Old 11-29-2011, 12:51 PM
Patrice O'Neal died yesterday

http://www.tmz.com/2011/11/29/patric.../#.TtUbHFaiuAg

Comedian Patrice O'Neal died Monday night ... after suffering a stroke back in October ... this according to his friends at the "Opie and Anthony" radio show.

O'Neal had been a staple in the comedy world for years -- and performed at the "Comedy Central Roast of Charlie Sheen" back in September.

O'Neal was a regular guest on the "Opie and Anthony" radio show -- and appeared on several TV shows such as "Chappelle Show," "The Office," and "Tough Crowd with Colin Quinn."

Opie just tweeted, "Yes it's true that our pal Patrice O'Neal has passed away. The funniest and best thinker I've ever known PERIOD."

O'Neal was 41
Old 11-29-2011, 01:05 PM
He had some damn good stand-up.
Old 11-29-2011, 01:32 PM
Damn. I have been waiting on this guy's condition for a few weeks now.

Such a shame. Best wishes to his friends, family and fans.
Old 11-29-2011, 01:44 PM
wow, shitty news.

was an amazing comedian
Old 11-29-2011, 02:04 PM
Wow. I was just watching the Charlie Sheen roast the other night, and he was hysterical. Did he die from the stroke or from diabetes complications?

R.I.P.
Old 11-29-2011, 02:42 PM
Rest in Peace Big Man.
Old 11-29-2011, 02:48 PM
Woke up reading this news... super lame. I thought he might recover from his stroke.

Been a fan of his (as I was with Greg Giraldo) since the show Tough Crowd with Colin Quinn. (The show also got me into great comedians like Nick DiPaulo and Jim Norton)

Just a real funny dude, which is the highest compliment I can think to pay a man of his ilk.
Old 11-29-2011, 04:00 PM
Those Jokes about him dying of Diabetes during the sheen roast are kinda eerie now! Funny ass dude, RIP.
Old 11-29-2011, 04:33 PM
Fuckin' fuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by john_rambo View Post
Those Jokes about him dying of Diabetes during the sheen roast are kinda eerie now! Funny ass dude, RIP.
Yeah, its so eerie that a bunchof assholes were making fun of his life threatening illness that he suddenly died of complications related to. Whodathunk?

I hope everyone who joked about it/laughed about it feels appropriately horrible now.
Old 11-29-2011, 04:58 PM
Ya.. I don't feel horrible about laughing at the jokes told about him at the Roasts, nor should anyone. That is what a Roast is. Everyone who gets made fun of at these roasts takes all the jokes in good humor as did Patrice. If you think that Patrice was offended or pissed off by any of those jokes, than it seems you may have missed who Patrice was as a comedian and a human.

Friends will rib friends, and I'm sure today everyone who made jokes at Patrice's expense at the Roast are feeling terrible, but not because they told hilarious jokes in the proper context, but because they lost a colleague that they respected enough to make those jokes about.
Old 11-29-2011, 05:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyNet View Post
Ya.. I don't feel horrible about laughing at the jokes told about him at the Roasts, nor should anyone. That is what a Roast is. Everyone who gets made fun of at these roasts takes all the jokes in good humor as did Patrice. If you think that Patrice was offended or pissed off by any of those jokes, than it seems you may have missed who Patrice was as a comedian and a human.

Friends will rib friends, and I'm sure today everyone who made jokes at Patrice's expense at the Roast are feeling terrible, but not because they told hilarious jokes in the proper context, but because they lost a colleague that they respected enough to make those jokes about.
Ditto.
Old 11-29-2011, 05:59 PM
I'm surprised he wasn't brutally raped and murdered. That seems to be happening a lot these days.
Old 11-30-2011, 01:36 AM
Everythings free game at roasts.

I'm sure if Greg Giraldo could, he wouldnt take back any of his dead celeb jokes he was known for.
Old 11-30-2011, 06:18 AM
I always thought he was great on Web Junk on VH1,a show he shouldnt have left in my opinion
R.I.P
Old 11-30-2011, 08:28 AM
The guy was pretty damn funny.
RIP