Go Back   Movie Fan Central Discussion Forums > Movie Talk! > Celeb Talk/Gossip
MOVIE FAN CENTRAL FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-14-2012, 09:05 PM
Glenn Beck Says George Lucas Should Be "Tried for Movie Crimes"

Glenn Beck took some time from talking about President Obama on his radio show to make a few comments about George Lucas and his two movies, the 3D re-release of "Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace" and "Red Tails." To summarize... Beck's not happy. "Here's an idea, why don't the people at your little ranch, why don't they use all the CGI to make you (Lucas) go away. You're wrecking good movies," he said. "I don’t know how he does it. You can take somebody like Natalie Portman and all of a sudden she's awful on screen? Awful!”

Beck went on to trash Jake Lloyd's performance as the young Anakin Skywalker. "[Lucas] could have gotten any kid – any kid – Jesus. Jesus could have been teaching at the temple, on the stairs, and they could have said, 'Hang on, we've been looking for you because George Lucas wants you to play Anakin Skywalker,' and Jesus would have said yes to that. Who does he get? He gets the worst actor on the planet. This is one of the worst movies I have ever seen in my life."

Regarding "Red Tails," Beck said: "I would like him at least tried for movie crimes. I'm not going for the death penalty, but you could talk me into it. I saw 'Red Tails,' which is one of the best stories, and I think all of the Tuskegee Airmen should come back and just riddle his compound."

Source: THR

Old 02-14-2012, 09:13 PM
...and what's the deal with Yo-Yos?
Old 02-14-2012, 09:51 PM
Err, yeah, Lucas is wrecking the Phantom Menace with its 3D conversion.
Old 02-14-2012, 10:05 PM
....................................where was he 14 years ago?
Old 02-15-2012, 06:48 AM
Why doesn't that whackjob go back to thinking up crackpot conspiracy theories against all Christian Americans?
Old 02-15-2012, 09:13 AM
He should be tried for faking news
Old 02-15-2012, 09:42 AM
I don't like Glenn Beck at all (who does?), but George Lucas should have some warning placed against him to never modify/release the Star Wars films again, at least for another decade. I'm so sick of hearing about these films being put on special edition, and then Blu-Ray, and now 3D. I know that I'm just repeating what everybody else says about them, but it truly is irritating.
Old 02-15-2012, 05:41 PM
He does know that The Phantom Menace is a 13 year old movie, right? At first I was going to make a joke about not knowing who to root for in this debate and how torn I was, but this is just fucking stupid, even for Beck.

What's next, jokes about how hard it is to program a VCR?
Old 02-15-2012, 06:20 PM
Glenn Beck "should" choke to death on an Elk schlong
Old 02-15-2012, 06:57 PM
A broken clock is right at least twice.
Old 02-15-2012, 07:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by God of War View Post

Glenn Beck took some time from talking about President Obama on his radio show to make a few comments about George Lucas and his two movies, the 3D re-release of "Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace" and "Red Tails." To summarize... Beck's not happy. "Here's an idea, why don't the people at your little ranch, why don't they use all the CGI to make you (Lucas) go away. You're wrecking good movies," he said. "I don’t know how he does it. You can take somebody like Natalie Portman and all of a sudden she's awful on screen? Awful!”
So Glenn Beck thought the prequels were good movies?
Old 02-15-2012, 07:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisoGenie View Post
I don't like Glenn Beck at all (who does?), but George Lucas should have some warning placed against him to never modify/release the Star Wars films again, at least for another decade. I'm so sick of hearing about these films being put on special edition, and then Blu-Ray, and now 3D. I know that I'm just repeating what everybody else says about them, but it truly is irritating.
I whole-heartedly agree with everything you said here. But you don't dare tell that to an overly-obsessive Star Wars fan. They would go off big-time I think. Haha...
Old 02-15-2012, 09:02 PM
Way to have your finger on the pulse of Hollywood, Glenn.
Old 02-15-2012, 09:54 PM
I think what Glenn Beck said about both of those movies is spot on.

Worst Nat Portman movie or acting in her career??? You know damn well it is Star Wars.

I did not see Red Tails yet, but I was told by a friend who did that is was sad when compared to the HBO movie. As a black man, he was insulted. I am not sure how he was, but I will trust him.

I do find it funny how you people react to Beck.
Old 02-15-2012, 10:50 PM
"You people"?
Old 02-15-2012, 11:15 PM
Nobody says Lucas made masterpieces of the prequels. But Captain Obvious Beck decided to be critical a decade after the rest the free world did.
Old 02-16-2012, 04:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by electriclite View Post
A broken clock is right at least twice.
Pretty much.

This is all just a horrible quandry for me. I suggest they settle it, mano a mano with butter knives.
Old 02-16-2012, 05:19 PM
Glenn Beck went on to say that The Godfather is "really good!"
Old 02-16-2012, 05:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erroneous View Post
I think what Glenn Beck said about both of those movies is spot on.

I do find it funny how you people react to Beck.
He's right about the movie sucking, but he's preaching to the choir. The stuff about movie crimes is hyperbole that's only fitting for an internet discussion board.
Old 02-17-2012, 11:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveyJoeG View Post
He's right about the movie sucking, but he's preaching to the choir. The stuff about movie crimes is hyperbole that's only fitting for an internet discussion board.
Yeah, but he was not talking to the people of Joblo.com. He is talking to crazy ass white people who think Obama is a muslim..... what the hell they think. These people are not the choir. They are people who were burning crosses and telling people to squeal like a pig when episode 1 was out. I kid, but seriously, Beck is talking topical stuff and this is topical. He is also a bit of a goof and not speaking to the movie community. It is like when Entertainment Weekly comes out with these "best of" lists. They have no fucking clue. I rip EW for their content, not the topic.

And Yeah, YOU PEOPLE.
Old 02-17-2012, 12:16 PM
I don't care about what Glenn Beck says about anything; never have, never will. The man is a fear-mongering tool and the last thing I care about is what he thinks about movies or the people that make them.
Old 02-17-2012, 10:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigred760 View Post
I don't care about what Glenn Beck says about anything; never have, never will. The man is a fear-mongering tool and the last thing I care about is what he thinks about movies or the people that make them.
+1
Old 02-18-2012, 02:11 AM
Glen who?
Old 02-18-2012, 02:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovemovies View Post
Glen who?
Glen Shit-4-Brains
Old 02-18-2012, 12:20 PM
Quote:
Yeah, but he was not talking to the people of Joblo.com.
No, but when it's introduced into the forum for discussion, we become the audience, and you were discussing the reaction of other schmoes. That's why I said he was preaching to the choir, nobody here is really impressed with this statement because they have all felt that way since 1999. Also, something tells me that most schmoes don't like Glenn Beck.

Quote:
He is talking to crazy ass white people who think Obama is a muslim..... what the hell they think. These people are not the choir. They are people who were burning crosses and telling people to squeal like a pig when episode 1 was out. I kid, but seriously, Beck is talking topical stuff and this is topical. He is also a bit of a goof and not speaking to the movie community. It is like when Entertainment Weekly comes out with these "best of" lists. They have no fucking clue. I rip EW for their content, not the topic.
This made me laugh, I agree with you about Entertainment Weekly.