Old 11-04-2010, 02:02 PM
Has anyone picked up Towers of Midnight yet?

I haven't - I'm going to try to wait until the e-book version hits in February - but I've been reading a lot of reviews, and they all sound great. Just wondering if any of you guys have started it yet?
Old 11-04-2010, 05:20 PM
Oh most definetley I have.
Im about 500 pages in and liking it A LOT!
It starts off a bit slow, but god dam when it got going I couldnt put it down.
Old 11-04-2010, 05:56 PM
So jealous! I want to read it so badly I'm seriously considering just buying it, which is a HUGE thing for Ms. E-Reader over here.

Do you like his writing style? I really do, which shocked me a little - I was sort of surprised to.
Old 11-04-2010, 08:11 PM
Sanderson is hit or miss for me, he definitely doesn't detract from the story though. Im going to go back and re-read when I'm done to try and figure out which parts RJ wrote. I already know one for sure, but I obviously wont tell you about it because it's biiiiiig.

Last edited by fixedMind; 11-05-2010 at 01:21 AM..
Old 11-04-2010, 08:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fixedMind View Post
Sanderson is hit or miss for me, he definetley doesnt detract from the story though. Im going to go back and reread when Im done to try and figure out which parts RJ wrote. I already know one for sure, but I obviously wont tell you about it because it's biiiiiig.
LOL, well I appreciate that!!
Old 11-06-2010, 10:15 AM
Holy shit?! This is out already? My how time flies! I need to get my copy ASAP.
Old 11-07-2010, 02:27 PM
Sanderson appears to have done a masterful job again. Just like the last book, you can barely tell it isn't Robert Jordan writing. In some places Sanderson even does better. He has a much better way of writing female characters. However, he does a pretty terrible job with humor. For some reason he feels like he has to turn Mat into the comic relief.

Only a few hundred pages in so far, though.
Old 11-08-2010, 07:53 AM
I started reading it last night. As in, I read two pages of the prologue before bed. It was a ridiculously busy/tiring weekend, what can I say.

Will be diving in today.

I'm excited!
Old 11-11-2010, 06:20 PM
I finished the book last night. My major complaint is the terrible pacing. Robert Jordan was a master at telling a whole bunch of different stories at the same time, while Sanderson seems mostly to want to only tell one story at a time. This may be a result of him having to cram so much story into one book though.

My second major complaint: we are now at the second to last chapter and yet we still are only getting a handful of chapters about the main character! It's frustrating to say the least, but it's not as bad as some of the other books have been.

I'm still not sure how he plans to cram everything that is left to tell into the last book.
Old 11-28-2010, 01:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jolanar View Post
I'm still not sure how he plans to cram everything that is left to tell into the last book.
That was EXACTLY my thought when I finished it. It seems to me like there is a LOT left to happen. I cannot possibly imagine how it's going to be crammed into one book. Aviendha's eye-opening trip to Rhuidean (sp?) alone could be MANY more books!

Le sigh. I hope it's not too busy...but I suspect it will be exactly that.