Old 09-26-2011, 07:52 PM
Rank The Friday The 13th Series

One of my favorite series besides Phantasm and one that has a special place for me since it was among the very first that got me into Horror and made me a fan. Rank all twelve of the movies in your order of preference, including Freddy Vs. Jason and the 2009 reboot. My list goes:

Jason Lives
The Final Chapter
Part 2
The New Blood
A New Beginning
Part 3
Part 1
Jason Takes Manhattan
Jason Goes To Hell
Freddy Vs. Jason
Jason X

The Final Chapter and Jason Lives are both extremely close for first place but Jason Lives ultimately wins out based on sentimental value for me, as it was the first I ever saw and I still love it today. But with the strong exceptions of Jason X and Freddy Vs. Jason I honestly enjoy them all, even Jason Takes Manhattan and Jason Goes To Hell to some extent, which are just silly fun.
Old 09-26-2011, 09:12 PM
Part 6 : Jason Lives
Part 1
Part 7 : New Blood
Part 4 : Final
Part 2
Part 10 : Jason X
Part 3 : 3D
Part 5 : New Beginning
Part 8 : Jason takes Manhattan
Part 9 : Jason In Hell

not including the remake or the Freddy VS

Jennifer Cooke and Lar Park-Lincoln are my 2 fav F13 babes and they didnt show boobs or ass.

5 was lame because it wasnt Jason but still a good F13 movie ... 8&9 were just retarded .... 8 for kill scenes and 9 for back story.

6, 7 and 10 were good because they didnt take the Jason mythos too seriously

1 is THE classic ( even if i prefer #6)

Jason X got 1 bonus point because of David Cronenberg as an actor

Last edited by Dirtyfrog; 09-26-2011 at 09:17 PM..
Old 09-26-2011, 09:45 PM
interestingly , Lar Park-Lincoln got even hotter over the years but Jennifer Cooke kinda dissappeared.

According to IMDB , only 1 role for 1 episode on the Hunter TV serie in '87 after Jason Lives ( noticed her as the bastard human/alien child in the original & classic V tv serie ). Basically no credited acting gig for 24 years 0.o

but back to Lar Park-Lincoln ....

from

to 2009's

zomg hawt!
Old 09-26-2011, 11:10 PM
If you were to include FVJ and the reboot, where would they be?
Old 09-27-2011, 01:02 AM
1. Freddy vs, Jason
2. Jason Lives
3. Final Chapter
4. Part 3
5. New Blood
6. Part 2
7. Friday the 13th
8. remake
9. Jason Goes to Hell
10. Jason X
11. A New begining
12. Jason takes Manhattan

13, Scooby-doo vs. jason(robot chicken)-lol
Old 09-27-2011, 01:49 AM
1. Friday the 13th Part VII: The New Blood (1988)
2. Friday the 13th: The Final Chapter (1984)
3. Jason Lives: Friday the 13th Part VI (1986)
4. Friday the 13th (2009)
5. Freddy vs. Jason (2003)
6. Friday the 13th Part VIII: Jason Takes Manhattan (1989)
7. Friday the 13th Part 2 (1981)
8. Friday the 13th Part III (1982)
9. Friday the 13th (1980)
10. Jason X (2001)
11. Jason Goes to Hell: The Final Friday (1993)
12. Friday the 13th: A New Beginning (1985)
Old 09-27-2011, 04:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Master View Post
If you were to include FVJ and the reboot, where would they be?
between part 5 and part 8-9
Old 09-27-2011, 04:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MistAh BlistAh View Post
1. Friday the 13th Part VII: The New Blood (1988)
2. Friday the 13th: The Final Chapter (1984)
3. Jason Lives: Friday the 13th Part VI (1986)
4. Friday the 13th (2009)
5. Freddy vs. Jason (2003)
6. Friday the 13th Part VIII: Jason Takes Manhattan (1989)
7. Friday the 13th Part 2 (1981)
8. Friday the 13th Part III (1982)
9. Friday the 13th (1980)
10. Jason X (2001)
11. Jason Goes to Hell: The Final Friday (1993)
12. Friday the 13th: A New Beginning (1985)
Friday the 13th part 6
Friday the 13th part 4
Friday the 13th part 3
Friday the 13th part 2
Friday the 13th
Friday the 13th part 5
Friday the 13th part 7
Freddy vs. Jason
Friday the 13th (2009)
Friday the 13th part 8
Jason Goes to Hell
Jason X

Really, I feel like I've rated the remake too highly. Instead of the genuine camp that the originals had, the remake is so self-aware that's it's painfully dull.
Old 09-27-2011, 11:53 AM
Part 4
Part 3
Part 2
Part 7
Part 1
Remake (part 11) (I actually do not consider this a remake, I consider it another sequel, when you don't this film is so much better. Besides it has absolutely nothing to do with remaking a Friday)
Part 6
Part 5
Jason X
Jason Takes Manhattan
Jason Goes to Hell

Part 4 is the best one in the series by far. The idea of Jason being a force rather than a presence is fantastic, I love how you barely see his whole body in the film. Part 4 is very cruel and brutal, and the lighting, score, effects, and cinematography are really at their peak in this film. Jason goes to hell is the bottom of the barrel. I don't care how cool some of the kills are, and how cool he looks, when you have Jason's spirit taking over bodies and worm things, it's just ridiculous. I'll take the campy Jason X over it ANY day of the week.

Last edited by Evil Ed; 09-27-2011 at 12:27 PM..
Old 09-27-2011, 06:59 PM
I find Jason X and Freddy Vs. Jason are the only ones I can't stand. The series did plummett quite a bit with parts 8 and 9, but I can still enjoy those in a guilty pleasure way. Jason X isn't even so bad it's funny for me.
Old 09-27-2011, 10:47 PM
Jason Goes to Hell and Freddy Vs Jason are the only ones that I liked. The others all range from mediocre to downright awful with the first one actually being the worst one IMO.

Oh and I liked the remake too. In fact, it ties with Freddy Vs Jason as my favorite of them all.
Old 09-28-2011, 03:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocknblues81 View Post
Really, I feel like I've rated the remake too highly. Instead of the genuine camp that the originals had, the remake is so self-aware that's it's painfully dull.
I thought the 'remake' was everything a modern day Friday the 13th movie should be. They upped the intensity of Jason, just like modern zombies are now runners. Derek Mears was a fantastic Jason Voorhees, Kane Hodder still slightly edges him out as the best though.

Solid cast with Jared Padalecki (I'ma Supernatural fan!) and a bunch of hotties Danielle Panabaker (Really like her!), Willa Ford, Julianna Guill & Amanda Righetti.

We basically got 2 movies in 1 with both groups getting slaughtered aside from the 'heroes'. I remember seeing it in theatres opening night and once the title logo appeared about 20 mins in after the first group gets murked, everyone in the theatre went nuts! It was great.

The Nudity was there as it should be in every Friday the 13th movie (or just every movie in general ). I love you Julianna Guill

Sure the kills could have been a little more innovative or inspired, but they still did the trick. Instead of having a sleeping bag whacked against a tree, we had one tied to a tree and set on fire. The under the dock machete one was fun and how can this site not like an arrow in the head?

I enjoyed it and still want that sequel to it, set it snow like promised...
Old 09-29-2011, 09:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MistAh BlistAh View Post
I thought the 'remake' was everything a modern day Friday the 13th movie should be. They upped the intensity of Jason, just like modern zombies are now runners. Derek Mears was a fantastic Jason Voorhees, Kane Hodder still slightly edges him out as the best though.

Solid cast with Jared Padalecki (I'ma Supernatural fan!) and a bunch of hotties Danielle Panabaker (Really like her!), Willa Ford, Julianna Guill & Amanda Righetti.

We basically got 2 movies in 1 with both groups getting slaughtered aside from the 'heroes'. I remember seeing it in theatres opening night and once the title logo appeared about 20 mins in after the first group gets murked, everyone in the theatre went nuts! It was great.

The Nudity was there as it should be in every Friday the 13th movie (or just every movie in general ). I love you Julianna Guill

Sure the kills could have been a little more innovative or inspired, but they still did the trick. Instead of having a sleeping bag whacked against a tree, we had one tied to a tree and set on fire. The under the dock machete one was fun and how can this site not like an arrow in the head?

I enjoyed it and still want that sequel to it, set it snow like promised...

Well-said, I agree. The reboot I thought was entertaining. Not perfect but it got the job done, and if the next movie is on par with it I welcome it.
Old 10-03-2011, 05:20 AM
1. Friday the 13th: The Final Chapter: Is it the best of series, you bet your sweet ass it is. Jason escapes from the morgue, only to find that a group of teenagers have rented a vacation house near Camp Crystal Lake. However, he is about to meet his match in the shape of horror nut child Tommy Jarvis. Brutal and gory fourth film; that was originally suppose to be the last, features Tom Savini's great make-up effects returning and features some of the best kills of the entire series. (Meat cleavers to the face, spear gun to the balls, ETC!!!!) Jason's demise is a gorehound's fucking wet dream Plus, it features the always weird Crispin Glover and his wacky dance moves. Also, Ted White is still my favorite Jason of the series.

2. Friday the 13th Part 2 (1981): Second entry, finds Mr. Voorhees making his triumphant debut into the slasher rink. This time around he stalks a group of camp counselors that are unwisely opening up a summer camp near Camp Crystal Lake. Jason (played here by Steve Dash, not fucking Warrington Gillette; even though that douchebag still likes to take the credit,) begins his slasher venture and he doesn't fail to disappoint. Some rather nice kills and a pretty suspenseful finale make this one of the best of series.

3. Friday the 13th (1980): Original movie, that paved the way for the slasher genre of the early-to mid 1980s. Borrowing the formula from Halloween, a group of teenagers are stalked and then eventually slaughtered by an unknown killer at an isolated summer camp. Not too original and inventive and a tad boring in some places (did we really need to watch Alice make tea???) However, this one still manages to be rather suspensful in some places, with Ms. Voorhees (played with manaical zeal by Betsy Palmer) playing one loony demented bitch. Also, some very great make-up effects courtesy of Tom Savini and some invented kills (Kevin Bacon's arrow through the throat still looks great) and you have a movie that single-handlely reinvented the slasher craze, for that I applaude it.

4. Friday the 13th Part 3 (1982): Filmed during the height of the 3D craze, has the machete coming at ya!!!! Jason returns this time around and stalks a bunch of teenagers that are vacationing at Chris Higgin's family cabin. Third entry features some inventive kills (the hand-stand kill, being the highlight), Jason receives his trademark hockey mask courtesy of fat-nerd Shelley. Plus, it also featues a rather suspenseful finale as well, with Jason (here played by Richard Brooker) coming across as more demented and terrifying than the other actors that have played the role. Despite some rather weak effects, and the obivious 3D sequences (they don't transfer well in 2D) this one still manages to deliver everything we have come to love and expect from our beloved Mr. Voorhees.

5. Friday the 13th Part 6: Jason Lives (1986): Sixth entry has it's tongue firmly in it's cheek this time around, as more humor and sight gags are injected into the mix. The Tommy Jarvis' saga continues, when while digging up Jason's grave to destroy his body, a bolt of lightning revives Jason, who wastes no time in doing what he does best. It's up to Tommy to stop him once and for all, as Jason heads to familiar camp ground territory, to find that a new fresh group of camp counselors and campers have taken up residency for the summer. As before, more humor and "camp" are applied, with Jason still delivering in the "kills" category (loved the triple beheading, even though the MPAA raped the final cut.) Plus, genre favorite Thom Matthews (The Return of the Living Dead) making quite the worthy opponent against Jason, especially during the final sequence. Overall, too much humor for it's own good, but still entertaining as well.

6. Friday the 13th Part 7: A New Blood (1988): Beginning of the Kane Hodder era Jason, with this time our beloved masked nemesis is resurrected from his watery grave by psychic teenager Tina (Lar Park Lincoln) only to find that a new group of teenagers are vacationing near Crystal Lake once again (will those morons ever learn???) Jason meets Carrie with this entry, was bound, gagged, and raped by those bastards at the MPAA. Nearly all the kills this time around are toned down; the original cut features them in all their gory detail. Rather boring entry also, as the formula has become rather tired and strained. Even the cool finale and of course the infamous "sleeping bag" kill can't save this one. Although, I love Jason's make-up in this one!!! Good times!!! Plus, you can't go wrong with Mr. Hodder.

7. Friday the 13th Part 5: A New Beginning (1985): Young Tommy Jarvis, the survivor of the fourth movie, is now placed in a half-way house for fucked up kids, still traumatized from the events and suffering from halluncinations of Jason. His welcome is unfavorable when one of loonies is hacked up by an axe, only to have an unseen killer start offing motherfuckers in the area. Is Jason really back from the grave, is Tommy the killer this time around??? This much hated version, features no Jason, instead a wacked out of his gord ambulance driver who dawns the Jason identity after his fat retarded loony son is hacked to bits. Rather bland entry, features some inventive fills; even thought the MPAA once again butchered the proceedings, and some rather nice supplies of T &A; the rack on Ms. Debbi Sue Voorhees is truly a sight to behold!!!! At the end of the day most of the fans rioted when it turned out to be an imposter killing everyone, so Jason was eventually brought back to satisfy the fans.

8. Friday the 13th Part 8: Jason Takes Manhattan (1989): Revived by a convienently placed power line, Jason climbs abroad a cruise ship loaded with disposable teens headed for Manhattan. The title should be renamed Jason Takes A Cruise Ship, not only does Jason not arrive to New York until almost the end of the film, but once he gets there it's pretty fucking obivious that it's Vancouver. Tired, lazy, pointless eighth entry features lackluster kills and suffers from some of the worst acting of the entire series; I know these movies aren't known for their acting chops, but seriously some the actors really need to brush up on their crafts. Plus, it seems this time around Jason has the ability to teleport, he seems to pop up everywhere in this movie, with no explanation given at all.

9. Jason Goes To Hell: The Final Friday (1993): Jason is blown up by the FBI in the beginning, yet his heart still lives and now has ability to possess any unfortunate sap that comes into contact with it. Bloated suppossedly "final" entry features very little Jason, suffers from an incoherent backstory; Jason now has a sister (played by Buck Roger's Erin Gray). Some creative kills, can't save this clunker, one of the worst of the series. Plus, homoerotic shaving????

10. Jason X: Jason heads to space (where else are they going to send this dude!!!) and stalks and butchers a bunch of unlucky science students who have very unwisely brought him onboard. Extremely unwatchable tenth entry tries to inject more humor than previous entries only to have the horror and suspense flushed completely down the crapper. Features Jason's corny upgrade to Uber Jason. YAWN!!!!!

Friday the 13th (remake) (2009): Another uneccessary Platinum Dunes remake, actually delivers in some aspects. Here the new Jason is more of surivalist, living off the land, and a brutalistic hunter. Even though most of the storyline is corny (Jason seems to have become a disgruntled "pot" farmer, it seems that every character in this movie wants to get their hands on Mr. Voorhees private stash!!!) the dialogue and characters are beyond cliche, and despite the recycled story material, this new remake features some pretty brutal slayings by Mr. Voorhees and a rather suspenseful ending. A waste of time, yes, indeed, but for what it's worth, it's still painfully watchable.

Last edited by poguesfan; 10-10-2011 at 03:13 AM..
Old 10-07-2011, 12:17 AM
After watching part 4 earlier today it might be my number one favorite overall. It's even with part 6 for me, the two are interchanagble for my favorite, and to me are easily the most entertaining movies of the series.
Old 10-07-2011, 10:58 AM
There is no doubt that part 4 is the best one. Jason's evolution into an unstoppable powerhouse really started with this film, and he is at his absolute most brutal in part 4. I love it so much that it is in my top 5 horror films of all time.
Old 10-10-2011, 06:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by poguesfan View Post
1. Friday the 13th: The Final Chapter: Is it the best of series, you bet your sweet ass it is. Jason escapes from the morgue, only to find that a group of teenagers have rented a vacation house near Camp Crystal Lake. However, he is about to meet his match in the shape of horror nut child Tommy Jarvis. Brutal and gory fourth film; that was originally suppose to be the last, features Tom Savini's great make-up effects returning and features some of the best kills of the entire series. (Meat cleavers to the face, spear gun to the balls, ETC!!!!) Jason's demise is a gorehound's fucking wet dream Plus, it features the always weird Crispin Glover and his wacky dance moves. Also, Ted White is still my favorite Jason of the series.

2. Friday the 13th Part 2 (1981): Second entry, finds Mr. Voorhees making his triumphant debut into the slasher rink. This time around he stalks a group of camp counselors that are unwisely opening up a summer camp near Camp Crystal Lake. Jason (played here by Steve Dash, not fucking Warrington Gillette; even though that douchebag still likes to take the credit,) begins his slasher venture and he doesn't fail to disappoint. Some rather nice kills and a pretty suspenseful finale make this one of the best of series.

3. Friday the 13th (1980): Original movie, that paved the way for the slasher genre of the early-to mid 1980s. Borrowing the formula from Halloween, a group of teenagers are stalked and then eventually slaughtered by an unknown killer at an isolated summer camp. Not too original and inventive and a tad boring in some places (did we really need to watch Alice make tea???) However, this one still manages to be rather suspensful in some places, with Ms. Voorhees (played with manaical zeal by Betsy Palmer) playing one loony demented bitch. Also, some very great make-up effects courtesy of Tom Savini and some invented kills (Kevin Bacon's arrow through the throat still looks great) and you have a movie that single-handlely reinvented the slasher craze, for that I applaude it.

4. Friday the 13th Part 3 (1982): Filmed during the height of the 3D craze, has the machete coming at ya!!!! Jason returns this time around and stalks a bunch of teenagers that are vacationing at Chris Higgin's family cabin. Third entry features some inventive kills (the hand-stand kill, being the highlight), Jason receives his trademark hockey mask courtesy of fat-nerd Shelley. Plus, it also featues a rather suspenseful finale as well, with Jason (here played by Richard Brooker) coming across as more demented and terrifying than the other actors that have played the role. Despite some rather weak effects, and the obivious 3D sequences (they don't transfer well in 2D) this one still manages to deliver everything we have come to love and expect from our beloved Mr. Voorhees.

5. Friday the 13th Part 6: Jason Lives (1986): Sixth entry has it's tongue firmly in it's cheek this time around, as more humor and sight gags are injected into the mix. The Tommy Jarvis' saga continues, when while digging up Jason's grave to destroy his body, a bolt of lightning revives Jason, who wastes no time in doing what he does best. It's up to Tommy to stop him once and for all, as Jason heads to familiar camp ground territory, to find that a new fresh group of camp counselors and campers have taken up residency for the summer. As before, more humor and "camp" are applied, with Jason still delivering in the "kills" category (loved the triple beheading, even though the MPAA raped the final cut.) Plus, genre favorite Thom Matthews (The Return of the Living Dead) making quite the worthy opponent against Jason, especially during the final sequence. Overall, too much humor for it's own good, but still entertaining as well.

6. Friday the 13th Part 7: A New Blood (1988): Beginning of the Kane Hodder era Jason, with this time our beloved masked nemesis is resurrected from his watery grave by psychic teenager Tina (Lar Park Lincoln) only to find that a new group of teenagers are vacationing near Crystal Lake once again (will those morons ever learn???) Jason meets Carrie with this entry, was bound, gagged, and raped by those bastards at the MPAA. Nearly all the kills this time around are toned down; the original cut features them in all their gory detail. Rather boring entry also, as the formula has become rather tired and strained. Even the cool finale and of course the infamous "sleeping bag" kill can't save this one. Although, I love Jason's make-up in this one!!! Good times!!! Plus, you can't go wrong with Mr. Hodder.

7. Friday the 13th Part 5: A New Beginning (1985): Young Tommy Jarvis, the survivor of the fourth movie, is now placed in a half-way house for fucked up kids, still traumatized from the events and suffering from halluncinations of Jason. His welcome is unfavorable when one of loonies is hacked up by an axe, only to have an unseen killer start offing motherfuckers in the area. Is Jason really back from the grave, is Tommy the killer this time around??? This much hated version, features no Jason, instead a wacked out of his gord ambulance driver who dawns the Jason identity after his fat retarded loony son is hacked to bits. Rather bland entry, features some inventive fills; even thought the MPAA once again butchered the proceedings, and some rather nice supplies of T &A; the rack on Ms. Debbi Sue Voorhees is truly a sight to behold!!!! At the end of the day most of the fans rioted when it turned out to be an imposter killing everyone, so Jason was eventually brought back to satisfy the fans.

8. Friday the 13th Part 8: Jason Takes Manhattan (1989): Revived by a convienently placed power line, Jason climbs abroad a cruise ship loaded with disposable teens headed for Manhattan. The title should be renamed Jason Takes A Cruise Ship, not only does Jason not arrive to New York until almost the end of the film, but once he gets there it's pretty fucking obivious that it's Vancouver. Tired, lazy, pointless eighth entry features lackluster kills and suffers from some of the worst acting of the entire series; I know these movies aren't known for their acting chops, but seriously some the actors really need to brush up on their crafts. Plus, it seems this time around Jason has the ability to teleport, he seems to pop up everywhere in this movie, with no explanation given at all.

9. Jason Goes To Hell: The Final Friday (1993): Jason is blown up by the FBI in the beginning, yet his heart still lives and now has ability to possess any unfortunate sap that comes into contact with it. Bloated suppossedly "final" entry features very little Jason, suffers from an incoherent backstory; Jason now has a sister (played by Buck Roger's Erin Gray). Some creative kills, can't save this clunker, one of the worst of the series. Plus, homoerotic shaving????

10. Jason X: Jason heads to space (where else are they going to send this dude!!!) and stalks and butchers a bunch of unlucky science students who have very unwisely brought him onboard. Extremely unwatchable tenth entry tries to inject more humor than previous entries only to have the horror and suspense flushed completely down the crapper. Features Jason's corny upgrade to Uber Jason. YAWN!!!!!

Friday the 13th (remake) (2009): Another uneccessary Platinum Dunes remake, actually delivers in some aspects. Here the new Jason is more of surivalist, living off the land, and a brutalistic hunter. Even though most of the storyline is corny (Jason seems to have become a disgruntled "pot" farmer, it seems that every character in this movie wants to get their hands on Mr. Voorhees private stash!!!) the dialogue and characters are beyond cliche, and despite the recycled story material, this new remake features some pretty brutal slayings by Mr. Voorhees and a rather suspenseful ending. A waste of time, yes, indeed, but for what it's worth, it's still painfully watchable.
The original was actually influenced by Bay of Blood if I'm not mistaken.
Old 10-12-2011, 05:08 PM
I have to say that the first kill in Part 2 is the one i hate the most .... everything is perfect ( tempo , false scare , pretty gruesome , lovable character )

It made me think of Scream .... if they offed Neve Campbell in the sequel. Alice deserved better.
Old 10-14-2011, 01:04 PM
1. Original (1980) A
2. Remake (2009) B
3. Part 2: B
4. Part 3: B-
5. Part 4-The Final Chapter: B-
6. Part 6-Jason Lives: C+
7. Jason X: C
8. Part 8-Jason Takes Manhattan: C-
9. Part 5-A New Beginning: D
10. Part 7-A New Blood: D-
11. Freddy vs. Jason: F
12. Jason Goes To Hell: F
Old 10-26-2011, 06:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtyfrog View Post
I have to say that the first kill in Part 2 is the one i hate the most .... everything is perfect ( tempo , false scare , pretty gruesome , lovable character )

It made me think of Scream .... if they offed Neve Campbell in the sequel. Alice deserved better.

Yeah, it kinda sucked Alice died so soon but IMO it wasn't that big a loss because Ginny I think is easily a better heroine.
Old 10-26-2011, 07:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Master View Post
Yeah, it kinda sucked Alice died so soon but IMO it wasn't that big a loss because Ginny I think is easily a better heroine.
I heard that Alice's role in the sequel was reduced due to fact that the actress who played her Adrienne King was dealing with a lot of personal turmoil in her life; like acquiring a stalker. Your right though Ginny (Amy Steel) is still a kick ass heroine.
Old 10-26-2011, 08:46 PM
1. Freddy vs. Jason (7/10)
2. Friday the 13th Part VI: Jason Lives (7/10)
3. Friday the 13th Part VII: The New Blood (7/10)
4. Friday the 13th Part III (6/10)
5. Friday the 13th Part IV: The Final Chapter (6/10)
6. Friday the 13th (6/10)
7. Friday the 13th (2009) (6/10)
8. Jason X (5/10)
9. Friday the 13th Part V: A New Beginning (5/10)
10. Friday the 13th Part II (4/10)
11. Friday the 13th Part VIII: Jason Takes Manhattan (2/10)
12. Jason Goes to Hell (1/10)

This series is pretty ridiculous really, with its endless sequels, bad acting and general cheesiness, but it is a lot of fun to watch. I haven't seen all of the movies in a while but I loved watching them as a kid.

I know FvJ doesn't strictly count but I've included it anyway. It's definitely my favourite flick featuring Jason.

The New Blood and Jason Lives were my favourites of the 'real' Jason films but I also enjoyed III and The Final Chapter a lot. Jason X was kind of fun in a corny way.

I actually used the hate the original film with a passion, but I couldn't deny enjoying the heck out of it because I find it so preposterous and unintentionally hilarious throughout God knows how anyone was ever scared by that movie. It is, however, a great flick to drink some beers to and have a giggle at.

The remake was just "okay". Probably a more well-made film than the original, but it didn't influence the genre the way the original did, and I wouldn't really want to watch it again (unlike the original which I've seen countless times now). The remake could've been a lot better and it failed to live up to the high standards set by the TCM remake, but still was a pretty good movie by slasher standards anyway.

Jason Goes to Hell is easily the worst film and one of the most dull viewing experiences I've ever encountered.

Last edited by urbanlegend23; 10-26-2011 at 08:50 PM..
Old 10-26-2011, 09:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by poguesfan View Post
I heard that Alice's role in the sequel was reduced due to fact that the actress who played her Adrienne King was dealing with a lot of personal turmoil in her life; like acquiring a stalker. Your right though Ginny (Amy Steel) is still a kick ass heroine.

I heard about that, hope the creep who stalked her has stopped by now. That had to be so scary for her