Old 02-02-2012, 02:26 PM
How's about a SPOILER tag there gabriel.
Old 02-05-2012, 09:43 AM
Why? It's from the season 1
Old 02-05-2012, 02:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehnuma View Post
Why? It's from the season 1
Pretty big event from one of the last episodes of season 1 and I know if some one hasn't seen it they shouldn't be reading this thread....but is it that hard to put a spoiler tag up?

Last edited by Hucksta G; 03-03-2012 at 04:02 PM..
Old 03-03-2012, 03:57 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VVkr9oYsIbo

Am I pumped? Hell yes I am.
Old 03-03-2012, 09:43 PM
Good song choice.

Also, after watching a DVD release party video, I have determined those kids have maybe one season left before they will look uncomfortably old for their roles.

Last edited by outsyder; 03-03-2012 at 09:47 PM..
Old 03-04-2012, 12:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by outsyder View Post
Good song choice.

Also, after watching a DVD release party video, I have determined those kids have maybe one season left before they will look uncomfortably old for their roles.
It is easy to adapt the roles to the age change, I think, particularly because none of them are or look THAT old yet.

Also that trailer and the other trailers have been amazing looks like they continue to stick faithfully to the books

Last edited by Hucksta G; 03-04-2012 at 12:20 AM..
Old 03-06-2012, 08:51 AM
They grow up in the books as well. It wouldn't be that hard to stretch the amount of time that the events take place in the book.
Old 03-06-2012, 02:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jolanar View Post
They grow up in the books as well. It wouldn't be that hard to stretch the amount of time that the events take place in the book.
The events in the books have happened much quicker than what was originally envisioned by Martin. Eventually the ages of the kids in the show will noticeably outpace the ages of the kids in the book. On top of that the ages of the characters in the show were increased anyway given the fairly young ages in the book.

This will most look bad on the kid who plays Bran.
Old 03-06-2012, 03:17 PM
Ya I didn't think about Bran. He's definitely the worst case since his character doesn't even hit puberty in the books. The younger kid could be recast though, has he even been in an episode except the very first one?
Old 03-28-2012, 03:31 PM
Best faaawwwwkin' show on TV... welcome back, old friend.
Old 03-28-2012, 04:48 PM
I kinda didn't want to watch those but then I did and I regret nothing.
Old 03-28-2012, 05:51 PM
Couldn't resist either...only criticism I have of those scenes is man, Dany does NOT look like she's actually seeing the dragon at all. Hope that gets better as the season progresses.

Visually looks great. I'm gonna be bummed if Alan Taylor isn't able to make some time in his schedule to work on Season 3/4 (considering he's attached to the Thor sequel).
Old 03-28-2012, 08:40 PM
http://youtu.be/8KBryYveauU
http://youtu.be/jsY3K6HWCRc
http://youtu.be/G5Ii1Cw4Duk

And three more clips from episode 2 'The Night Lands'
Old 03-28-2012, 11:55 PM
Old 03-29-2012, 02:59 PM
Really looking forward to Sunday Night and the return of Tyrion Lannister to my television, i really enjoy his character development, hes such a cool and interesting character
Old 03-30-2012, 03:35 PM
Sunday!

Old 03-30-2012, 05:46 PM
I VERRY EXCIIIIIIIIIIITE!
Old 03-30-2012, 05:56 PM
Time to start the s1 marathon.
Old 04-01-2012, 10:46 PM
Very good episode. They are clearly speeding certain stories up, as well as emphasizing parts of the books that were not given much light, such as Robb's development as the leader of an army and what it entails.

I think it's possible that they may just try to fit all of Storm of Swords into one season.
Old 04-01-2012, 11:10 PM
Great episode with some great exchanges of dialogue. I'm not sure which one I liked better, Tyrion and Cersei or Cersei and Littlefinger. This is going to be an awesome 2nd season if the first episode is any indication.
Old 04-01-2012, 11:31 PM
This season is going to be a luxury. I can't believe how fast that episode flew by so effortlessly. I loved the added scenes between Robb/Jamie and Petyr/Cersei.

Sundays just got a hell of a lot more enjoyable.
Old 04-02-2012, 02:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by outsyder View Post
Very good episode. They are clearly speeding certain stories up, as well as emphasizing parts of the books that were not given much light, such as Robb's development as the leader of an army and what it entails.

I think it's possible that they may just try to fit all of Storm of Swords into one season.
I'm sure I read an interview where they indicated they would be splitting Storm of Swords in to two seasons.
Old 04-02-2012, 08:13 AM
I was a fan of Season 1, but found that it had some pacing issues and some unnecessary baggage. It looks as though (based on the first episode) they have corrected those issues. It wasn't action packed, but it moved along at a nice clip and finally brought some focus to some subplots that just kind of meandered for pretty much the entire first season.
Old 04-02-2012, 10:42 AM
Thought the first episode was a tad on the boring side. But for the first episode, I guess they wanted to set up all of the different storyines that would be developing this season and possibly into next.

I did enjoy the scene with Jon Stark talking to Jaime with the wolf by his side and the whole speech of "A boy......". Probably my favorite of the episode. The ending was also a nice cliffhanger of the younger Stark sister.

I hope we get to see more of Tyrion, Robb, and Jon Stark. The three of them are my favorite characters.
Old 04-03-2012, 12:38 AM

Not that I'm surprised, but I thought the season premiere was pretty spectacular. I personally liked the decision to move the prolouge chapter of the book further into the episode, if only because it allowed me to more easily acclimate myself with what was going on (burned through all five of the books over the past summer, and not surprisingly I didn't retain a whole ton of the details beyond the major beats).

The music, in particular, I found to be a vast improvement over last season (even though I really did enjoy the soundtrack for season one), but there were a lot of improvements on the technical side of things. The show really looks and sounds amazing thus far.

With generally less exposition needed in this premiere, I also noticed how sharp the writing was in this episode. There really was a lot established in this episode, and I think once we've seen the results and/or repurcussions of some the characters actions, it'll be easier to appreciate the story as a whole. The episode did feel a bit slow at times as a result of this long-term storytelling style.

Acting was uniformly excellent, with the notable stand-out for me being Jack Gleeson. Kid is killing it as Joffrey. I'll reserve judgement on Stannis and Davos until I've seen more of them, but I have to say I really like the more subdued mysterious nature of Carice Van Houten's Red Priestess. Since I read the second book, I'd hoped they would avoid making Melisandre too... Just too much, I guess. Less can definitely be more with this type of character, and tha was a wise decision on their part.

Some other random stuff that stuck out: Tyrion's look at Littlefinger after talking about his many "adventures", not knowing that Baelish had been the cause of them all; excellent CGI work on both the dragons and the direwolves; that brutal ending; the added scenes also all really worked for me, despite how "out of character" some felt the conversation Littlefinger had with Cersei.
Old 04-03-2012, 01:55 AM
They did a really good job with that episode, can't wait for the rest of the season, things are only going to get better.
Old 04-03-2012, 07:41 PM
Brilliant first episode imo.

Is it just me or do these hour long episodes feel more like 2 hours? I just love how much they can cram into these episodes, and yet they still don't feel rushed at all.

Stannis wasn't quite how I had pictured in my head. He was too young and too attractive.
Old 04-04-2012, 01:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jolanar View Post
Brilliant first episode imo.

Is it just me or do these hour long episodes feel more like 2 hours? I just love how much they can cram into these episodes, and yet they still don't feel rushed at all.

Stannis wasn't quite how I had pictured in my head. He was too young and too attractive.
That's what I thought, though once I saw his acting (which to me is what matters) he was a great choice.
Old 04-04-2012, 01:25 AM
The whole conversation at the table where Stannis is having his declaration for king composed was a brilliant bit of character development, I thought. "I didn't love him..."; "Whatever else he is, he's still a knight..." - just brilliant, concise character establishment. I loved Stephen Dillane in John Adams (he easily stole the show from Giamatti, who I highly respect at that), and can't wait to see more of what he does with the character.
Old 04-08-2012, 11:44 PM
Ep 11 - A
Ep 12 - D
Old 04-08-2012, 11:57 PM
"I'm not going to rape her. I'm going to fuck her!"
Old 04-09-2012, 12:11 AM

I enjoyed this episode even more than the season premiere, I think. I became a fan of the series before I read the books so maybe some of the 'changes' don't bother me as much as someone more close to the novels, but even so I think the writers (and actors, directors, etc.) are doing an admirable job streamlining this adaptation for television. Making Bronn the captain of the city watch is a no-brainer, compared to introducing an ultimately useless secondary character. And having Jon discover for himself what Craster is doing with the male babies is infinitely more enjoyable than having it explained by Mormont, and adds some necessary tension and conflict into the early parts of Jon's storyline for this season.

But enough about the books: as I said, I found this episode to be better than the opener. Enjoyed the humor in many of the scenes, and the production values and the cinematography have been top-notch. I'm certainly looking forward to watching all of the pieces fall into place as the stakes escalate throughout this season.
Old 04-09-2012, 01:22 AM
Yeah I enjoyed this more than the premiere though the premiere felt more carefully put together but I have no problems with either really. The premiere ep was great but by the nature of having to dive back into each of the split threads, it didn't really get to gain much momentum. This episode gets to spend a little more time with each storyline that it follows which allows for more dynamics and story to get through. Granted, it's also a very transitory episode that's not completely cohesive on its own but it was a lot of fun dropping in with Arya and Gendry, all the Tyrion scenes were absolute gold, as was the Theon-Balon-Yara stuff.

But I think we'll always follow this kind of style with each season since they follow the natural arcs of the books which build in a way that's much more in seeing things from the bird's eye/master perspective with the momentum gathering as it goes rather than trying to build in crazy stuff right from the beginning and make each episode completely stand by itself. I'm glad they have the patience to do this as I think it will really pay off when viewed all together as a single entity, but I hope the viewers have the patience as well to keep with it on TV.

To be honest, I don't remember a great deal of the details in A Clash of Kings which I'm happy for because it means I'm rediscovering the story as we go along. But it makes it fascinating and exciting to see just how the pieces will come together, as FailSafe said, to get to the climax of the season. That's part of what makes this so different from many other shows, it's seeing how small things that happen in each story, how the little decisions characters make can and do have small or big repercussions on the larger tapestry.

Last edited by JCPhoenix; 04-09-2012 at 01:27 AM..
Old 04-10-2012, 04:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FailSafe View Post
I enjoyed this episode even more than the season premiere, I think. I became a fan of the series before I read the books so maybe some of the 'changes' don't bother me as much as someone more close to the novels, but even so I think the writers (and actors, directors, etc.) are doing an admirable job streamlining this adaptation for television. Making Bronn the captain of the city watch is a no-brainer, compared to introducing an ultimately useless secondary character. And having Jon discover for himself what Craster is doing with the male babies is infinitely more enjoyable than having it explained by Mormont, and adds some necessary tension and conflict into the early parts of Jon's storyline for this season.

But enough about the books: as I said, I found this episode to be better than the opener. Enjoyed the humor in many of the scenes, and the production values and the cinematography have been top-notch. I'm certainly looking forward to watching all of the pieces fall into place as the stakes escalate throughout this season.
Well said.
Old 04-10-2012, 12:30 PM
"I'm not doubting your honor, I'm denying its very existence."

Good news, Game of Thrones has officially been renewed. We knew this was going to happen, but it's good to hear nonetheless. It's also great that ratings have been so stellar.
Old 04-10-2012, 01:52 PM
So that means we will be getting
Spoiler:
the RW near or at the end of S3. If done right, it could damn well be the most powerful scene on TV in the last decade.
Old 04-10-2012, 03:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMazVolta View Post
So that means we will be getting
Spoiler:
the RW near or at the end of S3. If done right, it could damn well be the most powerful scene on TV in the last decade.
Spoiler:
RW?
Old 04-10-2012, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Soloist View Post
Spoiler:
RW?
If you haven't read the books, I'd highly recommend not clicking on this spoiler link(although I'll still keep it vague), but that stands for the...

Spoiler:
Red Wedding

I completely disagree that we'll see it at the end of the third season, though. More likely it will happen early in season four (as it should), because that's not the kind of cliffhanger that inspires feelings such as "Man, I can't freaking WAIT to see what happens next!" Besides, said event doesn't even happen in the third book until nearly three-fourths of the way through, and seeing as the
Spoiler:
Tully's, the Reed's, and Reek/Ramsay
will still need to be introduced in season three (obviously later than it occurred in the books, but a better choice than stuffing even more new characters in this season), it's simply too much material to cover to get to that point in the third season. And, like I said, it'd be a shitty fucking way to leave the non-book reading audience for an entire year.

Either way, pumped (though not surprised) about the renewal!
Old 04-11-2012, 02:02 AM
I still reckon the book will be split in to two seasons and the scene in question will happen some time in the second half of that (whether they call it Season 3: Part B or Season 4, I'm not sure.)