Go Back   Movie Fan Central Discussion Forums > Movie Talk! > General Movie Talk
MOVIE FAN CENTRAL FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #41  
Old 03-11-2011, 11:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elgyn View Post
To all two of the people adamant on defending George Lucas:

I want to hear you defend Lucas' decision to make Greedo shoot first.
Go ahead, let's hear it.
My answer is: Who cares? Han is still an asshole up until the end of A New Hope.
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 03-11-2011, 11:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Fred Krueger View Post
My answer is: Who cares? Han is still an asshole up until the end of A New Hope.


Who cares?!? It totally KILLS a classic scene from a classic movie.....not to mention it ruins a scene that really introduced us to the character of Han Solo and showed us what he was all about.

I think the "Greedo shooting first" fiasco is just a great example of why Lucas needs to quit going back and tinkering with the original trilogy.
There is an old expression that goes something like, "Sometimes the artist is not the best judge of his own work", or something along those lines.
Yes I realize "Star Wars" is Lucas' baby and he can do whatever he wants with it...but when an artist gets too obsessed with tinkering with his own work, we get stuff like Greedo shooting first.
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 03-13-2011, 01:05 PM
Gredo shooting never made sense to me. First off, he had just said, seconds ago, how he was gonna bring Han to Jabba alive, so why let one off? Second, how the fuck can you miss at point blank range like that?

Last edited by Smiert Spionam; 03-13-2011 at 03:56 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 03-13-2011, 01:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiert Spionam View Post
Second, how the fuck, can you miss at point blank range like that?

Yeah I know, it just makes the new version of the scene all the more ridiculous.
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 03-13-2011, 09:39 PM
Seriously people????? Who the fuck cares who shot first? Why did this thread have to go there? This is just like The Big Bandg Theory.
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 03-13-2011, 10:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erroneous View Post
Seriously people????? Who the fuck cares who shot first? Why did this thread have to go there? This is just like The Big Bandg Theory.
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 03-13-2011, 10:43 PM
We might have veered offcourse a little from the 3D conversions, but we're still talking about Lucas and his screwing around with the original trilogy.

And really...what kind of "Star Wars" geek doesn't get pissed about Greedo shooting first?
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 03-14-2011, 07:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elgyn View Post
Who cares?!? It totally KILLS a classic scene from a classic movie.....not to mention it ruins a scene that really introduced us to the character of Han Solo and showed us what he was all about.

I think the "Greedo shooting first" fiasco is just a great example of why Lucas needs to quit going back and tinkering with the original trilogy.
There is an old expression that goes something like, "Sometimes the artist is not the best judge of his own work", or something along those lines.
Yes I realize "Star Wars" is Lucas' baby and he can do whatever he wants with it...but when an artist gets too obsessed with tinkering with his own work, we get stuff like Greedo shooting first.
Well put.
After YEARS of a movie playing out one way, a memorable scene, to come out and change that making such a significant statement on Han (what would Chewie think?), it IS dirty pool.
Just because he CAN change it however he wants doesn't mean he SHOULD.

And now 3D?
The hokiest movie gimmick to come along just to make extra money from faithful movie goers?
Do you need money, Georgie? I didn't know you were strapped like that.
Let me see what I've got.
I'll float you a loan.
Spielberg is letting you languish like this? Shame on you, Steven.
That's got to be the only reason you'd turn a set of decades old classic movies into a steaming pile of niche crap.
Show of hands: how many Schmoes asked for Star Wars to be in 3D?
Can't see them to clearly but I can bet there aren't that many.
He goes from being done with the series to painstakingly reworking a shitty 3D effect into it?
George, Palpatine got to you, didn't he?

Let's face it, my friends.
In this canteena, George shot first. We're all steaming Greedos.
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 03-14-2011, 05:06 PM
Lucas converting the movies to 3D (and re-releasing them for the umpteenth time in theaters) really doesn't surprise me at all. It's totally the George Lucas thing to do.

The tagline for the 3D version of "Phantom Menace" should be: "The third dimension is disappointment".
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 03-15-2011, 11:57 AM
I actually said after seeing Avatar in 3D that I would love it if Star Wars were to be released in 3D. Avatar was a steaming pile of shit wrapped in really awesome 3D - And Star Wars is far superior in every way. Let's face it... Star Wars is going to look fucking amazing in 3D.
Reply With Quote
  #51  
Old 03-15-2011, 03:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elgyn View Post
And really...what kind of "Star Wars" geek doesn't get pissed about Greedo shooting first?
One that realizes there's a lot more to worry about in this world than to worry about Greedo shooting first.
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 03-15-2011, 04:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Fred Krueger View Post
One that realizes there's a lot more to worry about in this world than to worry about Greedo shooting first.

Ehh...kind of a cop-out answer, because you could say that about any argument about any movie.
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 03-15-2011, 06:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elgyn View Post
Ehh...kind of a cop-out answer, because you could say that about any argument about any movie.
Meh, it's one of those changes that I've never felt any feelings toward (that was kind of the point I was trying to make in a round about way). It doesn't hurt the scene in my opinion and is nothing to fuss about.
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 03-17-2011, 02:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Fred Krueger View Post
Meh, it's one of those changes that I've never felt any feelings toward (that was kind of the point I was trying to make in a round about way). It doesn't hurt the scene in my opinion and is nothing to fuss about.
99.999999999999999% of all Star Wars fans do not give two fucks of who shot first. I can't believe people even debate this still.

In other news, Diet Coke beat out Pepsi for #2 carbonated drink. Coke is #1. Michael Bay could not be reached for comment.
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 03-17-2011, 05:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erroneous View Post
99.999999999999999% of all Star Wars fans do not give two fucks of who shot first. I can't believe people even debate this still.

You must talk to different "Star Wars" fans than I do.
It's one of the most notorious changes Lucas made to the OT.
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 03-17-2011, 06:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erroneous View Post
99.999999999999999% of all Star Wars fans do not give two fucks of who shot first. I can't believe people even debate this still.

In other news, Diet Coke beat out Pepsi for #2 carbonated drink. Coke is #1. Michael Bay could not be reached for comment.
Yeah but 76.2% of all statistics are total fucking bullshit.
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 03-18-2011, 04:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveyJoeG View Post
Yeah but 76.2% of all statistics are total fucking bullshit.
LOL Very funny. Thank you.
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 03-27-2011, 09:03 AM

I am honestly really excited to see these films in 3D. I have always been a huge Star Wars geek and seen all of the films several times. Although I am usually against all 3D releases of movies, I believe that if there is anyone who can successfully convert a film into 3D and make it look absolutely fantastic, it's without a doubt George Lucas.
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 03-27-2011, 09:52 PM
Seriously who on earth is going to want to watch an expensive re-release of TPM 4 months after they've bought the bluray?
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 03-28-2011, 08:59 PM
Me.
Reply With Quote
  #61  
Old 03-28-2011, 09:31 PM
Despite my previous rant of not going near this film, there are people, like Bourahioro, that appreciate this trilogy and would gladly spend money to see it again in theaters, 3d or no 3d. I'm 99.9% positive my two best friends will be seeing these flicks more than once in theaters, that is if they don't want to go near the 3D aspect.

If I was even remotely interested in this, I think the 3d would be the deal-breaker for me. For all the disastrous things i hear about the post-conversion for these films, I don't think it's going to look good. Then again, it's Lucas were talking about, and maybe he'll treat the 3d respectfully.

For someone who has been really passive on the prequels, I just can't even bother to see how it will be.
Reply With Quote
  #62  
Old 05-09-2011, 08:55 PM
fuck STAR WARS bluray and 3D

I strongly agree Lucas has had his shot of fame at the top and is far now from redeeming himself with the original fans he has lost our respect years agoÖ

Fuck George Lucas he isnít getting one penny for bluray abomination boxset he can chock on what ever money he has left I no longer care about STAR WARS as if that HD will make the slightest bit of difference to picture quality!

Itís the same broken poor colour balance of that crappy 2005 DVD what a con on bluray! You might as well watch it in black & white young star wars kiddie fans because that is not STAR WARS as I saw it in 1977 Ė 1980 and 1983 at cinema in wonderful Dolby Stereo and as for the dtshd master audio 6.1 7th remix what the fuck! Nothing about the box set will be original!

Even episode 1 was extended over the THX laserdisc which was the theatrical release! SIGH Lucas is not worth fucking pot piss!

As for these 3D versions he clearly needs to fucking go to SpecSavers and get a new pair of glasses! STAR WARS was never shot in 3D it was filmed in 2D! We have all read and heard how bad Clash of the Titans was when it was filmed in 2D at the last moment they faked it into 3D and it pissed off a lot of cinema goes!
Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old 05-10-2011, 10:09 AM
1. I will def be watching STAR WARS on the bigger screen (I have a big one at home) in 3D cuz I bet its gonna rock

2. Knowing how this will piss off the fanboys that Lucas is making more money and raping their childhood give me great glee..dont know why, but it does.

3. I have no problem with Han shooting first and in fact like it that way cuz even though he was a dick I never bought him as a premptive killer

4. I will def buy the blu rays

5. I NEVER watch the OT, and in fact LIKE the changes he did.
Reply With Quote
  #64  
Old 05-11-2011, 06:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flickman View Post
1. I will def be watching STAR WARS on the bigger screen (I have a big one at home) in 3D cuz I bet its gonna rock

2. Knowing how this will piss off the fanboys that Lucas is making more money and raping their childhood give me great glee..dont know why, but it does.

3. I have no problem with Han shooting first and in fact like it that way cuz even though he was a dick I never bought him as a premptive killer

4. I will def buy the blu rays

5. I NEVER watch the OT, and in fact LIKE the changes he did.
BOOO HISSSS get out of here you STAR WARS traitor!
Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old 05-12-2011, 02:11 PM
Whats a Star War traitor?

A geek who dresses up like the charactors and goes to conventions and other outings waiting for Triumph the insult dog to attack their stupid asses with awesome put downs?

As a FAN of the movies knowing they are MERELY nothing more than Saturday Morning Flash Gordon type serials and NOT serious deep space opera NOR a legitimate religion, I appreciate and have fun with them. To do more and view them as more is mental illness imo...
Reply With Quote
  #66  
Old 05-12-2011, 02:35 PM
star wars lol
Reply With Quote
  #67  
Old 05-20-2011, 06:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by countchocula View Post
star wars lol
I don't get you man. Why even bothering to type that? You need a new hobby maybe.
Reply With Quote
  #68  
Old 05-20-2011, 07:04 PM
As exciting as it would be to see the Original Trilogy on the big screen, I wouldn't pay a cent to see Lucas' re-edited version, let alone a 3D conversion. As it's been stated in the past, nobody's forcing the fans to go see these in theaters, but I must agree that it's rather pathetic George Lucas is still on the floor scrambling for the last pennies this franchise has to offer.
Reply With Quote
  #69  
Old 05-20-2011, 11:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by countchocula View Post
star wars lol
professional wrestling lol
Reply With Quote
  #70  
Old 05-21-2011, 08:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost in Space View Post
professional wrestling lol
Now that is not nice. Professional wrestling is quite entertaining. Laugh at people who think it is real.
Reply With Quote
  #71  
Old 05-21-2011, 09:05 AM
Reply With Quote
  #72  
Old 05-30-2011, 09:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erroneous View Post
No! No! No,no no no no no no no NO! I need Heath Ledger to rise from the dead and do his Joker and fuck up Lucas like he did the mob.

Fuck George Lucas! I officially hate you. I grew up watching Star Wars. I went to all the original screenings of all 6 Star Wars. I watched Star Wars episode 4 litterally 200 times growing up, because back in the 80's when Star Wars was first on HBO, it was on like everyday, three times a day and I watched it each time. I watched the very first digital screening of Episode 1 when it was in only 3 theaters in the whole world (Winnetka, CA) and fuck did it look bright and clear! I was at the Chinese Theater in Hollywood for a Friday night 8 pm showing of Episode 4 when it was redone with all the special effects and new shit. I owned it when it was on a record and 8 track (I shit you not). I bought it when it was on VHS and DVD. I enjoyed the prequels. I am a Star Wars man.

I WILL NOT BE GOING TO SEE THEM IN 3D AND NEITHER SHOULD YOU! I am totally 100% for someone making money and capitalism, but this is totally out of hand. George Lucas has enough money and there is no need to fleece people anymore. I want these 3D showings to fail. Go pay for another 3D movie showing and go into the Star Wars theater if you have to, but please for the love of movies, do not give this man one more cent of your money.

It is even a joke he is going to start with episode 1, which is considered the worst of the 6. George you fucking hack, James Cameron is the king and you are second class. Go spent some of the money you made on the last triology and make a new triology. Give us something new mother fucker!
After I read your long post, I still don't get your point. You are so antagonistic to 3D just because the new effect will ruin the old feelings? I really doubt that.
Frankly speaking, Star Wars are great, but the old time screen technology and pictures are really poor. With better pics the story will be better streamed too.
Reply With Quote
  #73  
Old 05-31-2011, 01:27 PM
Greedo shot first.
Reply With Quote
  #74  
Old 05-31-2011, 02:28 PM
Changes that I didn't mind:
-The Jabba's Scene in "A new hope".
-Those lizard things that the stormtroopers had in Tattoine.
-The Emperor hologram in "The Empire Strikes back"
-The music band at Jabba's palace.

Changes that I didn't like
-Greedo shooting first.
-Bobba Fett's cameo in "A new hope".
-Hayden Christensen at the ending of "Return of the Jedi".

I'd love to see the OT on the big screen again, but not in 3D. I hope watching it in 2D could be an option but I doubt it.
Reply With Quote
  #75  
Old 06-02-2011, 01:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Definitif View Post
After I read your long post, I still don't get your point. You are so antagonistic to 3D just because the new effect will ruin the old feelings? I really doubt that.
Frankly speaking, Star Wars are great, but the old time screen technology and pictures are really poor. With better pics the story will be better streamed too.
I am not against 3D here. I am against Lucas trying to squeeze more money out of the public for the 100th time. I also do not like how just because there is some new technology he comes out and says he wanted to do it this way, but the techno was not there yet. Bullshit. He made the movies how he wanted them to be. Now he is just raping more money from the fans. Enough is enough.

He should make the public only pay for one ticket to see all 6 movies. He should allow people to trade in their dvds and blu rays 2D versions for the new 3D ones if they want. Prove to me that this is not just about making more money.

He should just dig into his own wallet to pay for the new Star Wars movies brought to us in 3D. I am tired of being taken advantage of by him off movies we have all paid for 3 or 4 times over and I will not support it. It you want to, by all means. More power to you, but I never said anything to your point about quality or 3D.
Reply With Quote
  #76  
Old 06-19-2011, 01:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erroneous View Post
I am not against 3D here. I am against Lucas trying to squeeze more money out of the public for the 100th time. I also do not like how just because there is some new technology he comes out and says he wanted to do it this way, but the techno was not there yet. Bullshit. He made the movies how he wanted them to be. Now he is just raping more money from the fans. Enough is enough.

He should make the public only pay for one ticket to see all 6 movies. He should allow people to trade in their dvds and blu rays 2D versions for the new 3D ones if they want. Prove to me that this is not just about making more money.

He should just dig into his own wallet to pay for the new Star Wars movies brought to us in 3D. I am tired of being taken advantage of by him off movies we have all paid for 3 or 4 times over and I will not support it. It you want to, by all means. More power to you, but I never said anything to your point about quality or 3D.
There is a simple solution here, and it's been repeated ad nauseum.


DON'T WATCH THE FUCKING MOVIES. No one is forcing anyone to see 3D versions of Star Wars. Just don't go, don't support it and move on.
Reply With Quote
  #77  
Old 01-23-2012, 01:34 PM
Please please for all that is good and holy, I hope people do not see Star Wars in 3D in mass. Beauty and the Beast has made about $33 mil so far. I hope Star Wars does not make more than $40. I want Lucas to fail. I hope Red Tails fails. I will not be giving more money to line the pockets of Lucas on the same movie AGAIN.
Reply With Quote
  #78  
Old 01-24-2012, 11:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisoGenie View Post
Phenomenal. (This, coming from a fan of Pro Wrestling as well )

I totally agree with those who won't be watching this shit in 3D. I think 3D is a horse-shit money-making gimmick, and I have zero desire to watch any of the Star Wars films or any other film for that matter, in 3D ever. At all. It's a horse-shit medium that hopefully fucking phases out over time.

I don't really care about any of Lucas' changes/fucking with the original trilogy with the exception of two:

1. There's no fucking way Greedo ever should've shot first - Han shooting first was awesome

and

2. There's also no fucking way Hayden Christensen should be standing at the end of Return of the Jedi as the ghost of Darth Vader/Anakin. Why? Because it doesn't fucking make ANY bit of god damned sense whatsoever! Then why is Alex Guinness there as Obi Wan? Why wouldn't Ewan McGregor be standing there with Yoda and Christensen? I mean fuck, if we're going to have the YOUNGER versions of the characters be standing as ghosts at the end of the movie, can we at least have some god damned fucking CONSISTENCY please? Jesus that was stupid.

So yeah.
Reply With Quote
  #79  
Old 01-25-2012, 04:15 AM
I'm still probably not going to see Phantom Menace or Attack of the Clones in 3D, but I'm kind of warming up to Episodes III-VI. I don't give a damn about the 3D, but it's Star Wars on the big screen, and I've always loved Star Wars and the big screen experience. When the special editions were released in theaters, I only caught A New Hope. I'd kinda like to see more Star Wars movies on the big screen. If it's in 3D, it's in 3D. But it's still Star Wars.
Reply With Quote
  #80  
Old 01-31-2012, 10:52 AM
I totally agree,that is so stupid he is doing that.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump