Old 08-29-2011, 12:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bantameant View Post
Okay, so I switched things up a bit. :/

I wasn't sure if I was ready to commit to the neck ink, so we decided we'd do a piece The Husband wanted to do a while ago instead:

It'll require 2 more sittings to finalize, and eventually I'll cover the piece below it (the rose one), but here's the start.
All that matters is that you and your people in your life like it. I would never date a woman who had tats like that. Gogo and Bond girl have (from what I have seen) girly tats. To me, tats on girls should be sexy or have some sort of deep meaning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bantameant View Post
If I wear a long sleeved shirt and jeans, the only tattoos you can see are on my fingers.

After this weekend, this won't be the case.

"Low class". Interesting. I find it more "low class" that anyone in 2011 is still this judgmental. Do I think you have to like it? Of course not. But calling it "low class" is pretty ignorant. I work in the public eye - I deal with clients for pretty major companies/corporations - I've never had a problem with my tattoos or my facial piercing (I have my labret done). I also tend to have a different hair colour monthly. Is that low class too?

I don't care what anyone else thinks of my ink - I don't have it to impress or affect others. Maybe stepping outside of your box and allowing others to express themselves without judging them and assuming they're "low class" or have "poor judgement" is an idea you should look at a little closer.

Just a thought.
You should not judge me either. What I said is not ignorant. It is the way of the world. The world is changing, but at this time in history the business world still looks down on tats in certain places or of certain things (Carolina football owner to new QB). If you show up to work with different bright colors of hair each month, I am pretty sure people are not going to think the best of you. I do love the judging speech though. If you want to express yourself in such a way, you should be open to that fact that not everyone is going to think highly of you.
Old 08-29-2011, 08:40 AM
I'm still utterly amazed that there are people here who think like this.

It makes me a little sad, quite truthfully.

I go out of my way to NOT judge others - especially on how they look. Maybe I'm just an oddity.
Old 08-29-2011, 09:40 AM
People can judge me all they want. It's not going to change anything.

Also, I find chicks with tattoos very attractive. Even before I started getting them. You'd be surprised how socially acceptable body art is these days, with getting jobs and a career.

Last edited by dennisv; 08-29-2011 at 09:58 AM..
Old 08-29-2011, 12:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dennisv View Post
People can judge me all they want. It's not going to change anything.

Also, I find chicks with tattoos very attractive. Even before I started getting them. You'd be surprised how socially acceptable body art is these days, with getting jobs and a career.
No job I've had in the past 5 years has so much as BLINKED at my tattoos. And I don't work retail/fast food/etc. I work in a business/office/corporate environment.

As far as people judging me...I've said it before, I'll say it again: Those who choose to judge me based on what they see are welcome to. The opinions of people like that matter not to me. If people are happy with removing themselves from the possibility of knowing some interesting, talented, wonderful person because they see tattoos....well, enjoy that, I guess. *shrugs*

I snickered at the "I'd never date a girl with a tattoo like that" comment. Anyone with that attitude would never be in a position to date a girl "with a tattoo like that" anyway. =)
Old 08-29-2011, 04:06 PM
I did that tattoo on Bantameant (my wife). I think it's nice and looks really awesome on her - the placement of the design is something that few tattooers get right, but this one was done really well. There's at least another 1 or 2 sittings left before it will be completed.

Let me say outright that I don't find anything hotter than a girl that has lots of tattoo work. Girls with tattoos are intelligent, beautiful people who (in my experience) put a LOT more thought and strategy into what tattoo art they want on them.... and where they want it.

you can date your plain girls that haven't yet found out who they really are, because when they do they'll be the girls sitting in my studio getting tattooed and not looking your way again because you have a single minded, 50s style view of how girls should look - and girls... tattooed or not don't like being kept in a box or stereotyped.

Just my opinion (the opinion of someone that tattoos WAY more girls than guys, by the way).
Old 08-29-2011, 04:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bondgirl View Post
It is not a silly statement to make regarding having tattoos all over a womans body..

Alot of women can have different opinions on things and you dont always have to agree with everything said

A woman with tatts all over there body can have a look of being rough and someone you wouldnt want to go near and if some celebs have tatts you dont see them to the degree where they are all over there face and body
If so they wouldnt be able to get different roles in different movies
Your comment was that women with tattoos "look manly". I then asked you how tattoos make me look manly. Your response isn't answering that question, it's telling me I don't have to agree with what you said. I'm asking you to elaborate on a statement *made by you* that I don't agree with - your response (above) isn't answering the question at all.

Being rough and someone you wouldn't want to go near. So you're saying that you buy into the old "Only sailors and bikers have tattoos" theory, even though that's practically prehistoric, am I correct? While we're at it, the only type of women that get tattoos are whores and sluts - let's not forget that old adage.

How did celebrities come into this discussion?

I'm literally shaking my head. I don't have to agree with everything, absolutely not. I don't think I have to, I never have. However, a discussion usually means that people with differing opinions explain their positions so the other person sees their point/where they're coming from. I'm not saying I don't understand/accept that there are people who think this way - I absolutely accept and understand those things. What I *don't* understand is how people can be so close-minded as to not look at situations from angles other than with a simple "Because" answer.
Old 08-29-2011, 04:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bourahioro View Post
I did that tattoo on Bantameant (my wife). I think it's nice and looks really awesome on her - the placement of the design is something that few tattooers get right, but this one was done really well. There's at least another 1 or 2 sittings left before it will be completed.

Let me say outright that I don't find anything hotter than a girl that has lots of tattoo work. Girls with tattoos are intelligent, beautiful people who (in my experience) put a LOT more thought and strategy into what tattoo art they want on them.... and where they want it.

you can date your plain girls that haven't yet found out who they really are, because when they do they'll be the girls sitting in my studio getting tattooed and not looking your way again because you have a single minded, 50s style view of how girls should look - and girls... tattooed or not don't like being kept in a box or stereotyped.

Just my opinion (the opinion of someone that tattoos WAY more girls than guys, by the way).
I don't like the implication that girls without tattoos are "plain." Does personality count for ANYTHING? Do I need a tattoo to be cool? I don't get what you're driving at.

There is nothing wrong with finding tattoos unattractive. It's just a preference. Yeah, some people are judgmental about it, but that's their problem. Personally, I find that tattoos can be hot if they're used sparingly. I feel the same way about piercings.
Old 08-29-2011, 04:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erroneous View Post
To me, tats on girls should be sexy or have some sort of deep meaning.
Sexy is relative.

And for the record, you didn't ask if the tattoo I showed had a meaning.
Old 08-29-2011, 04:46 PM
Yup.

Old 08-29-2011, 05:00 PM
Quote:
Yup.

Amen, brother. #10 especially.
Old 08-29-2011, 06:23 PM

I think this is really overkill. I would like to be able to see a woman's face and not have it covered with tattoos.
Old 08-29-2011, 08:23 PM
Quote:
I agree with you 100%.

Thats nice to know Erroneous
Thankyou

Yes there are guys out there who prefer a woman with no tattoos or just one or two which can look sexy
Old 08-29-2011, 09:09 PM
Here's another one. This is old, I've recently had some more work done around the shoulder and back of the arm which has awesome leaves and pixelations. On my tricep is a portrait of Grace Kelly where her hair also turns into waves. It's still in progress and on the 16th, I should get it all done and I'll show it all.

The beginning and fresh.. I wish tats look fresh all the time.

Last edited by dennisv; 08-29-2011 at 09:11 PM..
Old 08-29-2011, 09:37 PM
Quote:
Thankyou

Yes there are guys out there who prefer a woman with no tattoos or just one or two which can look sexy
I like gals with sexy girly tats like above the crack of her butt or ankle. Back her neck just below the hair is nice too and easy to hide. Maybe I like places to aim for. Opps. I did not mean that.
Old 08-29-2011, 10:30 PM
yeah, because tramp stamps are ultra classy!
Old 08-30-2011, 09:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cloneofkelso View Post
Hence the name "tramp stamp", I guess?
Old 08-30-2011, 09:10 AM
Quote:
The beginning and fresh.. I wish tats look fresh all the time.

Very nice!

I think a lot of it depends on what ink your artist uses. Mine all look really good, even after a few years. Also, if you tend to use lots of moisturizer, that helps.
Old 08-30-2011, 11:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cloneofkelso View Post
You don't marry and have kids with a tramp. You have fun with them and get away when they go all crazy.
Old 08-30-2011, 02:27 PM
and tattoos are low class??
Quote:
You don't marry and have kids with a tramp. You have fun with them and get away when they go all crazy.
Old 08-30-2011, 03:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by countchocula View Post
I don't like the implication that girls without tattoos are "plain." Does personality count for ANYTHING? Do I need a tattoo to be cool? I don't get what you're driving at.

There is nothing wrong with finding tattoos unattractive. It's just a preference. Yeah, some people are judgmental about it, but that's their problem. Personally, I find that tattoos can be hot if they're used sparingly. I feel the same way about piercings.
Old 08-30-2011, 04:17 PM
I have 3 tattoos. 2 small ones from my 20's and one, I'd say medium, I got in my 30s which is my favorite. Here's my fav:

Unless I wear a sleeveless shirt, you can't see it. One of the others is on my shoulder blade, again, can't see it. The other, well, we'd have to know each other really well.

I honestly find guys covered in tats pretty gross. Same with women too. I dont mind a few, like I have or on a guy more, but when it starts getting into arm sleeves, it just automatically turns me off. Piercings to me are also unattractive. I started dating a guy who had nipple piercings, it pretty much turned me off. I dumped him because of that.

Last edited by snoopmish; 08-30-2011 at 04:20 PM..
Old 08-30-2011, 08:34 PM
[QUOTE=Erroneous;3445163]I like gals with sexy girly tats like above the crack of her butt or ankle. Back her neck just below the hair is nice too and easy to hide. Maybe I like places to aim for. Opps. I did not mean that.[/QUOT

Oh l wouldnt want a man l dont know looking at my arse while being tattoed
But it is nice that you prefer women with tattoos which look femine.

Also l had a smile on my face as l read your comment. it is great that we can joke around while we are disgussing this thread
Yes a tattoo which is on the neck can be hidden away if you have long hair

Last edited by Bondgirl; 08-30-2011 at 08:36 PM..
Old 08-30-2011, 08:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoGoYubari View Post
and tattoos are low class??
Well sometimes having tatts all over your body can make you look lower class or even rough looking
That is why you stick to one or two so you dont look this way and if they are well hidden that is even better

If l was a employer l would pick a person who fits right into the job
I wouldnt give a high paying job to someone who is covered from top to toe in tatts.
Old 08-30-2011, 09:15 PM
me thinky you don't understand my reply.

Quote:
Well sometimes having tatts all over your body can make you look lower class or even rough looking
That is why you stick to one or two so you dont look this way and if they are well hidden that is even better

If l was a employer l would pick a person who fits right into the job
I wouldnt give a high paying job to someone who is covered from top to toe in tatts.
Old 08-31-2011, 10:04 AM
Quote:
We all understand you quite well :wink:
Old 08-31-2011, 02:13 PM
I don't have any tats. Not that I don't want any, its just I like to spend my money on other shit, and I can't come to a decision on something that I would want on my body for the rest of my life. However, this doesn't stop me from having an opinion and judging other people and their tattoos! There are some tattoos that people get that I always dislike. The first being when a girl gets a star tattoo. What I'm talking about is like one little dime sized black star somewhere on their body. Doesn't matter where it is, if you have a little star tattoo like that... what the fuck were you thinking?

Tribal tattoos on people who aren't tribal... do I really need to explain that one? And then when people get Asian symbols, or any other foreign language symbol on their body. I hope you really know someone who ACTUALLY knows what that says, because you might think your tat says "friendship" when it actually says "child rape!". Of course there can be exceptions to these tat peeves of mine, and if anyone reading this post has one of the tattoos that I'm complaining about, don't get offended. Remember, its just my opinion and why the fuck should you care? Some of my best friends have tattoos like I've described, and they don't care what I think, so neither should you .

Last edited by smok3h; 08-31-2011 at 02:17 PM..
Old 08-31-2011, 02:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by countchocula View Post

That.

I don't care if people have tattoos. It's his/her body, none of my business. I personally don't find them attractive. Doesn't mean the people who have them are bad people, because that's obviously not the case. I have friends with tattoos and we get along fine. But I'd never get one, and I'm not attracted to them.

Someone mentioned in a post that plain girls don't know who they are yet. I think that's ridiculous. There's nothing wrong with a girl who chooses to never get tattoos. It doesn't make them any less interesting than girls with tattoos.
Old 08-31-2011, 04:23 PM
I don't get the nautical star tattoo craze. Those things are everywhere now. They're the new "Chinese symbol" of the casual tattoo world.

I also don't like it when people just get a sentence or paragraph of text tattooed on them. Cool artwork can accentuate the body, but a wall of text? Not so much.
Old 08-31-2011, 04:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Kenshin View Post
Someone mentioned in a post that plain girls don't know who they are yet. I think that's ridiculous. There's nothing wrong with a girl who chooses to never get tattoos. It doesn't make them any less interesting than girls with tattoos.
I agree, I was pretty disgusted by that comment as well. Basically, it was bashing one standard for women by creating another one that's equally unfair. I know plenty of women who are far from "plain" who don't have any tattoos.

Plenty of people have tattoos. It's not like people in only one demographic get them. Professional athletes, tribesmen, prisoners, artists, college students, etc.
Old 08-31-2011, 08:45 PM
Quote:

Oh dear
Old 09-07-2011, 09:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bourahioro View Post

Edited to protect innocent.

Last edited by Erroneous; 09-09-2011 at 08:39 AM..
Old 09-08-2011, 06:40 AM
I used to think about getting my left forearm done, all around and fully covered. It was a case of not finding a tattooist I trusted. Then there's the money for the initial tat and touch ups, I think what else I could do with that. But every so often I think about it. I'd get a skeleton or three skulls on one side, and a memorial scroll on the inside (black ink, no color).
Old 09-18-2011, 12:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jolanar View Post
Better hope you can find someone else named Adam when you get a divorce.
Kinda what I was thinking boss.
Old 09-18-2011, 12:46 AM
Quote:
Thankyou

You two appear to agree and support each other on a regular basis, is there something going on, schmoe romance perhaps.

This will be my next addition

Last edited by hrdude; 09-18-2011 at 12:50 AM..
Old 09-18-2011, 08:57 PM
Erroneous and l are just very good freinds.
Old 10-16-2011, 05:09 PM
Simpsons fans will appreciate this. The gear, couple springs, the sparkling wire and some coloring was added. Just about 20-30 more minutes of work left to do. I had to rush to class with a bleeding leg wrapped with saran wrap.

Old 11-05-2011, 08:05 PM
I decided on the next tattoo I'll be getting!! ^_^
I'm hoping I can get it for christmas-ish =)
I'm thinking above my inner ankle..

no real meaning..
a just because kinda tattoo
I have an extreme zombie AND pinup girl fascination..so it perfecto!
Old 11-06-2011, 08:13 AM

It's going to be a graduation present courtesy of me.
Old 11-06-2011, 12:30 PM
I <3 Suicide Girls.
Old 11-08-2011, 07:13 PM
Just scheduled a date to start working on my entire chest.