Old 12-07-2011, 03:00 PM
Transformers 4

Fuck yeah! Bay is getting back in the Transformers saddle one more time.

Not sure what the heck the story is going to be about. They pretty much killed off the best bad guy. The joblo article refers to going into the history of the series. If that is true, there are good places it can go.

Personally, I think he should reboot the story. Most of us love the CGI, just not the story beyond the first one. I think if they reboot, Bay could be doing Transformers movies til the end of days.

I hope it does not go by the way of Shrek 4 and just die. Thank goodness for foreign grosses. Bring back Megan Fox Please. I am willing to bet she will do just about anything at this point to get a second shot. Could make for some fun revenge by Bay. And who wouldn't want to see that?
Old 12-07-2011, 03:09 PM
Considering how much he didn't give a shit about the Transformers in the last one, I predict that the film will be about Sam getting married to that girl (I forgot her name) and the transformers have to fight the deceptions because they stole her vale. Then we'll see shots of Tuturro in his underwear, Sam's mom high off white-out, and some other stereotypical outlandish character used for comedy.

Oh, and those two annoying little shit robots will be back most likely. Thankfully, I won't be. God speed Michael Bay!
Old 12-07-2011, 03:11 PM
LOL! please! do we REALLY need another cgi filled mess in this franchise?? truly some of the worst modern films made, absolutely dreadful shite.
Old 12-07-2011, 03:13 PM
I'm expecting Bay to announce that he'll be returning to direct two films back-to-back or he's developing a brand new story, with new characters, that spans over three films making it a new trilogy. I know I'm in the minority here for one of the people who thought Dark of the Moon was the worst one of the three, and goes to show with more explosions and cleavage, the more money a movie will make. I'm going to assume we're going to see Unicron in the next one on the account that every other villain is dead.
Old 12-07-2011, 03:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jig Saw 123 View Post
I'm expecting Bay to announce that he'll be returning to direct two films back-to-back or he's developing a brand new story, with new characters, that spans over three films making it a new trilogy. I know I'm in the minority here for one of the people who thought Dark of the Moon was the worst one of the three, and goes to show with more explosions and cleavage, the more money a movie will make. I'm going to assume we're going to see Unicron in the next one on the account that every other villain is dead.
I really liked the second one. No, I am not kidding. The third was ok, but the worst of the 3. I would like to see a story with the Quints. This way they can rewrite the original Quint story and tie is back to the cube in the first one. Now the Quints want to fuck with Earth and the Autobots fight them. I want it to go back to the whole Their war, our world concept.

One smart move would be to invite Bruckheimer to help produce.
Old 12-07-2011, 03:42 PM
i liked all 3 TF films even though i had my own personal problems. fortunately, i didn't let those problems ruin the whole viewing experience. it would be interesting to see what Bay does with the 4th film... however, i wouldn't mind if someone else took a shot at the TF movie franchise either. although i wouldn't mind a nice long break before starting up again. not too long though cause Peter Cullen isn't getting any younger and i wouldn't want anyone else voicing Prime.
Old 12-07-2011, 03:58 PM
Im in for it. Popcorn flick.
Old 12-07-2011, 04:01 PM
TF1 was aiiight. TF2 was shiiiiiiiite. TF3 was shiiiiiiiiite. TF4 will be shiiiiiiiite.
Old 12-07-2011, 05:23 PM
Well, can't say I'm surprised. As much as this series is the premiere shitting ground for interweb film geeks that didn't stop me from digging the first and third entry.

The only thing I ask of Bay is this: If you introduce another popular villain, don't make their role nothing but an extended cameo! Shockwave got the shaft in part 3, yo!
Old 12-07-2011, 05:51 PM
Transformers should of been an animated movie like the last 'TMNT' film and the current Star Wars: Clone Wars series, then you could keep the original appearance and concepts of the cartoon/comic material whilst still looking ultra cool. The mix of live action and cgi for this franchise was never gonna work without massive changes that spoilt the whole source.
Old 12-07-2011, 06:00 PM
Michael Bay can kiss my unwiped ass.
Old 12-07-2011, 10:39 PM
Dammit! I was hoping that Bay was done with these movies so we can FINALLY get Bad Boys 3!

Guess we're never gonna get it.

Bay prefers to play with toys and boys instead of the awesome teaming of Will Smith and Martin Lawrence.
Old 12-07-2011, 11:10 PM
No.
Old 12-07-2011, 11:15 PM
Errr 'Bad Boys 3' I don't think we need that either matey, in fact the only thing Bay did right was 'The Rock'
Old 12-07-2011, 11:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hubbs View Post
Errr 'Bad Boys 3' I don't think we need that either matey, in fact the only thing Bay did right was 'The Rock'
The Rock is definitely his best movie but I also loved Armageddon and enjoyed the first Bad Boys immensely (the second one was enjoyable but way overlong).

The Island was great for like the first 2/3rds. But the 3rd act was stupid, unfortunately.

And you may be right that we don't NEED Bad Boys 3, but I'd definitely take it over another friggin' Transformers movie!
Old 12-08-2011, 04:50 AM
Bay is back huh? I guess money talks and bulls...well you know the rest.
Old 12-08-2011, 08:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
TF1 was aiiight. TF2 was shiiiiiiiite. TF3 was shiiiiiiiiite. TF4 will be shiiiiiiiite.
This.
Old 12-08-2011, 11:49 AM
They're calling it Trans4mers.
Old 12-08-2011, 12:05 PM
^ Laugh out loud!

I guess another Bad Boys is slightly better than another toy commercial errr Transformers 4.
Old 12-08-2011, 04:35 PM
I wouldn't put Transformers 3 in my top of the year, but man it was a blast to watch because unlike the second one, the third didn't overcomplicate things and just had balls to the wall action. I mean the building collpsing in half towards the end of the movie and all the characters sliding down it was a great use of Special effects. I'd look forward to the 4th if they put it more in the vein of the third rather than the second or first.
Old 02-13-2012, 08:44 PM
Quote:
Paramount will open Transformers 4 in 2014

Of course they will! Why wouldn't they? Did you read that TRANSFOREMRS: DARK SIDE OF THE MOON made $1.124 billion worldwide and is currently sitting at #4 for all-time box office?

So yeah, even without Michael Bay or Shia Labeouf this going to happen... studios don't just leave money laying out on the table like that.

Coming Soon recently talked to Lorenzo Di Bonaventura about the possible film.

"We’ll be there in the summer of 2014," he confirmed, as well as addressing (albeit vaguely) whether Michael Bay will be returning as director or not. "Michael had a debate because he sort of felt at first that he'd done three. Michael and I are both the same in that we always like to top ourselves. That doesn't necessarily mean bigger. It can be bigger in places, it just means different, but we're going to push really hard as fresh and new as we can be."

Know what would be really new and fresh? Cut the running time of the next one down by an hour.

They're considering doing what they've done with G.I. JOE: RETALIATION by making it somewhat of a reboot. "Again, we're going to try to do a hybrid there where there will be some characters that come forward--we think, we're still in the process of figuring it out--and some characters that don't, but it will definitely be a different story."

After DARK SIDE OF THE MOON are you folks ready for another giant robot battle? What else could they possibly do with the story? And the most important question- will you be there if Bay doesn't return?
I can wait 2.5 years. I think they should re boot it. Not like anyone will care if they do. The tagline can be is Bay does not come back "No Bay New Vision". I will say this about the Transformers movies, each one is made without a future sequel in mind.
Old 02-13-2012, 09:25 PM
I think it's way past time for a change-up.

I think Michael Bay and the Transformers franchise would both be better off without each other at this point. Don't get me wrong - Bay was an appropriate choice the first go-around. But I generally looked forward to some mindless Bay entertainment in the past with all his other films because he has one way of making a movie and that's it each go-around but applying it to different franchises and stories made it entertaining enough.

But taking on Transformers three times for Bay has exhausted the limits of anything he can bring to the table. He would be far better off approaching another franchise or genre with his signature style, keeping it fresh. Anything that has more of a story (I'd definitely take Bad Boys 3 over this) because when the films are 80% action/style and 20% story like the Transformers series has been, I really start to get bored by the Michael Bay schtick.

And the Transformers franchise could really do with a new vision and style. I am utterly bored by it at this point.
Old 02-13-2012, 09:46 PM

The Transformers movies get worse the more they make. The 4ht film will be the worst yet. Guaranteed.

Old 02-13-2012, 10:22 PM
For the most part i've enjoyed the franchise so far. I was a huge fan as a kid of the G1 cartoons, which is apparently a sin to like both the cartoon and movies but it doesn't bother me. The second one was a waste but the first and third I really enjoyed.

It's not surprising that the fourth one is coming. These films make to much money not to make more. I do however think it's time for Bay to part ways with the franchise, no matter how much I enjoy most of his work. A new director with a new direction I think is what the transformers brand needs right now.
Old 02-14-2012, 10:17 AM
I really hate michael bay. he only cares about cash and not telling a good story. You people make me sick for liking him, your not true movie fans! Why hasn't someone run him down in their golf cart yet????
This news makes me livid!!
Old 02-14-2012, 02:29 PM
Never. Again.
Old 02-14-2012, 05:45 PM
A reboot, you say?

Old 02-14-2012, 06:07 PM
Callin it:

Old 02-14-2012, 09:43 PM
A beast wars movie would be awesome.
Old 02-17-2012, 11:12 AM
Do I have this right: Bay will be back, but none of the actors will be? Not that it matters, since nobodies going to see the movie for which actors are actually in it. They want to see the big robot thingies and all they can do. I really enjoyed the first one, but the 2nd was absolutely horrible and the 3rd one, while better than the 2nd, was still disappointing. Give the movie to somebody else other than Bay; we've seen what he can do with the franchise, let's see what somebody else can do with it.
Old 11-11-2012, 01:00 PM
I like that I hear Marky Mark might be onboard. I would rather a reboot.