Go Back   Movie Fan Central Discussion Forums > Movie Talk! > General Movie Talk
MOVIE FAN CENTRAL FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-21-2010, 09:04 PM
Teaser Poster for my new horror/mockumentary, Denizen

Just really a concept now, but what impressions do you get?
Old 10-21-2010, 11:29 PM
First impression of the concept is I dig it, however I think you may do better with the typography, make it "pop" I guess the right word would be. Do a couple different versions of text placement and don't place your "A Film by..." title that low in the corner, just doesn't seem appealing to me. And the font and red text - meh, don't know. Those are just honest thoughts.

Do a few different versions and post them up here again
Old 10-22-2010, 02:54 AM
I think this is a really cool poster. It kind of reminds me of a Criterion DVD cover honestly. Although the text in the bottom right hand corner seems a little crammed and out of place. Maybe move it around and change font/color/size.
Old 10-22-2010, 10:51 AM
I agree with the others. Nice main visual, but having text on only one half of the poster is distracting and a-symmetrical.

Nice and simple though.
Old 10-22-2010, 02:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeMovie View Post
I think this is a really cool poster. It kind of reminds me of a Criterion DVD cover honestly. Although the text in the bottom right hand corner seems a little crammed and out of place. Maybe move it around and change font/color/size.
thank you!

I like the title going down. But I agree that my name should be somewhere else. Should I put it on the left side or above the mask?
Old 10-22-2010, 02:23 PM
Meh.

It could be better, but it's one of those "I dont know how but I know" it could be better things.

The main image is alright but not particularly striking. I'm guessing it's a slasher movie? Maybe you should just take a really great photo of your killer and cut out the weird effect, similar to this.

Though you risk being derivative.

As for the text, just put it right next to Denizen, following with the vertical theme. Dont ever make text perpendicular.

Give us some more about yoru movie. Maybe we can come up with a better "concept." What are some other interesting elements? What is the story? what is the hook?
Old 10-22-2010, 02:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamjohnson View Post
Meh.

Give us some more about yoru movie. Maybe we can come up with a better "concept." What are some other interesting elements? What is the story? what is the hook?
Like I said, it's a real loose concept now. Me and my girlfriend are working on the story now but we know its going to be a mockumentary-style. And it starts out a bit like Catfish...we are following around one of our friends and his love interest, until we find out she is living with this strange person who never leaves the house. (The mask). Strange occurrences start to happen with the girl and the strange resident. We figured that in the end we should hint that he was not even a man at all, but something evil, like a demon or something, and the girl was under his influence the whole time. Still trying to figure where to go from there, and trying to figure what kinda scary and shocking things will happen surrounding The Strange Man
Old 10-22-2010, 03:46 PM
Call me Captain No-fun, but I'd worry about coming up with an actual story before discussing where to place the text on a hypothetical poster.

Methinks you have your priorities a little out of order here.
Old 10-22-2010, 03:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by XvoorheesX View Post
Call me Captain No-fun, but I'd worry about coming up with an actual story before discussing where to place the text on a hypothetical poster.

Eh, I've done this. Sometimes an easy way to get into the tone of your script is to mock up some advertising materials.
Old 10-22-2010, 05:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by XvoorheesX View Post

Everyone has got a different ways to brainstorm. I thought whipping up a teaser poster in photoshop and seeing how it would look would help me think more what the actual film would be like. But we definitely plan on doing it (we go to a film school) so we have the resources and the actors.
Old 11-06-2010, 07:26 PM
i write jokes and make photoshop posters before i write lol. then again, im half a tard
Old 11-06-2010, 09:51 PM

I dug the poster a lot.