Old 12-04-2012, 11:00 AM
Bill Murray signs on to Ghostbusters 3?!

http://superofficialnews.com/bill-mu...hostbusters-3/

i hope this is true.
Old 12-05-2012, 06:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tobiasjenn View Post

I'll believe it when I see it. I'd imagine if it were 100% confirmed, this would be on the front page of the wall street journal, the pope would be talking about it on twitter, there would be a presidential press conference, the senate would be proposing a bill for a national holiday...
Old 12-05-2012, 06:59 AM
Nope.

Quote:
From Starpulse.com - Update: The source has been outed as a fake. There is currently no announcement on Bill Murray's involvement in an upcoming Ghostbusters film.
Old 12-15-2012, 11:22 AM
At this point, I think they should re boot it. The concept was sound, but I think in the right hands this can be a great series of movies. I am thinking seth macfarlane. I can see Ben Stiller and his buddies doing this and really fucking it up (in a bad way).

Vince Vaughn "He slimed, baby"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ng0olzfFzog

For The Postmaster, because I am a funny guy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pzaQj...1&feature=fvwp

Last edited by Erroneous; 12-15-2012 at 11:26 AM..
Old 04-26-2013, 05:04 PM
If they get a new younger bunch to take on the mantle from the old bunch, this is who I think could work

Obviously the characters don't have to be exact copies of the original film characters, nor do you have to have a black character to replace 'Zeddmore'. But I have sorta divided them into what type of person they would be, but that's just how I see them in their roles.

1. Luke Wilson: ladies man/charmer

2. Seth Rogen: tubby 'Ray Stantz-like' one

3. Michael Cera: soft spoken/wimpy/scared one

4. Ken Jeong: brainy/gadget one

I do think the cast would need to be smaller names rather than huge stars, but known stars of course. Off the wall type guys mixed with a sense of black humour and decent sarcasm.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	lw.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	12.5 KB
ID:	12042   Click image for larger version

Name:	sr.jpg
Size:	6.3 KB
ID:	12043   Click image for larger version

Name:	mc.jpg
Size:	43.2 KB
ID:	12044   Click image for larger version

Name:	kj.jpg
Size:	6.4 KB
ID:	12045  
Old 05-02-2013, 10:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hubbs View Post
If they get a new younger bunch to take on the mantle from the old bunch, this is who I think could work

Obviously the characters don't have to be exact copies of the original film characters, nor do you have to have a black character to replace 'Zeddmore'. But I have sorta divided them into what type of person they would be, but that's just how I see them in their roles.

1. Luke Wilson: ladies man/charmer

2. Seth Rogen: tubby 'Ray Stantz-like' one

3. Michael Cera: soft spoken/wimpy/scared one

4. Ken Jeong: brainy/gadget one

I do think the cast would need to be smaller names rather than huge stars, but known stars of course. Off the wall type guys mixed with a sense of black humour and decent sarcasm.
I can see maybe Luke Wilson or Seth Rogen, but comedians like Michael Cera & Ken Jeong don't belong in a film like this (at least not as a Ghostbuster). Casting comedic actors based on the wrong kind of funny for Ghostbusters is what scares the hell out of me.

Hopefully the filmmakers behind this movie realize that part of what made Ghostbusters work was the fact that the Ghostbusters themselves were cool (Even Egon was cool in his own way). They were superheroes on par with Indiana Jones or Iron Man, while at the same time being the kind of average Joe you'd like to hang out with. They kicked ass and every actor brought a lot of charisma to their role. Kids wanted to be them when they grew up. I have a friend who based his entire persona off of Bill Murry from Ghostbusters. No kid wants to be the overly weird & awkward kind of person like Cera or Jeong.

Personally, I could see someone like Chris Pratt or Charlie Day being a part of this.
Old 05-03-2013, 09:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Loblaw View Post
I can see maybe Luke Wilson or Seth Rogen, but comedians like Michael Cera & Ken Jeong don't belong in a film like this (at least not as a Ghostbuster). Casting comedic actors based on the wrong kind of funny for Ghostbusters is what scares the hell out of me.

Hopefully the filmmakers behind this movie realize that part of what made Ghostbusters work was the fact that the Ghostbusters themselves were cool (Even Egon was cool in his own way). They were superheroes on par with Indiana Jones or Iron Man, while at the same time being the kind of average Joe you'd like to hang out with. They kicked ass and every actor brought a lot of charisma to their role. Kids wanted to be them when they grew up. I have a friend who based his entire persona off of Bill Murry from Ghostbusters. No kid wants to be the overly weird & awkward kind of person like Cera or Jeong.

Personally, I could see someone like Chris Pratt or Charlie Day being a part of this.
I see your point but raise you one Rick Moranis:

Old 05-03-2013, 10:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jolanar View Post
I see your point but raise you one Rick Moranis:

Good point, except for the fact that Moranis' character was never a Ghostbuster. He stole that suit at the end of the second movie (notice that the name on his suit reads 'Spengler'), and he didn't really accomplish anything (he only thought he did, which was yet another joke on him). He was never an official Ghostbuster, just a wannabe.

His character, Louis, was someone for the Ghostbusters to poke fun of in both movies. He was a goofy accountant that made the Ghostbusters seem even cooler.

Last edited by Bob Loblaw; 05-03-2013 at 01:50 PM..