami is awesome!. All things considered, I think most famous people are remarkably in check with everything. Even if they're wearing a meat dress to protest stoning against women. I've done weirder things for less. Like post this long inspection on our relationship with fame on a saturday night because I'm thinking I have a good point here, tra la la, must get it out asap
Old 09-19-2010, 06:57 AM
Who cares? I'd still splooge all over her yum yums.
Old 09-19-2010, 11:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinigami View Post
In the same swagger of attitude that thinks so little of fame, we put down rockstars, actors, directors by calling their fame into question. A look on katy perry's bio shows me she has been recording music professionally since she was 17. She has been working with music for over a decade. She has been popular and her name has been famous for two years and counting. Fifteen minutes works if you just want to put her down, which isn't to call into question your wanting to put her down, but you're not... I'm not sure how she's a flash in the pan unless your own context of guttering fame flame needs someone to be so constantly producing constantly popular material for so long. Lady Gaga has also been famous for two years and counting. Maybe your idea is... These people don't really matter, but then you get into a situation where people are composing music hundreds of thousands of other people get enjoyment from and also making statements that entire peoples can relate to and support, and then it comes down to But she doesn't matter to me, and then it's cool because that's cool. But that's not what you're saying.

These kinds of mindsets get me scratching my head sometimes. Just look at lindsay lohan's gossip situation. Here is this girl who hates paparrazi and is crying in public and complaining about being harassed and complaining about the attention and doing absolutely nothing to call attention to herself other than being linday lohan, and people are sitting there thinking When will this girl stop acting like she matters?
Katy perry performs at a concert in her home town and makes an aside on a guy she used to like or something. News outlets post the story in their entertainment section. Digifruitella reads about the story or hears about it and posts it on our celeb forum gossip. Myself, Derek, Smiert, Hucksta, Gilpesh, BubbaStrangelove, Preston, overwatch, BadCoverVersion, drc, Dirtyfrog, RustyRazor, countchocula, poopontheshoes, Terminal_83, tweek, and hoojib post our thoughts on it or get into talks about it or the discussion surrounding it. And your suggest in all this is that she thinks she's more important than she is?

Imo when you look beyond the business side of advertisement and name recognition and everything, the majority of celebs are innocent of this stuff because we're the ones giving them their audience. I mean, I strut around joblo.com if tweek says I'm funny for a day. I can't imagine what I would do if tens of thousands of people read a post and made news about it. Shinigami is awesome!. All things considered, I think most famous people are remarkably in check with everything. Even if they're wearing a meat dress to protest stoning against women. I've done weirder things for less. Like post this long inspection on our relationship with fame on a saturday night because I'm thinking I have a good point here, tra la la, must get it out asap
I can't argue with that!

*Runs away*

Seriously, I don't think she'll be around in another couple of years. I suppose I'm just getting more cynical. She'll be gone soon enough, though.

There. Fifteen minute argument eliminated. I'm still not a fan of her music, what she says still doesn't matter, and I've made more effort than I usually give a shit to for somebody who is barely worth any attention.
Old 09-19-2010, 11:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terminal_83 View Post
Who cares? I'd still splooge all over her yum yums.
You win. Splooge away.
Old 09-19-2010, 11:41 AM
Another untalented manufactured twat that is flushing music down the toilet!!! It pains me that she and that Lady Gaga idiot become popular. Do I have different ear drums or is my taste in music geared more towards talent and substance. Why do people listen to this music, I will never understand the gimmick, but if this is what the younger generation wants than I weep for the future.
Old 09-19-2010, 01:00 PM
shut up shinigami, for fuck's sake

Quote:
Another untalented manufactured twat that is flushing music down the toilet!!!
Apparently katy perry quit a label because it wasn't allowing her total artistic freedom. It actually seems like she's had a lot of these training wheel issues with her labels because she wants to try her own stuff her own way... But I get that when you say 'manufactured' you probably don't mean manufactured. We're all just putting words together. "For fuck's sake" isn't even an expression, for fuck's sake.
Old 09-19-2010, 01:32 PM
If you ask me, the guy's better off.