Go Back   Movie Fan Central Discussion Forums > Hobby Talk! > Misc. NON-MOVIE TALK forum
MOVIE FAN CENTRAL FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-07-2012, 09:01 PM
do you like being single and doing your own thing

Well l don't mind being siingle and it is great when you can,do anything so as l have sated do you like being single and not have to be in a commuted relationship
Old 12-07-2012, 09:16 PM

I love it.
Old 12-07-2012, 09:22 PM
But why do you like being single. Compared to having a girlfriend
Old 12-07-2012, 09:28 PM
I just feel happier since the freedom is so worth it to me.
Old 12-07-2012, 09:38 PM
You are tight that you can doanything and if you are out on the town you don't have to worry about a boyfriend or gitrlfteind getting jealous
Old 12-07-2012, 09:41 PM
The last time I saw my niece, she said that I seemed happier than when she last saw me. When she asked why, I told her the truth. It was because I was no longer with the girl I was with.
Old 12-07-2012, 09:47 PM
Wit is sad tat things didn't work out with your girlcriend but domes we meet someone and they are not the one but to be happy witha breakup can be a good thing how long were you with her
Old 12-07-2012, 09:49 PM
Just shy of three years.
Old 12-07-2012, 09:51 PM
If you see any speing mistake is is because l am on a mobile still lrearning how to use it
Old 12-07-2012, 09:53 PM
Ok. No prob. Gtg do laundry.
Old 12-07-2012, 09:59 PM
Oh you got some washing to do if you were in Australia you woulld get your washing dry in 15 mins it is39C. Also with the weather so hot you could fry a egg on someone's head in a small f.frypan and it would be cooked in secs lol well I thought it was funny grins

Last edited by Bondgirl; 12-07-2012 at 10:23 PM..
Old 12-07-2012, 10:32 PM
i enjoy of being single.
Old 12-07-2012, 10:40 PM
But what is so good about being single and what benifits do you get

Last edited by Bondgirl; 12-07-2012 at 10:45 PM..
Old 12-07-2012, 10:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bondgirl View Post
do you like being single and doing your own thing?
Yes.
Old 12-07-2012, 11:24 PM
Bbut why do you like being single
Old 12-07-2012, 11:35 PM
Quote:
Bbut why do you like being single
I would rather be married to be honest. Be with a fantastic woman of my dreams for the rest of my life. But that is never going to happen. Some people are meant to be single for the entire lives. And I am one of those people. It's the way of things. There are two kinds of people in this world. The doer's and the dreamers. Remember what I told you about myself a few weeks ago? Someone like me will never get married ever. And it's not me being negative or pessimistic or anything like that. It is what it is. None of my past relationships ever worked out anyways. And none ever will. I will grow old and be a lonely bitter person. Then I will die alone. And that's all there is to it. It is the way of things in this messed up, cold, cruel, and unfair world. But what ever I guess. Depressing person at times, aren't I? Besides, what girl in their right mind would want to be with a loner who has no job, no money, no car, no house, and no common sense, hmm? lol

Last edited by God of War; 12-07-2012 at 11:42 PM..
Old 12-07-2012, 11:45 PM
I'll just keep trolling these forums until I either get banned, or just don't bother coming here anymore. Whichever comes first I guess. Hahaha....
Old 12-07-2012, 11:46 PM
Don't be like that you might realize that special person might be tight in front of you someone who thinks you are the best. Thing that she h has met in her. Life
Old 12-07-2012, 11:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by God of War View Post
I'll just keep trolling these forums until I either get banned, or just don't bother coming here anymore. Whichever comes first I guess. Hahaha....
. Don't do that or l will wdack you
Old 12-08-2012, 12:06 AM
Well all I can say is you cabn work on this and geez you are still young you don't know what is around the corner no one can predict the future l what people might have
Old 12-08-2012, 08:46 AM
Nope but I remain this way until that status changes.
We receive a gift of life and should live every day better than the last one.
We can enjoy it alone but I hear its even better when there's someone to enjoy it with.

I'm just sayin.
Old 12-08-2012, 09:58 AM
I'd rather be single any day than be with the wrong person....I'm a hopeless romantic at heart....but a patient one.
Old 12-08-2012, 01:07 PM
Most of my answers are going to be typical...

Being single, I do enjoy the freedom of not having a girlfriend or being married. (then again, I've never been married) It really is an amazing feeling to be able to just get up and go, to do what you want at a moment's notice without having to clear it with anyone.

Then there's the financial freedom. Not being tied down to someone is really nice on the wallet: no expensive restaurant dinner dates, no shopping dates, no impulse buys, no big vacation trips, no elaborate outings, and then there are the endless gifts (birthdays, anniversaries, Christmas, Valentine's Day, and "just because" presents).

Single life, financially, is great. You buy what you want, sometimes when you want (I'm not rich enough to overlook clearances and discounts), and you can afford yourself many luxuries. At times, yes, it feels like I'm filling a psychological/emotional void, like I'm "buying happiness"; but on the other hand, I've got some awesome stuff!

Do I want to be with someone, though? Ultimately, yes, I would like to have a mate to spend and share the rest of my life with...who wouldn't? But I don't want it to be with just anyone, I don't want to settle/compromise. I've seen what that looks like with other people that I know, and I don't want that. I don't want to be forced into a life where I have to find whatever little happiness I can in what is typically a shitty situation. I hope that came across right. Maybe I just hold onto that value more than the people I know who are now married did.

I'm pretty sure (at least I hope) I'll get married at some point, but at the same time, I'm not going to get hitched for the sake of not being alone. If being single is the cost of that, then so be it. I'd much rather grow into a single 50 year-old boy than be in a miserable early relationship/marriage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AspectRatio1986 View Post
I'd rather be single any day than be with the wrong person....I'm a hopeless romantic at heart....but a patient one.
^ this...

I'm not afraid of being alone... I just don't wanna be...

Last edited by Exophrine; 12-08-2012 at 02:29 PM..
Old 12-08-2012, 01:43 PM
Absolutely. But open to other possibilities as well.
Old 12-08-2012, 02:08 PM
Quote:
Oh you got some washing to do if you were in Australia you woulld get your washing dry in 15 mins it is39C. Also with the weather so hot you could fry a egg on someone's head in a small f.frypan and it would be cooked in secs lol well I thought it was funny grins
I don't doubt it and I would leave this country if I could. But passports are $300 at least and that it is so out of my budget,(not to mention getting a work visa).
Australia has been one place on my list of places where I would rather be along with New Zealand, Austria, and Switzerland.

The USA is going to get bad, very bad, soon.
Old 12-08-2012, 02:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Guiltless View Post
The USA is going to get bad, very bad, soon.
"Going to get" bad? Where have you been? LoL!
Old 12-08-2012, 02:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaw2929 View Post
"Going to get" bad? Where have you been? LoL!
I meant that relative to an outsider looking in when you compare nations. But yeah, think Greece X12.
Old 12-08-2012, 02:58 PM

Everyone had said the pros of being single but not the cons. Sadly being single these days many people see this as "are they gay because the've never seen him/her with a guy/babe?" And even there's also discrimination for marital status as being a non married person. It ain't B.S. it's true. We live in a world saturated of false stereotypes that any A-hole believe it. I'm currently single and i made a lot of things like becoming a 5 & 10K runner, taking tae kwon do and now i got my pass for the local swiming pool which means i'm already a swimmer. And also considering to get into shape for the new year.
Old 12-08-2012, 03:12 PM
Quote:
I meant that relative to an outsider looking in when you compare nations. But yeah, think Greece X12.
I don't know anything about Greece.
Old 12-08-2012, 03:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaw2929 View Post
I don't know anything about Greece.
You will.
Old 12-08-2012, 03:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyRazor View Post
Nope but I remain this way until that status changes.
We receive a gift of life and should live every day better than the last one.
We can enjoy it alone but I hear its even better when there's someone to enjoy it with.
Lookk fi
I'm just sayin.
I have to agree we should enjoy life not. a couple of days ahead but day by. day l know it is nice to have someone or things. In life but one shoulfd not ldistroy themselves it is not worth it

Last edited by Bondgirl; 12-08-2012 at 03:30 PM..
Old 12-08-2012, 03:34 PM
Yes aus has a very high dollar and very expensive to visit l have Toto agree that places,like America and Europe are very cheap at the moment if you want a nice holiday
Old 12-08-2012, 03:45 PM
It would be terrible to be in a relationship where you were not happy in it and ss sometimes it is a better being single until you find a mate you want be with
Old 12-08-2012, 05:22 PM
"Single and lonely. Married and bored" - Chris Rock.

Truer words have never been spoken

Being single has its ups and downs, the trouble is learning how to be happy with being single (so, happy with yourself). Only then will you actually be able to be happy with someone else. Gotta know how to be single, in order to not be single in the future. Personally, I'm loving being single right now but fuck does it get lonely sometimes.
Old 12-08-2012, 05:24 PM
Quote:
You will.
How's that?
Old 12-08-2012, 07:29 PM
I think the only time l hate being single is when you, go out worth a group of ciuples it can be lonely
Old 12-08-2012, 07:39 PM
^ reminded me of another downside to being single...

Sometimes it feels like you're not progressing in your life if you're not pairing off with someone else. I mean, every once in a while, a few friends of yours are either dating new people or getting married, and some are even having kids. Meanwhile, you're sitting there with this news and wondering where your single life is headed, long term...

...then I remember that I don't have major commitments like a wife and/or a child, and do something reckless...because I can

But I really have been hanging out with a few friends less and less because they're in committed relationships headed for marriage, and being either alone or with someone I'm dating (a stranger to them) kind of makes me feel out of place.

Last edited by Exophrine; 12-08-2012 at 07:46 PM..
Old 12-08-2012, 08:12 PM
Yes it is a down side of being single but it is a challage to meet new friends but where can you meet them all l can think of workmates or stating a new hobbie but also what type of hobbies can you go unto when faced with this

Last edited by Bondgirl; 12-08-2012 at 09:49 PM..
Old 12-08-2012, 11:10 PM
Another worth discussing is,when couples prefer the company Tod other couples and don't want the single friends around
Old 12-08-2012, 11:16 PM
Quote:
Don't be like that you might realize that special person might be tight in front of you someone who thinks you are the best. Thing that she h has met in her. Life
It's not happened yet unfortunately.