Old 01-12-2012, 01:46 PM
Is God Helping Tebow???

http://offthebench.nbcsports.com/201...icans/related/

Quote:
Poll: 43 percent of people think Tebow’s success is due to divine intervention … including 54 percent of Republicans
Rick Chandler

So it’s come to our attention that you’ve been taking this Tebow-divine intervention thing seriously all this time? Sigh.

Noticing a Tebowing craze that’s swept the world and the fact that the Broncos are still alive in the playoffs, the folks at the survey company Poll Position decided to find out exactly how many folks think that Tebow’s success is indeed due to the Lord’s intervention. Their findings.

Among those aware of the Tebow phenomenon, 43% said they believed divine intervention was at least partly responsible for his success. Forty-two percent disagreed, and 14% expressed no opinion.
Yep, more people (among those aware of Tebow) believe that God is influencing NFL games than don’t believe. But here are some interesting breakdowns of the survey:

The numbers fluctuate greatly with the age of the respondent. But when it’s broken down between races, 50.5 percent of African Americans said yes to divine intervention, to only 37.1 percent of Caucasians. And a whopping 81.3 percent of Hispanic respondents answered yes, God has a headset.

And among Republicans, 54.2 percent think God helps Tebow win. Among Democrats, it’s 38.2 percent.

Oh, and men are less likely (40.6 to 46.8) than women (46.4 to 37.3) to think that God has a Tebow poster on his wall.

Meanwhile an ESPN poll rated Tebow as America’s favorite athlete: the quickest a pro athlete has ever topped their survey.

Poll: 43 percent of people believe that Tim Tebow’s success is due to divine intervention [Sportress of Blogitude]

Normally, this is a sport thing, but Tebow transcends sports, so here is where I put it.

I am a Republican (old school) and I do not think God (if there really is one) is helping Tebow. If there is a God, I seriously doubt he or she would care about who won a football game. I think anyone who thinks God would be helping a guy win a football game is just silly. 43% WOW!

So if Rodgers is a Devil worshipper and he must be with his numbers, how many would think the Devil is helping him win?

So God is not willing to stop tsunamis, earthquakes, famine, war, tornandos, huge super storms or me, but he has time to help Tim Tebow? Sure, what the hell.
Old 01-12-2012, 02:08 PM
I won't deny that his religion has helped shape his confidence and determination, but c'mon...the Lord did not make Ike Taylor miss that tackle.
Old 01-12-2012, 02:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brando @$$ Fat View Post
I won't deny that his religion has helped shape his confidence and determination, but c'mon...the Lord did not make Ike Taylor miss that tackle.
video proof to the contrary
Old 01-12-2012, 02:21 PM
43% of people are retarded.
Old 01-12-2012, 04:05 PM
Considering that I have always hated Tebow and the Broncos, I vote that satan is helping him and his "tebowing" is just a mocking gesture to God from satan himself!
Old 01-12-2012, 04:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovieMaster View Post
Considering that I have always hated Tebow and the Broncos, I vote that satan is helping him and his "tebowing" is just a mocking gesture to God from satan himself!
I will fight you to the death!
En garde!
Old 01-12-2012, 05:28 PM
Having just recently moved to Colorado, I must say that I am sick and fucking tired of Tebow and "God's influence" on him. Ugh. People make Tebow out to be the next fucking messiah. It's disgusting. He's lucky. There.

Although, I shouldn't bitch too much because him doing what he does for the Broncos sure makes my bar busy which brings me money.

But on a side note, I'm pretty sure the Broncos have more to thank than just Tebow. Does anyone recognize this? Nope. It's all Tebow. It's stupid.
Old 01-12-2012, 06:32 PM
What does God need with a Tim Tebow?

Seriously, if God was involved, why couldn't he just make Tebow a skilled player?
Old 01-12-2012, 07:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badbird View Post
Seriously, if God was involved, why couldn't he just make Tebow a skilled player?

Or for once help the friggin Falcons not blow it right at the post season!
Old 01-12-2012, 08:17 PM
Old 01-12-2012, 09:26 PM
This is why I don't like sports.
Old 01-12-2012, 10:27 PM
Bullseye

Quote:
The funniest and most insightful thing I've ever read or heard about Tim Tebow.
Old 01-12-2012, 10:34 PM
Even Tebow himself would call this silly. God loves Tom Brady just as much as Tim Tebow. A father doesn't pick between his sons, period.
Old 01-12-2012, 10:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeChar4321 View Post
Even Tebow himself would call this silly. God loves Tom Brady just as much as Tim Tebow. A father doesn't pick between his sons, period.
AMEN..God loves everyone the same.
Old 01-12-2012, 11:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by A.J. Hakari View Post
What exactly do you mean? This kind of thing isn't exactly common. Tebow is pretty rare in this regard.
Old 01-12-2012, 11:25 PM
Quote:
What exactly do you mean? This kind of thing isn't exactly common. Tebow is pretty rare in this regard.
As far as the unbridled adulation, yes. As far as the godstuff, no. Kurt Warner was every bit the Jesus freak Tebow is, only difference was he could actually play the game well, but you didn't have throngs of idiots flipping out over him.

Just about every athlete goes out of their way to thank God for whatever, but for some reason, Tebow has really struck a nerve with everyone. I'm guessing it was the Bible verses he wrote on his face while in college. I'm sure that's exactly what Jesus had in mind.
Old 01-12-2012, 11:34 PM
Quote:
As far as the unbridled adulation, yes. As far as the godstuff, no. Kurt Warner was every bit the Jesus freak Tebow is, only difference was he could actually play the game well, but you didn't have throngs of idiots flipping out over him.

Just about every athlete goes out of their way to thank God for whatever, but for some reason, Tebow has really struck a nerve with everyone. I'm guessing it was the Bible verses he wrote on his face while in college. I'm sure that's exactly what Jesus had in mind.
I see what you mean, I just don't get not watching sports altogether because some people have a backwards view. Personally, I don't believe in the same divine nonsense as Tebow but I kind of like him anyway. He's gotten the most out of his limited ability and, more importantly, seems like a really good person. He's less annoying now than when he was in college.

I'll also add that Reggie White, one of the most famous defensive players in history, was a fucking nut when it came to this stuff.
Old 01-13-2012, 01:28 AM
Quote:
I see what you mean, I just don't get not watching sports altogether because some people have a backwards view.
Oh, I don't dislike sports because of people like Tebow.

If anything, I was just adding a snarky comment to a story that, plain and simple, is pants-on-head retarded.

But do allow me to explain myself.

I love movies. It's safe to say that a good 95% of my life involves film. I watch them, write about them, talk about them, and work in a video store, surrounded by them. I'm an unusual case, as a good chunk of folks see films as passing entertainments, but it's my life's work. It's how I roll, yo.

But just as some random schmoe would look at said love for cinema and shake his head in scorn/disbelief/hilarity, I cannot understand why there is such unbridled love, passion, and dedication for...a bunch of incredibly overpaid beefy guys running around with a ball.

I just don't get it. Football -- or, hell, sporting events in general -- are just about the most dull, uninteresting things I can imagine. Movies can pull in impressive audiences, but do sporting events pull in throngs of followers week after week, said fans are inspired to such outrageous lengths as beating the living shit out of someone else because they root for a different team, or, say, believe that the fucking ALMIGHTY is responsible for a single player's success.

You can probably find examples of similarly excessive acts in the world of film fandom, and you'd be 100% right. But it's odd that someone who tells me I waste my time with movies, then turns around and watches a bunch of guys running around a field for hours upon hours is more socially acceptable than vice versa.

Apologies for derailing the topic. You may resume your lives, citizens.
Old 01-13-2012, 02:08 AM
If God cared about sports at all Notre Dame wouldn't suck.
Old 01-13-2012, 08:12 AM
Of course, this question is presumptive that 'God' actually exists -- whereas I believe God and heaven were basically concepts devised by early man to make people less fearful of death and also as a convenient, quick fix for explaining more complicated questions about the world around them as well as the mysteries of the universe. So, no, God isn't helping Tebow; it's just a string of dumb luck.
Old 01-13-2012, 11:49 AM
I like Tebow but the dude needs to get laid. I think that will help him.
Old 01-13-2012, 03:43 PM
I think that it's disrespectful towards Tim Tebow to make a cultural phenomenon out of his prayer. If the man chooses to pray after/before scoring a goal, then that is his choice and I think that it's disrespecting him to parody that or turn that into the next "Chuck Norris"-esque meme. I also think that it's hilarious how religion has become so dogmatic to be seen as some divine force leading a football player to victory.

Oh, and I hate sports. I agree with everything that AJ has said.
Old 01-13-2012, 04:35 PM
No one would be talking about Tebow if he was praying to Allah each game.

Correction: The same people would be talking about him, only it would be about how he shouldn't be allowed to do that and how mediocre he is for a quarterback.
Old 01-13-2012, 04:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by the clever guy View Post
Having just recently moved to Colorado, I must say that I am sick and fucking tired of Tebow and "God's influence" on him. Ugh. People make Tebow out to be the next fucking messiah. It's disgusting. He's lucky. There.

Although, I shouldn't bitch too much because him doing what he does for the Broncos sure makes my bar busy which brings me money.

But on a side note, I'm pretty sure the Broncos have more to thank than just Tebow. Does anyone recognize this? Nope. It's all Tebow. It's stupid.
Don't get mad at Tebow man. He is a humble guy who always deflects credit to his teammate. Get pissed at the Media, there the ones who wont stop talking about him.

What part of CO you live in?
Im in Denver, if you bartend downtown Ill have to come by for a drink.
Old 01-13-2012, 04:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilpesh View Post
how mediocre he is for a quarterback.
I'll fight you too!
Prepare you anus!
Old 01-13-2012, 04:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilpesh View Post
No one would be talking about Tebow if he was praying to Allah each game.

Correction: The same people would be talking about him, only it would be about how he shouldn't be allowed to do that and how mediocre he is for a quarterback.
I agree with everything in this Post.
Old 01-13-2012, 05:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisoGenie View Post
I agree with everything in this Post.
your next then
Old 01-13-2012, 05:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by echo_bravo View Post
I like Tebow but the dude needs to get laid. I think that will help him.
Katy Perry's parents are supposedly pushing her towards him, so...he might go from 0 to 95 in very short order.
Old 01-13-2012, 06:42 PM
Since God is imaginary and the bible a work of fiction, I'm going to say no.
Old 01-13-2012, 07:40 PM
In case no one has seen the video yet, Jimmy Fallon presents David Bowie + Tebow = Tebowie. Even if you don't like Fallon, the video is funny.

Bowie + Tebow = Tebowie

Last edited by edonline; 01-13-2012 at 07:42 PM..
Old 01-13-2012, 10:17 PM
God no.

If he uses religion as a reason to do his best and accomplish his goals, then good on him for finding a way to be successful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.J. Hakari View Post

One of many reasons for me.
Old 01-14-2012, 12:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fixedMind View Post
your next then
Old 01-14-2012, 05:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck Turgidson View Post
Katy Perry's parents are supposedly pushing her towards him, so...he might go from 0 to 95 in very short order.
Haha
I did a google search and you are correct.

Katy Perry and Tim Tebow: Not since Adam and Eve has a couple seemed so divinely meant to be. According to OK! magazine, the newly single pop star’s parents are trying to orchestrate a meeting between her and the Broncos quarterback at their California church.
A source told the tabloid that Perry, who’s getting divorced from Russell Brand, “mentioned on more than one occasion how much she likes Tim.” His selling points: “He’s handsome, charming, intelligent and above all, a good Christian.”

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/entertai...ade-in-heaven/
Old 01-14-2012, 08:37 AM
...this is quite an interesting society we live in.
Old 01-14-2012, 08:50 AM
Quote:
your next then
If you're expecting me to prepare my anus, I'll pull a goatsee on ya!

Quote:
Katy Perry and Tim Tebow: Not since Adam and Eve has a couple seemed so divinely meant to be. According to OK! magazine, the newly single pop star’s parents are trying to orchestrate a meeting between her and the Broncos quarterback at their California church.
A source told the tabloid that Perry, who’s getting divorced from Russell Brand, “mentioned on more than one occasion how much she likes Tim.” His selling points: “He’s handsome, charming, intelligent and above all, a good Christian.”

So, like...a musician who sells primarily on sex-appeal and catchy tunes (about sexual promiscuity) thinks that she's a good Christian? This is just as irritating as those girls flashing their boobies on Girls Gone Wild with a cross between them.

Last edited by MisoGenie; 01-14-2012 at 08:53 AM..
Old 01-14-2012, 09:30 AM
Quote:
So, like...a musician who sells primarily on sex-appeal and catchy tunes (about sexual promiscuity) thinks that she's a good Christian? This is just as irritating as those girls flashing their boobies on Girls Gone Wild with a cross between them.
I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks that was stupid. Not to mention (supposedly) the entire reason she left Brand was because she didn't want to settle down and have a family.
Old 01-14-2012, 12:48 PM
I really admire Tebow and his accomplishments. As another poster said, blame the media on this over-exagerrated "Divine NFL intervention", not the man. He's humble, he's a skilled player, and I admire a man with such strong convictions (I'm a Christian myself but even if I were atheist I'd feel the same).

I also find it funny about the whole "316 completion yards" (John 3:16)
Old 01-14-2012, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Haha
I did a google search and you are correct.
I try to stay current on the really important things going on in the world...
Old 01-14-2012, 02:08 PM
Quote:
Lmao! The ending to that was hilarious. Its all just an EA Sports games being played by God & Satan.
Old 01-14-2012, 03:12 PM
Quote:
If you're expecting me to prepare my anus, I'll pull a goatsee on ya!