Old 10-16-2011, 07:00 PM
Trick 'r Treat Bitches!

'Tis the season to be jowly. Halloween is my favorite time of the year, and I figured it was time to ring in the spirit on the forums with an all encompassing Halloween thread.

I started my seasonal festivities by partaking in a pumpkin carving party with some friends. It was a lot of fun. We drank, ate good food, and watched a couple of movies...

I ended up making a rather unique JACK-o-lantern....

Anybody else already celebrating the holiday early? Any cool costume ideas?
Old 10-16-2011, 07:35 PM
Very nice!

Being as this is a movie message board, gotta ask:

What movies did ya'll watch?
Old 10-16-2011, 07:42 PM
Just Sleepy Hollow and Scream. We couldn't put on anything "scarier" because somebody there couldn't handle heavier horror films.
Old 10-16-2011, 09:02 PM

Love the JACK o lantern Cop haha. Very nice

This year I plan on going as the Driver(from Drive). I doubt I'll be able to find the mask he wore at some Halloween shop but I plan on making a Scorpion jacket, getting some driving gloves and also plan on going thru lots of tooth picks.
Old 10-16-2011, 10:14 PM
I get to go see Portishead four days before Halloween!
Other than that, nada.
Old 10-17-2011, 12:25 AM
Dontcha hate that shit, Cop? I hate when someone's a bitch about certain movies (kids I get, adults - no excuse!) - and you have to fucking cater to their pussy-ass taste in movies. That's the shits.
Old 10-17-2011, 04:19 PM
Yeah, it can be annoying. But I didn't mind because I do enjoy Sleepy Hollow and Scream. But I have other friends who will watch anything as long as it's horror, so it's all good.

Echo, I'd like to see your costume when it's ready. Sounds like a fun idea.

I plan on having two costumes this year. My first idea is to be Death. I got this awesome handmade mask from Mexico that inspired me to create a costume around it.

That's the mask. I'm gonna wear a black suit with a bow tie, white gloves, a top hat and a cane.

Pretty much like that except with the mask on, and a cane.

My other costume I actually got inspired by my Jack-o-Lantern, so I'm going to be Jack Torrance. Just have to find a red corduroy jacket and I'm set.
Old 10-17-2011, 04:38 PM
Been watching horror movies allll month! Got 2 Halloween parties this weekend, sooo pumped!
Old 10-17-2011, 07:15 PM
I've always wanted to bic my head just to see what it looks like and now I finally have a reason. Halloween and I love Breaking Bad, I decided I'm going to scalp it and go as Walter White from the BrBa finale.

If I don't chicken out
Old 10-18-2011, 12:53 AM
We pulled all our horror movies out at the start of October and have so far only gotten to see The Shining (watched it with my son, though he wasn't in the room and I didn't pause the old/young bathtub chick for him - just too much...), the Disney version of Ichabod and Mr. Toad (just the Ichabod story), Don't Be Afraid of the Dark, Ghostbusters, Hellraiser, and a few others I can't recall off hand.

I started working on my Halloween costume back during the first week of August...

Now I just have to find a rain coat, hat and blue scarf...
Old 10-18-2011, 04:21 AM
I salute you, sir. May the winds guide you along on your search!

In the spirit of the season, I put on the most underrated horror sequel of all time, The Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2. It's the kind of film you watch while making a french fry house.