Old 12-05-2011, 06:35 PM
Support My Books! (Plz?)

Hello, all!

This is MisoGenie checking in to give you all a rather large update pertaining to my life outside of the 'Blo. I am a self-published author with three books under my belt. Unfortunately, it is very difficult to get exposure these days, and one must resort to guerrilla methods of getting his/her name out there. Below I have included a link to my Facebook page, and all that I am asking is for you guys to check it out and give it a Like. I will gladly email free digital copies of the books if they are interested in return for reviews, interviews, or anything. I'm a writer for hire, here!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Todd-C...30865516928500

Here are the synopsis (imagine that plural, kthx!) for each of my books, as well as a sample poem for your reading (dis)pleasure:

a Clockwork in the Stars:
A fallen star leads a curious teenage girl and her mild-mannered friend to a world of angels, hidden inside the cosmos, a world teetering on the brink of destruction in this grim fantasy that asks the reader if they would save the world, or sacrifice it for their loved ones. A Clockwork in the Stars was written by first-time author, Todd Crawford (born February 16, 1994).
https://www.createspace.com/3680266

The Final Gospels:
Todd Crawford (a Clockwork in the Stars) is in Hell, and within the heart of The Final Gospels is a search for his retrieval, but be warned: once in Hell you may never wish to leave. This sophomore novel exploits the the journey of two angels cast from Heaven to Hell, along with their primitive companion named Jesus, as they experience the importance of individuality, love, and in the end loss that takes play in the ballad of life firsthand as wars, both personal and social, tear all they knew apart. The Final Gospels, amongst many other things (including a war on modern art) is the perfect contrast of light and dark, proving that one cannot be without the other, and sometimes that night is more welcoming than day.
https://www.createspace.com/3518480

The Black Season:
In The Black Season, Todd Crawford wraps up his Constellations series as well as pioneering his body of work in a fresh direction through a series of short stories written between the ages of 12-17. "The Eraser" draws the pulp tale of a man quite literally suffering from a God Complex. "Brighter," the first and last entry in the long-running Constellations series sheds light on the altruists and cynics of society. Crawford criticizes the integrity of modern artists in "So I Told Her I Play Guitar." "The Gingerbread House" gives readers a taste of what the infamous fabled home may have looked like at night! The Black Season encompasses the last five years of Todd Crawford's writings through all of these, and more, including the much-requested "Just another Star" and "A Nightmare on Elm Street 9."
https://www.createspace.com/3688627

Grand Guignol (poem) :

Narcissistic sarcasm,
To satisfy the masturbatory criticisms of my court,
To peel back the face which all my Icaruses sport:

I am my own Son,
And I will burn myself out

Vices for the free,
To scathe weak knees in tribute to Osiris upon the tree,
To ask “Or was he Christ?” publicly.

The Uni-verse is ego-centric,
And you are its Atlas.

A speech,
To stab the teething ears of the deaf,
To guide my disciples like a candle from malicious breath.

Bearing the seeds of disharmony,
Is our blindly mislead Persephone.

Thank you for your time and any potential interest! I hope that this is not considered spam of any variety, but I have seen a few likeminded posts in the Music Board for Schmoes' bands, so I figured it would be appropriate enough.
Old 12-05-2011, 07:01 PM
Just curious, have you tried selling your books on Amazon for 99cents in kindle format?

Seems like that's the best way to get your material out there these days.
Old 12-05-2011, 07:02 PM
Damn, I feel kinda bad that I haven't gotten round to reading A Clockwork In The Stars (completely slipped my mind I had it), I'll have to convert it to mobi and dump it on my kindle.

Good to hear you kept up with the writing, I'll give it a read as soon as I finish what I currently have on the go!

Any chance I could get the other two?
Old 12-05-2011, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jolanar View Post
Just curious, have you tried selling your books on Amazon for 99cents in kindle format?

Seems like that's the best way to get your material out there these days.
I have done that, actually! I recently took the books off because of recent rerelease of my first, but I'm waiting to put them back on the market
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cronos View Post
Damn, I feel kinda bad that I haven't gotten round to reading A Clockwork In The Stars (completely slipped my mind I had it), I'll have to convert it to mobi and dump it on my kindle.

Good to hear you kept up with the writing, I'll give it a read as soon as I finish what I currently have on the go!

Any chance I could get the other two?
How about I email you a file of the updated version? It's much, much better! Free of charge, of course! And of course! I provided the links to where all three can be purchased in paperback and although I'm currently out of the digital market I am willing to work with whoever is interested.

I also thanked JoBlo and the members of this site in my latest. A Nightmare on Elm Street 9 is finally done, if you remember that one!
Old 12-20-2011, 12:02 PM
Made a guest appearance on JoBlo's very own Marcey Papandrea's podcast! Listen here, and be sure to Like Marcey's page on Facebook!

http://supermarcey.com/2011/12/20/su...and-a-mad-man/

EDIT: The topic of the Podcast was surrealist Horror films, so there may be a few selections discussed here that you've never heard of! Regardless, it's a great show and I'm really glad to have been a part of it for a night.

Last edited by MisoGenie; 12-20-2011 at 04:24 PM..
Old 01-09-2012, 07:18 PM
Just curious. How have your sales been? I'm getting ready to go the digital route followed by createspace also. any suggestions for a newbie?

www.michaelwhetzel.weebly.com

www.blackrainjournals.weebly.com
Old 01-11-2012, 11:09 AM
Most of my sales are purchased by myself and handed out. I've participated in a book signing where I sold out (there were about 22 books supplied and 15 pre-ordered). To be quite honest, it's all in your hands. If you promote your book online and can get a fanbase willing to put the cash down for your novel then I'm sure (if the price is within reason) you can get some buyers, but you can't expect any readers to just come to you. It's a tough crowd out there, to be honest, but I'm sure that if you put your heart/effort into it, you'll do just fine.
Old 04-05-2012, 08:53 PM
"The Eraser" Now On Amazon

I have just released my first digital single from The Black Season (my anthology book) on Amazon. It is ninety-nine cents and for free to those of you who have Prime Memberships. I'll gladly email anyone interested free Word Files in return for honest reviews on the page, though.

http://www.amazon.com/The-Eraser-Bla...3669377&sr=8-1
Old 06-04-2013, 06:46 AM
Gosh, it must be super-exciting to be a pulbished author!

I want to be a writer. Any tips would be appreicataed.
Old 06-05-2013, 02:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandgurl View Post
Gosh, it must be super-exciting to be a pulbished author!

I want to be a writer. Any tips would be appreicataed.
Have someone without dickslexia ghost sex it for you.