Old 12-08-2012, 12:19 PM
Elementary

Anyone else besides me watching this show?
Old 12-11-2012, 03:36 PM
I like all thinks Sherlock Holmes (Downey, Cumberbatch, etc) so I really need to see this.

Oh and Lucy Liu is still freakin hot.
Old 12-11-2012, 09:12 PM
I was skeptical simply because there have been some great incarnations of Holmes lately. I really loved the first movie with Downey and Law (who both absolutely nailed the roles), and of course, the British version is as good as advertised. It's really among the best, if not THE best, show on TV right now.

But I'm really liking Elementary. My favorite thing is that they don't try to one-up what has already been done so brilliantly. I thought it was weird at first to make Watson a woman surgeon, as opposed to a male war doctor. But it makes it different, annd prevents us from comparing the character to the ones played so magnficently by Law and Freeman. It really works.

Even Sherlock himself isn't quite as quirky, but is much more flawed. He reminds me more of House than the other Shelock Holmes characters.

It's one of my favorite shows right now. Just a lot of fun every episode. Not groundbreaking or epic (like The Wire), not complicated (like Lost), but just a lot of fun. And there's nothing wrong with that.