Go Back   Movie Fan Central Discussion Forums > Movie Talk! > Upcoming Movie Talk
MOVIE FAN CENTRAL FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-06-2011, 10:12 PM
RZA joined the cast. This excites me. This could be a good year for him with this and his directorial/starring debut.
Old 11-07-2011, 11:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobe8byrant View Post
I second FilmKing. Mysterious Skin, Brick, (500) Days of Summer, Inception - the kid's got range!
While I wasn't a fan of Brick and didn't see Mysterious Skin, the rest of the movies you mentioned are great. I'll throw in 50/50 - a great mix of drama and comedy, with JGL delivering a great performance in it.
Old 11-10-2011, 04:15 PM
Rumor that Jonah Hill could have joined the cast. That would have been cool. Too bad for scheduling conflicts. This is shaping up to be the largest ensemble cast Tarantino has ever directed. Cool.
Old 11-12-2011, 09:39 AM
Sasha Baron Cohen has also joined the cast.

Jesus FUCK, what is QT up to?
Old 01-27-2012, 08:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiert Spionam View Post
Jesus FUCK, what is QT up to?
Christmas Day can't come soon enough.

First set pic:

Word is that Waltz and Foxx were in this shot while "I Got a Name" by Jim Croce was blaring in the background.
Old 01-27-2012, 11:50 PM
Glad to see this film is making process. I honestly thought they were going to start production on it before January. Now that they've started we can start to see the good stuff like pics, and trailers, and whatnot
Old 01-28-2012, 08:55 AM

I just read the script to this and fucking loved it. At first I wasn't too excited about Foxx's casting after Will Smith jumped ship, but after reading the script I now think Foxx will be a better Django by far. I can't wait to see the actual movie.
Old 01-28-2012, 01:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourne101 View Post
Christmas Day can't come soon enough.
Aye.
Old 04-02-2012, 10:14 PM
First Set Photos of Christoph Waltz!

Source

Nice

I'd also like to reinforce the fuckin' crazy cast: Foxx, Waltz, Leonardo DiCaprio, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Kurt Russell, Samuel L., Kerry Washington, Sash Baron Cohen, Walton Goggins (news to me), RZA, MC Gainey (Tom from LOST, also news to me), Tom Savini and Don Johnson.

Last edited by Smiert Spionam; 04-02-2012 at 10:27 PM..
Old 04-03-2012, 04:58 PM
Badass. Thanks for the link Smiert!

And is JGL officially in this??
Old 04-03-2012, 05:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by echo_bravo View Post
And is JGL officially in this??
There was word a while ago that he might have to drop out due to scheduling issues, but I haven't heard anything since. They only have a couple of months left of shooting, so I would assume we would have heard by now if he had dropped out.
Old 04-03-2012, 06:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourne101 View Post
There was word a while ago that he might have to drop out due to scheduling issues, but I haven't heard anything since. They only have a couple of months left of shooting, so I would assume we would have heard by now if he had dropped out.
He's listed on the imdb page as "Jano."
Old 04-05-2012, 01:08 PM
Looks like JGL has dropped out so he can direct his little hipster romance movie.
http://insidemovies.ew.com/2012/04/0...ngo-unchained/
Old 04-05-2012, 02:29 PM
Quote:
I'd also like to reinforce the fuckin' crazy cast: Foxx, Waltz, Leonardo DiCaprio, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Kurt Russell, Samuel L., Kerry Washington, Sash Baron Cohen, Walton Goggins (news to me), RZA, MC Gainey (Tom from LOST, also news to me), Tom Savini and Don Johnson.
So take out JGL (whatever, who needs him) and add Anthony LaPaghlia (Mr. Without a Trace) whom you forgot to include and we still have one bitchin cast.

Probably the best cast of the any movie so far that's coming out this year?

GOD I hope Sam Jackson gets an Oscar nom for this. His character is AMAZING.

Last edited by DaMovieMan; 04-05-2012 at 02:32 PM..
Old 04-05-2012, 03:43 PM
Sucks that JGL won't be in it, but the character honestly isn't in the script for very long anyway.
Old 04-06-2012, 06:40 PM
A shame JGL dropped out, but understandable. While his inclusion in any movie makes it better, since his role was a small one, I'm not THAT bummed about it.
Old 04-11-2012, 11:06 PM

teaser poster and a site http://unchainedmovie.com/
Old 04-12-2012, 10:34 AM
Also, Walton Goggins (Justified) has joined the cast as one of Candie's cohorts.

He's got the look, that's for sure. I haven't seen Justified yet so I can't attest to his acting chops.
Old 04-12-2012, 11:28 AM

^^^
He's a damn good actor and funny too. Last film I saw him in was Predators.

"You know, man, if we ever make it home, I'm going to do so much fucking cocaine. I'm gonna rape so many fine bitches. I'll be like, "What time is it? After 5:00? Damn. Time to go rape me some fine bitches." You know what I'm saying? "
Old 04-12-2012, 11:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by echo_bravo View Post
^^^
He's a damn good actor and funny too. Last film I saw him in was Predators.

"You know, man, if we ever make it home, I'm going to do so much fucking cocaine. I'm gonna rape so many fine bitches. I'll be like, "What time is it? After 5:00? Damn. Time to go rape me some fine bitches." You know what I'm saying? "
Yep...5 o'clock....bitch rapin' time...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m8ajCgvpzwU
Old 04-15-2012, 05:13 PM
Pic of DiCaprio (rockin' a beard) and Foxx at a party. DiCaprio is going to kill it as Candie.

Old 04-15-2012, 06:09 PM
Definitely the most inspired piece of casting for this movie is Dicapricot as Candie. I feel like Stephen outshines Candie in the script I read, but with the re-writes and what not, I'm hoping QT gives Candie a bit more edge.

I gotta say though, seeing Leo in a role like this is probably more exciting than anything else about this project.
Old 04-15-2012, 06:33 PM
This movie looks like it's gonna be fantastic. I'm excited for this, can't wait. Love me a QT movie!
Old 04-15-2012, 07:17 PM
Wish I was at that party!
Old 04-16-2012, 12:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaMovieMan View Post
He's got the look, that's for sure. I haven't seen Justified yet so I can't attest to his acting chops.
He's fucking awesome on Justified! I had no idea he was even in this until yesterday. I was already excited about this movie, but knowing Goggins is in this makes me even more excited about this movie!
Old 04-16-2012, 12:50 AM
Wait, so Walton Goggins AND MC Gainey are in this movie? The Crowder father/son duo reunited?

I hope they have screen time together!
Old 04-16-2012, 01:03 AM
I love Tarantino movies because they just seem to sneak up on you every now and then, get nominated, and get either nothing or the end of the stick. Gotta love Hollywood for not recognizing true talent
Old 04-16-2012, 01:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jig Saw 123 View Post
I love Tarantino movies because they just seem to sneak up on you every now and then, get nominated, and get either nothing or the end of the stick. Gotta love Hollywood for not recognizing true talent
None of his movies really deserved to win anything since Pulp Fiction IMO. Well, I suppose I would have been fine with Tarantino getting a screenplay nomination and maybe even a win for Kill Bill vol. 2, and MAYBE the same for Jackie Brown. But otherwise, Tarantino hasn't deserved to win anything since Pulp Fiction IMO.

I"m not saying I didn't like the Kill Bill movies or Inglourous Basterds. Although I feel that Inglourious Basterds is severely overpraised. An enjoyable movie, but hardly a great one.
Old 04-16-2012, 11:00 PM
Some words from Sam L Jack about slavery in the film

http://collider.com/samuel-l-jackson...antino/159672/
Old 04-16-2012, 11:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaMovieMan View Post
Also, Walton Goggins (Justified) has joined the cast as one of Candie's cohorts.

This is AWESOME news. His work on The Shield still haunts me! This movie went from a curiosity to a must see for me with that plot synopsis and cast list. DAMN!
Old 04-17-2012, 12:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digifruitella View Post
Some words from Sam L Jack about slavery in the film

http://collider.com/samuel-l-jackson...antino/159672/
Loved how he ended that interview. Man I'm so excited to see this guy in a proper Tarantino role again.
Old 04-17-2012, 12:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovemovies View Post
None of his movies really deserved to win anything since Pulp Fiction IMO. Well, I suppose I would have been fine with Tarantino getting a screenplay nomination and maybe even a win for Kill Bill vol. 2, and MAYBE the same for Jackie Brown. But otherwise, Tarantino hasn't deserved to win anything since Pulp Fiction IMO.

I"m not saying I didn't like the Kill Bill movies or Inglourous Basterds. Although I feel that Inglourious Basterds is severely overpraised. An enjoyable movie, but hardly a great one.
I couldn't disagree more. Jackie Brown didn't deserve anything, sure, but Kill Bill and Inglorious Bastards should have gotten him something.
Old 04-17-2012, 12:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeChar4321 View Post
This is AWESOME news. His work on The Shield still haunts me! This movie went from a curiosity to a must see for me with that plot synopsis and cast list. DAMN!
If you like Walton Goggins and haven't seen Justified, puhleaasseee do yourself a favor and watch it.
Old 04-17-2012, 03:50 PM
I've been meaning to borrow/rent Justified for some time now...TV series are such a pain in the ass to catch up on. There's so many shows I wanna at least give an opportunity...
Old 04-17-2012, 03:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AspectRatio1986 View Post
I've been meaning to borrow/rent Justified for some time now...TV series are such a pain in the ass to catch up on. There's so many shows I wanna at least give an opportunity...
I know what you mean. Trying to watch a television series can sometimes be a chore. But trust me, man. When I started watching Justified, it totally stopped being a chore and became an utter pleasure! In fact, when I finished catching up on seasons 1 and 2, I became disappointed. Now I, like everyone else, had to wait for season 3, and I seriously didn't want to!

That happened with Breaking Bad too, though not to the extent of Justified. I love Justified more than Breaking Bad personally.
Old 04-17-2012, 04:06 PM
Yeah, I literally have a list of 12-15 shows I wanna try out sometime in the near future, Breaking Bad and Justified are both on there.
Old 04-18-2012, 01:50 PM
Yeah, Justified shot up on my to-watch list big time after hearing all the praise it's getting.
Old 04-26-2012, 09:39 AM
first official looks at the characters in their garb

Old 04-26-2012, 09:47 AM
LEO LOOKS LIKE A BOSS.
Old 04-26-2012, 11:13 AM
Jamie Foxx spoke about the relationship between Django and Dr. King Schultz and how Tarantino will tackle the subject of slavery - http://bit.ly/Iec4bf