Old 09-19-2008, 11:26 PM
Horror movies with a college theme

So I was watching Scream 2 the other day, and I was thinking "Wow...now that I'm in college, horror movies set at college...are cooler."

And so I started making a list of horror movies with a college theme to watch- and so I wrote down, Scream 2, Urban Legend, and Black Christmas (og) (a lot of my friends are dumb Sorority girls...don't judge me) ...and that was as far as I got.

So here I am, asking for suggestions...anyone got any good horror movies set at college, involving college students, with any type of college theme at all?

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
Old 09-20-2008, 12:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by killuminati003 View Post
So I was watching Scream 2 the other day, and I was thinking "Wow...now that I'm in college, horror movies set at college...are cooler."
Thought the same thing the other day, but because I felt like high school slashers werent good enough anymore.
Old 09-20-2008, 02:58 AM
How about Girls Nite Out??
Old 09-20-2008, 07:38 AM

People seem to enjoy Sorority House Massacre,
Old 09-20-2008, 09:11 AM
Well, Soul Survivors has a college theme, but you said a good horror movie.

April Fool's Day sort of has a college theme, if you count the fact that most of them are college buddies. They talk about being in college a few times.
Old 09-20-2008, 02:10 PM
Sorority House Massacree 2 is really good. Sorority Babes at the Slimeball Bowl-O-Rama has a college setting in the beginning. But most of the movie takes place in a mall. Another one is Ghoulies 4: Ghoulies Go To College. I heard its awful.

The Hazing has college kids getting, well, hazed. Its a fun movie. But it doesnt take place at a college.

Fright Night 2 takes place at a college.
Old 09-20-2008, 03:34 PM
BLACK CHRISTMAS (1974)
THE HOUSE ON SORORITY ROW (1983)
HELL NIGHT
APRIL FOOL'S DAY
SCREAM 2
NIGHT OF THE CREEPS

Last edited by Antonio141; 11-04-2009 at 10:50 AM..
Old 09-20-2008, 04:44 PM
Thanks guys, all of these sound good.

I was watching Scream 2 again for the part where Randy names off a few college horror films.

House on Sorority Row
The Dorm That Drip Blood
Sorority House Massacre

I'm starting to notice that most, if not all, of these movies are slashers- I wonder how come they don't make more diverse genre films set on campus? I mean, haunted dorms, monsters attacking campus, zombie outbreak told from the point of view of a few college students, maybe a Silence of the Lambs type thriller set on Campus, an alien invasion of campus...it's an untapped resource.
Old 09-20-2008, 06:47 PM
Didn't Night Of The Creeps take place at college??
Old 09-20-2008, 07:38 PM
There's American Psycho 2 - which I found to be quite fun since I avoided it for so long. I thought it would be utter trash (which it is, but it's fun) and it wasn't extremely awful.
Old 09-21-2008, 04:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJFlamingo View Post
Didn't Night Of The Creeps take place at college??
Yes, it did.
Old 09-21-2008, 05:22 PM
Splatter University. It's REALLY bad, though.
Old 09-21-2008, 08:32 PM
Good God, where to start? There's lots of them. A few off the top of my head...

The Prowler
The Initiation
both Black Christmases
Girl's Nite Out
Hell Night
The Hazing
Old 09-22-2008, 03:24 PM
The Unnamable
Old 09-22-2008, 03:58 PM
Silent Madness
Old 10-31-2009, 06:26 PM
What movie is this

What movie is this?! I cannot remember! Ive been dying to know forever now.

A college is being run by 2 people who you dont find out are immortal until the very end. In the movie people are going to this college and start dying off and dissappearing, and in one part some guy looks on the ground and sees something, picks it up and sees that it is a dead skunk so he immediately drops it, by magic at the time he doesnt notice his wood chipper coming up behind him and he falls in it launching his brains everywhere (ew). And at the very end there are maybe 2 survivors and they shoot both of the immortals in the head (1 guy 1 girl) and as u think its going to go off they stand up alive. What is this movie? Anyone know?

Daniel
Old 11-03-2009, 09:25 PM
Cry Wolf
Black Christmas
Scream 2
Urban Legend
Old 11-03-2009, 10:10 PM
Pieces
Old 11-03-2009, 10:13 PM
Decoys and Decoys 2: Alien Seduction
Old 11-04-2009, 12:03 AM
Im gonna nominate IDLE HANDS.

They all SHOULD have been in college anyway.
Old 11-10-2009, 12:05 AM
Embrace of the Vampire
Urban Legend
Night of the Creeps
Spiders
House of the Dead 2
Return of the Living Dead:Rave From The Grave
Transformers:Revenge of the Fallen
Pulse
Old 11-10-2009, 06:05 AM
Not sure if this counts, but I vaguely remember a mid-80's comedy/horror film that takes place in medical school called Stitches.
Old 11-15-2009, 11:19 AM
Voodoo with Corey Feldman.
Old 11-15-2009, 12:59 PM
When a Stranger Calls Back
Old 11-17-2009, 04:35 PM
I think Boogyman 3 starts off at a college, but I kept falling asleep on it, so I don't remember where it ended..

One Missed Call...They're all college students.

There was a zombie movie that took place at a college...I can't remember the name of it though. There were miltary people and a quarantine, and a missile or something...maybe it was a SyFy flick, who knows.

That's all I can think of right now.
Old 11-22-2009, 02:02 PM
The Lurking Horror

This isn't a Horror movie...this is a old computer text based game the revolves around a student who has waited who has waited until the last minute to write his thesis paper and has to go to the computer lab on campus during a horrible snow storm.

At the Computer lab as he is trying to retrieve the file from the server something messes up and he has a hullucination of some ancient ritual afterwards the computer tech tells the student the file is lost or misplaced on another server and he is going to have to go to the another department. As the student travels the campus he runs into a deeper, darker mystery lurking in on the campus and events that had led to another students suicide and that there is a evil entity lurking somewhere in the depths of the campus.

Very Lovecraftian and I always felt it would make a good movie due to the isolation that snow storm creates and the subject matter.

Just my two cents

TJ
Old 05-17-2013, 04:12 PM
There was a movie I saw a couple years ago based in college. It was this college that used to be an insane asylum and a group of students were getting, I guess you could say "haunted" by the main doctor. He was attacking them by their memories. Does anyone know the movie I'm talking about?
Old 05-20-2013, 07:04 AM
The Prowler
Sorority Row (perfect if some of your friends are dumb sorority girls lol)
Ghoulies go to College (B movie ALL the way)
Girls Night Out a.k.a. The Scaremaker
Old 06-07-2013, 03:37 AM

The House of the Devil

Really good little horror film that has a couple of college kids in it
Old 10-05-2013, 11:24 AM
Seance - haunted college dorm theme
Shrieker - no actual college but it's about college kids who can't afford the dorms so they squat in an abandoned hospital
Pieces - awesome piece of cheese
Breeders (1997) - aliens are taking over the minds of hot babes on a college campus
Old 10-20-2013, 12:26 AM
remember sorority house massacre? the guy had a guitar and he would play it and a drill would come out the top end and that's how he killed haha
Old 10-28-2013, 08:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by silentasylum View Post
remember sorority house massacre? the guy had a guitar and he would play it and a drill would come out the top end and that's how he killed haha
That's Slumber Party Massacre 2 I think
Old 11-02-2013, 01:56 PM
Yup thats Slumper Party Massacre 2, 1 and 3 are great too, but a lot less cheesy.

Suspiria is kind of a college theme and fucking awesome. Just re-watched it last night - along with House of the Devil and Friday the 13th [2009] - which are both college kids dying as well