Old 10-09-2012, 05:57 AM
The season premiere was good but not great. However, last night's episode was PHENOMENAL!!! I was practically on the edge of my seat for the entire episode. And very cool ending.
Old 10-15-2012, 05:53 AM
Good episode, GREAT ending! I can't freaking wait for next week's episode now that everybody is starting to find out about Brody!
Old 10-15-2012, 06:22 PM
This should make for some exciting and suspenseful TV in the next few weeks. Good stuff. Really loving the series
Old 10-23-2012, 06:38 PM
So far, so phenomenal with this second season. This last episode was a giant kick to the gut and it was so fucking intense at the end . Next week looks like it could be a top ep of the series so far.
Old 10-23-2012, 10:48 PM
Like everyone else, I'm really surprised by how fast they are moving the story forward. Although I probably shouldn't be considering these were some of the same guys that were a huge part of 24, and that show often moved fast as well.
Old 10-28-2012, 11:42 PM
WOW.

Tonight's episode was some of the best writing and acting for television that I've ever seen (and this is coming from a fan of The Wire, Breaking Bad, and Mad Men among others). Season 2 is shaping up to be a hell of an experience...

More schmoes must get on board. And for those of you who stopped with season one and thought it was over-hyped, I'd definitely recommend you giving it another shot. The stakes are getting higher, the tension is growing thicker (the show has done a great job at maintaining the unbearable intensity of last season's finale), and the characters are only becoming more fascinating (thanks in large part to the Lewis and Daines' brilliant performances). I think I can already tell that this is a show that, much like Breaking Bad, will only increase in quality as it progresses.
Old 10-29-2012, 12:28 AM
Incredible, world class acting this evening.
Old 10-29-2012, 05:02 AM
Got on board over the past couple of days, all caught up now...wow, this show keeps getting better and better, I honestly don't know where they'll take it next!
Old 10-29-2012, 06:48 AM
This is, far and away, the best show on television as far as I'm concerned. Hands down. Nothing comes close. It's just been an amazing season thus far. At least until Justified returns sometime in early 2013.
Old 10-29-2012, 05:11 PM
Started watching this On Demand last week. Watched the first 5 episodes of Season 1. It's very good, but far from great. I'll keep going, as it's certainly suspenseful, but I wouldnt' say I've been "blown away" yet.
Old 10-29-2012, 05:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Kenshin View Post
Started watching this On Demand last week. Watched the first 5 episodes of Season 1. It's very good, but far from great. I'll keep going, as it's certainly suspenseful, but I wouldnt' say I've been "blown away" yet.
Definitely stick with it. I personally wasn't really "blown away" by it until the season finale, which was absolutely amazing, and season 2 picked up on that high note and is so far only getting better.
Old 10-29-2012, 07:03 PM
Dunno if I will ever be blown away by it but its a great show, although I don't think this or Justified come close to being the best on TV...just good pieces of entertainment
Old 10-30-2012, 12:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hucksta G View Post
Dunno if I will ever be blown away by it but its a great show, although I don't think this or Justified come close to being the best on TV...just good pieces of entertainment
Those two are my favorite shows on right now along with Fringe, Revenge, The Walking Dead, Person of Interest, Breaking Bad, Supernatural (even though it's not as good as use to be) and recently, I've gotten into Arrow a lot as well.
Old 10-30-2012, 12:00 AM
That was a GREAT episode. Writing was top notch, I teared up during that scene between Carrie and Brody
Old 10-30-2012, 12:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digifruitella View Post
That was a GREAT episode. Writing was top notch, I teared up during that scene between Carrie and Brody
But was it real for Carrie? Or was she just playing him to get him to confess? That's what I was wondering during that interrogation scene.
Old 10-30-2012, 12:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digifruitella View Post
Yeah I got a bit misty eyed, too
Old 10-30-2012, 12:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovemovies View Post
But was it real for Carrie? Or was she just playing him to get him to confess? That's what I was wondering during that interrogation scene.
Bit of both, I think
Old 10-30-2012, 09:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hucksta G View Post
Dunno if I will ever be blown away by it but its a great show
I'd say this is my feeling too. It's gripping and supremely acted and written but there's still just something there that doesn't quite get me like BrBa or Boardwalk. There have been some shocking moments and good turns, but it all feels "safe." Can't say I'm in love with the story turn for Brody because the conflict with Carrie is what made the show so compelling. It was an extremely original take on the cat-and-mouse thriller storyline.
Old 11-03-2012, 03:30 AM
Trying not to read too many recent posts, as I'm a bit behind, so I apologize if anything is redundant in this post.

Anyway, thanks to Sandy, I haven't had work all week (school had no power) so I finished Season 1. While it's certainly a very good show, I feel it's a little too... simple? I'm not sure what the word is, but someone in another thread (Boardwalk Empire, I believe) someone mentioned how Homeland felt like a mini-series. I kind of agree with that. The Brody/Carrie dynamic was fascinating and brilliantly executed (thanks to stellar acting and very deep characters) but overall, I find myself losing interest. I'm going to keep watching, but I just feel that there isn't as much going on as other great shows that kept me interested for multiple seasons (like Breaking Bad or The Wire). The only thing I'm curious about is Brody's family's reaction when they inevitably find out the truth about him. I think this would've been a brilliant mini-series. As is, I don't know if there are enough captivating characters to maintain the quality of the show over the long haul, and I don't know if Brody's story is interesting enough to run over multiple seasons.

Season 1 was very solid and suspenseful, even if it was a bit predictable. The season finale managed to still be gripping even though I knew there was no possible way that bomb was going to go off. My only complaint: I would've liked more out of the Brody/Walker meeting. How did Walker turn? Did he have the same purpose as Brody (the deats of 82 children) or was it something entirely different? Was he ever mad at Brody for beating him half to death? Considering their history (best friends and all) I would've liked a solid 5 minute dialogue there. Other than that, though, great finale to Season 1.

Lastly, as much as I hate awards, I was pretty shocked at how many Emmys Homeland won. After watching it, while I still don't feel it was the best drama on TV, it's certainly not an egregious choice. Also, the acting awards were certainly deserved. Danes was fantastic throughout, and Lewis captured a range of emotion no one on TV could match other than Aaron Paul.

8.5/10
Old 11-05-2012, 07:41 PM
Holy fuck, I hadn't realized Saul was the guy from Princess Bride.
Old 11-05-2012, 09:00 PM
Holy shit... that was a huge ass turn of events at the shop. Damn
Old 11-06-2012, 09:53 AM
This last episode might be my favorite of the season, possibly of the show. For every character that the show has introduced, the stakes just got raised for EVERYONE. Holy fuck that episode was intense. And it completely erases my concerns about the Brody storyline that I posted earlier in the thread. Once again, we don't have any idea which side he's on. Phenomenal writing.
Old 11-06-2012, 01:34 PM
Solid episode this past Sunday. The
Spoiler:
ding of the pawn shop door and the subsequent massacre
totally threw me off what I was expecting in this episode. Kudos for this show trying to dish an unexpected curve ball each episode.
Old 11-06-2012, 09:32 PM
I still don't know what I think about that scene/twist. I like exactly what came about, story-wise, because of the event, I just don't know what I think of the event. Felt out of place to me. Everything else, through the run of the show, has been with such a brilliant subtlety and planning and real spy shit. This was just so...not. I don't know. I love the impending doom feeling it gave me after I started to think about all the people it affects and how it changes the dynamic. I wouldn't trade that back. Best reaction it's elicited from me since the show began. I just think I would have liked a more clever event.

Spoiler:
I would've preferred a more creative massacre, is what it comes down to. Not just a SWOT style takeover.
Old 11-14-2012, 01:23 AM
Spoiler:
I'm most likely way off but I'll say it anyway, Brody is playing them all with the double agent aspect. Oh and Dana is annoying. Can't tell whether it's writer's intention or that girl is just playing the character this way, or both - in which case, good writing AND acting
Old 11-19-2012, 07:15 PM
Oh man, another intense moment. This season has a lot more home runs with the suspense than the first. That entire night roadside sequence gave me goosebumps. And not bad acting from Dana at the end at all.

"Nicholas"

shit's getting good.
Old 11-20-2012, 12:07 AM
I haven't seen this week's episode yet but I just wanted to say just how amazing Damian Lewis has been this season! That scene when he talks to Carrie in the woods after being with one guy who said he was just like him and was backing the VP because he's looking to back Brody 4 years later, I actually felt for Brody. Just brilliant acting by Lewis in this episode and this season as a whole.
Old 11-20-2012, 07:40 AM
So was that Nazir at the end of thsi episode?..the CIA is a shitty agency in this series LOL.
Old 11-20-2012, 03:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CuatroDiablos View Post
So was that Nazir at the end of thsi episode?..the CIA is a shitty agency in this series LOL.
Yep to both your question and statement
Old 11-20-2012, 04:49 PM
This show is amazing.
Old 11-20-2012, 08:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CuatroDiablos View Post
Agreed but this show is intense as shit!
Old 11-21-2012, 07:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xseanymacx View Post
Agreed but this show is intense as shit!

Yeah , it's quite a great show , not saying other wise. But I LOL thinking how the CIA in this show is always a step behind.
Old 12-10-2012, 12:54 AM
As far as I'm concerned this is the best show on television. Season 2 of this show has been UTTERLY AMAZING! I can't wait for next week's finale. I have no idea how it will end, it could go down a number of ways. It's so friggin' unpredictable.

I don't think Carrie and Brody are destined for a happily ever after sadly, but that doesn't necessarily mean Brody will die. He may, he may not. I just don't know.

When I do my top 10 for television later this month, there is no doubt in my mind that Homeland will be #1.
Old 12-10-2012, 01:03 PM
Something tells me that Quinn wont pull the trigger , and the muslim that's getting throwned to the water is Galvez...probably dying cause of his injuries.
Old 12-10-2012, 03:21 PM
Quote:
I don't think Carrie and Brody are destined for a happily ever after sadly, but that doesn't necessarily mean Brody will die. He may, he may not. I just don't know.
Though I don't think Brody will die, I think my enjoyment of the show would go down immensley, without him in it.
Old 12-10-2012, 09:44 PM
Intense show! Sucks that Carrie didn't think about Saul at all and he's getting the chop or worse, he's one of the best characters so I really hope he ends up on the right.

Wonder what's gonna happen in the finale...Quinn won't pull the trigger, or if he does, he's a dead man. Doubt Brody or Carrie will die, but if he does (cause she won't) the show will have kicked in into overdrive.
Old 12-10-2012, 10:25 PM
As much as I love Brody as a character, and as amazing as Damian Lewis is as an actor, I kind of want Brody to die because if he does, that will make next season very interesting. With Brody and Nazir BOTH dead, season 3 will be kind of a reboot for the show.
Old 12-11-2012, 08:18 AM
Quote:
As much as I love Brody as a character, and as amazing as Damian Lewis is as an actor, I kind of want Brody to die because if he does, that will make next season very interesting. With Brody and Nazir BOTH dead, season 3 will be kind of a reboot for the show.

Remeber the chat Brody had with the President in his ranch (was it the president? don't remember well) I think that brody is going to become the next presidential candidate...it would be a nice twist , but It will also mean this series will jump the shark. I doubt Brody will die.
Old 12-12-2012, 11:50 AM
Quote:
I have finally had a chance to get to see all the episodes. Overall, it is a good show, but I can see a lot of 24 in it, which makes sense since the people behind this show worked on 24. I will say everytime I hear about a leak or mole, I roll my eyes.

In my opinion, season 2 is not as strong as season 1. I believe my reasoning is that we did not know what the Brody character would do. I keep thinking maybe a twist comes were he is still bad, and playing everyone, including Nazir. He is taking over, and planning to destroy the USA. I doubt it though.

You mention a reboot for season 3, I have been thinking of where the show could go after this season? Assuming everyone stays alive, do they bring in a new terrorist? Will Carrie and Brody be a happy couple, who now face terrorists together?

I think they could have allowed another season or two of Nazir alive. I do not know, but am interested to see what happens this Sunday, and where it leads into next season.
Old 12-12-2012, 05:43 PM
I feel that everything after the Q&A episode has not lived up to the standard of the 1st half of the season. It's still watchable, but it felt like the writers were at their most creative by the episode where
Spoiler:
Brody was taken in by Carrie

....then seemed to be overwhelmed on what to do next.