#1  
Old 06-30-2011, 04:56 PM
Casey Anthony Case?

has anyone else been following?

defense just rested today..

not much longer now!

any predictions on the jury's decision?
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 06-30-2011, 04:59 PM
I'm predicting a guilty verdict. The defense dropped the ball in a lot of areas.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 06-30-2011, 05:12 PM
It's like the Holloway thing that they kept shoving down our throat a few years ago.

"Attention! Well off white girl goes missing!"

The media loves to turn some of these cases into a really big thing.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 06-30-2011, 05:14 PM
It was a nightmarish case that's only going to be made to worse by the TV movie. I'm hoping they don't come back hung, but I'm expecting there to be appeals on this one because like Davey called the defense left a lot to be desired and I'm sure there's a smart lawyer who can find the grounds.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 06-30-2011, 05:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocknblues81 View Post
It's like the Holloway thing that they kept shoving down our throat a few years ago.

"Attention! Well off white girl goes missing!"

The media loves to turn some of these cases into a really big thing.

Weak comparison and lame attempt at showing your familiarity with the missing white girl phenom, because there's been no other case like this. It has nothing to do with the missing girl but the totally insane and dramatic testimony of the family and so forth, which is when it came into the public consciousness for the most part. If it were a family that wasn't white, I'm sure people would be scratching their head's all the same. It's like something out of Twin Peaks.

I mean, you do realize that the little girl was found over 3 years ago, right?
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 06-30-2011, 05:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Postmaster General View Post
Weak comparison and lame attempt at showing your familiarity with the missing white girl phenom, because there's been no other case like this. It has nothing to do with the missing girl but the totally insane and dramatic testimony of the family and so forth, which is when it came into the public consciousness for the most part. If it were a family that wasn't white, I'm sure people would be scratching their head's all the same. It's like something out of Twin Peaks.

I mean, you do realize that the little girl was found over 3 years ago, right?
Yes, I'm aware the girl was found over 3 years ago and I don't care. Mother's killing their children isn't some new event. It's sad, but people are fucked up. But why do they have to shove this shit down people's throat? Everyday it's something else about this Casey Anthony crap. It just gets old hearing about it on TV every single day.

Last edited by rocknblues81; 06-30-2011 at 05:49 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 06-30-2011, 05:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocknblues81 View Post
Yes, I'm aware the girl was found over 3 years ago and I don't care. Mother's killing their children isn't some new event. It's sad, but people are fucked up. But why do they have to shove this shit down people's throat? Everyday it's something else about this Casey Anthony crap.

I don't have that much of a problem avoiding it, and was surprised it hadn't made its rounds on the boards yet, then gave a harumph when seeing the topic.

I'm still not seeing where you are telling me this particular case isn't unusual. When you say it's about a mother killer her kid, I'm not even sure you are familiar with the case, which might be for the best because it's a disgusting series of events. It reads like a bad Lifetime movie script.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 06-30-2011, 06:08 PM
I was reading about this the other day...absolutely horrible, the coverage has been limited here in the UK so I'd be happy for people to hook me up with reputable links for and against her case.

The evidence in her favour seems exceptionally dubious at first glance.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 06-30-2011, 06:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Postmaster General View Post
I don't have that much of a problem avoiding it, and was surprised it hadn't made its rounds on the boards yet, then gave a harumph when seeing the topic.

I'm still not seeing where you are telling me this particular case isn't unusual. When you say it's about a mother killer her kid, I'm not even sure you are familiar with the case, which might be for the best because it's a disgusting series of events. It reads like a bad Lifetime movie script.
The news here in Georgia seems to go on and on about it. The coverage is unnecessary. Yeah, I've heard plenty about it, although I don't remember details... I'm never good at remember details.

The little girl went "missing" for month or something like that. The mother didn't report it. The whole thing about drowning in the pool... When the media starts running this stuff in the ground I just stop caring.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 06-30-2011, 06:30 PM
I think shes going to be acquitted of the murder charge..I would be absolutely SHOCKED if she was found guilty.. theres just no way...
theres no definitive evidence whether or not she did it, it has to be proven beyond a reasonable doubt that she committed murder, and not only committed murder, but intentionally did so... fact is, they DON'T have a cause or death, or crime scene, or a person to put at said crime scene..all they're going on is theory, and while that theory COULD be true, they can't give someone a life/death sentence on theory alone..

as for the other charges shes facing? definitely..
murder? no.

I just hope the jury doesnt come back hung.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 06-30-2011, 06:44 PM
Isn't there something about a diary entry?
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 06-30-2011, 07:08 PM
yep...

5 days after Caylee was last seen alive, Casey's diary entry read:
"EVERYDAY IS A BRAND NEW BEGINNING

CARPE DIEM –seize the day–

I have no regrets, just a bit worried. I just want for everything to work out okay.

I completely trust my own judgement & know that I made the right decision. I just hope that the end justifies the means.I just want to know what the future will hold for me. I guess I will soon see — This is the happiest that I have been in a very long time.I hope that my happiness will continue to grow — I’ve made new friends that I really like. I’ve surrounded myself with good people — I am finally happy. Let’s just hope that it doesn’t change."

but thats such a vague entry..
certainly not proof or admission of murder..
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadCoverVersion View Post
Isn't there something about a diary entry?
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 06-30-2011, 07:21 PM
The reason I'm asking about reputable news sources is because I read about the diary entry, and then it was 'apparently' claimed that it was an old diary from 02/03 by Casey...but further FBI investigations claim this particular diary never went on sale until at least a year later.

The whole thing seems supremely fishy.

I also read that Casey's computer was seized and the history dragged up searches on death and neck-breaking around the time the wee one went missing...not to mention a search on homemade chloroform, and traces of the substance were later detected in the trunk of her car and on some of her clothes.

I don't want to be reading utterly sensationalist shit if there is a reasonably sensible article surrounding this case.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 06-30-2011, 07:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocknblues81 View Post
The news here in Georgia seems to go on and on about it. The coverage is unnecessary. Yeah, I've heard plenty about it, although I don't remember details... I'm never good at remember details.

The little girl went "missing" for month or something like that. The mother didn't report it. The whole thing about drowning in the pool... When the media starts running this stuff in the ground I just stop caring.

See, I didn't hear about it until maybe a month ago, and the story is pretty thick in terms of just melodramatic speculation. It really is like a movie script, which makes it all the more fake. I can't "follow" it though because it's all just horrible and sick stuff, and like you said being played out by the media. I don't think it's a missing white girl syndrome though (may have been 3 years ago) because it's along the lines of an OJ case in terms of how bizarre everything is.

Seeing that you are probably referring more to how the case first came to public attention (I had no idea about it, or completely ignored it) I apologize for the "lame" and "weak" remarks. I have a better idea where you're coming from now. Sorry.




Quote:
Originally Posted by GoGoYubari View Post
I think shes going to be acquitted of the murder charge..I would be absolutely SHOCKED if she was found guilty.. theres just no way...
theres no definitive evidence whether or not she did it, it has to be proven beyond a reasonable doubt that she committed murder, and not only committed murder, but intentionally did so... fact is, they DON'T have a cause or death, or crime scene, or a person to put at said crime scene..all they're going on is theory, and while that theory COULD be true, they can't give someone a life/death sentence on theory alone..

as for the other charges shes facing? definitely..
murder? no.

I just hope the jury doesnt come back hung.
You know, a lot of it is speculation isn't it. I mean, in terms of how the girl was killed and so forth, does anyone actually know or is it all just theory?
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 06-30-2011, 07:36 PM
yep.. all they have is theories.. which is why I think Baez proposed the drowning theory? to put out there, "ANYTHING could have happened..and we really don't know" ya know?
I just dont see how they could give a life/death sentence on theory alone..

sadly, I dont think it'll ever come out what REALLY happened.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Postmaster General View Post
You know, a lot of it is speculation isn't it. I mean, in terms of how the girl was killed and so forth, does anyone actually know or is it all just theory?
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 06-30-2011, 07:47 PM
It could have been a satanic murder coverup. The family may have gotten paid a massive sum for helping bring a demonic demon into our world. Someone should check the Craig's List archive to see if any ads like that were running at the time.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 07-02-2011, 10:04 AM
The media has been covering it far more in the south where the murder took place(in Florida) than anywhere else in the country. That's why rocknblues is sick of it, they've been covering it nonstop in states close to Florida. It wasn't until the trial started that it got more play in the media nationwide.

A guilty verdict wouldn't shock me considering how the trial played out. The defense did not do a good job examining witnesses or proving reasonable doubt. The fact that Casey never went on the stand is telling. The accusations of sexual abuse and incest came out of left field and makes it seem like the defense is grasping at straws.

The absurdity that Postmaster is referencing has been the main appeal for news outlets. Even if Casey is acquitted, the Anthony family has completely fallen apart and will never be the same. "So glad I'm free, Dad, sorry for accusing you of molesting me!"

Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 07-02-2011, 11:39 AM
I'd hit it
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 07-02-2011, 08:49 PM
I agree, Davey..I think the defense proposing the drowning and molestation (with Casey being the only witness to both) and then her NOT taking the stand could be extremely detrimental!!
but I think they didn't put her on the stand because the prosecution would have ripped her to pieces..
and quite honestly, I was sorta looking forward to that..I've been watching this trial every day for damn near 2 months! give me something, damnit!! >_<

as far as her relationship with her family? I dunno..I think her family twisted some things intentionally to help her case..or at least an appeal.

but I don't see how she could ever resume normalcy in society IF she walked..
I mean..her face is known world wide as a baby killer.. she would never be able to leave the house again...
might as well stay behind bars...3 square meals...gay for the stay. meh.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 07-02-2011, 10:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveyJoeG View Post
The media has been covering it far more in the south where the murder took place(in Florida) than anywhere else in the country. That's why rocknblues is sick of it, they've been covering it nonstop in states close to Florida. It wasn't until the trial started that it got more play in the media nationwide.

A guilty verdict wouldn't shock me considering how the trial played out. The defense did not do a good job examining witnesses or proving reasonable doubt. The fact that Casey never went on the stand is telling. The accusations of sexual abuse and incest came out of left field and makes it seem like the defense is grasping at straws.

The absurdity that Postmaster is referencing has been the main appeal for news outlets. Even if Casey is acquitted, the Anthony family has completely fallen apart and will never be the same. "So glad I'm free, Dad, sorry for accusing you of molesting me!"

Yeah... It's not that I don't care that the little girl died, but mostly I was just venting... Like I'm prone to do.

But yeah, it's a real mess... And from what I've seen, the mother has often came across as detached.... It's amazing.
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 07-02-2011, 10:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocknblues81 View Post
Yeah... It's not that I don't care that the little girl died, but mostly I was just venting... Like I'm prone to do.

But yeah, it's a real mess... And from what I've seen, the mother has often came across as detached.... It's amazing.
You don't have to explain yourself, dude. I'd be sick of the case if I was assaulted with updates as often as you are down in GA. The whole thing is a circus, it's all very surreal. It was probably a mistake to televise the entire case, but it is what it is. We're just bystanders, all we can do is hope that Caylee Anthony gets her appropriate justice.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 07-03-2011, 08:08 PM
You think you guys have it bad with the coverage? Try living here in Orlando. I live 20 minutes from the Anthony's house. When court is in session, they show it live on EVERY local station. The coverage has been ridiculous for the past 3 years. I'm glad it's almost over.

Having said that, I wouldn't be surprised if the verdict went either way. While I think the elvish looking cunt is guilty as hell, they really haven't proven the how or why of it all. All I know is, if she's found innocent...she better RUN. Seriously, the hatred for her around here is very strong.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 07-04-2011, 10:35 PM
I was watching a news special last night and they were comenting on this case

The way the mum always wanted to go out really disturbed me but l know at some exstent if you are looking after a child alone it can be hard
But to do waht she may have done is just not good
it will be interesting to see what the out come of this case will be with all its twists and turns
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 07-05-2011, 01:28 PM
She was found not guilty of the murder, guilty of giving false information to authorities.

http://www.king5.com/news/national/C...125016779.html

Last edited by Tweek; 07-05-2011 at 01:32 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 07-05-2011, 01:49 PM
GoGo wins the thread!
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 07-05-2011, 01:58 PM
I can't believe she got away with it. I do not proclaim to have followed the case from beginning to end or that she killed her daughter, but I do believe that it was her fault that her little girl is dead. I believe Casey Anthony was a shitty mom who cared more about herself than her child.

If I were on the jury, I would have voted guilty, because she lied the whole time about many things. Why do people lie?

I hope she enjoys her new single life where she can go out and party without the bother of a child now.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 07-05-2011, 02:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunning Visions View Post
Having said that, I wouldn't be surprised if the verdict went either way. While I think the elvish looking cunt is guilty as hell, they really haven't proven the how or why of it all. All I know is, if she's found innocent...she better RUN. Seriously, the hatred for her around here is very strong.
So she might not get that job at Disney like she planned?

There are people in that area that have to know what Casey was doing during the month the kid was not around. Where were they to come forth?
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 07-05-2011, 02:14 PM
The DA should be fired.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 07-05-2011, 02:16 PM
So the State gives shitty circumstantial evidence as their argument and the jury can't say Casey Anthony is guilty beyond a reasonable doubt.

At least the system still works.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 07-05-2011, 04:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erroneous View Post
I can't believe she got away with it. I do not proclaim to have followed the case from beginning to end or that she killed her daughter, but I do believe that it was her fault that her little girl is dead. I believe Casey Anthony was a shitty mom who cared more about herself than her child.

If I were on the jury, I would have voted guilty, because she lied the whole time about many things. Why do people lie?

I hope she enjoys her new single life where she can go out and party without the bother of a child now.
This woman will never...NEVER...have a normal life anywhere she goes. She will be scorned and hated because the consensus in the media and in public is she got away with murder. She also dragged her entire family through the mud during the trial, so good luck going back home to the parents now. She might get a book deal, but she'll more than likely piss it away partying her ass off like the moron she has proven herself to be by partying her ass off after her daughter disappeared. And then what happens when the money's gone? She has no job skills to speak of. Even if she did, she's been convicted of lying and misleading police. Nobody will hire her. She has no future to speak of. She might as well sell Sham-Wows out of the back of a pickup truck.

The jury did exactly what was asked of them. The prosecution, on the other hand, didn't prove beyond a reasonable doubt that she had killed that child. Those of you pointing out that the prosecution failed are correct.
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old 07-05-2011, 04:35 PM
America...
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 07-05-2011, 04:57 PM
replies like this are just silly.. and obviously, as you've somewhat admitted, you have no idea what you're talking about..

they simply CAN NOT convict someone of 1ST DEGREE MURDER(and so on) unless it has been proven BEYOND A REASONABLE DOUBT that she committed said crime..NOTHING definitively tied her to that 'murder' and said THIS is what happened, and THIS is how Casey did it... --there was just too much doubt.
whether or not she actually did it... there just WASN'T enough evidence!! the jury did their job accordingly...

it WAS proven, however, that she lied and gave false information..to which she WAS found guilty of..on 4 counts.

you can't find someone guilty, though..on a gut feeling.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erroneous View Post
I can't believe she got away with it. I do not proclaim to have followed the case from beginning to end or that she killed her daughter, but I do believe that it was her fault that her little girl is dead. I believe Casey Anthony was a shitty mom who cared more about herself than her child.

If I were on the jury, I would have voted guilty, because she lied the whole time about many things. Why do people lie?

I hope she enjoys her new single life where she can go out and party without the bother of a child now.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 07-05-2011, 05:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoGoYubari View Post
you can't find someone guilty, though..on a gut feeling.
Well... except in the court of public opinion. Just ask anyone if OJ was guilty.

Hey, maybe she and OJ can combine forces and use their powers to find the real killers!
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 07-05-2011, 05:40 PM
Been following this since the beginning. She's guilty as sin, but the whole case was such a clusterfuck that it's not surprising she wasn't convicted.

But yeah, she won't be living a very pleasant life.
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 07-05-2011, 06:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeo4 View Post
This woman will never...NEVER...have a normal life anywhere she goes. She will be scorned and hated because the consensus in the media and in public is she got away with murder. She also dragged her entire family through the mud during the trial, so good luck going back home to the parents now. She might get a book deal, but she'll more than likely piss it away partying her ass off like the moron she has proven herself to be by partying her ass off after her daughter disappeared. And then what happens when the money's gone? She has no job skills to speak of. Even if she did, she's been convicted of lying and misleading police. Nobody will hire her. She has no future to speak of. She might as well sell Sham-Wows out of the back of a pickup truck.


Reality TV.
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 07-05-2011, 06:11 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GNGc9...&feature=share
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Postmaster General View Post
GoGo wins the thread!
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 07-05-2011, 06:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Postmaster General View Post
Reality TV.
*Facepalm*

Dammit.
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 07-05-2011, 06:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badbird View Post
Well... except in the court of public opinion. Just ask anyone if OJ was guilty.

Hey, maybe she and OJ can combine forces and use their powers to find the real killers!
This would make great MSNBC documentary series if it ever does air.



Quote:
Originally Posted by The Postmaster General View Post
Reality TV.

Last edited by John@$$; 07-05-2011 at 06:35 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 07-05-2011, 07:47 PM
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 07-05-2011, 07:54 PM
Winner of the day...

Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump