Old 05-06-2011, 12:50 PM
The Official Non-Biased Religion Thread!

Christianity sucks.
Old 05-06-2011, 03:00 PM
Well, no one can say you aren't willing to listen to all sides.
Old 05-06-2011, 03:23 PM
Questions I reserve for religion:

Muhammad's first wife was a lovely older woman whom he adored and respected. Then after she died, he treated all of his future wives like garbage. Now, which Muhammad am I supposed to listen to when it comes to women's issues?

Is it possible that the fiery furnace that Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego were thrown into just didn't work very well? Not to belittle the technologies of nearly 3 thousand years ago, but I doubt that furnaces in those days were as hot as they are now.

If the bible is a really a work in progress, why is the final book entitled Revelations? I don't think they were looking for any more contributions with that title.
Old 05-06-2011, 03:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brando @$$ Fat View Post
Is it possible that the fiery furnace that Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego were thrown into just didn't work very well? Not to belittle the technologies of nearly 3 thousand years ago, but I doubt that furnaces in those days were as hot as they are now.
In fairness to the story, it does point out that the furnace was so hot that the guard throwing them into it died from the heat.
Old 05-06-2011, 05:38 PM
Old 05-06-2011, 09:39 PM
Well somtimes you do wonder what god is about

I know it can draw you in if you are not careful and the people can be very cunning

I remeber when my daughter and l went to this curcis which was just around the corner from where l live

We thought we would see animals and people doing there acts

But waht we got was these people talking about religion and at some point they wanted to take the children out of the tent
I wouldnt allow my daughter to go because l didnt know these people
We left after this

I am stunned with how some religous people try and get poeple involved
Mainly they target the elderly or ver lonely people
If you jion these typ of things you should be careful on how far you go into it
Old 05-06-2011, 09:45 PM
Bondgirl, I don't know who you are, but I've got to hand it to you. Your posts are almost performance art at this point. I admire your resolve.
Old 05-06-2011, 09:55 PM
Well l am only trying to show you and others different ways on how some of this beleivers in god will try and gather members for there church

Maybe some churches might be alright but l really think you have to be very careful in what you get involved in.

As soon as you are in it is very hard to get out of it

Plus there is alot of money giving which doesnt go to the people but to feed the person who is in charge
Old 05-06-2011, 10:11 PM
Not to be trite, but our foolishness in the face of ignorance is our foolishness in the face of the unknown. Meaning, however silly the inventions of faith- equally silly the inventions against faith. Meaning, the idiocy of religion is often the same idiocy against religion. Meaning, for all the purdy' beauty of faith and religion and all the wonders of modern knowledge and enlightenment, they both stoop to some pretty low lows when they get hotheaded enough to be close-minded enough to actually attack each other as poxes on humanity. Meaningless.

Okay that was pretty trite.

Err. Well look, I am a lover of movies and books and paintings and poems. I love art. A lot of my life is lived for fiction. I'm in a forum embracing fiction, and I'm a person who has a huge appreciation for lies and self-deception. I'm no more a part of a religion than I am part of a book. I think there's nothing wrong with a guy who wants to go out meditating a better answer to life in a cave. Go nuts. I salute you. If you're dying and you want to believe in something as powerful as art, go walnuts. I'm totally behind that. I do it all the time. Religion is art. That we misunderstood religion to be fact for so long really mired its power, I think. Something doesn't have to be tangibly real for it to be worthwhile. Fantasy is a huge part of my human experience.
Old 05-06-2011, 10:23 PM
Welll l have to agree it is up to the person if they want to jion a religion and l am not against people who do jion

it is just that some people go over board in what they beleive in and let it take over there lifes and they give so much of themselves plus there is the money side which helps you be more popular in the group

My daughter has quite a few people she knows who are very well involved there parents give away money materail things also

I just think this is not right you should not have to give money to beleive in something
They should be looking at the person who is coming to church

Okay l am not sure about this but l would also like to bring the subject of Islam

This is another religion where people beleive in god

But alot of things about this was put into a book 100's of years ago but the elders make up there own laws regarding this

I hope l am not going to far if so please tell me because this is another area which is very hard to cover without saying the wrong thing
Old 05-06-2011, 10:40 PM
Well, to be fair, and lot of things went into books one hundreds of years ago.
Old 05-06-2011, 10:53 PM
Well, a lot of things didn't. Toiletry, for example. Papyrus is rough on the rump.

Where's your science now
Old 05-06-2011, 10:54 PM
Old dear my mistake

Anyway anyone want to talk about the book of islam and its meanings or do you think this subject is not good to talk about
Old 05-07-2011, 08:53 AM
Energy can't be created or destroyed; hence, many questions are left unanswered. However, no religion provides the answer, yet they claim otherwise. This is false teaching. They promote infantile reasoning, "this is so, because God says so". Religion is guilty of manipulating, dumbing down, and incitement within society. All religion is dangerous in these regards. The one intelligent practical policy from Communists was to ban religion.
Old 05-07-2011, 10:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Block View Post
Energy can't be created or destroyed; hence, many questions are left unanswered.
What? Of course it can. We create and use up energy all the time. Nuclear power plants create energy. Burning gas in your car "destroys" energy. When a battery runs out, that energy never comes back.

Anyway, I guess the other religion thread wasn't good enough to post in again?
Old 05-07-2011, 11:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badbird View Post
What? Of course it can. We create and use up energy all the time. Nuclear power plants create energy. Burning gas in your car "destroys" energy. When a battery runs out, that energy never comes back.

Anyway, I guess the other religion thread wasn't good enough to post in again?
Those are examples of energy being transferred from one state to another.

This is just what i've been told by physics teachers. Maybe there are competing theories. My knowledge on this subject is foundation level, so I can't go into greater detail.
Old 05-07-2011, 03:53 PM

Dang ole, law of thermodynamics, man.
Old 05-07-2011, 07:42 PM
I believe in altruism and decency. If you need some man who got crucified to preach the benefits of that to you, you need to rethink your perogatives.
Old 05-08-2011, 04:17 PM
Hey, Jesus WAS the first zombie!

Hey-o!
Old 05-08-2011, 04:48 PM
All I know in regards to higher powers and what happens after this life is that I know nothing.
Old 05-08-2011, 07:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by A.J. Hakari View Post
All I know in regards to higher powers and what happens after this life is that I know nothing.
I do. You get cookies.
Old 05-08-2011, 08:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by A.J. Hakari View Post
The real question -- Is it safe?
Old 05-08-2011, 08:12 PM
Well if there ws a god in this world why doesnt he help people when they need it

Sometimes in my beleif is that when something happens or you cant cope with your self it is you who gets you out of it or someone professial helps you cope it is not god

it is okay to beleif in god but it is you that does things and when it doesnt go well it is you who does something about it

There is so many religions and they have different ways in how they get there memebers to beleif in them
Old 05-08-2011, 10:26 PM
I like to picture God as a lazy guy sitting on the couch while his kids rip apart the backyard and get into all sorts of wacky, bullshit kid stuff.

But God's got a fridge full of beer, and there's a Stallone movie marathon on TMN (all the Rocky's and Rambo's and Tango and fucking Cash, in HD!) so he's cool, you know? Why worry about the kids. They shall sort themselves out or kill each other. Meanwhile...beer and Sly.

I like that God way better than the Santa Claus looking cat who chills on a cloud. How do you relate to a guy who lives on a cloud? What do you talk about? How can anything be talked about other than the fact that he lives on a cloud and you do not. That's just fucking bullshit. Fuck that!
Old 05-26-2011, 06:41 PM
Consult the expert.
Old 05-26-2011, 07:03 PM

Old 05-26-2011, 07:26 PM
The things l hate is when these pasors record and preach there beliefs on tv.

Some will sing while others will bring out certain bands to entertain people

But there is one religous show where they say about the end of the world and go into great detail

All l want to know is if there was a god out there shouldnt he help us when we most need him

I mean when things are going wrong in our lifes or if we lose someone specail who is very close to us
Why would god take away a person who would benifit in so many different ways
Old 05-26-2011, 07:31 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GfAgl...layer_embedded
Old 05-26-2011, 07:34 PM
Grins

Geez there was abit of nice dancing and singing here on this clip
One thing is that it can draw you in very easily with a upbeat song.

There is a christain group in australia called Hillsong they have quite a few members who have made de big in the music world

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=th4ml2hNbUU
One is Guy Sebastion.

Last edited by Bondgirl; 05-26-2011 at 07:40 PM..
Old 05-29-2011, 02:22 PM
I believe in religion, but not God. I believe religion can be a helpful tool, but also a sad excuse. I believe religion can be used for hope, but also fear. I stopped believing in Santa Claus and the Tooth Fairy when I was a kid; I stopped believing in God a few years ago . . . and it kind of surprises me that it took so long after I stopped believing in the first two considering the fantastical nature of all three.
Old 05-29-2011, 08:24 PM
Well it is nice to beleive in something if you go into it in the right way.
Alot of people do get caught up in religion and its means and there are people out there who brainwash people..

I also beleive religion can be a sad excuse because some people think there is no other turning point in there lifes
That is where people like this will see a person who is lonely and latch on to them
I know it is mean to say this
I also wonder why they ask for alot of money and always want beleivers to give over materail things like tvs cars to god
I know l saw a doco about how rich some of these pastors are and the houses they live and also they have very expensive cars all this comes from people who beleive in the church
Old 05-31-2011, 01:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by free View Post

Ah yes, The Church of George Carlin. We often seek his wisdom when debunking the fallacy of listening to the words of dead people.
Old 06-01-2011, 06:47 AM
Religion Going Extinct In Nine Countries: http://reason.com/blog/2011/03/24/re...xtinct-in-nine