Go Back   Movie Fan Central Discussion Forums > Movie Talk! > Horror Movie talk
MOVIE FAN CENTRAL FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-22-2011, 02:26 PM
A Blair Witch 2 "Director's Cut" sounds like it would be a much better movie.spoilers

I hate the character limit on topic titles. >_<

Anyway, watched BW2 and listened to the commentary, I wouldn't mind seeing the director's original vision described in the commentary if it actually existed.

1. The interrogations wouldn't happen until the end of the film.
2. The random flashes of gory murder would have not been added.
3. The original flow of the movie was supposed to have started off a lot lighter and gotten darker as the film proceeded. You would have heard Sinatra's "Witchcraft" near the beginning instead of Manson's "Disposable Teens".
Old 09-22-2011, 03:40 PM
Yeah, I watched the (or rather listened) to the director's commentary of Book of Shadows as well, and would have been interested in seeing a release of it. I don't know if I would say that it "would be a much better movie," but I would appreciate seeing it. I was a pretty big fan of this movie back in the day, and that was actually what got me into Marilyn Manson (one of my all-time heroes), so I have to admit that I'm a little prejudiced towards the released cut. I think that this is a very underrated sequel.
Old 09-22-2011, 08:00 PM
I am one of the few who did not like the original, but loved the sequel. Maybe it is better on the big screen, I watched it on DVD. It is like Cloverfield, I believe. Awesome in theaters, loses appeal on DVD.
Old 12-31-2011, 04:25 PM
My memory is fuzzy on the sequel but I do remember that for me, it was just getting good.....when it ended. I was with it all along mumbling..."ok, I see what they're doing, where they're going." But once you realize stuff like the murder of the store clerk is on the security cams and the goth chicks eyes go WIDE...that's when I was really like "oh fuck!"............and then credits. =(
Old 12-31-2011, 08:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoe1985 View Post
I am one of the few who did not like the original, but loved the sequel. Maybe it is better on the big screen, I watched it on DVD. It is like Cloverfield, I believe. Awesome in theaters, loses appeal on DVD.
Woah. I'm sorry but you really need to give The Blair Witch Project another shot! Perhaps that's just me and my Cloverfield-hatin' self, but Blair Witch is much, much superior to anything Cloverfield has to offer! I would recommend watching this one on vhs in comparison to dvd, if you're so lucky to get that chance. It would be so much more nostalgic to the time which it was released, especially considering the "Found Footage" aspect of it.
Old 01-01-2012, 05:02 PM
I'm another who prefers the sequel over the original. I found Blair Witch a tedious viewing due to the characters and the camerawork.
Old 01-03-2012, 12:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisoGenie View Post
Woah. I'm sorry but you really need to give The Blair Witch Project another shot! Perhaps that's just me and my Cloverfield-hatin' self, but Blair Witch is much, much superior to anything Cloverfield has to offer! I would recommend watching this one on vhs in comparison to dvd, if you're so lucky to get that chance. It would be so much more nostalgic to the time which it was released, especially considering the "Found Footage" aspect of it.
I actually saw it on VHS when it was released. Films like these are usually better on the big screen, in my opinion. I believe it is just the feel of being in darkness in a big theater that works so well.