Old 05-08-2013, 12:05 AM
Scream Factory

Who thinks this and Synapse are the best company for cult, sci-fi, horror and thriller films on DVD and even better blu-ray?

I've been buying every one of their releases since Halloween 2 and 3 blu-rays hit stores and i'm satisfied with them. I bought also Phantasm 2, The Funhouse, Terror Train, Death Valley (1982), Prison (1988), The Island (1980), Deadly Blessing, Terrorvision/Video Dead double feature, From Beyond, The Nest, The Vampire Lovers and They Live.

Some of these got DVD and blu-ray releases at last after waiting for so long (IE Deadly Blessing, Prison, Terrorvision, Video Dead, Death Valley, Island etc.) and some improved on their bareboned US releases like Phantasm 2, Halloweens 2/3, They Live, Funhouse etc. for example. All have quality picture and sound with nice extras even though The Nest and The Island both have only one extra but that's ok, they earned critical acclaim from blu-ray critics and horror/sci-fi/thriller fans like myself.

I can't wait for Town That Dreaded Sundown, The Burning, Dead Souls, Lifeforce, The Howling, The Incredible Melting Man (I hope Shout also releases MST3K's version soon), The Fog, Day of the Dead, KnightRiders, Ninja III: The Dominion (Supernatural martial arts), Night of the Comet, Q The Winged Serpent, Swamp Thing, Dark Angel (1990), The Amityville Trilogy, The Vincent Price Collection (Contains Dr. Phibes in it as well), the All-Nighter 4-pack collection DVD (Contains The Vagrant, The Godsend 1980, The Outing aka The Lamp and Schizoid aka Lizard in a Woman's Skin the fulci film), X-Ray (aka Hospital Massacre)/Schizoid (1980) double feature, Scanners 2 and 3 double feature etc. and many more yet to be announced and to be surprised for fall and winter.

What movies from the genres of sci-fi, horror and thrillers do you want on blu-rays and DVDs? i want Cat People (1982), The Car (1977), Killdozer, Martin (1977), Rollerball (1975), Vampire's Kiss/Rockula double feature, The Rejuvinator/Island of Dr. Moreau (1977) double feature, Empire of the Ants/Food of the Gods double feature, Army of Darkness (with all 3 cuts), Darkman, Critters 1 & 2 with part 2 having the extended TV cut included, Prince of Darkness, House of Long Shadows, Celler Dweller/Ghost Town (1988) double feature, Freaked, Steel and Lace/Eve of Destruction double feature, Queen of Blood/Planet of Vampires double feature, Tales from The Hood, Tales from The Crypt/Vault of Horror (Uncut version), Creepshow, Tourist Trap, Vampire Hunter D, Vampire Hunter D Bloodlust, Felidae, Perfect Blue, Wicked City (1987), Firestarter, Fox/MGM/Universal owned Hammer stuff, Boy Who cried Werewolf, Squirm (i also want the MST3K released as well), To All A Good Night/Terror on Tour double feature, Sleepaway Camp, Sleepaway Camp 2 and 3 double feature, Psycho II/III/IV anthology etc.
Old 05-08-2013, 12:48 PM
I like them but I don't buy everything. For example I didn't buy Halloween 2 and 3 because I own a copy on dvd and I don't really like the movies.

As for a movie I would like them to put out on dvd or blu ray - Never Too Young to Die.

By the way I just saw a Synapse blu ray ad for Demons 1,2, Phnomena and Tenebre
Old 05-18-2013, 07:57 PM
What of their blu-rays do you own?

I own them all and i just got The Burning and Town That Dreaded Sundown and BY GOD they never looked or sounded fantastic than before.
Old 05-21-2013, 01:36 AM
Phantasm 2, Deadly Blessing, Terror Train, From Beyond(by far the best movie they have rights to), and they live. I might have one or two more.

Plan to get Town That Dreaded Sundown because I never have seen it.
Old 05-25-2013, 03:40 PM
Psycho II and Psycho III collector's edition blu-rays have been annouced! i can't wait man! even Prince of Darkness Collector's Edition and Body Bags will come this fall.

They will announce more stuff for this winter and for 2014 and beyond this July, i can't wait.

Who thinks these guys know how to make quality blu-rays to please fans of horror, sci-fi and thrillers?
Old 05-29-2013, 04:28 AM
Can't wait to own Night of the Comet, Psycho 2, I Come In Peace and more. Scream Factory is hitting it out of the park with their releases. They are what Anchor Bay was for a while before they changed their strategy, so here's hoping SF doesn't change!
Old 05-31-2013, 05:31 PM
Give Anchor bay some credit for doing excellent blu-rays to Evil Dead, Mother's Day and for bringing Battle Royale 1 & 2 to the US for the first time! quality blu-rays even I Spit on Your Grave.
Old 11-30-2013, 09:54 PM
02/04/2014 DVD Releases

Did some scanning on the net and found some new releases from are good friends at Shout/Scream Factory on 02/04/2014 They are:

Witchboard
Bonus features:
-NEW Audio commentary with Writer/Director Kevin Tenney and actors Stephen Nichols, James W. Quinn, and Kathleen Wilhoite
-NEW Interviews with cast and crew including writer/director Kevin Tenny, actors Tawny Kitaen, J.P. Luebsen, James Quinn
-Audio Commentary With Writer/Director Kevin Tenney, Executive Producer Walter Josten And Producer Jeff Geoffray
The Making of WITCHBOARD
Still Gallery
Theatrical Trailer
TV Spots
And much more…

Night of the Demons
Bonus features include:

-NEW commentary with Director Kevin Tenney and actors Cathy Podewell, Hal Havins, Billy Gallo and FX artist Steve Johnson!
-NEW interviews with cast and crews including director Kevin Tenney, writer/producer Joe Augustyn and actress Linnea Quigley
-Audio Commentary With Director Kevin Tenney, Executive Producer Walter Josten and Producer Jeff Geoffray
Promo Reel
Video Trailer
Theatrical Trailer
TV and Radio Spots
Still Galleries
And much more…
Old 12-08-2013, 01:06 AM
There's also Cat People (1982) Collector's Edition, Darkman Collector's Edition, Sleepaway Camp Collector's Edition, Deadly Eyes etc. coming soon but the holy grail of horror BDs coming next year will be Nightbreed Cabal Cut.
Old 12-08-2013, 05:51 AM
Yeah, LoPanFan - I talked with Duke on the other thread on here about my anticipation for the "Nightbreed - Cabal Cut" by scream/shout factory. I am counting down the days, just wish I knew the exact date of its release is all, they did a good job leaving us all in suspense saying next year.

Also yeah the Cat people is another good one, I almost mentioned it. Then I also mentioned their New release of "The Shadow (1994)" with Alec Baldwin, I feel that movie is grossly underrated. Shame it never took off. I find myself grabbing it a lot in my movie collection and watching it.

Yeah I mentioned those 2 films (Witchboard, Night of the Demons) because obtaining them now on DVD is on the expensive side you will be paying a premium if you wanted new copies of them.

Also I like that you mentioned and adding props to "Anchor bay" they have brought out some super great releases.
Old 12-09-2013, 09:15 PM
Was Darkman released already?
Old 12-10-2013, 07:54 AM
hey, 1.21 Gigawatts
Not yet, The Darkman from shout/scream factory will be available (February 18, 2014).

also for those interested in the "The Shadow [Collector's Edition]" will be out (February 25, 2014)