Old 06-26-2011, 06:56 PM
Old Websites You Miss

A lot of us have been using the internet for a while. My family first got it in the mid 90's.

It got me thinking about old websites that are no longer available.

What are some of your favorites that you miss?
Old 06-26-2011, 06:58 PM
dvdspot for me
Old 06-26-2011, 07:20 PM
thisiswhyyourefat.com

that site kicked ass!
then one day...poof...gone. =(
Old 06-26-2011, 07:24 PM
Geocities.

And I miss the old Joblo before it became littered with ads every 5 centimeters.
Old 06-26-2011, 07:35 PM
I miss the old Youtube before it got bought out by Google.
Old 06-26-2011, 07:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by athf1980 View Post
dvdspot for me
Exactly what I was going to say.
Old 06-26-2011, 08:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoGoYubari View Post
thisiswhyyourefat.com

that site kicked ass!
then one day...poof...gone. =(
Wow, I didn't know that site was gone
Old 06-26-2011, 08:11 PM
Well before l joined this forum l used to be on another one

It was called Cinemablend and it had so much going for it and the volume of different areas not just about movies was so interesting
I met quite a few people there good and bad
I was there for over two yrs which was remarkable but the only problem there was that the place was so close nit and if you were not one of the clan you were excluded
But here it is good because people are welcome and it makes it inviting to stay and post
Cinemablend decided to close its doors earlier this year because members were not posting

Last edited by Bondgirl; 06-26-2011 at 08:22 PM..
Old 06-27-2011, 09:30 AM
Waaaaay back there was a website called Scream-Team.com where users could sign up and give mini-reviews of horror movies. It was really cool because it wasn't about long, drawn-out essays, but just folks getting in their two cents. It was by horror fans, for horror fans, then it just disappeared. Too bad.
Old 06-27-2011, 10:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jolanar View Post
And I miss the old Joblo before it became littered with ads every 5 centimeters.
I agree with this. Not for the ads, but because back during my "lurking" days, there were a lot of Schmoes who had once posted frequently that seemed pretty cool, but alas, are here no more. It's my own fault for not having posted earlier, though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by creekin111 View Post
I miss the old Youtube before it got bought out by Google.
^^This. I also used to go to an old Horror Review site called The Flesh Farm when I was maybe 12. There wasn't much to do but read reviews this dude called "JP Butcher" wrote up, but I remember having a lot of fun reading his 2 cents. Then one day, it just stopped getting updated.
Old 06-27-2011, 12:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by athf1980 View Post
dvdspot for me

same
Old 06-27-2011, 03:19 PM
There used to be a site called www.peterboroughsucks.com.

It was a site based off my home town of Peterborough and essentially how its a town of drunks cause there is little else to do at night be party or goto a bar.

So essentailly this site was submitted stories and pics of ppl who had gotten way to drunk and ended up doing something that was pic worthy i guesss. There were pics of ppl passed out on park benches (one was of a chick who had nothing but panties on!) or shots of how dishevelled ppl can get at parties when they truely stop caring.

Was a funny site for a while but it got taken down a couple of years ago now, i think. Not surprising though as any time i ever found myself back on that site there were always old pics that suddenly had the ppls faces blurred, lol.
Old 06-27-2011, 06:56 PM
The old Arrow in the Head. No staff. No news (that I can get from five other sites). Just a couple of reviews every week written by Mr. Fallon. And he didn't limit himself to new releases.
Old 06-29-2011, 07:28 PM
Just revisited AITH. I must retract one of my complaints. It seems that he has gone back to reviewing older films. I loved the review of Night of the Lepus. That's my kind of flick!
Old 06-29-2011, 08:54 PM
the old aol you have mail versions.
I missed meeting strange women to try to have sex with. hmmm memories
Old 06-30-2011, 03:26 AM
splicedonline.com

Scott Renshaw was an internet critic I always use to enjoy reading. Don't know what happened to him.
Old 06-30-2011, 05:22 PM
joblo circa 2006-7 ish