Old 09-02-2008, 02:39 PM
Review Requests

I'm going to start taking review requests. If there is a film you want me to tackle, mention it here and I'll do my best to get ahold of it (I've got Netflix at my fingertips). Since Teenkiller's reviews are popular in this forum, I talked to him about taking requests. He is currently having computer issues, but if he owns the film in question, he'll review it. He'll have more flexibility once he sorts out his technological issues. So if you want his take on a certain fright flick, mention that here as well.
Old 09-02-2008, 03:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by countchocula View Post
I'm going to start taking review requests. If there is a film you want me to tackle, mention it here and I'll do my best to get ahold of it (I've got Netflix at my fingertips). Since Teenkiller's reviews are popular in this forum, I talked to him about taking requests. He is currently having computer issues, but if he owns the film in question, he'll review it. He'll have more flexibility once he sorts out his technological issues. So if you want his take on a certain fright flick, mention that here as well.
Congrats!!! on your new promotion to site moderator countchocula!!! I would personally like to see threads dedicated to the following films: Hellraiser film series and The Return of the Living Dead series. I know there are more that I can't think of right now, but those are my requests as of right now.
Old 09-02-2008, 04:03 PM
I would love to see a review of The Burning and/or My Bloody Valentine. Two very overlooked 80's slashers.
Old 09-02-2008, 04:20 PM
I'll add My Bloody Valentine to my queue. I'll wait and see what Teenkiller can cover.

Keep 'em coming, folks!
Old 09-02-2008, 04:40 PM
I want to see what count thinks of the totally ridiculous 1982 slasher film Pieces
Old 09-02-2008, 07:01 PM
Bog

The Bat People

Silent Night, Deadly Night 4

Ax Em
Old 09-02-2008, 09:19 PM
Is Happy Birthday To Me on dvd? If so review that please.
Old 09-02-2008, 09:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by poopontheshoes7 View Post
Is Happy Birthday To Me on dvd? If so review that please.
Indeed it is. Also on Netflix.
Old 09-02-2008, 09:43 PM

What up beeyatches! Everything seems to be (hopefully) sorted out. Ironically I just watched The Burning the other day. Also I will eventually be doing a Hellraiser review thread since I just so happen to own the entire series but not sure when I'll be getting around to that. As long as I don't have another technical hiccup I'd be happy to help out the ole count. Well thats all for now GOoD JOURNEY my fellow schmoes.
Old 09-02-2008, 09:45 PM
Hey Count, that's great I can't wait to read some more of your reviews.

here are some I'd love to see you review.

The Faculty

The Devils Backbone

Event Horizon

(REC)

and the Final Destination series.
Old 09-03-2008, 12:53 PM
Goodness. I've got my work cut out for me! Hopefully, I'll have most of those films reviewed by the end of the month. There are a couple of flicks I'd like to hit before I start on these requests.

PackBacker, I thought we were friends. You need to pick up your copy of Bog, by the way. It's stinking up my bedroom.
Old 09-03-2008, 04:07 PM
"Heavy Metal" - animated horror/sci-fi anthology

"Suspiria" - Dario Aregento`s masterpiece

"Phenomona" - awesome Argento movie about a girl that communicates with bugs. And, uh, there`s a killer on the loose. Jennifer Connely`s first movie.
Old 09-03-2008, 05:54 PM
I'd love to read a review on Hell Night.
I've allways had this close to my top ten and would like to hear other opinions.
Old 09-04-2008, 04:36 PM
JIGOKU.

Now, motherfucker.
Old 09-04-2008, 06:43 PM
Patience, Rondo. Patience.
Old 09-04-2008, 07:06 PM
Quote:
Patience, Rondo. Patience.
"YOU give ME the creeps!"
Old 09-05-2008, 01:03 AM

The review for The Burning is officially up. I'm taking on the Ilsa series next but will also take the time to put up reviews for singular films while doing the series review threads. I own Hell Night on good ole VHS so I can have a review up for that soon Cropsy. It's an old favorite of mine that I haven't seen in a while so I'm looking forward to revisiting it and seeing how it holds up. If anyone has a particular series they would like me to add to the checklist feel free to let me know. Well thats all for now GOoD JOURNEY my fellow schmoes.

Last edited by teenkiller; 09-05-2008 at 01:55 AM..
Old 09-06-2008, 11:05 AM

The Phantasm series,
Blair Witch series,
Psycho series,
Last House On The Left,
The Hills Have Eyes I planned on doing,but can't find Part 2.{Of the original series.}
Old 09-06-2008, 11:11 AM
I've reviewed the Phantasm franchise and the original Psycho. I'll search for them later (I'm being rushed off of the computer).
Old 09-07-2008, 03:04 PM

THX count!5 reviews in one day-you truly are a trooper,
Old 09-07-2008, 03:23 PM
Those were old reviews. I did bump all of them in one day. Am I still a trooper?

I'll be watching Heavy Metal later tonight. Here's a list of the films I know that I'm covering. Maybe Teenkiller can grapple the rest.

My Bloody Valentine
Happy Birthday To Me
Pieces
The Devil's Backbone
Event Horizon
Suspiria
Phenomena
Jigoku
Old 09-07-2008, 03:46 PM
Sweet! Cant wait for the Pieces and Happy Birthday To Me reviews.
Old 09-10-2008, 12:44 PM
Hopefully, I'll be receiving My Bloody Valentine in the mail tomorrow. Happy Birthday To Me is listed as a "long wait." It was available last week. How many people are renting Happy Birthday To Me???
Old 09-11-2008, 10:48 AM

My apologies but due to ongoing computer problems I will be on a reviewing hiatus. Not sure when I'll be able to get things running smoothly again as I have just had a slew of bad luck over the last month. Well thats all for now GOoD JOURNEY my fellow schmoes.
Old 09-11-2008, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Those were old reviews. I did bump all of them in one day. Am I still a trooper?
Of coyse.
Old 09-11-2008, 08:21 PM
How about Killjoy?

I just want to read the pain Count went through to watch that turd of epic porportions.

What say Count? You up for it?
Old 09-12-2008, 09:41 PM
Phantom of the Mall: Erik's Revenge
Old 09-13-2008, 04:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by poopontheshoes7 View Post
How about Killjoy?

I just want to read the pain Count went through to watch that turd of epic porportions.

What say Count? You up for it?
Consider yourself banned.

I don't know. Let me take care of the above requests, and if I'm desperate for reviewing material afterwards, I'll give it a whirl.

Ike, I'll review Phantom of the Mall if you use a pseudonym for your Flue Florgue piece (the pseudonym being Dom Coccaro). By the way, folks, I'm not sure if I'm allowed to blurt this out, but Dignan will be writing an article for Flue Florgue. He is...was a good friend of mine. He was also a bullfrog.

Last edited by countchocula; 09-14-2008 at 12:24 PM..
Old 09-14-2008, 11:27 AM
Quote:
Consider yourself banned.

I don't know. Let me take care of the above requests, and if I'm desperate for reviewing material afterwards, I'll give it a whirl.

Ike, I'll review Phantom of the Mall if you use a pseudonym for your Rue Morgue piece (the pseudonym being Dom Coccaro). By the way, folks, I'm not sure if I'm allowed to blurt this out, but Dignan will be writing an article for Rue Morgue. He is...was a good friend of mine. He was also a bullfrog.

Actually, you were supposed to be keeping mum about it, asshole! Delete that post! DELETE IT! You're a jinx! A jinx!
Old 09-14-2008, 11:54 AM
[QUOTE=countchocula;2866129]Consider yourself banned.

QUOTE]

Lol, you dont have to review it at all. Just a simple suggestion. Im just very curious as to what you would say about it. It would be a fun read
Old 09-14-2008, 12:26 PM
Don't worry, Ike. I edited my post and encrypted the name of the magazine. Your secret is safe with me, buddy!
Old 09-14-2008, 04:16 PM

WOO-HOO! Reviews for Hell Night, My Bloody Valentine, and The Faculty are up so maybe that will get you leeches off our backs for a while!

Now it's time for me to turn into a leech. count I would appreciate if you found the time to do a review for Creepozoids. It's a film I've been curious about for a bit now and would like to read some thoughts about it.

Well thats all for now GOoD JOURNEY my fellow schmoes.
Old 09-14-2008, 05:44 PM
I actually rented Creepozoids awhile back, but I didn't get around to watching it. I'll Netflix it. Speaking of which, Pieces and Phenomena are not on Netflix. Strange. I'll try to locate them elsewhere. Regrettably, I recently had to downsize my service plan to one-at-a-time due to budget constraints. I'll be sending off My Bloody Valentine tomorrow, though, so it shouldn't take too long to get to all of the requested titles.
Old 09-14-2008, 06:20 PM
Quote:
Don't worry, Ike. I edited my post and encrypted the name of the magazine. Your secret is safe with me, buddy!
Boy, you so crazy!
Old 09-15-2008, 04:06 PM
Count, could you review The Kindred?
Old 09-15-2008, 04:07 PM
Quote:
Count, could you review The Kindred?
That's bizarre. I was planning on watching The Kindred tonight. Review coming soon!
Old 09-15-2008, 04:08 PM
Quote:
That's bizarre. I was planning on watching The Kindred tonight. Review coming soon!
Thanks, man! I love your reviews.
Old 09-15-2008, 04:21 PM
Sorry but that had me in stitches for a good two minutes.
Old 09-15-2008, 04:26 PM
haha The Kindred. I remember HATING that movie so much.
Old 09-16-2008, 05:54 PM
Could I possibly get some love for Child's Play? No need to do the sequels unless you're THAT bored.