Old 11-28-2011, 10:23 AM
Favorite "Unplugged"

Nirvana's and Pearl Jam's are my top spot, respectively. I could never choose between those two - with Alice In Chains coming in a close second.

I find it kind of hard to actually watch the AIC Unplugged because of how fucked up Layne Staley looks and how it was one of his last appearances before his fade into relative drug addiction-induced obscurity.
Old 11-28-2011, 11:25 AM

Man!... I have an addiction to unplugged. I love and have Nirvana and Pearl Jam albums. Also the 2 unplugged of Alanis Morrisette and Staind unplugged and OASIS unplugged and I could go on an on... unplugged gives you the closest sound of the songs is just more personal, stronger.
Old 11-28-2011, 12:52 PM
I think Nirvana takes this, hands down IMO.
Old 11-28-2011, 01:00 PM
I hate to give a typical answer, but yeah, Nirvana's set was flat-out amazing. An honorable mention goes out to the Queensryche episode.
Old 11-28-2011, 03:52 PM
If not for the Nirvana one, the Oasis one has to be the most memorable. Noel kept his cool despite all the hilarious heckling and family dysfunction on display. They need to release an album of that performance if they haven't already.
Old 11-29-2011, 06:44 PM
I think Alice in Chains takes this, hands down IMO.
Old 12-01-2011, 08:04 AM
LL Cool J!

but seriously Nirvana, then Pearl Jam
Old 12-04-2011, 06:10 PM
Nirvana & Korn with Amy Lee.
Old 12-13-2011, 12:14 AM
Jay Z's is pretty awesome with the Roots supplying all the beats. Nirvanas is my fave tho.
Old 12-13-2011, 03:31 PM
My vote would go for Nirvana but AIC is damn close to #1, like a #1.5.

I always hated that Jane's Addiction broke up right before they did their unplugged. I would have liked to have seen that.

Some others that were good were Duran Duran, the rap episode with LL Cool J, STP, PJ, and Eric Clapton.

Staind is another great one, I got to see Aaron Lewis do a live acoustic set earlier this year and he is the real deal doing unplugged sets. One of the best concerts I have ever been to.