Go Back   Movie Fan Central Discussion Forums > Movie Talk! > Upcoming Movie Talk
MOVIE FAN CENTRAL FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #41  
Old 06-05-2012, 10:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rustysyringe View Post
Don't get your panties in a bunch because I don't think Batman Begins and TDK are good movies, because they really aren't. And the comment is about the general procession of shit Hollywood puts out, not the movies I listed per se (although they do suck donkey scrotum). All we seem to get is men in tights (gay), rom coms (fucking gay), and cartoons. And quite frankly, I am tired of it.
I think your opinion will get some more respect if you avoid phrases like "suck donkey scrotum" and using the term gay as a critical adjective of a movie. Right now your post is screaming disgruntled middle school student elitist.
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 06-05-2012, 11:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveyJoeG View Post
I think your opinion will get some more respect if you avoid phrases like "suck donkey scrotum" and using the term gay as a critical adjective of a movie. Right now your post is screaming disgruntled middle school student elitist.
Definite elitist because I am smarter than most everyone. Definitely not middle school.

Besides, he threw the first volley. I merely responded.
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 06-05-2012, 12:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rustysyringe View Post
Definite elitist because I am smarter than most everyone. Definitely not middle school.
I'm sure you are does mommy tell you that everyday when she wakes you up in the morning?
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 06-05-2012, 02:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderStorm View Post
I'm sure you are does mommy tell you that everyday when she wakes you up in the morning?
Nah, I just deduced that on my own.

She does tell me I am very handsome though. So I figure I got it all, brains and looks.
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 06-05-2012, 03:53 PM
I'm so glad to see actual discussion is happening on this board. Here's Tony Stark's new car to hopefully get the talking back onto the movie again!
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 06-05-2012, 03:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rustysyringe View Post
Don't get your panties in a bunch because I don't think Batman Begins and TDK are good movies, because they really aren't. And the comment is about the general procession of shit Hollywood puts out, not the movies I listed per se (although they do suck donkey scrotum). All we seem to get is men in tights (gay), rom coms (fucking gay), and cartoons. And quite frankly, I am tired of it.
So many poorly chosen words, I don't know where to start.
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 07-14-2012, 10:28 PM
Comic Con Iron Man 3 panel sounded awesome. They showed footage that sounded damn cool and they're only halfway done shooting the film.

Some quotes and a description on the footage.

Quote:
Favreau says he feels like a proud grandfather who doesn't have to change the diapers but who gets to play with the baby

"Will we see Bruce Banner?" someone asks

"If you remember THE AVENGERS," says Feige, "Stark left with him in the car... but he dropped him at the Port Authority and we'll see him another day."
Footage:
Spoiler:
We begin in Stark's lab. He's talking to "dummy" and his suits of armor, telling them he's about to introduce them to their badass baby brother

Stark stands, posing and flexing. Suddenly a piece of armor shoots across the room

One by one, his armor form, flying at him as he wills it to

One hits his crotch, through, and he doubles over

Another slams into his back and he falls, but jet-propels himself back up

The last piece is the faceplate and, as it comes at him, he flips, propeling himself off the crowd with one hand upside down while the mask comes on

We see another scene with Favreau as Happy talking to Stark through a video chat

"You can't talk to me like that," he tells Stark good humoredly, "I don't work for you anymore."

"That's because you quit!" says Stark

He says he can't deal with Stark being off with the Superfriends these days

We see a bunch of footage -- Guy Pearce's character -- The Iron Patriot armor

"Some people call me a terrorist," says a voice

"I consider myself a teacher. Lesson number one: There is no such thing as heroes."

We see a bunch of helicopters firing on Stark's house, blowing it off the edge of the cliff

Inside, every suit of armor is destroyed

Iron Man falls into the ocean as wreckage comes down on top of him

Cut to Ben Kingsley as The Mandarin (It's the costume from the comic almost exactly )

The footage ends and they're even calling him the Mandarin now






Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 07-14-2012, 10:35 PM
Damn that armor looks ugly as fuck.
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 07-15-2012, 11:23 PM
The Marvel Panel (minus the actual footage) at Comic Con...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...v=xChGwFrDxE8#!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=h4oqCnz4K_I

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...v=Rq07kKxy1E8#!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=0P47xZUzyFU
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 07-17-2012, 08:22 PM
It's Iron Man. The first one rocked, the second wasn't half bad, and The Avengers kicked ass. It's pretty much a given I'll be checking this out.
Reply With Quote
  #51  
Old 07-17-2012, 11:15 PM
I hope it makes up for the mediocre Iron Man 2. I think it will. I have faith in Shane Black. He's a great writer and Kiss Kiss Bang Bang proved that he's a capable director too.
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 09-21-2012, 12:03 AM


http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit.../news/?a=67531
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 09-21-2012, 07:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeChar4321 View Post
I hope War machine doesn't look like that in the movie. And im not a fan of the new iron man armor look but maybe it will grow on me. To early to decide.
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 09-21-2012, 07:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rustysyringe View Post
Don't get your panties in a bunch because I don't think Batman Begins and TDK are good movies, because they really aren't. And the comment is about the general procession of shit Hollywood puts out, not the movies I listed per se (although they do suck donkey scrotum). All we seem to get is men in tights (gay), rom coms (fucking gay), and cartoons. And quite frankly, I am tired of it.
I disagree the batman movies are bad. I wasnt the biggest fan of the first. I LOVED TDK and TDKR. Battleship was fun. Not very good tho. I think the comic book movies are nearing over kill but as a comic book fan i am enjoying them while they are being made. Transformers 1 was very good to me. Fun as hell (which is the point it was made..to be a summer blockbuster action adventure kinda film) part 2 was kinda watered down but still some what fun. Story was HORRIBLE. Part 3 was overkill in everyway but sill fun. Didnt expect an oscar nomination for an actor playing any role in any fil. Just expected stuff blowing up. Robots fighting ...fun.

If i may say this...If u made points to why you felt how you do instead of just saying they suck because they just do and its gay...maybe people can understand where your coming from and we can communicate better. You have the right to your opinion in every way. I respect you for going against popular opinion though.
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 10-04-2012, 04:49 PM
"Iron Man 3" Trailer On October 23rd

The first teaser trailer for Marvel Studios' "Iron Man 3" is set to go online at 12:01 a.m. US-EST on Tuesday October 23rd according to E! Online*.

The spot will mark the first real public piece of marketing for the film, aside from the Comic Con panel and footage back in July. It'll also be the public's first real glimpse at what Marvel has in store in regards to its much-vaunted Phase Two plans.

Though he sustained an ankle injury on set a while back, Robert Downey Jr. is now back at work and the May 3rd 2013 release date remains unchanged.
http://www.darkhorizons.com/news/251...n-october-23rd

*http://au.eonline.com/news/350959/ir...ew-suit-on-set
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	iron_article.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	89.5 KB
ID:	10707  
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 10-18-2012, 02:27 PM
Iron Man 3 Synopsis Revealed - It's here - details and more - http://wp.me/p2CCWq-2hX
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 10-18-2012, 02:48 PM
I'm really excited that Shane Black is directing this, I thought Kiss Kiss Bang Bang was great, and I'm excited to see him work with RDJ again. Also pretty interested to see what they do with Guy Pearce and Ben Kingsley as Mandarin.
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 10-18-2012, 03:00 PM
Just to make a throwback to the "Third film" conversation, a film can be good no matter what it is: a sequel, a remake, whatever.

The Godfather, pt. II, Scarface (remake), The Exorcist III (sequel), Spider-Man 2 (sequel), The Dark Knight (sequel), etc.

I'm hoping for the best with this, especially with Shane Black involved. I don't know if I'd pay to see any more Marvel movies outside of the Spider-Man story, but hopefully it can pull off being interesting.
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 10-18-2012, 04:04 PM
I'd like to see Tony's alcoholism explored a bit more. I think it's the most interesting aspect of the character, and it's important to humanize these super hero types.
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 10-18-2012, 07:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveyJoeG View Post
I'm really excited that Shane Black is directing this
My sentiment exactly. I honestly am not even a fan of RDJ nor Iron Man, what excites me the most is the notion of Shane Black coming back to the genre he helped define. We'll see if he still got it. After all, he's mostly a writer.
Reply With Quote
  #61  
Old 10-18-2012, 09:21 PM
I love the fact that Shane Black is fully in charge yet he's using all his resources. Having Favreau on set to bounce ideas off and ask advice from will only make the film better.
Reply With Quote
  #62  
Old 10-21-2012, 03:46 PM
IRON MAN 3 sneak peak is HERE

is is a sneak peak at the trailer for IROM MAN 3 that will arrive on Tuesday.. The Sneak peak is 17sec.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=askHCPHNRsM
Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old 10-21-2012, 05:33 PM
That was awesome, I actually liked Iron Man and Iron Man 2 the first one was obviously better but I didn't think Iron Man 2 was all that bad.
Reply With Quote
  #64  
Old 10-21-2012, 06:10 PM
Damn you, sneak peaks! Damn you!
Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old 10-22-2012, 12:47 PM
First Look at Ben Kingsley as new villain The Mandarin

OMG!!!!

http://insidemovies.ew.com/2012/10/2...in-first-look/

(update)

German Teaser offers first look at Guy Pearce as Aldrich Killian

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=llZFCQluPYw

(update2)

Found these on the imdb page for IM3:

[from trailer]
The Mandarin: Some people call me a terrorist. I consider myself a teacher. Lesson number one: Heroes, there is no such thing.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1300854/quotes

and

Official title changed to ''Iron Man 3D''
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1300854/...read/205811527
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	mandarin.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	62.5 KB
ID:	10847   Click image for larger version

Name:	Guy IM3.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	24.0 KB
ID:	10848  

Last edited by Ruly2; 10-22-2012 at 01:46 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #66  
Old 10-22-2012, 12:59 PM
Official trailer hits at 12:01 am on Tuesday
Reply With Quote
  #67  
Old 10-22-2012, 08:54 PM
For some reason I just can't get up for this. I mean I LOVE Downey as Start but I just cant muster up any excitement for the 3rd installment.
Maybe its because the second one sucked so much or maybe its cause the villain doesn't really intrigue me.
Reply With Quote
  #68  
Old 10-23-2012, 12:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by P1NSTR1PEZ View Post
Official trailer hits at 12:01 am on Tuesday
So where is it? Its past 12:01pm, I cant find it anywhere!
Reply With Quote
  #69  
Old 10-23-2012, 01:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fixedMind View Post
So where is it? Its past 12:01pm, I cant find it anywhere!
Time zones.
Reply With Quote
  #70  
Old 10-23-2012, 03:01 AM
http://trailers.apple.com/trailers/marvel/ironman3/
Reply With Quote
  #71  
Old 10-23-2012, 03:10 AM
teaser didn't blow me away, but then - most teasers aren't mindblowing. Snow = Christmas = classic Shane Black
Reply With Quote
  #72  
Old 10-23-2012, 03:45 AM
After tons of teasers, it's here - Iron Man 3 official trailer - http://wp.me/p2CCWq-2iz
Reply With Quote
  #73  
Old 10-23-2012, 04:27 AM

Iron Man 3 looks INCREDIBLE!!!

It should definitely be better than the rather mediocre Iron Man 2. But it also looks like it could be better than the first film and The Avengers! It looks like it could even go down as one of the best comic book movies period!

That's it! NEVER, EVER doubt the brilliance that is Shane Black!
Reply With Quote
  #74  
Old 10-23-2012, 04:58 AM
looks awesome!

think it's about him needing to find himself again. kinda like TDKR.
Reply With Quote
  #75  
Old 10-23-2012, 05:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PR0J3KT M View Post
kinda like TDKR.
Exactly. Look at the massive influence Nolan has on filmmakers who wish they could be like him. And a few people around here wonder why Nolan is consider the greatest filmmaker.
Reply With Quote
  #76  
Old 10-23-2012, 07:57 AM
I will wait for the movie , Iron Man 2 trailers were all good and the movie sucked.
Reply With Quote
  #77  
Old 10-23-2012, 08:12 AM
BTW , where are the rest of the Avengers ? After the Avengers , is pretty stupid to have a stand alone film since you know THE FUCKING HULK could come and Help poor Tony Stark.

LOL.

Last edited by CuatroDiablos; 10-23-2012 at 08:47 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #78  
Old 10-23-2012, 09:19 AM
I love the tone of the teaser and the Winter imagery is beautiful and typical of Shane Black. The Avengers was a blast but it's nice to see Tony reduced back to his core and the film seems to highlight genuine drama, emotion, and personal stakes. I like that the events of The Avengers are directly referenced and it will be interesting to see who/what else ties in directly. I just hope the film can maintain its own identity and with Black at the helm I think it will. Color me excited/impressed.
Reply With Quote
  #79  
Old 10-23-2012, 09:25 AM
Trailer was pretty awesome...hopefully its better than the stinker rush job that was IM2.
Reply With Quote
  #80  
Old 10-23-2012, 10:05 AM
Such harsh words for the awesome Iron Man 2!


Anyway, the trailer was pretty damn exciting. Loved the visuals, loved the way The Mandarin looks (the voice i interesting), loved that it looks like Tony is gonna go through some tough shit in this flick. Shane Black has my fullest confidence.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump