Old 09-02-2012, 11:10 PM
That's exactly the cliff hanger I expected. Well, not EXACTLY, but... you know what I mean.

Gilligan said that, knowing they're getting another bunch of episodes (as opposed to last season), he wasn't gonna leave things tied up neatly. This was perfect.

BTW, does any one else find Lydia's paranoia adorable? I just want to hug her.
Old 09-02-2012, 11:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Kenshin View Post

It's probably what has kept her alive this long.
Old 09-03-2012, 12:27 AM
Current, up to date death toll. This is actually pretty clever.

http://thedroidyourelookingfor.files...deathtoll1.jpg
Old 09-03-2012, 12:54 AM
Called it!
Spoiler:
I haven't gone back to check, but before the season started, I predicted two things would happen by the end of this summer's run: Mike would die and the cliffhanger would be Hank finally figuring it out. Grant, I theorized that the death of Mike would leave the leftover evidence that would lead to connection with Walt, but still, I give myself points...

A year.

God-fucking-damnit

EDIT: PS Don't got making any "Breaking Bad, Season 5.5" thread, 'cuz this will remain the official thread for the rest of the series (unless they somehow get another season).

Why? "Because I say so."
Old 09-03-2012, 01:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Kenshin View Post
Word. Not only is she adorable, but she's stunningly beautiful too. I did notice in tonight's episode, when she's talking to Walt at the diner, that the tip of her nose moves an inordinate amount when she talks. Like, way more than most people's noses. Still adorable and beautiful, though.

I just got done watching it (I can't watch it live unfortunately and have to see it by "other means" so it takes me a while to downl -- I mean procure it), and to say that I'm stunned right now would be an understatement. Well I say "just" but really it was like fifteen minutes ago, those fifteen of which I spent sitting here trying to piece my mind back together after it had been thoroughly blown.

Spoiler:
It's almost hard to believe that the guy sitting there talking with Hank and Marie and Skyler at the end of this ep is the same guy who shot Mike just last week. That was a whole lot of development to go through in one hour but it worked, in fact it felt absolutely right. That scene by the pool where they're all talking happily was one of the most nerve-racking things I can ever remember watching and HOW IN THE HELL DOES THIS SHOW DO THAT?! I was SO sure something absolutely horrible was about to happen, I was so clenched up during that scene (which seemed to go on forever, in the good white-knuckle way), and it was so innocuous on the surface. Amazing.

I loved all the call-backs. The fly, the RV conversation, Walter telling Lydia "learn to take yes for an answer" (which Mike told him once, I believe in the bar before punching him), and Lydia telling Walt "we're gonna make a lot of money together" (TUCO FLASHBACK! AWESOME!). I think there's one or two more that I'm not remembering.

I thought we were going to see Walter sink to his lowest and maybe we kinda did? The nine prison guys, dealing with neo-Nazi's, all the stuff in the first half was pure Heisenberg. But after the three month flash forward everything changed drastically, and the most unbelievable part is that it felt perfectly organic and natural. Beginning when Skyler walks out to find Walter sitting by the pool and they look at each other, you can actually see them reconnect right there. It's so quiet and subtle and flawlessly executed and I will never forgive those Emmy fuckers if they don't give everything to this show. EVERYTHING, even the shit it isn't nominated for.

I should be going to sleep right now but I feel almost giddy. I don't think there's ever been a show that did that to me, at least not to this degree. That last half rehumanized Walt so effectively and efficiently that by the time that pool-side scene happened with his family I was almost back to season one emotionally. It is stunning, absolutely stunning, how that happened without me even realizing it or being aware of it consciously until I started writing about it. And then BOOM! here comes the hammer bitch. The replaying of Hank and Walter's conversation about WW is a thing that might have felt out of place, but the way they compressed it and particularly where they chose to stop it and return to Hank's expression of dawning realization was impeccable. Has this show ever done an internal, Usual Suspects-style flashback like that before, to scenes from itself? Wait yeah, there was the "I'm awake" flashback in the episode where it explained how Jesse got the RV from Combo in the cold opening, but that was completely different.

Anyway, enough of my rambling. I suspect a few of you have put me on your ignore lists due to my occasionally novella-like posts, and I really meant to try to reign that in a little, but I can't possibly right now. I feel like I'm gonna burst. That was an immensely, unbelievably satisfying finale, and I'm trying my hardest to not think about the year wait just yet while this is still sinking in 'cuz that's really gonna bum me out. Damn it, now I just thought about it. God that sucks.
Old 09-03-2012, 02:34 AM
Best episode of the season....why oh why do we have to wait a year
Old 09-03-2012, 03:31 AM
How do you guys feel about
Spoiler:
the way Hank finally figured it out, viz. so suddenly, not through an episode with an arc demonstrating his own mental piecing together of the past year, but through discovering a book?
Old 09-03-2012, 04:25 AM
Yeah 'pac, we were onto something.
Old 09-03-2012, 04:56 AM
And that's why.

Who the hell could't have known any of this would happen but the show has this way of making us forget. Like Chillingworth said, I was waiting - in my case, waiting for some prison guys to show up at the door and decapitate the baby with one of Walt J.. I mean, decapitate the baby with one of Flynn's crutches -- but no… the show pulled the rug right from under me by reminding me of the damn rug I'd walked into the room and complimented.

Now that's what I call captivating an audience! This show makes you forget what you found obvious.

And yes -- I would just eat Lydia up. She is the Ewok of the Breaking Bad saga. Give me the Lydia stuffed animal already so I can just snuggle up. The wife has already given full approval with a side of lemme-borrow-on-nights-you're-away!

Last edited by The Postmaster General; 09-03-2012 at 04:58 AM..
Old 09-03-2012, 10:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon View Post
Spoiler:
the way Hank finally figured it out, viz. so suddenly, not through an episode with an arc demonstrating his own mental piecing together of the past year, but through discovering a book?
I thought it was a bit bizarre, given that (at least to my knowledge) that book had been there for a while. Almost seemed too coincidental.

But then again, I think Hank has probably grown suspicious of Walt over the last season and a half, but not enough to really think about it. Like the bizarre car accident. And obviously, the scene with Hank's boss when they were discussing Fring and he mentioned that Fring was right under his nose the entire time (something definitely clicked in Hank at that scene). I think on a personal level, Hank probably has been reconciling and piecing this together for this entire season if not more.

Plus, the sudden shifts is what this show does best. Just when you think they're clear, something crazy happens. Like the little kid at the end of the train heist.
Old 09-03-2012, 11:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digifruitella View Post
Yeah 'pac, we were onto something.
Indeed.

Best. Ending. EVER.
Old 09-03-2012, 11:19 AM
That last scene by the pool had me going insane!

Hank's discovery gave me chills.

A year! A fucking YEAR!
Old 09-03-2012, 11:24 AM
Spoiler:
I thought Hank was going to find the list of names in one of the books, but Walt isn't that stupid and that would 100% seal the deal and wouldn't make for much of a final (half) season.

All I know is, when it cut to a pool scene within the last few minutes of the show, I had a huge knot in my stomach. That scene had me feeling thoroughly uneasy. You had Jr. walking the baby around the edge of the pool, the kids back at the house and Walt and Skylar seeming happy as can be, and then Hank walks into the house...
Old 09-03-2012, 11:28 AM
I don't know if it's just me, but did it feel to anyone else like they were merely
going through the motions a bit this season?

I mean that in just how easily things came to Walt--the Madrigal connection, Lydia
plopping the whole Czech connection right in Walt's lap, Todd and his prison connections,
and how easy they took out the 9 dudes (which was pretty brutal).

I loved the little callbacks to past seasons this episode--the fly, 'Leaves of Grass'.

You can pretty much see Walt's humanity completely draining away this episode too.

Finally, how many people thought it was going to be Walt's 2nd cell phone going off that Hank
would catch when he first headed into the bathroom. Thinking about it, I suppose that would'nt
have been enough to tip Hank off--why in hell would Walt keep the Gale-inscribed 'Leaves of
Grass', in his bathroom no less? It almost seems like an ego thing to Walt, a memory of
another threat he usurped. Anyway, shit's about to get real next season, as they say.

I could see Walt decamping to Germany next season as the heat gets to be too much.

I don't know if it's because this was a shortened season, but I didn't enjoy it as much
as past seasons. It was still good, though. I look forward to see what Gilligan and co.
do next year for a finale.

Favorite line this episode: Walt to Hank, after Hank's intense drink conversation: "I used to like going camping.."

Last edited by Ayestrain; 09-03-2012 at 11:31 AM..
Old 09-03-2012, 11:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayestrain View Post
Finally, how many people thought it was going to be Walt's 2nd cell phone going off that Hank
would catch when he first headed into the bathroom.
That was one of the things going through my head up until the from behind the toilet shot.

This show, I think this shot is something of a trademark - where the point of view is from a wall, or the ceiling --- somewhere that a section of the set would have to be removed for the camera to be placed. Like in crawlspace, when the camera lifts up and you see the ceiling light's pullswitch hanging forward. It's pretty neat and seems to be often used.
Old 09-03-2012, 12:03 PM
As far as the book, they totally set us up for that without us even realizing it. There was a scene earlier in the season when he looks at it almost fondly and leaves it out, but even more than that was his attitude in the last eight episodes. Inviting Jesse over, buying new cars, Walter's been almost flaunting what he is with none of the attention to detail he used to have. It's believable imo that he'd just leave that book out there while in full-on Heisenberg mode, and then kinda forget about it later.
Old 09-03-2012, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squid Vicious View Post
Oh, and another thing...

How come it took Breaking Bad 54 episodes to finally use "Crystal Blue Persuasion" in one of its meth-cooking montages?
Ha yeah that was great.

WHoever is in charge of the music should win some sort of award cause the songs are always on point.

Anyways, the last bit of that episode was fanfuckintastic and I cant wait for the second half of the season!
Old 09-03-2012, 12:05 PM
Hank was sitting in the right chair.
Old 09-03-2012, 12:14 PM
Spoiler:
Old 09-03-2012, 12:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by echo_bravo View Post
Spoiler:
haha, that's awesome.
Old 09-03-2012, 12:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chillingworth View Post
I loved all the call-backs. The fly, the RV conversation, Walter telling Lydia "learn to take yes for an answer" (which Mike told him once, I believe in the bar before punching him), and Lydia telling Walt "we're gonna make a lot of money together" (TUCO FLASHBACK! AWESOME!). I think there's one or two more that I'm not remembering.
There was also the punched towel dispenser observed by Walt in the bathroom of what I assume to be the hospital where Walt gets check-ups.
Old 09-03-2012, 12:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by echo_bravo View Post
Spoiler:
LMAO!!!!!!
Old 09-03-2012, 02:19 PM
Quote:
There was also the punched towel dispenser observed by Walt in the bathroom of what I assume to be the hospital where Walt gets check-ups.
There is also the painting that Walt makes reference to in the hotel with the biker gang. I believe he saw that same painting in the hospital when he was getting treated for cancer.

Overall, a very good finale, but I can't help but wish that they had had a full two seasons to close this story out. I feel like I didn't see a lot of many of my favorite characters (Jesse, Saul, and even Hank & Marie), and that the new characters (Lydia, Todd) weren't given enough time to develop.

If I were to rank the seasons, it would probably go... 2>3>4>1>5.1

And what the heck was up with the Osama Bin Laden reference? He died in 2011, not 2009 (which is presumably when the timeline of the show started). Felt like a throw-away reference and the anachronistic element of it took me out of the scene, so I'm not really sure why they included it.
Old 09-03-2012, 02:38 PM
Maybe the show was set in the future all along.

I have nothing to back that up, but yeah.
Old 09-03-2012, 03:20 PM
There's nothing really to be added after that amazing episode, only......

Can it be 2013 now?
Old 09-03-2012, 05:00 PM

Come on...you knew it was going to happen
Old 09-03-2012, 05:43 PM
Quote:
I don't know if it's just me, but did it feel to anyone else like they were merely
going through the motions a bit this season?
I don't know if "going through the motions" is the phrase I would use, but a lot of things just seemed to work out too easily and, at least to me, took away from the realism that the show had established previously. It's still incredibly enjoyable and probably better than everything else on TV, but for all the drama and plot developments that happened, I think it was my least favorite season so far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FailSafe View Post
And what the heck was up with the Osama Bin Laden reference? He died in 2011, not 2009 (which is presumably when the timeline of the show started). Felt like a throw-away reference and the anachronistic element of it took me out of the scene, so I'm not really sure why they included it.
Haha I thought the same thing. I guess only 18 months has actually passed, right? Walt's birthday this season marked a year, and I think Marie said the kids were staying with them for 3 months. So it's 15 months from the time the show started. And then there was the montage with the Crystal Blue Persuasion song... don't remember how much time passed, but I wanna say another 3 months? I think Skyler mentiond it. So, that's 18 months total, right?

I guess the question is, did they ever give a year previously? I'm sure they must have...

Last edited by Darth Kenshin; 09-03-2012 at 05:46 PM..
Old 09-03-2012, 05:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon View Post
Spoiler:
I probably would've minded if Michelle MacLaren and Slovis hadn't put in a blatant shot of the book in the beginning of the episode when Walt grabs a towel after he showers. And with the title of the episode being Gliding All Over, it's surprising that nobody pieced together its origin to Gale's lab notes.

Chillingsworth also pointed out how Walt kept the book despite knowing that it ties him to Gale. He simply smirked at the book earlier in the season when he returned home. He should've thrown it away like he did with every other piece of evidence, but Walt simply smirked at it because it reminded him of his victory over Gus. It was a trophy. In that sense, it works because it's Walt's ego leading to his downfall, which has been a reoccurring theme of the show.

I think it also works because Hank was the only one who paid attention to the WW initials in Gale's lab notes last sesaon. I'm sure those initials didn't interest anybody else who looked at the notes. They were all paying attention to the formulas and the breakdown of the lab. Something about those initials stuck out to Hank, but he couldn't believe that his dopey brother in law could be involved.

I don't think the show needed an entire episode devoted to Hank piecing the clues together because we've essentially already had those moments minus Hank figuring it out. For example, Walt's accidental car crash with Hank is going to look a lot more deliberate to him now. To show an episode of Hank figuring it out would be sorta redundant because Hank has all the clues sitting right in front of him, including a description and drawing of Heisenberg which matches Walt to a T. And let's not forget Walt's drunken speech to Hank that the real Heisenberg might still be out there. I'm sure all those moments are replaying in his head.

Overall, it's very fitting that something as ordinary as a book would be what undoes everything that Walt has worked for.

Also, you have to just love the fact that one of the most important moments of the show takes place in a bathroom as Hank is taking a dump. I suspect it's another nod to Kubrick, much like how the ending of Crawl Space was staged like a Kubrickian nightmare.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiert Spionam View Post
Called it!
Spoiler:
I haven't gone back to check, but before the season started, I predicted two things would happen by the end of this summer's run: Mike would die and the cliffhanger would be Hank finally figuring it out. Grant, I theorized that the death of Mike would leave the leftover evidence that would lead to connection with Walt, but still, I give myself points...
Damn, you did call it my friend. *tips hat*

Last edited by Cop No. 633; 09-03-2012 at 06:17 PM..
Old 09-03-2012, 09:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunning Visions View Post

Damn man, someone beat me to it by about 12 hours. Although, I still like my version better: a single "plop" after the cut to black. I just wish I'd used a smaller plop because it makes it funnier due to where it's coming from. But yeah - like I told Smiert before showing him my edit, it was an inevitable joke. I probably should have checked, although I still think the single, solitary drop works so much better. That one was too over-to-top. The importance of waiting until the cut to black and the lack of movement happening from Hank is essential to the joke working on all possible levels.

^Excerpt from "Anatomy of a Potty Joke" by Postmaster G.

Last edited by The Postmaster General; 09-03-2012 at 09:55 PM..
Old 09-03-2012, 10:32 PM
I didn't set out to, but I just did another really long post. I'm gonna put the whole thing in spoiler tags so you don't have to scroll all the way through it every time you're on this page.

Spoiler:
Here are some of the things I thought might happen while Walt and Hank were discussing beer, and Marie and Skyler were talking hair:
1. Holly falls in the pool and drowns. This is only first because it was around the time when they pull the shot back to all the adults sitting at the table and Junior walking her that my spider-sense started tingling. That this would have made no sense thematically was irrelevant to my frantically alarmed mind.
2. The house blows up. Something about the way it was framed when Junior gets Holly over to the table made this my next thought. All the windows just get blasted out right when the adults are in mid-conversation, out of nowhere. Everyone's injured and freaked out, someone dies (Junior?), and we're left to wonder over the next year who was responsible.
3. Todd's uncle, or maybe Todd himself, with thugs in tow comes strolling through the gate into the back yard with guns drawn. They say something cryptic about how he can't get out that easy, everyone else panics while Walt looks like he's shitting himself, the credits roll.
4. Someone catches a bullet out of nowhere, and we cut to a shot of one of the aforementioned bad guys on a neighboring roof or something with a sniper rifle. Everyone panics, Walter does his patented Crawl Space-ish freak-out, and scene.
5. Airplane debris that just took a really long time to fall suddenly crushes Walter Jr and Holly. Okay that one didn't really cross my mind, but the rest did. I think this one would have been most awesome, though.

After rewatching it a couple times, I realize just how brilliant what they did here was. While I understand the criticisms about everything working out too easily and the pace being overly brisk, it sorta makes sense. So far in the series the point has been Walter's steady decline, and by the beginning of this episode there really wasn't much more to do with that. This version of Walter, this uber-Heisenberg, couldn't fall much further from grace without killing his family or something. So while watching the Czech connection and the utilizing of Todd's family in more detail would have been interesting, it would march us toward the exact same destination. Things falling into place this way seemed easy, but it also fits.

All this might be apologist rationalization because I don't want to find flaws in the show, I don't know. But it makes sense in my head, so that's all I can go on. The thing that makes it make sense, though, is what they did with it. What I don't think any of us saw coming was that, despite what Gilligan said, things actually WERE tied up neatly. While the details of Walter's "getting out" were almost non-existant, it felt legit and in a lot of ways the last half of this ep felt like an ending. While Walt didn't really have any big dramatic moment of redemption, it still seemed like there was a lot of that there with his behavior and reconnection with everyone. He came back down to earth, and in some ways seemed more human than he has at any point thus far, more so than season one even. When he walks into Jesse's house and Jesse instinctively hides the bong, Walter gets a little smile on his face that's almost affectionate and we realize that for the first time EVER, he actually appreciates Jesse. He is fond of Jesse during that scene, and most importantly is aware himself of that fondness. The thing that Walter has almost always missed is self-reflection, the ability to look around at his environment and see how he effects it. His subtle acknowledgment of how much Jesse means to him spoke volumes toward that, and his leaving Jesse the money said even more. It said "Jesse, I'm sorry, I was wrong to treat you the way I did and I owe you this."

None of this would have been possible without Walter first getting to where he was, on top, gliding over all. Well that isn't true. A tragedy could have served as the catalyst for that sudden humility, and I think that's what most of us were expecting, so this caught us off guard. You could tell during the scene with Skyler, Hank, and Marie that Walter wasn't just going through the motions of family-time like he used to, he seemed to want to be there. He seemed grateful in that scene, actually grateful for the people in his life. And right when all these things are dawning on us, right when we see Walter become a more complete human being than he's ever been, the other shoe drops. Hank's realization is, without a doubt, the biggest most game-changing thing to happen, or that possibly COULD happen, to this show. It just kinda feels right to me that all other concerns were taken care of and Walt got to a good place, a little glimpse of what might have been, before that hammer fell.

We all thought Walter was going to self-destruct, to go so far down the rabbit hole that the world would collapse on top of him. This season had a feeling of inevitability, like his ego and his inflated self-worth were going to prop him up in front of a bullet or a badge and that would change him. What I certainly never saw coming was him changing naturally, evolving past his pride all on his own, and THEN the bullet comes at him. It's still his ego that's gonna be his undoing, 'cuz his ego is what left that book out there imo, but that it had already been deflated by that point is the surprising part. It's fucking genius, and it leaves us in a confusing place emotionally. Everything changed on several levels, and in a lot of ways the world is more wide open now than it was at the end of season four. Wondering where Walter would go post-Gus pales in comparison to wondering what's going to happen now. This half-season bullshit is totally bogus, 'cuz this episode was a season finale if I've ever seen one.

Anyhoo, all you guys' complaints are still valid, I just wanted to cement my thoughts on them. Writing about it helps me do that in a way that just thinking doesn't. My biggest complaint, and the only one that kinda bugs me, is Declan. Setting up that arrangement with him felt like it was gonna be important, but it almost immediately became irrelevant when Lydia gave us the Czech thing. But I forgive it. Also, for all I know, that might still be important next season.

Last edited by Chillingworth; 09-03-2012 at 10:34 PM..
Old 09-04-2012, 01:07 AM
Amazing episode and the wait for the remainder of the season will be unbearable. I knew for sure
Spoiler:
Hank would catch onto Walt being Heisenberg
, but not quite so early on; I'm thrilled to see how this revelation will develop. As others have mentioned the last scene was set up so nicely and so nerve-wrackingly suspenseful.

This show still manages to impress me more and more each week.
Old 09-04-2012, 02:13 AM
One other thing I've been thinking about..

Spoiler:
Walt brought the ricin load with him when he met Lydia, obviously he intended to use it on her if he had to. But how exactly was he to administer it to her, drop it in her drink when she wasn't looking? That part left me scratching my head a bit.

But that thing is obviously going to get used at some point, they made a point to show him putting it back behind the panel. Classic Chekov's gun: it's gonna have to go off eventually.

http://www.uproxx.com/tv/2012/07/a-b...-breaking-bad/
Old 09-04-2012, 02:44 AM
Quote:

Haha! Funny stuff.

Isn't it kind of ironic that Hank finally figures out about Walt right when he finally comes to his senses and decides to quit the meth business.

It will be very interesting to see how Hank figuring things out effects Walt's decision to quit.
Old 09-04-2012, 04:46 AM
Thought you guys might appreciate this.

http://www.wtfpod.com/podcast/episod...bryan_cranston

It's an interview with Bryan Cranston by comedian Marc Maron (who guest starred in Louie this season). It was conducted for his podcast, WTF, two episodes before the season 4 finale.

Marc Maron and Cranston really click, and it's nearly and hour long.
Old 09-04-2012, 10:18 AM
Quote:

Old 09-04-2012, 03:43 PM
Jonathan Banks interview

http://blogs.amctv.com/breaking-bad/...-interview.php
Old 09-04-2012, 05:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cop No. 633 View Post
Thought you guys might appreciate this.

http://www.wtfpod.com/podcast/episod...bryan_cranston

It's an interview with Bryan Cranston by comedian Marc Maron (who guest starred in Louie this season). It was conducted for his podcast, WTF, two episodes before the season 4 finale.

Marc Maron and Cranston really click, and it's nearly and hour long.
Maron is awesome.
Old 09-04-2012, 08:07 PM
Amazing last episode!! Can't believe WE HAVE TO WAIT A FUCKING YEAR to see Hank pull his pants up, walk out of that bathroom and see Walter for who he really is.

So many great moments from this episode, not least of which were Hank's speech to Walt about his college job and Cranston's acting and delivery of the line "I love to go camping" segue into the one of THE BEST montages this show has EVER seen, holy fuck how awesome was that!?

Then like others have said those last few minutes, with the family by the pool chatting it up like it's all good .... so intense. And then Hank's bathroom trip...the fact that we see the book before he sees it is one of those moments where you stop and think about the brilliance of this creative team.

I do have one question

Spoiler:
The murder of the 10 people from the list. First of all, where was the lawyer and did we see him get murdered? If so, I missed that. Secondly, one thing that seemed kind of off was that none of these guys had any protection. How come? Once the lawyer fessed up, Hank's boss must have realized that the Ermantrow case does warrant financial backing, and once Mike disappeared these 9 prisoners, and the lawyer, should have gotten IMMEDIATE police protection and solitary confinement. No?

God I love this show so much
Old 09-04-2012, 09:27 PM
Spoiler:
Yeah, the lawyer got his. Like 20 jabs to the chest and midsection.

My understanding as to why none were protected is because none of them ACTUALLY gave up any information yet. At the time, Hank was still trying to parlay them against one another for the best possible scoop on the drug ring.
Old 09-05-2012, 01:24 AM
I know everyone has already said this but I was literally on the edge of my seat watching that pool side scene where the family is all back together. I had no idea what to expect but when nothing happened, it was like they had done the perfect scene IMO. Although the development of what we saw in the cliffhanger will be a great part of 5.2, I'm actually way more interested in seeing what happens with Jesse and how he'll play a role in all of it.

I am so unbelievably excited for next year. This has me more excited than the end of Sherlock did.