Go Back   Movie Fan Central Discussion Forums > Movie Talk! > General Movie Talk
MOVIE FAN CENTRAL FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-08-2011, 05:48 PM
Anyone glad the new Apes movie conquered dead eyes?

I mean the Mocap was brilliant on Caesar and conquered the dead-eye syndrome on Mocap like WETA's Avatar did, the chimp had emotions and human-like feelings.

Now i can't wait for TinTin to do that next as Spielberg and Jackson are aware of Mocap deaed eyes in the Zemeckis animated movies and said they aren't gonna repeat those mistakes as the CGI/Mocaping is still unfinished as they promise to get rid of the dead eye problem. Afterall in the trailer to TinTin it showed the brothers with eye holes on the paper as they did moved and blinked which was a small tease including the acting which is lifelike instead of being like puppet acting.
Old 08-08-2011, 06:56 PM
I think everybody else is glad that WETA has set a new standard for special effects first with Avatar (lame movie, but WETAs work shone through) and now this.

They truly deserve an Oscar.
Old 08-08-2011, 07:54 PM
The work done on ROTPOTA was amazing. Sure, many of the scenes you could tell it was CGI, but some of the close ups, I was really blown away by the complexity of the apes. I didn't even think about the dead eye thing with earlier MOCAP, but after you mention it I can say that they did great job. (and lets not forget the eyes in Apes was a plot subject too)
Old 09-02-2011, 11:25 AM
Did anyone thought it didn't bridge the uncanny valley?