Go Back   Movie Fan Central Discussion Forums > Movie Talk! > General Movie Talk
MOVIE FAN CENTRAL FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-19-2013, 08:01 PM
Dear OLD sexless virgin loser Star Trek fans stop complaining!

Quit complaining about JJ Abrams Star Trek reboot. Star Trek (2009) & Into Darkness are fucking awesome summer films!!

This isn't your daddies' Star Trek folks. This is the new & improved Star Trek. The special effects are better and so is the acting. And the humor is great too. Sure the old Star Trek could be funny but it was more unintentional humor.

I'm sick of going onto movie message boards and hearing these butthurt OLD Star Trek fans that are in their 40s (and probably typing from their mom's basement) complaining about how JJ ruined their childhood show. Get over it nerds!

These new Star Trek films are the best and I have no doubt the third one will be the best.

As for JJ handling Star Wars, I too am skeptical. It seems like it might be too much for one dude like JJ to take on two huge franchises. But if his Star Wars films are anything like the Star Trek films then we are in for a real treat.
Old 06-19-2013, 08:09 PM

Old 06-19-2013, 08:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by God of War View Post
Haha
Old 06-19-2013, 08:22 PM
Old 06-19-2013, 08:34 PM
In all seriousness, (new star trek vs old star trek) this is how I see it...

Spoiler:
Old 06-20-2013, 06:54 AM
haha you're alright in my book God of War.

What do you think of the new Star Trek films?
Old 06-20-2013, 05:58 PM

Last edited by oh-dae-su; 06-20-2013 at 06:01 PM..
Old 06-20-2013, 06:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosie View Post
Quit complaining about JJ Abrams Star Trek reboot. Star Trek (2009) & Into Darkness are fucking awesome summer films!!
We have every right to complain. He took a franchise that was very near and dear to our hearts and completely betrayed all traces of it solely to make money from people like you.

Quote:
This isn't your daddies' Star Trek folks. This is the new & improved Star Trek. The special effects are better and so is the acting. And the humor is great too. Sure the old Star Trek could be funny but it was more unintentional humor.
This is the definitive couple of sentences where you solidify how unknowledgeable you are. It is very clear you have at the most, seen a clip of the original series online and just laughed at it for being dated. I'm gonna take a wild guess and say you've never watched TNG or DS9 but you'll just reply and say that you have to look like you're informed. Maybe you'll go to Wikipedia and pull a couple of characters' names off so it looks like you know something about a topic you actually don't know a thing about since you refer to it as "the old Star Trek" when there are six series. As for the unintentional humor, well TOS was made in the 60s, of course some of it will be a little goofy 40 years later. As for TNG-Enterprise, all of them hold up extremely well and are more deep on a level that Jar Jar Abrams obviously didn't understand with Into Darkness? "Well, in Wrath of Khan, Spock dies for some reason. Uhh, hmm. We'll just have Kirk die and we'll have Spock yell "Khan" since people know that."

Quote:
I'm sick of going onto movie message boards and hearing these butthurt OLD Star Trek fans that are in their 40s (and probably typing from their mom's basement) complaining about how JJ ruined their childhood show. Get over it nerds!
So, you're stereotyping an entire fandom because you're not smart enough to get it. So everyone who is passionate about something that you don't like is automatically a "nerd." You're not smart enough to understand where they're coming from and blindly assume that they're complaining over things that don't matter. They don't matter to YOU because you just don't get it.

Quote:
These new Star Trek films are the best and I have no doubt the third one will be the best.
Actually, Abrams embarrassments are the worst of the bunch. But somehow I take it these are the only Star Trek films you've seen. I'm gonna take a wild guess and say you've never seen Search for Spock or the Voyage Home or the Undiscovered Country. You'll come back and say that you've seen Wrath of Khan but we both know you haven't.

You've been on here a month and you have embarrassed yourself on a level that you will never recover from. It's obvious that you have absolutely zero idea of what you're talking about and blindly assume that whatever you don't understand is just stupid and people should think more like you. Enjoy the hole you've dug yourself in.
Old 06-20-2013, 06:34 PM
Quote:
Well that goes for most "movie fans" online. Reboot anything and they start losing their mind, how dare they remake a 30(!) year old movie without consulting them first. Why can't Hollywood be more original, like making Ghostbusters 3 - with Bill Murray of course - or a Justice League movie.
Old 06-20-2013, 06:38 PM
Actually I've seen MOST of the Star Trek films. I prefer the new and improved Star Trek films that JJ has brilliantly brought us.
Old 06-20-2013, 07:00 PM
Quote:
Actually I've seen MOST of the Star Trek films. I prefer the new and improved Star Trek films that JJ has brilliantly brought us.
Brilliant? LOL.
Old 06-20-2013, 10:16 PM
Quote:
haha you're alright in my book God of War.
Thanks. But which book is that exactly?

Quote:
What do you think of the new Star Trek films?
To be perfectly honest, blunt and up front in only a few sentences. I will give you my thoughts on the question. I have not seen the 2nd film yet. so, no comment. But I plan to at some point or another. It does look like a lot of fun. While I did enjoy the first film to a minimal degree, I am not really a fan of the new generation like I am the older ones. Which is quite ironic, because I really think the new Trek cast is superb. I think that JJ's vision, whether it be a reboot, re-imagining, sequel, prequel, et all, is well done.

And I am not going to say that it has ruined the older generation's Trek for the fans out there. Because it hasn't. If anything it has breathed new life into the iconic franchise. And alot of new Trek fans have been the result. I have loved Trek ever since I was an infant almost. Trek is a part of me almost. I have seen all Trek countless times. I own just about all of it, including all of the series, animated series, films, plus the well made fan productions. I have never ever gotten sick and tired, or bored of Trek, and never ever will. I love it. So, in saying that, I feel that the original Trek all the way through to the 10th motion picture starring the last Trek crew is and always be my personal Trek.

No doubt I will enjoy JJ's new film, and I'm all for a 3rd if it's in the cards. Originally, I was disgusted by the notion of a new Trek film back in 2008 when I read about the upcoming film. I thought how dare they touch immortal classic stuff like that. But I have had a big change of heart on the subject since then. I think it's great to keep this more than iconic franchise alive. Sure, it's all about making some money too, and keeping the fans happy. But at the end of the day, new Trek or old Trek. It's all Trek. And that is cool in my books. And not for one moment do I think that either generation tarnishes the other in any way.

As Spock would say; "Live Long & Prosper"

Last edited by God of War; 06-20-2013 at 10:22 PM..
Old 06-20-2013, 10:45 PM
As a 26 year old movie goer who isn't that big of a fan of the Star Trek series, I enjoyed the 2009 film a lot, but found the sequel to be fairly mediocre. Why? Well, since Abrams wants to do this "new and improved" update to Star Trek; why did he feel the need to
Spoiler:
take pieces of Wrath of Kahn and throw it all over his film? I never even seen Wrath of Kahn (though I know mostly what happens in it)and having those parts in Into Darkness just took me out of the film.

Abrams wants to be more modern with his Star Trek? Great, then he shouldn't have gone back picking out of the old barrel.
Old 06-21-2013, 01:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-dae-su View Post
Brilliant? LOL.
well I thought they were quite brilliant but too each his own I guess.

Star Trek 2009 10/10
Into Darkness 9/10

Cant wait for the 3rd installment.
Old 06-21-2013, 01:37 AM
Quote:

You've been on here a month and you have embarrassed yourself on a level that you will never recover from.
lol OH NOES whatever will I do now?!?! lol

All I've been doing is stating my opinion. Its cute though how worked up its got ya though haha.

I cant help but picture oh dae su as this guy
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	make-love-not-warcraft.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	74.8 KB
ID:	12488  
Old 06-21-2013, 06:19 AM
Your maturity knows no bounds!

Old 06-21-2013, 06:59 AM
HE STARTED IT
Old 06-21-2013, 09:48 AM
I love how you haven't refuted a single point I've made and instead have gone "Well, it's my opinion and if you don't agree THEN YOU'RE JUST A FAT VIRGIN NERD."

I'm sure you'll last long on this site, kid.
Old 06-21-2013, 12:26 PM
The new Star Trek films are Star Trek in name only. Are they enjoyable summer sci fi action movies? You betcha. Are they good Star Trek movies? Fuck no.

They just used the name to rake in the money to be honest. Just another victim of the gritty reboot syndrome (GRS).
Old 06-21-2013, 12:52 PM
oh-dae-su's butt is quite hurt. I think he fails to understand that J.J. Abrams isn't making movies for the fans of the original series. And, of course, if it's not accurate to the Star Trek lore, it must be terrible.

oh-dae-su, you're not proving the OP wrong.

Tapatalking from my bed. Ya mutha says hi.
Old 06-21-2013, 03:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by magjournal View Post
oh-dae-su's butt is quite hurt. I think he fails to understand that J.J. Abrams isn't making movies for the fans of the original series. And, of course, if it's not accurate to the Star Trek lore, it must be terrible.

oh-dae-su, you're not proving the OP wrong.

So, because I have a negative response to something, I'm automatically "butthurt." That's a sad excuse and you should think of a better one.

I swear it's like you just didn't even read any my points and went "Nah, too long. I'll just write that he's butthurt." If Jar Jar isn't making a Star Trek movie for Star Trek fans, then don't call it Star Trek. I swear it's like a couple paragraphs are too much for some people to read. I don't even care if you disagree with me, just try to respond mildly like an adult instead of just re-writing an overused statement. Of course, you probably haven't read all this and will just respond with "lol butthurt."
Old 06-21-2013, 03:38 PM
Quote:
I love how you haven't refuted a single point I've made and instead have gone "Well, it's my opinion and if you don't agree THEN YOU'RE JUST A FAT VIRGIN NERD."

I'm sure you'll last long on this site, kid.
You haven't refuted shit either so get over yourself. I've stated my love for the new Star Trek films and all you've done is accuse me of never seeing any of the older Star Trek films which is untrue. I've seen most of them.

And I'm glad someone else sees how butthut this dude is lol.
Old 06-21-2013, 03:43 PM
Stop using butthurt, you sound like a 13 yr old
Old 06-21-2013, 03:43 PM
Quote:
You haven't refuted shit either so get over yourself. I've stated my love for the new Star Trek films and all you've done is accuse me of never seeing any of the older Star Trek films which is untrue. I've seen most of them.

Because you haven't claimed anything. So far, the only thing you've stated was "All Star Trek fans are fat and virgins and nerds if they don't like the new Abrams movie." If you had just stated your opinion and why you didn't get why Trek fans didn't like it, I wouldn't even bother replying because you acted at least a bit adult, but you haven't. You hid behind corners and just insulted me because I had a negative reaction. It is obvious by the title of the thread and the original post itself that you just didn't know how to handle the situation.

Last edited by oh-dae-su; 06-21-2013 at 06:54 PM..
Old 06-21-2013, 03:50 PM
Quote:

Are you serious right now? I seriously can't tell. I know it's the rant section, but you can't just call an entire demographic of Star Trek fans sexless virgin losers just because JJ Abrams created a movie that didn't hold true to a single Star Trek value. And then on top of that, you can't just call anyone who disagrees with you "butthurt".
Old 06-21-2013, 07:28 PM
Quote:
So, because I have a negative response to something, I'm automatically "butthurt." That's a sad excuse and you should think of a better one.

I swear it's like you just didn't even read any my points and went "Nah, too long. I'll just write that he's butthurt." If Jar Jar isn't making a Star Trek movie for Star Trek fans, then don't call it Star Trek. I swear it's like a couple paragraphs are too much for some people to read. I don't even care if you disagree with me, just try to respond mildly like an adult instead of just re-writing an overused statement. Of course, you probably haven't read all this and will just respond with "lol butthurt."
Relax, man, I'm just busting your chops. But you're not proving me wrong.

Old 06-22-2013, 12:53 AM
Dear Bosie,

Accept the other side of the argument.

Signed,
Everyone else on this fucking website.
Old 06-22-2013, 12:24 PM
Quote:
too each his own I guess.
Can we skip to the end and close the thread on this note? This is the only place it's going to end up...

well, close it after this:

to*

Old 06-22-2013, 12:25 PM
Countdown to Bosie's extinction begins with this thread....

I like both the old Trek flicks and Abrams' two new ones. I'm notta die hard Trek fan though!
Old 06-22-2013, 10:42 PM
Into Darkness is one of the best Star Wars movie ever.

Maybe, maybe, if JJ Abrams wasn't still going around and telling anyone who would listen about how much he wasn't a Star Trek fan, I would cut him some slack, but the guy and his hack writers clearly have no respect for the series, so fuck him.

Last edited by Badbird; 06-24-2013 at 11:07 PM..
Old 06-24-2013, 07:50 PM
The thing about the Star Trek gritty reboots is that the filmmakers didn't just have the movies go back in time and retell the story, they had the characters do it. It makes sense to me that, as the story unfolds, we're seeing the familiar retold. It's like when you dream about what happened to you earlier that day, and I think it's a good direction for the story to go. I grew up on Star Trek, but even I have to admit that the series and the movies had been getting steadily worse over time, so the Abrams reboots were just what it needed.

I see no reason why we need to like one or the other, the new or the old, the Quinto or the Nimoy. There's plenty of room to like them both, for their own reasons.
Old 06-24-2013, 09:29 PM
You guys scared Bosie off
Old 06-24-2013, 09:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badbird View Post
Into Darkness is one of the best Star Wars movie ever.
Co-Sign.
Old 11-06-2013, 05:40 AM
The op seems more like a troll than anything but I will comment none the less. I like the new Star Trek movies though they could cut down on the lens flares a bit, I mean, seriously. I know it's stylistic but calm down with it already. Outside of that, I'm good with them.