Old 08-20-2011, 11:24 PM
4th Pirates of the Caribbean is a reboot ?

Just finished watching Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides and i liked it.

The 2nd-3rd were a mess of trying too much / too hard imo ... not terrible movies but just not as fun as the 1st which didn't take himself too seriously.

After viewing the 4th installement , i was pleased since they toned down the CGI shit to a minimum and went back to a story about Jack Sparrow being one cool SOB.

According to box office revenues , not everyone agrees with me. So what did you schmoes think ? 4th movies is a stealth reboot or not ?

On Stranger Tides did leave a big open ended scenario .... PC left on island , that dude dragged by the mermaid , the black pearl in the bottle ( sorry for the generic terms , dont wanna spoil ) and it does look like a reboot.

So ..... failed 4th film in the series or good reboot ?
Old 08-20-2011, 11:32 PM
OK a few things.

Based on revenue? Holy fuck, so over a billion dollars worldwide with the second highest gross of the series is a "disappointment"? Perhaps DOMESTICALLY it's not as good, but I doubt anyone's complaining as their pockets are lined up with tons o' cash.

The other thing is this:

PLEASE FUCKING POST SPOILERS WITHIN THE SPOILERS TAG.

I haven't seen the fucking movie yet. Thanks for ruining some shit for me. Not.
Fuck.
Old 08-21-2011, 02:26 PM
I don't think it's quite a reboot. Sure, it's not really connected to the previous 3, but that doesn't make it a reboot. More like "the continuing adventures of . . . ".

SPOILERS FOR 3RD and 4TH POTC MOVIES:
Spoiler:
The 3rd movie does end with mentioning the Fountain of Youth, so there is a little connection there.