Old 05-30-2011, 08:18 PM
Did You Enjoy This Movie?

I am referring to The Rite. I really dug it overall. Granted, it is nothing ground breaking. But still an enjoyable film I thought.

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_hG3ktopqv8

It gets a 9/10 from me.
Old 05-30-2011, 08:26 PM
I liked the idea but the film completely fell apart. Anthony Hopkins does a nice job because he's well..Anthony Hopkins, I think it's in his contract he has to do a good job in all his films. I didn't really mind the film until it kept bring up it's Pro-Christian propaganda. There were a couple lines of dialogue that basically said "Anyone who doesn't believe in God is wrong" and as an Atheist, I was a little offended and a bit angry. Also, can there be an exorcism movie now a days where they don't talk to the devil? It just seems silly. It could've been good but it's a tad bit boring and a bit offensive. Although it was pretty funny when Hopkins bitch-slapped that kid. Classic.

5.5/10
Old 05-30-2011, 10:51 PM
7/10 from me. It's a solid well made and actually fairly gripping movie with excellent performances. Hopkins is fantastic, as he usually is. And the lead guy is quite good. His character arc is well played if predictable. The first half is better than the second, but even the second half is really damn good. Intense stuff.

It's also a classy and elegantly made film that isn't overly reliant on boo scares unlike most horror movies nowadays.
Old 05-31-2011, 03:25 PM
I think it was well made, but it lacked anything memorable which of cours limited it to be something average.