Old 06-22-2011, 08:45 PM
I feel so sad today

I know l write alot of things that are not good to look at but l had to write this so l can move on

Well l was on facebook and of cause everyone would know that l split up with my ex a while back but l still have those feeling there
it was so sad that l had to veiw his photo on facebook it nearly made me cry

it was of his new girlfreind and himself
I know l have moved on but why does it still hurt to see a simple photo
I know he is happy and l except that but it is so hard

I have blocked him from everywhere but l still spot him somewhere which is a pain in there arse and where again l have to get rid of him

Anyway l am sorry l have wasted this post but l needed somewhere to go

Have anyone here ever felt so sad even though you have moved on

How have you coped

Also l can not beleive this girl looks just like me which is staggering to look at which l which l had not seen

oh and l also l used to love to hide here on this forum so l didnt have to see anything of him

Why did l have to look at other areas
I should have stayed here because you know l feel safe here

I just feel so afraid l know l shouldnt but l do

Last edited by Bondgirl; 06-22-2011 at 08:50 PM..
Old 06-22-2011, 08:59 PM
you're obviously not over him if seeing his picture hurts so much..

I'm guessing it was a difficult break up? =(

btw, if you've blocked him everywhere..how did you see his picture?
Old 06-22-2011, 09:05 PM
This is the only thing I hate about facebook, for some reason it's kind of standard that romantic statuses are public. I don't want all of my contacts to know who I'm seeing or if I just got dumped. If somebody is close enough to me, they'll know who I'm dating. I guess I'm just a lot more private about that aspect of my life.
Old 06-22-2011, 09:14 PM
I ate some really spicy chicken wings at dinner earlier and now I feel bad too.

The world fucking sucks.

Quick edit: you said "sad" not "bad". Goddamn it.
Old 06-23-2011, 07:21 PM
Yes it was just a shock in seeing the two of them together.

I did block him everywhere and l thought l had not one thing of him left to look at
I was looking at some messages and geuss what l saw his photo in one message
I thought he had blocked me but it looks as though he didnt

It was a terrible breakup and he went behind my back with this person and he wouldnt tell me who she was
But when l seen the photo yesterday she looked just like me which was so upsettting
Why he picked a look alike is anyones quess

He is even on this message board as a member but l will not say who he is and sometimes l feel as though he is watching over me which is very strange
He even told me that he would do this because he wanted to know if l was all right and that he did love me even though he had moved on plus he really still cared for me
I wish he didnt say this too me it makes me hate him even more as l did when we broke up

I also agree that facebook is terrible for revealing relationship statuses because when you breakup you have to go through the heartbreak again by seeing these things
i only went back there because a couple of members from here wanted to add me which l was so happy about l thought l was able to cope but at this momment l am not sure if l want to continue being there

i wanted to surf the net but l am afraid of seeing things or being contacted by him which only happeded a couple of monthes ago

he was so cold and hateful to me so l blocked him but after this he was following me around here to everything l posted to or any created threads it felts as though l was being stalked by this person

He was there l knew he was there

I am just glad l have the members here to talk too and l will try and move on again from this bloke but for now l might just stick around here until l get the confidence to look around other places but it is so scary.
Old 06-23-2011, 07:31 PM
Ummm oddly enough I know exactly how Bondgirl feels. I had a recent ex as a "friend" on FB...because I thought we could still be friends....but it really sucked seeing her flirting and saying suggestive things to other guys. So I unfriended her and told her I couldn't be "friends" with her anymore. Honestly, cutting off ties with her was extremely painful, but it needed to be done. It sucks but you have to move on sometimes.
Old 06-23-2011, 07:44 PM
At least l dont feel alone after reading your post Elgyn.

Yes alot of girls will flirt and try to get the best of you and you try your best in trying to be freinds with them after breaking up too

But when you are very close it is hard to have that freindship which is really sad

I was moving on until l seen his photo l thought l was over him but l was not but after deleting and blocking him on facebook l will not have to see anything of him

I have to say too that l have a great freind in Elgyn who has been a freind to me over on facebook

Geez l dont know what l would have done if l didnt have a freind like you

Thankyou for being there for me
Old 06-24-2011, 01:49 AM
I just killed a chicken, and bartered for the jawbone of a Pygmy. After a brief brush up on Haitian chants, I may have enabled an event that will result in him no longer being able to masturbate without having his mind constantly bombarded with images of a late-era Anne Ramsey. You may, however, begin to experience crotch rash, so if you do, please get back to me as I will need to start looking for a white goat.
Old 06-24-2011, 02:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveyJoeG View Post
This is the only thing I hate about facebook, for some reason it's kind of standard that romantic statuses are public. I don't want all of my contacts to know who I'm seeing or if I just got dumped. If somebody is close enough to me, they'll know who I'm dating. I guess I'm just a lot more private about that aspect of my life.
You can make your relationship status private, even to your friends. You know that, right?

Of course, you don't even have to list your status at all.
Old 06-24-2011, 09:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovemovies View Post
You can make your relationship status private, even to your friends. You know that, right?

Of course, you don't even have to list your status at all.
Yes, I know. The problem isn't just yourself, but the girl in the equation. She may want a public relationship status, or start posting silly relationships quizzes on your wall that you have to delete. When you try to explain how much you value your privacy the girl just thinks you are ashamed of her and don't want people to know you're dating. It's a pain in the ass.
Old 06-24-2011, 10:28 AM
Quote:
Yes, I know. The problem isn't just yourself, but the girl in the equation. She may want a public relationship status, or start posting silly relationships quizzes on your wall that you have to delete. When you try to explain how much you value your privacy the girl just thinks you are ashamed of her and don't want people to know you're dating. It's a pain in the ass.
My suggestion is to date non retarded women.

After all, it's not official until it's Facebook official.
Old 06-24-2011, 11:27 AM
Sorry to be an asshole, but this is a movie discussion forum. Can we keep this sort of stuff in the REAL world. I mean Bondgirl, you think it's better spreading your guts to complete strangers rather than talking to someone you know about this stuff?

I wouldn't like to think that this forum is your first point of call for real life issues, that would be shit. Surely a friend that knows the situation would have better insight and advice than some guy on another continent sitting at his computer eating cheetos.
Old 06-24-2011, 11:40 AM
When Im feeling sad I usually head to youtube and watch videos of babies being scared and hurting themselves

Their cries bring tears of laughter to my eyes and their wailing is sweet music to my soul
Old 06-24-2011, 11:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
Sorry to be an asshole, but this is a movie discussion forum. Can we keep this sort of stuff in the REAL world. I mean Bondgirl, you think it's better spreading your guts to complete strangers rather than talking to someone you know about this stuff?

I wouldn't like to think that this forum is your first point of call for real life issues, that would be shit. Surely a friend that knows the situation would have better insight and advice than some guy on another continent sitting at his computer eating cheetos.
Dude, this is the Misc. NON-MOVIE TALK forum. If you just want movie discussions there is the rest of the message boards. This is, afterall, for NON MOVIE talk. Hence the term, non.
Old 06-24-2011, 11:53 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f9Fns...&feature=share

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flickman View Post
When Im feeling sad I usually head to youtube and watch videos of babies being scared and hurting themselves

Their cries bring tears of laughter to my eyes and their wailing is sweet music to my soul
Old 06-24-2011, 12:34 PM
Quote:
Can we keep this sort of stuff in the REAL world. I mean Bondgirl, you think it's better spreading your guts to complete strangers rather than talking to someone you know about this stuff?

Someone is bummed because of a bad break-up. That kind of emotion isn't so private and intense and revealing that it must be kept from forums. "This sort of stuff" is an odd bit of tiptoeing around a subject that's extremely human and relatable and perfect fodder for conversation. It can be fodder. It can be frivolous. I mean... I'm reading between the lines with your post, but if you think this topic is too intense to read about on joblo.com, I would suggest that's your problem. Not hers or ours. Insinuating something is wrong with her for talking about it in a public forum doesn't help you either imo.

And this is from someone who doesn't even think bondgirl is a real person!
Old 06-24-2011, 01:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoGoYubari View Post
This!...Oh THIS!..... My thirst for scared baby tears quenched...
Old 06-24-2011, 01:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovemovies View Post
Dude, this is the Misc. NON-MOVIE TALK forum. If you just want movie discussions there is the rest of the message boards. This is, afterall, for NON MOVIE talk. Hence the term, non.
I agree. I don't see what's wrong with what Bondgirl wrote. She didn't get into the specifics of the relationship or why they broke up. Many people go through this and sometimes hearing complete strangers say they go through the same stuff can be healing. My mom is somebody who will back this up. You can't always trust your friends and family with this kind of stuff.

Last edited by Matchbox225; 06-24-2011 at 01:59 PM..
Old 06-24-2011, 02:15 PM
This place has pretty strict rules involving thread topics, They are fair and justified. I've seen threads closed that had similiar topics to this one and also moderators reminding people not to make this place a facebook 'ripoff'.

I know that this thread isn't too personal, but still it opens the doors for others to bring up their private lives annd may inspire others to create threads with their personal problems. I know in the past that the misc forums got closed because things were getting too heavy and out of hand. Sorry fot not wanting to go down that road.
Old 06-24-2011, 02:42 PM
seeing as how this is the misc NON movie forum, I would think the rules would be a little more flexible, especially given the fact that it hasn't yet gone down the road to where rules have been broken..
and while you vote precautionary banning perhaps a job moderating would be better left up to a moderator.

I know a lot of people on this forum have gotten to know others beyond just movie discussion, and sometimes it helps to get the perspective of an outsider, when maybe you can't talk about such subjects with those close to you.

*shrug*

Quote:
This place has pretty strict rules involving thread topics, They are fair and justified. I've seen threads closed that had similiar topics to this one and also moderators reminding people not to make this place a facebook 'ripoff'.

I know that this thread isn't too personal, but still it opens the doors for others to bring up their private lives annd may inspire others to create threads with their personal problems. I know in the past that the misc forums got closed because things were getting too heavy and out of hand. Sorry fot not wanting to go down that road.
Old 06-24-2011, 02:49 PM
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elgyn View Post
Ummm oddly enough I know exactly how Bondgirl feels. I had a recent ex as a "friend" on FB...because I thought we could still be friends....but it really sucked seeing her flirting and saying suggestive things to other guys. So I unfriended her and told her I couldn't be "friends" with her anymore. Honestly, cutting off ties with her was extremely painful, but it needed to be done. It sucks but you have to move on sometimes.
Both of these. I'm not sure whether this subject is JoBlo appropriate, considering the comments made numerous times in the past, most recently in the Most Beautiful Thing in the World Thread, but I can feel your pain. Feel free to pm me about it or anything that'd help, Bondgirl. Websites like Facebook, Myspace, or really any social networking fad really put private information such as relationship statuses on the line. I won't go into personal detail, because that's something I've learned not to post online, but I can say that I feel ya.
Old 06-24-2011, 02:52 PM
I've actually never been on Facebook yet I loved The Social Network.
Old 06-24-2011, 03:27 PM
Quote:
while you vote precautionary banning perhaps a job moderating would be better left up to a moderator.
Did I vote banning? I must have missed the part of my posts when I screamed for Bondgirl to be banned from the site.

I don't particularely have a big problem with this topic, it doesn't affect my enjoyment of the forums one bit. I'm just pointing out that there has been a history of things getting out of control in the past, and this thread could possibly open up a portal for people to 'wallow' in their personal problems. Someone mentioned the 'most beautiful things in the world' thread as one with questionable subjects coming into play, so much that it actually got a warning post from a moderator.

I can appreciate that people want to discuss different things in the MISC section, but I'm against anything that could lead to this section being taken away again.
Old 06-24-2011, 03:28 PM
I went through something similar last year. I had had a gf for a couple years and it eventually became long distance and it didn't work out.

One day for some reason i decide to look her up on FB and see that her profile pic was a pic of her and her new bf. This, for what ever reason, devisated me for about a day.

I think it was this idea that i thought she wouldn't have gotten over me, and i say that because of the kind of girl she was and not in an 'i'm so awesome' kind of way, and i guess seeing concrete proof that she had really got to me.

It didn't help that i had yet to find a new significant other as well. I had a bit of a back and forth with her mom via email before completely writing her off finally. I had a couple questions i wanted answered but it didn't pan out so i was like "fuck this chick!"
Old 06-24-2011, 04:28 PM
You know what? I like this thread.

It reminds me of the scene in "40 Year Old Virgin" where Paul Rudd is talking relationships with Steve Carrell.
"Of course it's horrible. It's suffering and it's pain and it's... You know, you lose weight and then you put back on weight, and then you, you know, you call them a bunch of times and you try and email, and then they move or they change their email, but that's just love."
Old 06-24-2011, 04:32 PM
If we can have a thread entitled "Pubic Hair".....

As you were, people. As you were.

(Just keep it all in one thread. And if you don't want to discuss the things in this thread, don't come in. It's pretty simple, huh? )
Old 06-24-2011, 05:22 PM
Ah its definitely a kick to the balls/ovaries when your ex gets with a new person especially if you still care for them. I remember when I found out my long time ex gf got engaged (definitely a punch to the gut)

But Bondgirl, believe me time heals all wounds. It did for me.
Old 06-24-2011, 06:36 PM
One of the good things about leaving someone is, after you get over them, you realize they weren't really as "fantastic" as you thought they were, and you begin to see they're just another f'd up person like everyone else.

Just throwing that out there.
Old 06-24-2011, 06:58 PM
you basically wanted to stop the thread on the grounds of PRECAUTIONARY MEASURES because it MIGHT lead to someone breaking the rules...
....ummm.

and again...I think if it WERE something breaking the rules, or had potential to turn into something it shouldn't, I'm pretty sure the designated moderators are entirely capable of handling the situation.

you'll have more fun if you stop trying to control things, bro.

Quote:
Did I vote banning? I must have missed the part of my posts when I screamed for Bondgirl to be banned from the site.
Old 06-24-2011, 06:59 PM
I feel u BondGirl. I left Facebook due to a crazy ex, but when I wanted to get back on I felt that I couldn't bare to see all of the stuff going on in her new-found crazy, social life. It's hard to cope with these types of situations. Just like a wound the only real way to heal is time. Join clubs, spend as much time with friends as you can and don't be afraid to open up to them. You can only hide for so long. Face what hurts you and know that tomorrow brings promise.....okay I'm done with my cliche sayings.
Old 06-24-2011, 07:14 PM
bondgirl needs a booty call.. then she'll forget all about whats-his-face.
Old 06-24-2011, 07:19 PM
Quote:
bondgirl needs a booty call.. then she'll forget all about whats-his-face.
Agreed, the best thing to do is to fuck as many random guys as it takes to make your ex miserable.
Old 06-24-2011, 09:18 PM
Just to clear the air, Bondgirl is indeed a real person. She's not a "gag profile". Hard to believe, I know, but it's true!

GoGo are you and your hubby on FB?
Old 06-24-2011, 09:43 PM
Quote:
One of the good things about leaving someone is, after you get over them, you realize they weren't really as "fantastic" as you thought they were, and you begin to see they're just another f'd up person like everyone else.

Just throwing that out there.
I really like this reply

I have to agree that when you do leave someone you do see the dark horrble side you never thought was there..

It is the way a person comes across when they find someone more interesting than you

It is when you are with a person over a long time and they dont enjoy the things which were good at the start
You are considered something old in the end when you were someone new at the start of a relationship

Of cause what l wrote was personal and l am glad l did it

Because at that momment l was so sad to the exstent that l just wanted to talk
It is better to talk than keep it all bottled up

I have had some wonderful repys of support and that is what l look at than getting angry at others who are not in support in what l wrote

Oh to the person who said l was not a real person that makes me smile

That is all l can say on that comment
Elgyn you are a great freind not only here but on facebook
You were a big support to me yesterday
Old 06-24-2011, 09:48 PM
Quote:
Just to clear the air, Bondgirl is indeed a real person. She's not a "gag profile". Hard to believe, I know, but it's true!

Oh and thankyou again Elgyn
At least one member does know l am real

You are a very nice person to have supported me not only here at Joblo but also at facebook where you are considered a very good freind of mine
Old 06-24-2011, 10:13 PM
is it possible to exist without facebook? because I'm pretty certain I'd perish...
yes, we facebook. =)

Quote:
Old 06-24-2011, 10:20 PM
Well l think you can live without Facebook

Sometimes you can get some real werdos who contact you and then go off line

Last edited by Bondgirl; 06-27-2011 at 08:57 PM..