Old 02-08-2012, 03:32 PM
Army of the Dead???

It has recently been announced that the sequel to Zack Syder's remake of Dawn of the Dead has very little chance of reaching conception. What says you folks about this? Although I have fond memories of the DoD remake, I don't know how I would feel about a sequel to it, especially with the synopsis given via the director's mouth:

Quote:
"There's an extra dimension to this zombie film, because they…. they…. I'm still wondering if I should tell this…. the male zombies rape human females. Yes. And they have human hybrid zombie offsprings. It's a new take on the zombie genre, which is crazy."
How whack do rapist zombies sound to you folks!? I don't like the sound of the director of The Thing's threemake behind this, but I suppose that it won't matter now.

Oh, and I found and quoted this from the JoBlo main page, but I closed the tab and don't feel like searching for it again, so there's your citation.
Old 02-08-2012, 04:00 PM
Was reading this yesterday and it just sounds wrong...

There was a movie that came out last year "Chillerama", a portion of the movie deals with sex-crazed zombies and that's all I could think about while reading the Army of the Dead plot details. And for anybody that's seen Chillerama, you know just how ridiculous this idea is and I'm happy the studios arn't moving forward with this.

The Dawn of the Dead remake set itself up PERFECTLY for a sequel, why the hell would they feel the need to go this route. Doesn't make sense and almost seems like a joke since the movie isn't happening anyway. Yeah, I'll go with that, I'm just going to believe this was all a joke, it'll help me sleep better at night...
Old 02-08-2012, 06:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MistAh BlistAh View Post
Was reading this yesterday and it just sounds wrong...

There was a movie that came out last year "Chillerama", a portion of the movie deals with sex-crazed zombies and that's all I could think about while reading the Army of the Dead plot details. And for anybody that's seen Chillerama, you know just how ridiculous this idea is and I'm happy the studios arn't moving forward with this.

The Dawn of the Dead remake set itself up PERFECTLY for a sequel, why the hell would they feel the need to go this route. Doesn't make sense and almost seems like a joke since the movie isn't happening anyway. Yeah, I'll go with that, I'm just going to believe this was all a joke, it'll help me sleep better at night...
Snyder's Dawn really did set itself up perfectly for a sequel, and I'm not sure why they would choose to focus on a new set of characters. I was actually really attached to those in that film and would love to see their return/hate to see them die off at the merciless hands of zombis. Alas, all that could have been.
Old 02-10-2012, 02:23 AM
Given Zombies are dead and hence have no bloodflow, how the hell would they get it up to fuck??????
Old 02-10-2012, 10:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hrdude View Post
Given Zombies are dead and hence have no bloodflow, how the hell would they get it up to fuck??????
Point well made! I'd never thought of that before! I've seen a few films where the zombis got it on with each other, but neve before one with zombi rape! I don't know exactly how I feel about this one, especially being how it was described and the mouth of which it came from...Not that it really matters anymore.