Old 11-15-2011, 11:05 AM
2000's

I just got Netflix and was wondering how many great movies I've missed from the decade. So far I've got Funny Games, The Girl Next Door, Them and Ichi The Killer set in my Q.

Any suggestions?
Old 11-15-2011, 11:51 AM
Frailty, House of the Devil, Antichrist, Session 9, Martyrs, Deadgirl, The Cell
Old 11-15-2011, 01:16 PM
American Psycho
Shadow of the Vampire
Jeepers Creepers
Ginger Snaps
Trick 'r' Treat
Satan's Little Helper

And others I'm forgetting.
Old 11-16-2011, 04:44 PM
American Nightmare
Colour From the Dark
The Good Sisters
Bug
The Strangers
See No Evil
The Evilmaker
Inland Empire
Old 11-16-2011, 05:14 PM
-The Hills Have Eyes 2006
-Friday the 13th 2009
-The Last House on the Left 2009
-Seed of Chucky
-High Tension
-One Hour Photo
-TCM 2003
-TCM: The Beginning (2006 I believe?)
-Shawn of the Dead
-Land of the Dead
-Diary of the Dead
-Survival of the Dead
-Dawn of the Dead 2004

I'm sure there's a shit-ton of others too I am forgetting.
Old 11-16-2011, 05:37 PM
Should check out this thread:
http://www.joblo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=131828

But here's what I posted in there:

1 - The Descent
2 - Rec
3 - Inside
4 - Dog Soldiers
5 - Feast
6 - The Mist
7 - Fritt Vilt II
8 - Haute Tension
9 - Let the Right One In
10- The Texas Chainsaw Massacre

Honorable Mentions:
Eden Lake, The Midnight Meat Train, All the Boys Love Mandy Lane, The Tripper, The Hills Have Eyes, Hatchet, The Ruins, Frontier(s), Severance, Fritt Vilt
Old 11-16-2011, 05:49 PM
Forgot REC! And also Session 9 - awesome movies.

Also 28 Days & 28 Weeks Later are fantastic too.
Old 12-18-2011, 09:59 AM
Thanks for the imput guys. I've seen the majority of these titles. I did finally watch Trick 'r Treat and I f'n LOVED it! 8/10

I also have to comment on The Girl Next Door. What a pile of steamin' horseshit this was. For the most part I agree with Arrow on his reviews but I just don't get this one. The only good thing about this shitfest was the acting. I don't know Ketchum's work, so maybe it just didn't translate well. I'm still dumbstruck with Arrow's review of this. This movie is complete garbage. 2/10

Oh yeah, finally watched Seed of Chucky and I loved it. Maybe my favorite of the franchise. 7/10
Old 12-21-2011, 10:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodFrenzy View Post
Thanks for the imput guys. I've seen the majority of these titles. I did finally watch Trick 'r Treat and I f'n LOVED it! 8/10

I also have to comment on The Girl Next Door. What a pile of steamin' horseshit this was. For the most part I agree with Arrow on his reviews but I just don't get this one. The only good thing about this shitfest was the acting. I don't know Ketchum's work, so maybe it just didn't translate well. I'm still dumbstruck with Arrow's review of this. This movie is complete garbage. 2/10

Oh yeah, finally watched Seed of Chucky and I loved it. Maybe my favorite of the franchise. 7/10
The Girl Next Door sucked ass imo!! I couldn't stand it. I actually laughed my way through it with the family I was watching it with. Seed of Chucky was okay, but I preferred the first four films over it by far.
Old 12-24-2011, 05:13 PM
I like The Girl Next Door, but I understand why someone would not care for it.

If you watch Ichi the Killer and like it, watch Visitor Q and Audition, by Miike.

Also: I Saw The Devil, Antibodies, Insidious, Behind the Mask, Satan's Little Helper, The Collector
Old 12-25-2011, 08:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lat er al View Post
I like The Girl Next Door, but I understand why someone would not care for it.

If you watch Ichi the Killer and like it, watch Visitor Q and Audition, by Miike.

Also: I Saw The Devil, Antibodies, Insidious, Behind the Mask, Satan's Little Helper, The Collector
I did finally watch Ichi the Killer and liked it alot. Loved Audition, have it in my collection. Visitor Q I haven't been able to track down. I have also seen Gozu (I think that's Miike?).

I really liked The Collector, and Insidious was ok. I plan on watching I Saw the Devil soon.

If I recall, I didn't care much for Behind the Mask. Been a while, maybe I'll give it another chance.
Old 12-26-2011, 04:47 PM
Ya Gozu is Miike, I haven't seen that yet though.

As for Behind the Mask...I think its really funny if you like to watch slashers, which I do. Satan's Little Helper is also a comedy so watch that if your in the mood for a laugh.

Also on Netflix...Amusement, I enjoyed that quite a bit.

And not on Netflix, I'm a big fan of the French movie INSIDE.