#401  
Old 08-27-2012, 12:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Kenshin View Post
Same. Knew it was gonna happen. Posted about it after the 2nd episode I think. But I was a bit surprised by HOW it happened. I wonder if Walt's remorse was legit or not. No reason to lie at that point, right? I kinda figured he would be more cold-blooded about it.
Spoiler:
I think that was the whole idea of Walt's reasoning to Jessie in the fight that they had. Almost every action that he's made has been something that lead to a better course of action. it was necessary for Walt's path, which also showed how bloated his ego has been.

When he killed Mike, however, it all stemmed from his "Grey Matter" ego. He has been belittled to Mike from the get-go and that's where the mistake from shooting Mike comes from. Everything Mike said before was completely on point, as shown through Walt's "Da fuck did I shoot him for" look post-shooting. He acted completely on impulse and ange due to a bruised ego, as opposed from his other moments of killing somebody
.

God damn, what a fucking show!
Reply With Quote
  #402  
Old 08-27-2012, 01:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Kenshin View Post
I love the development of the Walt/Mike conflict.

I hate that I'm fairly confident Walt is going to win.
Hated it when I posted it back in July, and still hate it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.HyDe807 View Post
Spoiler:
I think that was the whole idea of Walt's reasoning to Jessie in the fight that they had. Almost every action that he's made has been something that lead to a better course of action. it was necessary for Walt's path, which also showed how bloated his ego has been.

When he killed Mike, however, it all stemmed from his "Grey Matter" ego. He has been belittled to Mike from the get-go and that's where the mistake from shooting Mike comes from. Everything Mike said before was completely on point, as shown through Walt's "Da fuck did I shoot him for" look post-shooting. He acted completely on impulse and ange due to a bruised ego, as opposed from his other moments of killing somebody
.

God damn, what a fucking show!
That's a good point. I can't remember the last time Walt acted where it wasn't calculated 40 moves in advance. Maybe his ill-conceived attempt to get Mike to turn on Gus at the bar when Mike punched him? Not sure, to be honest. I also wonder if it's an omen. Does he lose control more often? Will he start to take any condescension from any body too personally and overreact? What is Skylar implies he's over his head? Does he finally snap at her?
Reply With Quote
  #403  
Old 08-27-2012, 01:27 AM
I was spoiled about the ending to tonight's episode and it still hit me hard even when knowing what was going to happen.

Reply With Quote
  #404  
Old 08-27-2012, 01:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digifruitella View Post
I gotta say, I motherfucking love, Love, LOVE Cranston this season, and how sublime and subtle the writing is for him this season. What I mean is; it's those quick, simple moments where Walt lets his ego slip, and then immediately covers it up by "We..." or "Us..." It's been apparent throughout the series, but this time around it's really showing, and I love that.
I definitely think Cranston has been doing the best work he's ever been doing this season.

In past seasons, I've always thought as great as Cranston is, there were other actors I was rooting for to win the Emmy (Hugh Laurie, Matthew Fox among others). Heck, this year I'm rooting for Damien Lewis to win over Cranston even though I don't think it will happen. But this time next year, I'll probably be rooting for Cranston to win actually. Well, maybe Timothy Olyphant as well since I love that guy on Justified.

This has been, by far, the best season of Breaking Bad, period.
Reply With Quote
  #405  
Old 08-27-2012, 04:30 AM
I posted paragraphs the other day about why Walter's cool, and then this happens. Goddamnit.

Spoiler:
Like Mr. Hyde and Darth both said, it wasn't that it happened, it was how it happened. From a purely practical perspective shooting Mike made no sense, and Walter's greatest quality (imo) has been his practicality. His pragmatism. Tonight's exchange between him and Jesse about the dead kid was a perfect (maybe THE perfect) illustration of that. I believe Walter was being legit when he talked about how much he regrets that death and all the others they've caused, and I also believe that his logic-first way of dealing is really the most sensible. Approaching emotional matters from a rational standpoint has been his MO most of the time (except for family shit like Beneke), and even when he's almost out of his mind with fear over Gus his higher reasoning prevails. Until tonight. I can't really see what purpose shooting Mike served, or how it made Walter's situation any better than if Mike had just taken his go-bag and disappeared to parts unknown. A dead Mike certainly wouldn't have given him the names, even without his Lydia realization. In fact, he made it worse for himself since now he's gonna have to get rid of the body and how will he do that anyway? Dissolve him in a drum? What's he gonna do with the drum? I won't be surprised if Todd plays a part in that next week.

Anyway, Walter acting solely out of anger to this degree is counter to all the things I like about him. I guess you could say I'm disappointed in him, especially since this particular prideful snit equaled the death of a character I dug. When Mike has to turn and leave his granddaughter by herself in the park I felt incredibly sad for him, but that was nothing compared to the end. What a stupid way for such an awesome character to die. I don't mean that in terms of the show's decision, I mean in-universe. As long as that guy's been around and as much as he's seen, as close as he's come to death, and he bites it because Walter can't handle a little criticism. It makes me angry at Walt because for the first time there's really no defending him. All his other heinous actions have had at least the pretense of justifiability, but not this one.

As far as Mike's criticism of him being on point, I disagree. When Half Measures started out Gus and Walter were on the same page. Walter was hunky dory with his role in things, and Gus showed a great amount of respect for him and vice versa. It was only after Walter saved his partner and Gus then set out to kill him that Walt started drawing his plans against Gus. So Mike's whole "we had a good thing going" bit sort of overlooks the fact that part of that good thing wanted Walter dead.

All that aside, I'm gonna miss the hell out of Mike. There were some other standout moments, like Jesse's incredibly loaded expression during Walter's tirade about how he'll go back to using, but obviously everything else is overshadowed by Mike for now. I'm still a little stunned.
Reply With Quote
  #406  
Old 08-27-2012, 11:05 AM
I LOVED:

Spoiler:
"Say my name."

"You're Heisenberg?"

"You're god damn right I am."

And

After Walt shoots Mike, "I just realized I can get the names from Lydia."
Reply With Quote
  #407  
Old 08-27-2012, 11:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.HyDe807 View Post
Spoiler:


(My thoughts on the final moments)
Epic.
Reply With Quote
  #408  
Old 08-27-2012, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.HyDe807 View Post
Spoiler:


(My thoughts on the final moments)
Haha that gif is great and sums up my feelings as well. BTW I love Workaholics.
Reply With Quote
  #409  
Old 08-27-2012, 01:49 PM
I don't know if it was meant to be funny, but did any one start cracking up when Walt said "I just realized I could've gotten the names from Lydia?"

I think it was Cranston's delivery.
Reply With Quote
  #410  
Old 08-27-2012, 04:00 PM

Happy Bday to Aaron Paul! He turns 33 today.
Reply With Quote
  #411  
Old 08-27-2012, 04:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Kenshin View Post
I don't know if it was meant to be funny, but did any one start cracking up when Walt said "I just realized I could've gotten the names from Lydia?"

I think it was Cranston's delivery.
I didn't laugh, I was like "this guy is seriously fucked up in the head". Seriously, this show is something else. I mean....wow. I'm speechless.
Reply With Quote
  #412  
Old 08-27-2012, 07:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Kenshin View Post
I don't know if it was meant to be funny, but did any one start cracking up when Walt said "I just realized I could've gotten the names from Lydia?"

I think it was Cranston's delivery.
I did. But not in a "haha" way. In a very nervous, "how twisted is this guy?" way. It was an amazing delivery.
Reply With Quote
  #413  
Old 08-27-2012, 07:21 PM
Plus one. I chuckled, but it was sort of a stunned chuckle.
Spoiler:
When the immediacy wears off and I'm not as shook by the whole thing, I mean like next year or something when Mike's death is the past, I'll probably appreciate it more. As well as the fitting humor in the fact that the very last thing Mike did on this earth was to tell Walter to shut the fuck up.
Reply With Quote
  #414  
Old 08-27-2012, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xseanymacx View Post
I did. But not in a "haha" way. In a very nervous, "how twisted is this guy?" way. It was an amazing delivery.
Same here
Reply With Quote
  #415  
Old 08-27-2012, 09:44 PM
Spoiler:
Shut the fuck up and let me die in peace.


Reply With Quote
  #416  
Old 08-27-2012, 09:51 PM
Reply With Quote
  #417  
Old 08-27-2012, 10:17 PM
I get what the photos imply, and I hate to nitpick, but Walt didn't have goatee in Season 1.

Man, I feel crushed by the last episode. My whole week was plagued by death in real life, and then Breaking Bad had to go that extra step and bitch slap me by killing off one of my favorite characters.

I thought them killing the kid was the point of no return, but this is the point of no return.
Reply With Quote
  #418  
Old 08-27-2012, 10:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digifruitella View Post
That first image is from the season 3 finale, actually .
Reply With Quote
  #419  
Old 08-27-2012, 11:31 PM
Straight Teeth.
Reply With Quote
  #420  
Old 08-28-2012, 03:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiert Spionam View Post
That first image is from the season 3 finale, actually .
didn't make that, but yeah straight teeth. BrBa makes everyone just a lil' richer
Reply With Quote
  #421  
Old 08-28-2012, 03:35 AM
It was heartbreaking when Walt and Jessie were arguing and Walt said Jessie had nothing in his life and was saying he would just take drugs and sit by himself in his house, Paul's delivery of '....Mr. White' almost got me blubbering, you could tell that hurt him.
Reply With Quote
  #422  
Old 08-28-2012, 10:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hucksta G View Post
It was heartbreaking when Walt and Jessie were arguing and Walt said Jessie had nothing in his life and was saying he would just take drugs and sit by himself in his house, Paul's delivery of '....Mr. White' almost got me blubbering, you could tell that hurt him.
Yeah, considering that blockbuster of an ending, a very under-looked scene. It was phenomenal.
Reply With Quote
  #423  
Old 08-29-2012, 12:23 AM
I'm not usually big on YouTube videos and such, and if this has been posted I apologize, but I just HAD to share it just in case. This is one of the most insanely awesome things I have ever seen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WsqdmqRgrIc

That is all, nothing further to report.
Reply With Quote
  #424  
Old 08-29-2012, 12:45 AM
What do you guys think will be Jesse's reaction when he hears that Mike is dead? Do you think he'll know right away that it was Walt who killed him? That's probably the number one thing I'm most curious about concerning next week's finale. And how will the season end. And yes, I know officially this isn't the end of the season but it is for me. Since part 2 isn't airing until next year, I'm calling this season 5, and what they show next summer I'm calling season 6.
Reply With Quote
  #425  
Old 08-29-2012, 12:59 AM
Since Mike was supposed to be disappearing forever anyway, I'm assuming that Walt will tell Jesse he took him the bag and Mike went on his way. Mike actually made it pretty easy for him as far as people asking questions, it's just the body and the car (mostly the car, since we know Walt can dispose of bodies) that are gonna be problems.
Reply With Quote
  #426  
Old 08-29-2012, 01:01 AM
Actually, now that I just had that thought, where the hell did that car come from? It wasn't Mike's usual car, as that was the one the cops were approaching. Do we know where that car came from and I'm just blanking out, or do we not?
Reply With Quote
  #427  
Old 08-29-2012, 02:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovemovies View Post
What do you guys think will be Jesse's reaction when he hears that Mike is dead? Do you think he'll know right away that it was Walt who killed him?
Jesse will be heart broken when he hears about Mike's death. He looks up to Mike and they risked their lives for each other. I don't know if he'll know it was Walt who did it. My guess is he will be suspicious, given the turn Walt has taken this season, but at the end of the day Mike was involved in some pretty dangerous stuff and was supposed to disappear. Walt could lie about it fairly easily and make it believable.
Reply With Quote
  #428  
Old 08-29-2012, 06:00 AM
I haven't posted at all since this season started, just so busy with work and traveling and wife stuff.. However, I have been watching every episode, twice or more actually.

In a nutshell; everyone is right. This season could also be called 'The Next Level'.

This is how I look at it: almost everything that Mike said has been correct. 'Just because you shoot Jesse James, doesn't make you Jesse James.' I mean, in a way, up untill now, the show was turning into 'The Ermentraut Show'. The best scenes contain Jonathan Banks, and his potential as an actor was fully used. I'm actually really happy for Mr Banks, who, in all fairness hasn't had this much spotlight since Beverly Hills Cop back in, what was it, 1984? I salute you Jonathan, you took everything and more out of Mike Ermentraut, and you should get the Emmy. Even your last line was delivered in an epic way. Respect.

Jessie (and Skyler too) is the one that is being the most clear-headed one throughout the last eps, realizing that Mike had the expertise and experience to continue an operation that Gus Fring ran. The only words that Jessie hasn't spoken out loud are 'Mr White, you are a cook, not a druglord!'. Slowly but surely he realizes that he is being manipulated, and that he has more power than he would actually care to have..

Walt is a man of science, a cook that makes meth, and ultimately NOT a master manipulator. The line that he muttered to Mike proved it .. 'I just realized I can get those names from Lydia..'. The last scene showed that Walt is being driven by a pettiness, a childish sort of drive, and in the heat of the moment, it has been shown that he doesn't keep his cool, and that he cannot live up to his own words; 'nobody else is going to die.' He walked a very fine line with Brock, but he fucked up royally now.

Despite the fact that this story could go so many ways, I stick with what I have been thinking since the season with The Cousins: ultimately it will be Hank that will take Walt down. Hank is still a fantastic cop, and he will simply do his job.

Gosh, so glad I have been with this since the very beginning.. What a ride!!
Reply With Quote
  #429  
Old 08-29-2012, 03:26 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WsqdmqRgrIc

A remix of season 1 and 2. I love it!
Reply With Quote
  #430  
Old 08-29-2012, 05:03 PM
Spoiler:
Mike, you magnificent bastard. It was inevitable from the moment Walt volunteered to get the bag but as senseless and stupid as your death was, you managed to go out with some fucking dignity.

I think someone on the AVClub thread had a brilliant point about Mike's last words (I'll try to sum up but I read it yesterday and it probably won't be as eloquent) - it's a final play to have that moment be about HIM for once, to not have his death be a footnote in Walt's story. All this time, Mike has been played like he's the centre of his own story that occasionally crosses paths with Walt's. This is a problem in a Walt-centric world where everything has to revolve around himself. He can't just be the side player, he's gotta be the MAIN player, maybe even the only player. Walt's 'apologies' are equally as irritating because he's making the moment about himself. But Mike wanted his last moment in life to be his moment and his only. And it was.
Reply With Quote
  #431  
Old 08-30-2012, 06:18 AM
For seasons now I've been watching Walt's ego getting the better of him and screwing shit up for people around him and in turn, for himself. His tentacles just keep stretching across his universe.
Spoiler:
We all knew what was going to happen here by the end of the second episode with Walt's recounting the story of Victor to Jesse. I just don't think any of us expected it to happen so damn wickedly. Mike was pretty much the major yin holding back Walt's yang at this point and now he's gone off to better pastures so we have Skyler and Jesse on one point, the drug underworld on another, and Hank. 3 ways Walt can fuck or be fucked, or is it just going to all crash in on him.


I agree with the statement about Walt's and Jesse's exchange and Walt's continued berating. Walt hasn't been that shitty, that I can remember, since season 1 when he's slagging on him in the RV. There were points where he was shitty, but not to his face like that - it was usually underhanded unseen shit. Walt has pretty much lost respect for everyone and it should bite him hard.

Aside from that heartbreaking, probably for me, the one part where I really felt bad for someone was when Walt was telling Mike how he (Walt) was the one with something to lose. That was one of many moments, that are becoming more frequent, where I wanted to reach into the TV and choke Mr. White. The fact that Mike left the park the way he did, for no other fucking reason than to protect himself and everyone around him, and then Walt fucking prances around his family and life --- UARAGHAGHTAST! Just --- pissed me off to no end.
Reply With Quote
  #432  
Old 09-02-2012, 07:52 PM
I have very mixed feelings about tonight. I know the episode is going to be tits because they'll want to go out with a bang, but it also means another full year until our next taste of BrBa
Reply With Quote
  #433  
Old 09-02-2012, 08:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xseanymacx View Post
I have very mixed feelings about tonight. I know the episode is going to be tits because they'll want to go out with a bang, but it also means another full year until our next taste of BrBa
Indeed. Does anyone know if they've said anything about the approximate air date for the next season? Something tells me that since they're beginning to shoot in November they could perhaps start airing by March (like the first three seasons). Good God would that be ideal.
Reply With Quote
  #434  
Old 09-02-2012, 09:09 PM
Minor spoilers for tonight's show…

Spoiler:
GONNA BE FUCKING INTENSE!!!!!
Reply With Quote
  #435  
Old 09-02-2012, 11:18 PM
YOU CANNOT EXPECT ME TO WAIT A YEAR.

YOU CAN'T.
Reply With Quote
  #436  
Old 09-02-2012, 11:23 PM
Spoiler:
Only Hank could come to such a realization while taking a shit
Reply With Quote
  #437  
Old 09-02-2012, 11:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squid Vicious View Post
YOU CANNOT EXPECT ME TO WAIT A YEAR.

YOU CAN'T.
Reply With Quote
  #438  
Old 09-02-2012, 11:37 PM
Oh, and another thing...

How come it took Breaking Bad 54 episodes to finally use "Crystal Blue Persuasion" in one of its meth-cooking montages?
Reply With Quote
  #439  
Old 09-02-2012, 11:40 PM
So many possibilities of how this will play out. I think it's an even bigger cliffhanger than Season 3's, because really, this is what we've been anticipating/dreading the whole series.
Reply With Quote
  #440  
Old 09-02-2012, 11:40 PM
...

...

...

...

...
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump