Old 06-06-2011, 10:26 PM
Mountain Dew Pitch Black

Taken from Random Reviews.

Pitch Black might be the most popular flavor under Mountain Dew's bumbershoot of multi-hued sodas. They seem determined to give consumers as many choices as possible. A new flavor is launched on a regular basis, but most of their libations fail to boost sales. Pitch Black was initially introduced in 2004. It was received well, but it disappeared as soon it began to pick up steam. Fast forward to 2011. Mountain Dew decides to bring back some of their discontinued flavors, and naturally, Pitch Black is one of the first brews to be rolled out. It's back by popular DEWmand. Get it???

I had never tasted this stuff before it rose from its purple, syrupy grave. All of my friends love it. The can design is badass. Could this be my new favorite drink? It has the makings of a product that I could potentially become addicted to. I could easily abuse my addiction. I could see myself lying and stealing to get my hands on a can of this savory sorghum. I could even see Pitch Black dethroning the almighty Vanilla Coke as the soda of the gods. Jesus, I couldn't wait to pour a glass of what was sure to be my latest obsession.

I did just that as soon as I got home from the grocery store. And...I fucking hate it. Wow. ARE YOU KIDDING ME, AMERICA? This is the shit that the public was clamoring for? Are my friends drinking the same Pitch Black that I'm drinking? What the fuck? At first, it's passable. But the aftertaste...goddamn, the aftertaste. Mountain (I'm sorry, I meant to type "MTN") Dew Pitch Black tastes like a mixture of Welch's grape soda, regular Mountain Dew, vodka and Dimetapp. It's more bitter than I was when I was shot down by a cute blonde at a dance in the fifth grade (seriously, fuck that whore).

Do you want to know the worst thing about Pitch Black? I'm stuck with eleven cans of this cock poison! Honestly, I don't like any of the Mountain Dew flavors with the partial exception of Code Red. Mountain Dew Throwback was decent, but it didn't hold a candle to Pepsi Throwback. At any rate, I am not impressed by Pitch Black. I'd rather watch the Vin Diesel film, and that's saying something. Good heavens.
Old 06-06-2011, 10:30 PM
Sounds like a perverted cross between Brokeback Mountain and Vin Diesel's sci-fi flick of the same name.

Old 06-06-2011, 10:57 PM
pitch black is gross

bring live wire mountain dew back
Old 06-07-2011, 12:19 AM
Live Wire is still being sold in my area, thankfully so. I've always enjoyed Pitch Black, personally. Much more than the variety of new flavors they've been releasing. I think "MTN" Dew needs to learn that sometimes, just sometimes it's best to leave well enough alone...at least for a full year before reinstating the Dewmocracy.
Old 06-07-2011, 02:03 AM
Throwback is the best thing they did, and they screwed that up with the second wave release. I think they added orange juice or took it out, or something. Whatever. It was ruined.
Old 06-07-2011, 08:51 AM
Original Pitch Black is disgusting. It didn't get good until Pitch Black 2. Now THAT was the shit.
Old 06-07-2011, 08:55 AM
I'm so glad i live in a country (or at least the area of a country) where this crap just simply does not exist.

Out side of the usually flavor mixtures like cherry or what ever we here in Canada seem to get spared of this Pitch Black, Live Wire or Throwback nonsense and i bet we're better off for it.

Personally all i ever really drink in terms of pop is just regular Sprite. I used to drink Coke but drank too much a few years back and now it feels like i'm swallowing battery acid any time i drink it.
Old 06-07-2011, 11:56 AM
Mountain Dew Wiki page

wow..........

There are far too many different flavors of this horrid drink in the world. In southern Ontario, Canada, we've had the basic diets and such but as for flavors i've only ever seen Code Red and MDX and had never even heard of all these other ones until today.

I recall the commercial for MDX was cool, had the song All Night Long playing over cute nocturnal jungle creature grooving along.
Old 06-07-2011, 04:04 PM
I really wish that Dr. Pepper would bring Red Fusion back, that stuff was great. They have Dr. Pepper Cherry, it just isn't the same.
Old 06-08-2011, 01:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vesaker View Post
I'Throwback nonsense and i bet we're better off for it.

Throwback is made with sugar instead of high fructose corn syrup.
Old 06-08-2011, 02:40 AM
Surge... now THERE was a quality beverage!
Old 06-08-2011, 03:22 AM
Firstly, Count...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-DgFWOvgL90

Secondly, I've been dying for Pitch Black to come back, and it's as delicious as I remember. Tastes like 2004, and I greatly prefer it to the Whiteout that beat my precious Distortion in the last Dewmocracy competition.

Thirdly, I will die a happy man if Pepsi brings back Holiday Spice this Christmas.

Hell. Yes.
Old 06-08-2011, 09:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Postmaster General View Post
Throwback is the best thing they did, and they screwed that up with the second wave release. I think they added orange juice or took it out, or something. Whatever. It was ruined.
I musthave gotten the second wave, cuz that Throwback TASTES LIKE SHIT. I cant past a 2 sips and it actually makes me have feelings of sadness.

Finally tried Pitch Black a fe weeks ago...everyone saying how hard it is to find, I spotted half a dozen bottles at Walgreens. EEWWWWWWWW...fucking gross..this is whats raved about?

Mtn dew aftertaste coupled with a lite grape flavor reminiscent of a childrens flavored cough syrup but thinner...BLECHHHHHHHHH

Seriously people...drink Mtn Dew by itself and drink a good brand Grape Soda by itself.Some things just dont mix....

It hurst me to see all these stuid ass concoctions but Coke dropped Coke w/Lime....dont care that the diet version has it as diet soda SUCKS SOUR ASS.

Coke w/lime was AWESOME and WAYYYY better than Coke w/Vanilla. It also mixed so damn good with Jack Daniels!
Old 06-08-2011, 02:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flickman View Post
Coke w/lime was AWESOME and WAYYYY better than Coke w/Vanilla.
Hold your tongue, soldier. Vanilla Coke is heavenly.

Actually, I think it's cool how different our tastebuds can be from one another. I'll never understand the attraction to Pitch Black, though.

Has anyone had Supernova? I was tempted to try it, but buying another 12-pack of a strange Mountain Dew flavor is far too risky.
Old 06-08-2011, 02:36 PM
Oh, and Adam...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y40GuHrLYi4
Old 06-08-2011, 02:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by countchocula View Post
Has anyone had Supernova? I was tempted to try it, but buying another 12-pack of a strange Mountain Dew flavor is far too risky.
I like Supernova. Then again, this is coming from a Pitch Black fan. And a Pitch Black Sequel fan. Like you said, everyone's tastebuds are different, but I'd recommend buying a little 16 ounce bottle and giving it a try!
Old 06-08-2011, 03:11 PM
I would if I could find one. I can't even find a 2-liter. I blame Hakari.
Old 06-08-2011, 03:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by countchocula View Post
I would if I could find one. I can't even find a 2-liter. I blame Hakari.
Dang! I can't go anywhere around my parts of the forest without seeing an entire shelf full!
Old 06-08-2011, 04:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisoGenie View Post
Dang! I can't go anywhere around my parts of the forest without seeing an entire shelf full!
I say buy them up then toss them on Ebay for horribly inflated prices!
Old 06-08-2011, 04:36 PM
I just don't see the love any of the Mountain Dew products get. Just a matter of taste, I guess.
Old 06-08-2011, 08:44 PM
I have no clue what this Mountain Dew stuff is, but...

Coke/Diet Coke with ANY form of citrus (preferably lime) is way better than that saccharine sweet Vanilla coke, oh my life that tastes like regurgitated ice cream.

Fucking yuck.
Old 06-08-2011, 09:11 PM
Fuck Mountain Dew of any kind. Mello Yello is where it's at... or at least it used to be before some dumbass took it off the market.

Last edited by Bourne101; 06-08-2011 at 09:14 PM..
Old 06-08-2011, 09:27 PM
Never tasted a drink like this

Hey God of War have you ever seen this drink in Australia l know l havent
Old 06-09-2011, 10:25 AM
Why does a person's extreme disdain leave me with the urge to buy a product. I must find out how bad this drink is.

Irn Bru > [insert any other type of soda]
Old 06-09-2011, 10:28 AM
Quote:
I say buy them up then toss them on Ebay for horribly inflated prices!
And then Count Chocula will by them all from me!
Old 06-09-2011, 11:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisoGenie View Post
And then Count Chocula will by them all from me!
Just make sure he gets stuck with the shipping costs
Old 06-09-2011, 12:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Block View Post
Why does a person's extreme disdain leave me with the urge to buy a product. I must find out how bad this drink is.

At Disney they have sodas of the world and from Italy they had Beverly soda. That one must be the inverse of Irn Bru.
Old 06-09-2011, 12:59 PM
Quote:
At Disney they have sodas of the world and from Italy they had Beverly soda. That one must be the inverse of Irn Bru.
I could never do something like trying pops from around the world. I'm such a picky person that i would probably only have to hear most of their names before writing them off. A lot of ppl say i don't know waht i'm missing but at the same time i think hat keeping my tastes in check keeps me from being disapointed at the chance of going without or a subpar product if it were something made on the spot like at a resturant.
Old 06-09-2011, 06:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Block View Post

YEEEEEEEAH BOI!

The general supermarket substitute "Iron Brew" is GUARANTEED to taste like old mans urine.
Old 06-09-2011, 06:33 PM
Speaking of urine......

Anybody ever try this stuff?
Old 06-09-2011, 10:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourne101 View Post
Fuck Mountain Dew of any kind. Mello Yello is where it's at... or at least it used to be before some dumbass took it off the market.
I see Mello Yello everywhere, even at Sonic, that stuff is still around.
Old 06-09-2011, 11:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cloneofkelso View Post
I live in Canada and haven't seen it around for years.
Old 06-10-2011, 12:39 AM
Does anybody know if Mr. Pibb is still around?

Remember Mr. Pibb?

Haven't seen it in a while.
Old 06-10-2011, 12:41 AM
I tried Electro Shock today, I could taste the badness for me in it.
Old 06-10-2011, 01:39 AM
Quote:
I could never do something like trying pops from around the world. I'm such a picky person that i would probably only have to hear most of their names before writing them off. A lot of ppl say i don't know waht i'm missing but at the same time i think hat keeping my tastes in check keeps me from being disapointed at the chance of going without or a subpar product if it were something made on the spot like at a resturant.
You lost me at the end, man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloneofkelso View Post
Seconded. I had some Mello Yello within the past month.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matchbox225 View Post
Does anybody know if Mr. Pibb is still around?

Remember Mr. Pibb?

Haven't seen it in a while.
They changed the name to Pibb Xtra. Same great taste, new stupid name.
Old 06-10-2011, 01:57 AM
Quote:
They changed the name to Pibb Xtra. Same great taste, new stupid name.
Thanks. I'll be checking for that.
Old 06-10-2011, 09:20 AM
Quote:
You lost me at the end, man.
I'm picky to the point that i'd rather always eat the things i know i already like then try new things and risk being disappointed. Srsly the amount of times something has been recomended to me as good only to put it in my mouth and have to fight off gagging and hurling makes me shy away from trying new things.

The most recent things was Thia Coccanut Soup, or at least i think my firend said it was Thia. That shit is disgusting and the 10 mintues of "oh come on just try it, it's good" will never change that fact scared for life man.... scared for life

Steak and potatos is where its at sucka!
Old 06-10-2011, 03:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matchbox225 View Post
Thanks. I'll be checking for that.
Pibb is an underrated beverage. It's just as good as Cheerwine or Dr. Pepper. I might have to make the next edition of The Soda Jerk all about the wonders of Pibb.
Old 06-11-2011, 01:45 AM
Today I was at the mall and the cookie place had Pibb Xtra.

Drinking it brought a little bit of happiness back in my life.
Old 06-11-2011, 02:09 AM
I just bought some Pitch Black...I like it.