Go Back   Movie Fan Central Discussion Forums > Movie Talk! > Best/Worst/Favorites/Etc..
MOVIE FAN CENTRAL FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Which Avengers Character Are You Most Excited To See?
The Hulk 15 39.47%
Ironman 12 31.58%
Thor 1 2.63%
Capt. America 4 10.53%
Black Widow 4 10.53%
Hawkeye 2 5.26%
Other (specify) 0 0%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-08-2012, 05:29 AM
Avengers Character Poll

In the new Avengers movie, which character are you most anticipating? For me it's the Hulk.
Old 04-08-2012, 06:06 AM
It's the Hulk for me, too.
Old 04-08-2012, 07:15 AM
Iron Man and Captain America are probably my top two Marvel characters. I love Black Widow, Thor, and Hulk as well but I'm most looking forward to Hawkeye. He's always been a favorite of mine and I'm excited about the character finally getting in to action.

Last edited by Frosty_86; 04-15-2012 at 10:35 PM..
Old 04-08-2012, 10:16 AM
Black Widow. She was the best thing about Iron Man 2 and everything I've seen of her seems like she's gonna be great here too.

I'm a big fan of Stark and Thor though. And I love that Agent Coulson appears to have an expanded role.
Old 04-08-2012, 11:02 AM
That big green motherfucker.
Old 04-10-2012, 02:00 PM
I've been a fan of the Hulk since childhood, but I've liked what's been done with the Iron Man movies, so I went with Iron Man . . . by a itty, bitty bit.
Old 04-10-2012, 09:01 PM
I love Hulk...I still shed a tear though almost everyday because it kills me that we are not going to see Edward Norton's chemistry with Downey Jr, Scarlett, Jeremy, Sam Jackson, and the Chris's. I know it's my personal own hang up and I need to fucking get over it. I'm sure Ruffalo will kick some serious ass in the role. (I really would love to see his own Hulk movie, which they bring back Tim Blake Nelson as the Leader)

I am excited to see Hulk, but I feel a tad more excited To see Hawkeye, simply because he has been fairly mysterious in the trailers so far, and Jeremy Renner is pretty much perfect casting...
Old 04-11-2012, 08:49 AM
As much as I loved Chris Hemsworth's portrayal of Thor, I just know he's probably going to mix in as well as Sheldon does on BIG BANG THEORY...and probably have the same dry humor as well.

That aside, I'm looking forward to Iron Man and Hulk...with Black Widow as a close third.
Old 04-14-2012, 08:16 AM
Mr. Tony Stark
Old 04-15-2012, 05:40 AM
Black Widow and Iron Man
Old 04-15-2012, 09:58 AM
Because of the new look and apparently flawless CG, I'd have to say Hulk myself. It actually took me a moment to vote because I'm a huge Cap and Iron Man fan. I even love Hawkeye from the books. So, without an "all of the above" option I give the Hulk the very close nod.
Old 04-17-2012, 02:12 PM
Out of those characters I never really thought about it...but I'd have to go with The Hulk followed closely by Tony Stark.
Old 04-20-2012, 01:55 AM
Cap by a nose because I read the movie will be introduced through his eyes. Can't wait to see them ALL, however.
Old 04-20-2012, 02:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawn-o View Post
I still shed a tear though almost everyday because it kills me that we are not going to see Edward Norton's chemistry with Downey Jr, Scarlett, Jeremy, Sam Jackson, and the Chris's.
This...
Old 05-01-2012, 11:45 AM
I really love the wit, charisma, and charm that Robert Downey, Jr. embodies as Iron Man. Plus he's got the coolest abilities.
Old 05-02-2012, 07:14 PM
The Hulk was definitely the standout of this ensemble.
Old 05-05-2012, 09:03 AM
Thor got no love lol
Old 05-05-2012, 04:10 PM
Gotta go with the Hulk/David Banner... it was the first time they really nailed his character for me. A great cross between a brilliant and confident scientist with the haunting knowledge of what he can do if he loses control. Also, they actually gave him some good lines and let him have some swagger, something the other Hulks severely lacked.

Mark Ruffalo did such a great job as Banner, I thought he was better than Bana and Norton. Yep, I said it.
Old 05-05-2012, 04:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cop No. 633 View Post
Gotta go with the Hulk/David Banner... it was the first time they really nailed his character for me. A great cross between a brilliant and confident scientist with the haunting knowledge of what he can do if he loses control. Also, they actually gave him some good lines and let him have some swagger, something the other Hulks severely lacked.

Mark Ruffalo did such a great job as Banner, I thought he was better than Bana and Norton. Yep, I said it.
I 100% agree. I think Ruffalo's portrayal of the Hulk is the best I've ever seen. He's got the right amount of apprehension, nervous energy, and sense of withdrawal mixed with anger.
Old 05-05-2012, 08:51 PM
I voted for Hulk, but Iron Man brought that extra nudge the movie needed. I think Hawkeye was the weakest character on the list, but that could have more to do with him barely being a "good" guy the entire time. Thor seemed out of place, which is weird to say, but I think it was mainly his arrogance and a real lack of explanation of how he randomly got back besides Loki's little insult--which is the point of the character.
Old 05-07-2012, 12:14 AM
Cop No. 633 hit the nail on the head. In retrospect, they did a good job not overselling how much of a presence Hulk/Banner is in the initial ad campaigns.
Old 05-07-2012, 02:54 AM
Now that I've seen the movie here's how I would rank the characters from favorite to least favorite:

1. Tony Stark/Iron Man
2. Black Widow
3. Bruce Banner/Hulk
4. Steve Rogers/Captain America
5. Thor
6. Hawkeye

Thor was awesome in his own solo movie, but he seemed much more subdued here. And why didn't he bang his hammer in the ground creating a shockwave like he did in the first movie? Wouldn't that have come in handy during the big NY climax?

Stark still rules. I think a lot of that has to do with RDJ to be honest. He's far and away the best actor in the movie and thus, Stark is easily the most interesting character and also the coolest. Though I love Black Widow almost equally here. She's just badass and Scarlett Johansson is really excellent in this IMO. I LOVE her!

Hawkeye is under utilized. Especially because of what happens to him and how he is used for most of the movie. He could have been one of the most interesting characters in the movie but I think they could have done a better job with him considering how he is used for most of the movie. Disappointing although I do love his backstory concerning his relationship with Black Widow. That helps a lot.

Steve Rogers is another character that is also under used. Here is a guy who has been frozen for 70 years. SO much has changed since he was first frozen but they don't go into that fish out of water story at all. That said, Rogers is actually more badass here than he was in his solo movie. And I really enjoyed his interaction with many of the other characters, especially Tony Stark.

This is easily the most subdued use of Bruce Banner. I still think the BRUCE BANNER of Ang Lee's movie is more interesting, but I still liked him here a lot and this is the most fun use of the big green guy. Though I think they should have delved more into Banner's inner struggle. But, whatev.

If I had included Agent Caulson, then I would have put him at #4, just after the Hulk. It was great seeing his character have a little more to do. And what happens to him later!