Old 05-05-2011, 09:04 AM
My short film- The Cinema of Attraction

Hi everyone.

The Cinema of Attraction: James and Donna are two people who come together across the entire history of cinema, meeting in a silent film and continuing to redefine their relationship through talkies, technicolour and the dawn of the multiplex...
http://themadprophet.blip.tv/file/4920479/

I shot this short film for a local competition recently based around the same idea as the anthology film Chacun son cinema. I was one of the winners, and it got screened before a showing of The Big Lebowski at a local cinema, which was cool.

It was written, shot (on Flip camera) and completed within about a week, on a budget of about 3, and I'd like to hear your feedback, and any tips you can give for the next time I make a film.
Old 05-07-2011, 09:23 PM
Hey,

I thought I would start a conversation about your video. I was not really a fan. It was well shot for a flip camera but I was bored throughout the film. I had no reason to care about the characters you created. I think it would have been better if you didn't try to make those cheap jokes throughout it and just went along a more serious outlook of the video. And the inter titles you choose just added to the cheesiness of the entire piece. cheesiness isn't always a bad thing but I think it interfered with the entire tone of the video. Just trying to give constructive criticism. feel free to defend yourself or rip apart my work on the forum haha.
Old 05-09-2011, 05:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by regoldma View Post
Hey,

I thought I would start a conversation about your video. I was not really a fan. It was well shot for a flip camera but I was bored throughout the film. I had no reason to care about the characters you created. I think it would have been better if you didn't try to make those cheap jokes throughout it and just went along a more serious outlook of the video. And the inter titles you choose just added to the cheesiness of the entire piece. cheesiness isn't always a bad thing but I think it interfered with the entire tone of the video. Just trying to give constructive criticism. feel free to defend yourself or rip apart my work on the forum haha.
No revenge criticism required. I was out for honest feedback, so thanks very much.