Go Back   Movie Fan Central Discussion Forums > Movie Talk! > Best/Worst/Favorites/Etc..
MOVIE FAN CENTRAL FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-12-2011, 01:03 AM
Your Top 3 Most Disliked Movie Franchises?

Your Top 3 Most Disliked Movie Franchises?

Not 1. Not 10. But 3 exactly please. Mine are as follows...

1. POTC Series
2. Twilight Saga
3. AVP Movies

4th, 5th and 6th most disliked are Transformers, Paranormal Activity, Resident Evil

Your turn

Last edited by God of War; 02-14-2012 at 01:47 AM..
Old 10-12-2011, 03:16 AM
1. Transformers
2. Resident Evil
3. Saw
Old 10-12-2011, 03:46 AM
Twilight
Harry Potter
The Land Before Time (though I do love the original film)
Old 10-12-2011, 04:31 AM

Have never seen any of the Twilight movies, and don't really plan on it, so with that out of the way...

#1. The Saw series. I get why people might like them, but I really have a difficult time even sitting through any of these movies (yet somehow, I've seen them all - go figure). Glad this series is done (?).

#2. The Chucky series. A killer doll? Really? The originals take themselves to seriously to even be enjoyable on a B-movie level, although they're quite clearly B-movies. Seed of Chucky tried to take that route and failed, but the damage was already done before that.

#3. The Resident Evil series can also suck it. How a series with such potential (for a video game adaptation) could turn out so disastrously...
Old 10-12-2011, 04:58 AM
Bond

Indy

Fast & Furious
Old 10-12-2011, 05:34 AM
Transformers
Resident Evil
Children of the Corn

How Children of the Corn got so many sequels is beyond me. Was there really any demand for even a 2nd one? It's the most pointless movie franchise that has been made.
Old 10-12-2011, 07:49 AM
I've never seen any of the Twilight movies and never plan on seeing them. I was never that big a fan of the Rocky movies. Throw in most horror movie series simply because I'm not that big of a horror movie buff.
Old 10-12-2011, 01:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigred760 View Post
I've never seen any of the Twilight movies and never plan on seeing them. I was never that big a fan of the Rocky movies. Throw in most horror movie series simply because I'm not that big of a horror movie buff.
Same here, I've never seen Twilight so I can't really comment on it. I just know I would hate it. Rocky is one of those that hasn't held up for me over the years. I've always liked the first one but I've never loved it like other people have. The sequels go between mediocre and god awful.

Spider Man (The first one was okay but the others suck)
Pirates of Caribbean (Mainly because I love the first one so much that I was just so disappointed by the sequels)
Resident Evil (I saw the first two and gave up after that)

Last edited by Frosty_86; 10-19-2011 at 11:17 AM..
Old 10-12-2011, 02:02 PM

1) Transformers

2.) Twilight

3.) Resident Evil

All three of these Franchises are God-awful and hardly deserved one film, let alone any sequels.
Old 10-12-2011, 04:26 PM
Bond
Indy
Transformers
Twilight
Rocky

Sorry for 5, I dislike all pretty much equally.
Old 10-12-2011, 05:00 PM
Sadness at the Indy/Bond/Rocky mentions. Especially Indy and Bond.

Not a fan of the Transformers movies although I did enjoy the third film.

The Twilight franchise ranges from horrible (the second one) to mediocre (the first one) to okay (the third one).

Other than the second film, which I loved, not too big a fan of the Resident Evil movies.

Apart from the first two, the Saw franchise is incredibly weak, some of them even despicable (namely the 4th and 7th installments).

Also not a fan of the Friday the 13th franchise although I did love Freddy Vs Jason and the remake/reboot and Jason Goes to Hell was kind of a guilty pleasure.

Then there is the Leprechaun. Actually, I only saw the first 2 and they were both beyond godawful. Never bothered watching any of the other flicks.
Old 10-12-2011, 05:46 PM
Indy, Bond, and Rocky should not be on anybodies list, period

I haven't seen any Twilight movies in full (Reading some of the book and seeing some of the first is BY FAR enough for me), I enjoyed TF1 and TF3 and the Pirate series has really grown on me (haven't seen 4). But yes, Resident Evil is by far the worst imo considering I've watched all four and disliked all four. Why have I watched all four knowing I didn't like any of the previous installments? I guess I'm optimistic.
Old 10-12-2011, 06:20 PM
Twilight
Resident evil
underworld
Old 10-12-2011, 06:28 PM
Also, never got the love for the Highlander franchise. Didn't even care much for the first one either.
Old 10-12-2011, 07:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovemovies View Post
Also, never got the love for the Highlander franchise. Didn't even care much for the first one either.
Well, I don't think the franchise every got much love.

But the first one is still a classic, IMO.
Old 10-13-2011, 09:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by poopontheshoes7 View Post
Indy, Bond, and Rocky should not be on anybodies list, period
Why not?

What's worse? To have a great movie that spawns a number of sequels that are a steep decline from the original or have a decent movie that spawns sequels that are bad, but aren't that steep of a decline in quality.
Old 10-13-2011, 09:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matchbox225 View Post
Why not?

What's worse? To have a great movie that spawns a number of sequels that are a steep decline from the original or have a decent movie that spawns sequels that are bad, but aren't that steep of a decline in quality.
Imo, the good in all of those series' outweighs the bad. In fact I love all 4 Indy's. Yes, I said all 4.
Old 10-13-2011, 09:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by poopontheshoes7 View Post
Imo, the good in all of those series' outweighs the bad. In fact I love all 4 Indy's. Yes, I said all 4.
That's fine. I was just giving you a reason why someone, like myself, would feel differently.

IMO, the Indy sequels should have been a lot better.
Old 10-13-2011, 12:38 PM
Twilight is the only one I truly despise.
Old 10-13-2011, 02:21 PM
Quote:
That's fine. I was just giving you a reason why someone, like myself, would feel differently.

IMO, the Indy sequels should have been a lot better.
Aw, you didn't love The Last Crusade? IMO, that one actually comes at times pretty close to matching the first one.

I can understand somebody mentioning the Rocky movies. I myself thought Rocky IV was pretty bad. I don't think I ever saw Rocky III. I did love II, V (severely underrated imo) and VI.

And I really love the Die Hard franchise. Die Hard and Indy are among my absolute favorite franchises.

Of course to each their own. That's why I didn't say they don't belong on anyone's list. Just sadness for me since I love them.
Old 10-13-2011, 02:35 PM
Without hesitation I say:

-POTC
-LOTR
-Harry Potter Films
Old 10-13-2011, 06:13 PM
Incredible Hulk
Hellboy
Zorro
Amityville Horror
The Hills Have Eyes
Old 10-14-2011, 09:05 AM
Paranormal Activity will probably soon join this thread.
Old 10-15-2011, 07:42 AM
Friday the 13th I wanted to understand what the big deal was so I watched the first one and was surprised to find it was actually pretty bad. So this series might be good for cheesy fun, but really, it's been 10 films which have used the exact same mediocre formula.

Saw I have to give them credit for keeping up the same story for seven films and making an attempt to tie everything together. But at the same time, it's made a pretty simple premise incredibly convoluted. The first one is still amazing though.

Resident Evil By this point this has absolutely nothing to do with the games, I don't know why they even bother using the name. Now we're getting a fifth one and it STILL has Alice as the lead? There's only a limit to what you can do with that character... I know Milla Jovovich bones Paul W.S. Anderson, but switching the focus to someone else could be the way to go.
Old 10-16-2011, 05:42 PM
1. High School Musical
2. Big Momma's House(the first one is the only best worth watching.)
3. The Fast and The Furious
Old 10-18-2011, 09:03 PM
1. The Matrix
2. Saw
3. Twilight
Old 01-23-2012, 08:51 PM

I would like to add the Paranormal Activity franchise to my thread
Old 01-24-2012, 11:02 PM
Transformers, Resident Evil, Bring it on series
Old 01-25-2012, 12:22 PM
Hostel
Saw
Friedberg/Seltzer parody films
Old 01-25-2012, 02:43 PM
1. Resident Evil Series (I really tried to like them, but they suck)

2. Saw (they really should have stopped at 3)

3. Underworld series. I even went to see the first in the series in the cinema and loathed it. It was all style and no substance.
Old 01-25-2012, 07:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by magjournal View Post
Hostel
Indeed, yes. I just caught the 3rd in the series 2 nights ago. And this is what I honestly though of it.

Old 01-25-2012, 09:28 PM
1. Paranormal Activity

2. Twilight

3. Pirates of the Caribbean
Old 01-26-2012, 12:23 AM
Not that I've seen any, but would somebody please stop with the Air Buddies movies.
Old 01-28-2012, 09:25 AM
The Saw series is awful, i guess i am just not that into pointless torture of people for entertainment.

The Blade series was pretty bad as well.
Old 01-28-2012, 04:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badbird View Post
Not that I've seen any, but would somebody please stop with the Air Buddies movies.
Then how would A.J. spend his weekends?

The Toxic Avengers, Transformers, Puppet Masters.
Old 01-29-2012, 02:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by QUENTIN View Post
Then how would A.J. spend his weekends?
LMAO!
Old 02-02-2012, 11:20 PM
1. Rush Hour
2. Transformers
3. Resident Evil

Honorable mention: James Bond, Twilight

Quote:
Last Crusade is the best of the franchise!!
Old 02-02-2012, 11:30 PM
Transformers series sticks out because the two sequels were annoying rehashes.

Last edited by The DragonKeeper; 02-02-2012 at 11:34 PM..
Old 02-14-2012, 02:00 AM
Resident Evil - Haven't seen the fourth installment & don't plan to anytime soon, such great potential completely wasted. The first one was terrible although the last 10 mins had something, only to be completely pissed on by the sequel. Then there Is number three I can't remember much about It In truth which probably isn't a good sign.

Harry Potter series - Bought the first 6 movies for 20 last xmas basically to boost up my DVD numbers, I've still only watched the first four I was told the fourth was the best all rubbish imo. I didn't get what all the fuss was about when I was a kid being hounded by everyone telling me how great Harry & his fu***** broomstick was when the books first came out & I still don't even with the movie experience. In fact If there's one franchise I wish could just disappear off the face of the earth It would comfortably be this one. P.S I despise Daniel Radcliffe

Fast & furious Erm I've seen the first two I own them & I bought the the latest one which came out about 6 months ago haven't seen It yet It's actually the DVD that keeps my dart board upright so perhaps I never will. I'll be the first to admit I'm not a car lover this doesn't mean I'm gay just more Into my sports & well movies really, a movie with cheesy quotes lots of cars & mostly bad actors isn't really for me although Gone In 60 seconds Is a guilty pleasure. If you're wondering why I bought the DVD's It's basically for when girls come round I'd be like "hay yeah what do ya think of the fast & furious's I think they're dope" I'm lying I never have girls round but I will try this If I ever do.

Last edited by Sheriff Jigsaw; 02-14-2012 at 02:03 AM..
Old 02-14-2012, 05:15 AM
No mention of Police Academy?