Old 09-17-2012, 04:17 PM
Dragon Age III: Inquisition

Quote:
Dragon Age III: Inquisition hitting late 2013
September 17, 2012 8:15AM PDT

By Eddie Makuch, News Editor

BioWare announces next entry in role-playing game series; will run on new engine, offer bigger worlds, improved visuals, more "reactivity" to choices, and deeper customization; Dragon Age series sales hit 8 million.

BioWare officially announced the next entry in the Dragon Age series today. Writing on the BioWare website, executive producer Mark Darrah revealed the project as Dragon Age III: Inquisition.

Due out in late 2013, Dragon Age III: Inquisition will run on a new engine, with the team at BioWare using DICE's Frostbite 2 as a foundation. This engine will allow the company to build a "more expansive world" with improved visuals, more "reactivity" to player choices, and deeper customization options.

It was not mentioned which platforms Dragon Age III: Inquisition is in development for, and as of press time, neither outfit responded to GameSpot's request for comment. Next-generation consoles from Microsoft and Sony are rumored to be on store shelves during late 2013.

Darrah further explained that much of the same team that has been working on Dragon Age since Dragon Age: Origins remains on board for Dragon Age III: Inquisition. In addition to the veteran developers, he noted that BioWare has added new talent as well.

Dragon Age III: Inquisition is in development at BioWare Edmonton and BioWare Montreal.

The game's announcement today comes as little surprise. BioWare has been openly hiring for Dragon Age III since May 2011. Additionally, the company spoke at PAX East in April and not-so-subtly suggested that co-op gameplay was planned for the next entry in the series.

Darrah added that fan feedback and communication is important to BioWare with Dragon Age III: Inquisition. He said BioWare is aiming to be "as open as we can" regarding development on the project, and said gamers should always feel free to provide feedback.

Lastly, in an accompanying press release, publisher Electronic Arts revealed that the Dragon Age series has now moved over 8 million units. The franchise launched in 2009 with Dragon Age: Origins, with a sequel in Dragon Age II arriving in 2011.
Source

So tossing Co op eh? Could be good. I enjoyed Origins but didn't care for DA II all that much. Hopefully this is get back more to what made the first one good. I'd like them to expand their skill trees as well. Can't recall II's trees but Origins was pretty limited once you figured out that each one was supposed to be a different type of each of the classes (Two H weapon/Dual Wield/Stick and Board Warriors for example).
Old 09-17-2012, 04:36 PM
I loved the original game. I bought the second one on sale, but haven't played it yet. I'll likely wait for this one to come down in price as well, I can't afford to buy many games at retail price, but I'll certainly check it out at some point.
Old 09-17-2012, 05:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveyJoeG View Post
I loved the original game. I bought the second one on sale, but haven't played it yet. I'll likely wait for this one to come down in price as well, I can't afford to buy many games at retail price, but I'll certainly check it out at some point.
The second one is alright but it definitly has a more narrow focus and the combat system was tweaked if i recall. Also i remember hearing that the other chracters are pale comparisons to the gems they had in Origins.
Old 09-19-2012, 09:45 PM
I didn't like the 2nd one from what I saw/heard (cousin and a couple friends played it). However, I LOVED the first one. Think it's one of Bioware's more underrated games. It might actually be my favorite Bioware game. So naturally, I'll pay close attention to this one.
Old 09-24-2012, 07:01 PM
I'm in.

Loved Dragon Age. Probably in my top ten of all time.

Dragon Age 2, was a very good game whose only real fault was having Dragon Age in the title and maybe being a bit too long.
Old 09-30-2012, 03:02 PM
I liked the first Dragon Age and Awakening, but I really hated DA2. I have low expectations fot the third and I might skip it unless the reviews are amazingly positive.
Old 10-23-2012, 12:19 PM
Some new info and concept art on Gamespot:

Quote:
BioWare releases Dragon Age III: Inquisition concept art
October 22, 2012 5:43AM PDT

New renders for upcoming role-playing game show off sprawling environments, castle set in the mountains; players may be able to control castles in new game.

BioWare has released new concept art for Dragon Age III: Inquisition, giving gamers a first look inside the upcoming role-playing game's universe. The three shots, embedded below, show sprawling outdoor and indoor environments, as well as a castle set on a rocky mountain.

Dragon Age III: Inquisition was announced in September. The game will run on a new engine, with the team at BioWare using DICE's Frostbite 2 as a foundation. The engine will allow BioWare to build a "more expansive world" with improved visuals, more "reactivity" to player choices, and deeper customization options.

Elsewhere, BioWare shared further insight into Dragon Age III: Inquisition during a panel at the Edmonton Comic & Entertainment Expo this weekend. Producer Cameron Lee relayed the discussion via his Twitter feed, revealing a number of insights into the game, the first of which is that players may be able to control castles in the new game.

It was also confirmed that the main protagonist in Dragon Age III: Inquisition will be a human. Customization in the new game, spanning players and followers, is reportedly going to be "bigger" than past games. Additionally, BioWare claimed that "just one level in Dragon Age III is as big as all of Dragon Age II's levels."
Source

The art:

===================

So from whats written there this is probably going to be a crazy good game. I bolded the part i liked the best at the end there, heh.
Old 10-23-2012, 01:00 PM
Looks good, but I'm disappointed that they're straying away from the character customization. I enjoyed replaying the first Dragon Age as characters from different races and backgrounds.
Old 11-03-2012, 10:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveyJoeG View Post
Looks good, but I'm disappointed that they're straying away from the character customization. I enjoyed replaying the first Dragon Age as characters from different races and backgrounds.
I actually didn't really like that all that much. I hate feeling required to go play every intro story just to know what's going on in each area.

Being able to customize race/sex/appearance though is great. Just don't give me 5 different stories to worry about.
Old 11-28-2012, 06:19 PM
Some interesting info on Gamespot

Quote:
Dragon Age III for next-gen in 2014?

November 28, 2012 12:46PM PST

EA employee LinkedIn page suggests upcoming role-playing game in development for unannounced future consoles.

When Electronic Arts officially announced Dragon Age III: Inquisition in September, the company did so without specifying platforms. Now, it has been suggested that the upcoming role-playing game, officially due late 2013, could land on still-unannounced next-generation systems from Microsoft and Sony.

The LinkedIn resume of an EA Shanghai employee (spotted by Superannuation) states the scope of Dragon Age III: Inquisition has changed, and it is now planned for next-generation consoles. Additionally, this employee says the game has been "postponed" to 2014.

An EA representative was not immediately available for comment.

Dragon Age III: Inquisition is the third entry in BioWare's role-playing game series. It follows 2009's Dragon Age: Origins and 2011's Dragon Age II. In all, the series has sold more than 8 million units.

Last month, BioWare released concept art for Dragon Age III: Inquisition, followed by the first, albeit blurry, screenshot earlier this month.
So assuming this is credible we may not get the game until the next gen is out.
Old 11-28-2012, 09:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vesaker View Post
Some interesting info on Gamespot

So assuming this is credible we may not get the game until the next gen is out.
I hope the gameplay isn't console oriented like DA2 was. =(