Old 10-17-2010, 12:58 AM
Reflection: my short montage

http://vimeo.com/15930078

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iO18metXjCI - 1080 option here

would like to hear constructive criticism. I'm practicing with visuals, as well as editing. Kind of happy with how it came out, though not perfect. I was going to tweak the grade a bit to make it all consistent, but with the amount of school work - it's a bitch.. so I decided to just post it, as it's pretty much finished anyway.

Would like to hear what you guys thought of it. Don't need to sugarcoat anything, ask the questions that need to be asked, and comment on what you thought I could have done better.

Last edited by Digifruitella; 10-20-2010 at 05:32 PM..
Old 10-17-2010, 02:07 AM
Digi... I would LOVE to see you make a narrative film. This was really well put together. Some of your shots are absolutely stunning, including ALL of the ones at the end with the sunset (gotta love sunsets). You've got your editing technique down, and you can do wonders with this camera. The sound design was great too - excellent use of ambience and music. I'd love to see you do something scripted, and storyboarded!
Old 10-17-2010, 07:55 PM
Thank you for the kind words, I hope to get better someday. If only I had a certain crowd around me that was into it as passionately as I am, then I'd be making a lot more short films; experimental or narrative. I have another short 30 second experimental piece that I spent the whole of September creating, I haven't posted it up because it needs a bit of tweaking - but it's pretty mindblowing, at least to me. The work really pays off when you work on something for a certain amount of time. I'll post THAT up later on as well.

I didn't really have any 'narrative' in mind when I was editing together Reflection. It was more of a combination of shots I took around the beach and tried putting it together in a coherent way. Not sure if it worked, but it's good exercise nonetheless, as my good friend syxxpac said. "Perfect the short form, tackle the long"
Old 10-18-2010, 08:50 PM
Very aesthetically pleasing. Good job!
Old 10-23-2010, 11:07 PM

Gorgeous stuff Digifruitella! Loving the compositions and the sense of mood, you have a great eye and ear.

May I ask what camera you shoot on? The colors are gorgeous as well, what do you use for your post-work?
Old 10-24-2010, 12:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCPhoenix View Post
Gorgeous stuff Digifruitella! Loving the compositions and the sense of mood, you have a great eye and ear.

May I ask what camera you shoot on? The colors are gorgeous as well, what do you use for your post-work?
Thank you, thank you. I use Canon T2i, (Canon 550D) and for post-work I edit in Premiere Pro, and color correct with various plug-ins, like Colorista. But for the main grade I used Magic Bullet Looks.
Old 10-26-2010, 04:55 PM
That was a beautiful film Digi, very well done for crafting something so great. I echo what everyone has said.
Old 10-27-2010, 07:13 PM
Thanks for the info Digifruitella. I'm thinking of picking up a videocamera and/or camera in the next few months so trying to look at a few options. I hope you post more of your work here as you produce it!
Old 10-28-2010, 07:01 PM
Glad the lot of you likes it. I'll post the next one on here as well in due time. Any of you have done something? I know Monotreme has, he has shown some of his stuff and it's pretty great. Would love to see some of your work guys.