Go Back   Movie Fan Central Discussion Forums > Movie Talk! > Horror Movie talk
MOVIE FAN CENTRAL FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-16-2011, 06:07 PM
10 Best Found Footage Horror Films You've NEVER Seen

While most people are aware of the popular films in the genre that include ‘Paranormal Activity’, ‘Blair Witch’ and ‘The Last Exorcism’ among others, I’m not here to list that. Hell, I’m not even here to list some of the less famous but excellent ones like ‘Rec’ (which you must watch). After months of hunting down and watching countless bad to good movies that the found-footage sub-genre has to offer, I bring you the 10 most obscure gems that you’ve most likely never seen. If you thought ‘Paranormal Activity’ was scary, wait till you see what other low-budget indies do with the format.

Old 12-17-2011, 04:55 PM
Thanks for sharing.

Awesome list. Unfortunately most of these are almost impossible to find without hunting around in sketchy sites.

Troll Hunter is on NF and is pretty good. Very original.

Oh yeah, REC and REC2 are both awesome. Can't wait for pt 3.

Not a traditional found footage movie but THESIS from Spain is damn good. Check it out if you haven't already.
Old 01-31-2012, 05:06 PM
I haven't seen most of these films, but I'll be watching them this week!

I've seen Megan Is Missing. It's one of the few movies that stuck with me as the credits rolled. I think it's just because I picked it at random on Netflix. I had NO idea what it was about or what kind of film it was. Either way at one point it took a left turn and caught me off guard. Great film.