Old 05-31-2011, 11:34 AM
The Book of Mormon musical

Has anyone here seen it? I'm really hoping it tours and comes here because that's the only way I'll get to.

I'm on my umpteenth listen of the album.
Old 05-31-2011, 01:23 PM
I'm waiting for them to make a movie of it. I probably won't be able to see the stage production.
Old 05-31-2011, 08:25 PM
I have never heard of this musical in Australia.

Anyway sometimes Aus is always the last place to get things touring
Old 06-02-2011, 12:28 PM
I haven't listened to the album in almost 24 hours!

My favorite songs are: Turn It Off, All-American Prophet, and I Believe. Turn It Off reminds me of the song Let's Build a Snowman from Cannibal: The Musical.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elgyn View Post
I'm waiting for them to make a movie of it. I probably won't be able to see the stage production.
I would watch that movie. It's not touring until December 2012.

Last edited by Tweek; 06-02-2011 at 12:39 PM.. Reason: Stupid typing.
Old 06-02-2011, 12:38 PM
The album is definitely great. Would love it if Trey Parker turned it into a movie.
Old 06-02-2011, 02:01 PM
Clips and interviews

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=heNsd...&feature=share

Old 06-13-2011, 03:10 PM
Performance of "I Believe" at the Tonys.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tggtP...layer_embedded

I'm going to go watch this, like 15 more times.
Old 06-13-2011, 03:53 PM
I was going to post a new thread, but i figure i'll just ask it here:

Is there ANY possible way to see Broadway plays without going to New York?!

I live in Los Angeles, so going to NY for a play is pretty much out of the question.. but I really want to see Book of Mormon, How To Succeed in Business Without Really Trying and Catch me If You Can

I wish HBO would produce specials for all of Broadways plays, like they have done with the Pee Wee Herman show and others... but like you all, im dying to see Book of Mormon... i would love to see a movie version, but that would not replicate seeing the actual play
Old 06-13-2011, 03:55 PM
Short of the shows touring or a special/dvd thing, nope...

As far as I know, anyway.
Old 06-14-2011, 03:04 PM
Yeah, from what I've heard/seen of this play, it's great. I'm going to New York on a bus trip this summer around mid-July, but from the sounds of it there's no way I'd be able to afford tickets in the next few years!

I'm still very happy for Matt and Trey, though. I loved that interview, Tweek.
Old 06-14-2011, 04:03 PM
I think it's pretty good, but as a musical, it's got nothing on South Park. I'd say most of Cannibal the Musical and even Team America had better songs as well.

I think it mimics Broadway shows a little too well and ends up sounding kinda flat and generic to me. I'm not saying it's bad; it's probably great to see live with an audience. I'm just not overly impressed with the songs in general. Honestly, I think "Turn it off" is probably the worst song on the soundtrack.
Old 06-20-2011, 11:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badbird View Post
I think it's pretty good, but as a musical, it's got nothing on South Park. I'd say most of Cannibal the Musical and even Team America had better songs as well.
I need to re-watch Team America. I'm a bad Matt and Trey fan. :/

South Park is at the top of my list. I'm not sure which one I'd place at second. I do love Cannibal!: The Musical.

Quote:
I think it mimics Broadway shows a little too well and ends up sounding kinda flat and generic to me. I'm not saying it's bad; it's probably great to see live with an audience.
I can see what you mean. I'm sure it is much better live, if that Tony awards clip is any indication.

Quote:
I'm just not overly impressed with the songs in general. Honestly, I think "Turn it off" is probably the worst song on the soundtrack.
I liked "Turn It Off" mostly because it mocks something I hate. Right now, I think I like "I Believe" or "Spooky Mormon Hell Dream" best.
Old 12-01-2011, 06:10 AM
This is such an amazing show!! So fresh and new and really amazing songs. Excited that it is going to be made into a film. Also it is coming to London! http://www.thebookofmormonmusical.co.uk
Old 12-01-2011, 04:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elgyn View Post
I'm waiting for them to make a movie of it.
Don't hold your breath; Trey Parker and Matt Stone told Entertainment Weekly they won't do a movie until it's done touring. And they knew it would take a while to get done with that.
Old 12-01-2011, 11:40 PM
I heard Matt and Trey in an interview where they said that the show will tour starting in Denver...I'll be there for sure. Im not sure if itll make its way out to Seattle, but seeing as Seattle is a cultural hub for our country, I cant imagine you guys wouldn't be getting a show.
Old 12-01-2011, 11:57 PM
I finally watched the "Broadway Bro Down" episode of South Park last weekend and...ha. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cIvtCjynTr4

A movie would be great. I've hoped they'd make another live-action movie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fixedMind View Post
I heard Matt and Trey in an interview where they said that the show will tour starting in Denver...I'll be there for sure. Im not sure if itll make its way out to Seattle, but seeing as Seattle is a cultural hub for our country, I cant imagine you guys wouldn't be getting a show.
Oh yeah. They have some Broadway tryouts here (for example, Catch Me If You Can and from several years ago Young Frankenstein)[/I] and other shows have come here so I'm more optimistic about it.
Old 07-19-2012, 01:40 PM
Book of Mormon Play Pictures

Hey, just thought y'all might be interested in these pictures from the Book of Mormon Cabaret that happened just the other day in NYC with some of the major cast members. Since it's hard enough for any of us to get tickets, maybe some of these pictures can hold us over?

http://www.pblcty.com/photo/4776/
Old 03-10-2014, 10:43 PM

finally was able to see this. Was in LA this past weekend to visit some friends and saw it in Hollywood with them. Sold out show and the crowd was really into it. My favorite song performed was "Man Up". We all loved it and I gotta praise the actors cause they didn't miss a beat in any of their songs/performances.

Highly recommend it for anyone looking for a good laugh.