Go Back   Movie Fan Central Discussion Forums > Movie Talk! > Horror Movie talk
MOVIE FAN CENTRAL FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-14-2013, 02:41 PM
After i watched the whole Friday the 13th series a few years ago I set out to do the same with Halloween and stopped after seeing 3. I was put off by the fact that it was not actually a Halloween sequel I guess. I've since seen all except Halloween 6. I haven't made it thru all of NOES yet either, for some reason I just like Jason better.
Old 01-14-2013, 05:10 PM
I like Jason best too. By far the scariest. Especially Pts I-III.
Old 01-14-2013, 08:14 PM
Who else rather had the idea of this franchise to become an Are You Afraid of the Dark/Creepshow/Twilight Zone-esque horror anthology about Halloween itself with each one a fresh Halloween themed horror tale every once in a while? i mean Michael was meant to DIE after part 2 as he was burned to death and his eyes got shot out, how can anyone recover from those things?
Old 01-20-2013, 07:25 PM
I think a Halloween franchise similar to creepshow would be very cool.

I've been enjoying American Horror Story, which is along the same lines. I'd actually like to see more horror TV, I also enjoyed Harper's Island a few years back. Happy Town was intriguing, but was pretty poorly written.

Last edited by Lat er al; 01-20-2013 at 07:29 PM..
Old 01-21-2013, 08:01 AM
Philadelphia Taxi Services

Haloveen is really a great movie, I watch this movie 5 times, i love this movie.

http://www.phltaxiservice.com/services.php

Last edited by market; 01-21-2013 at 08:03 AM..
Old 02-05-2013, 11:44 AM
Halloween 3 is NOT a bad movie by any means. I guess it has gotten lambasted so bad because there's no Michael Myers. If it were to ever get remade under a different name it would do quite well i think.
Old 02-09-2013, 04:26 AM
Agreed

I still remember seeing this when it came out--the incredible disappointment that there was no Michael Myers.

But now it's definitely gotten better with age. Had this simply been called "Season of the Witch" it might have been a hit. It's definitely a solid movie.

Just got the new Shout Factory version and it's got a lot of great extras.
Old 10-05-2013, 11:43 AM
Halloween 3 is probably my favorite of the series. Part 4 being my second favorite. Considering that the franchise basically became a parody of itself by part 5 it's really too bad they didn't stick with their original idea of making an original, standalone movie each Halloween.