#481  
Old 09-05-2012, 05:23 AM
Interesting theory on the Flash Forward

Spoiler:

Skylar will die at the hands of Walt

Everyone that Walt kills he ends up paying tribute to.

He cuts the crust off his sandwiches, ala Krazy 8.
He keeps the eyeball of the bear from the plane crash.
He keeps the Leaves of Grass gift from Gale.
He fancies himself the next Gus and takes on his demeanor.
He takes his drinks on the rocks, ala Mike, one episode after his death.


And in the flashfoward he takes the maiden name of SKY..aka LAMBERT

He also does the bacon bit she used to do.


On IMDB no less.
Reply With Quote
  #482  
Old 09-05-2012, 05:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMazVolta View Post
Interesting theory on the Flash Forward

Spoiler:

Skylar will die at the hands of Walt

Everyone that Walt kills he ends up paying tribute to.

He cuts the crust off his sandwiches, ala Krazy 8.
He keeps the eyeball of the bear from the plane crash.
He keeps the Leaves of Grass gift from Gale.
He fancies himself the next Gus and takes on his demeanor.
He takes his drinks on the rocks, ala Mike, one episode after his death.


And in the flashfoward he takes the maiden name of SKY..aka LAMBERT

He also does the bacon bit she used to do.


On IMDB no less.
At this point, I would not be surprised if that theory came to be true. Honestly, anything goes with this series.
Reply With Quote
  #483  
Old 09-05-2012, 06:37 AM
That's pretty solid.
Reply With Quote
  #484  
Old 09-05-2012, 07:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMazVolta View Post
Interesting theory on the Flash Forward

Spoiler:

Skylar will die at the hands of Walt

Everyone that Walt kills he ends up paying tribute to.

He cuts the crust off his sandwiches, ala Krazy 8.
He keeps the eyeball of the bear from the plane crash.
He keeps the Leaves of Grass gift from Gale.
He fancies himself the next Gus and takes on his demeanor.
He takes his drinks on the rocks, ala Mike, one episode after his death.


And in the flashfoward he takes the maiden name of SKY..aka LAMBERT

He also does the bacon bit she used to do.


On IMDB no less.
Spoiler:
This would also explain his lack of a wedding band.
Reply With Quote
  #485  
Old 09-06-2012, 12:24 AM
My Review

Spoiler:
BREAKING BAD-SEASON 5.1 FINALE: Even though the final season is being divided into two eight-episode runs (the second half premiering in 2O13), and after last week’s shocking turn of events in which Walt (Bryan Cranston) shot & killed Mike (Jonathan Banks), Sunday night’s cliffhanger episode was nothing short of perfection (what else would you expect from the best series on television?). The storyline totally delivered as the following events played out: the prison informants’ multiple shankings montage (solidifying Walt as The Godfather drug kingpin of the Southwest), Walt & Jesse (Aaron Paul, whose character was criminally underused this year) peacefully going their separate ways as Walt sealed the deal with his new partner-in-crime Todd (Jesse Plemons, an excellent new addition to the cast), Walt making a secret deal with Lydia (Laura Fraser) that expanded their drug enterprise into global & international markets, Walt & Skylar (Anna Gunn) reconciling after she literally showed him how much they’re worth (and after he seemingly quit the business)…and in the shocking final scene: Hank (Dean Norris) realizing that Walt was the mysterious "W.W." a.k.a. Gus’s former meth cook, from an inscription on the inside cover of a novel! The entire cast was stellar as always, but the three standouts this season so far were Cranston, Banks & Gunn, all who deserve Emmys! My grade for the series, season and finale: still an A FUCKING PLUS five and a half years running!
Reply With Quote
  #486  
Old 09-06-2012, 07:12 PM
So the official answer to the Bin Laden question is:

It doesn't really matter.

http://www.slate.com/articles/arts/i...gilligan_.html


Gilligan: I was talking a few minutes ago to a writer who was asking me about inconsistencies of when the show is set in time. When I was shooting the pilot episode, we had a scene where Walt puts his son’s handicap placard on his car, and it said 2007. The writer said to me: “I thought this show took place in 2007, and it’s only been a year since then, but last week you had someone mention the Osama Bin Laden assassination. How do you reconcile that?” I had to say, “Well, honestly, I don’t.” In a perfect world, this show is somewhat timeless, and people will watch it and think of it as the present.



I'm inclined to agree, frankly.
Reply With Quote
  #487  
Old 09-06-2012, 08:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMazVolta View Post
Interesting theory on the Flash Forward

Spoiler:

Skylar will die at the hands of Walt

Everyone that Walt kills he ends up paying tribute to.

He cuts the crust off his sandwiches, ala Krazy 8.
He keeps the eyeball of the bear from the plane crash.
He keeps the Leaves of Grass gift from Gale.
He fancies himself the next Gus and takes on his demeanor.
He takes his drinks on the rocks, ala Mike, one episode after his death.


And in the flashfoward he takes the maiden name of SKY..aka LAMBERT

He also does the bacon bit she used to do.


On IMDB no less.
I wouldn't say Skylar necessarily dies at the hands of Walt, but it could be more like Walt could feel responsible for her death (if she dies). I doubt Walt is going to kill Skylar, as he obviously still cares a lot about her and the rest of the family.

Quote:
Originally Posted by outsyder View Post
So the official answer to the Bin Laden question is:

It doesn't really matter.

http://www.slate.com/articles/arts/i...gilligan_.html


Gilligan: I was talking a few minutes ago to a writer who was asking me about inconsistencies of when the show is set in time. When I was shooting the pilot episode, we had a scene where Walt puts his son’s handicap placard on his car, and it said 2007. The writer said to me: “I thought this show took place in 2007, and it’s only been a year since then, but last week you had someone mention the Osama Bin Laden assassination. How do you reconcile that?” I had to say, “Well, honestly, I don’t.” In a perfect world, this show is somewhat timeless, and people will watch it and think of it as the present.



I'm inclined to agree, frankly.
I understand that line of thinking. However, since everything this show does is intentional and the writers never forget ANYTHING, it seemed a little sloppy
Reply With Quote
  #488  
Old 09-16-2012, 10:12 AM
So I just caught up but yeah this show is great. Obviously.

Can't wait to see not just where they take it but more so how they take it to a place that can last for 8 more episodes. Season 5 has definitely been the most unpleasant and cynical of the bunch (that fucking prison execution montage!!) but what with Gilligan's intentions for the show that's obviously where they had to take it. Next year's finale will really be something, I just hope I don't see it coming/see it as a cop-out.

Also, despite the brilliance of Aaron Paul, I really think Dean Norris deserved an Emmy for Season 3. Just putting that out there.
Reply With Quote
  #489  
Old 09-16-2012, 01:09 PM
This applies more to the first four seasons, but it's pretty great and worth a watch:

Breaking Bad RPG...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zgGd_7pTSI
Reply With Quote
  #490  
Old 10-03-2012, 10:31 PM
I know this is lame but a part of me wants to just forget it and not watch the remaining 8. I want to be able to re-watch the series over and over again in the future (seen it all twice so far). If I hate the ending, I will never enjoy watching any of the prior episodes again. That's why I refrain from buying the DVDs til the final finale is over.

I regret buying all the "Lost" DVD, as I hated the final season and finale so much that I have never cared to watch any of it again. I can't really enjoy even Season 1 when I feel the ending was so crappy. Crappy IMO anyway. I'm one of the 50% who hated it.

If I could just leave off right now with BB, I'm fine imagining the ending I would like.

That said, no way no how do I know I could really skip the last 8. Of course I'll have to watch soon as the season starts, with a stomach ache the entire time due to stress.

If Jesse is clean and happy in the end though, I think I could handle just about anything else. I think. He dies and I swearing off tv for life.

Last edited by Glinda; 10-03-2012 at 10:38 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #491  
Old 01-04-2013, 10:43 PM
Well I've read a brief synopsis of the first half of Season 5 (without having seen it actually) and it sounds alright. Still hearing really great things about it and I'm interested to see how the entire series concludes, starting this July. I thought the first 3 seasons were fantastic and Season 4 (which I felt faltered a bit) was damned good as well.

However, am I the only one who thought the series probably coulda ended midway through Season 3? Or at max, the end of Season 4?

Reply With Quote
  #492  
Old 01-04-2013, 11:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaw2929 View Post
However, am I the only one who thought the series probably coulda ended midway through Season 3? Or at max, the end of Season 4?

Yes.
Reply With Quote
  #493  
Old 01-05-2013, 11:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaw2929 View Post
Well I've read a brief synopsis of the first half of Season 5 (without having seen it actually) and it sounds alright. Still hearing really great things about it and I'm interested to see how the entire series concludes, starting this July. I thought the first 3 seasons were fantastic and Season 4 (which I felt faltered a bit) was damned good as well.

However, am I the only one who thought the series probably coulda ended midway through Season 3? Or at max, the end of Season 4?

I actually posted earlier that I would've been perfectly content if Season 4 was the end...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Kenshin View Post
Gotta say, I'm not all that excited for the new season. I love the show and will watch it, but honestly, if Season 4 was the end of the entire show, I wouldn't have minded. I thought that was a pretty satisfying conclusion. Other than the inevitable Hank vs. Heisenberg, there's really nothing more I'm looking forward to seeing. So I guess I'm not as giddy as the rest of you guys.
Reply With Quote
  #494  
Old 01-05-2013, 01:32 PM
I wasn't able to catch them when they aired, does anyone know where I can watch the first 8 episodes of season 5 online for free?
Reply With Quote
  #495  
Old 01-05-2013, 02:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by poopontheshoes7 View Post
Yes.
Heh, apparently not since Darth sorta agreed with me. I'm not saying the show's not damned fucking good.... Just saying at a certain point the whole premise is fulfilled in that he makes plenty of money and his cancer goes into remission. (these should not be spoilers in a thread regarding the 5th season)
Reply With Quote
  #496  
Old 01-05-2013, 03:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaw2929 View Post
Heh, apparently not since Darth sorta agreed with me. I'm not saying the show's not damned fucking good.... Just saying at a certain point the whole premise is fulfilled in that he makes plenty of money and his cancer goes into remission. (these should not be spoilers in a thread regarding the 5th season)
But that's not really the premise of the show. That is the plot of the show, at the beginning anyway but it is no way the premise/point of the show. The true story of the show, the evolution of an archetypal television hero into the ultimate villain, is absolutely not complete yet. Not in the world Gilligan has created. IMO.
Reply With Quote
  #497  
Old 01-05-2013, 04:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xseanymacx View Post
But that's not really the premise of the show. That is the plot of the show, at the beginning anyway but it is no way the premise/point of the show. The true story of the show, the evolution of an archetypal television hero into the ultimate villain, is absolutely not complete yet. Not in the world Gilligan has created. IMO.
Fair enough. Still. The entire series was based off of that singular plot in the beginning. I suppose though it was a starting point to begin Walt's transformation in Gus, so to speak.
Reply With Quote
  #498  
Old 01-06-2013, 10:35 AM
while re-watching season 2 ... i noticed that the neighbor who rents to Jesse is actually Krysten Ritter aka the bitch in Don't Trust The B in apt 23.
Reply With Quote
  #499  
Old 01-06-2013, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtyfrog View Post
while re-watching season 2 ... i noticed that the neighbor who rents to Jesse is actually Krysten Ritter aka the bitch in Don't Trust The B in apt 23.
Yeah she is smokin hot and did a good job on the show.
Reply With Quote
  #500  
Old 01-07-2013, 02:55 PM
I finally started watching this show after grabbing Season 1 & 2 for only $12 during Black Friday....shit I gotta catch up, great first 2 seasons!
Reply With Quote
  #501  
Old 01-07-2013, 06:34 PM
Sat down with the wife over a couple of weeks, used tv-links.eu, and watched all the seasons so far. Such an addicting show (pun intended). Sad to see it go here shortly but so excited to see the end!
Reply With Quote
  #502  
Old 01-09-2013, 11:13 AM


i want those donuts
Reply With Quote
  #503  
Old 01-22-2013, 08:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xseanymacx View Post
But that's not really the premise of the show. That is the plot of the show, at the beginning anyway but it is no way the premise/point of the show. The true story of the show, the evolution of an archetypal television hero into the ultimate villain, is absolutely not complete yet. Not in the world Gilligan has created. IMO.
Actually just caught the first half of season 5 (watched it, instead of reading the synopsis) and it's absolutely fan-fucking-tastic! I liked how they made Walts motivation to create an EMPIRE based off of him selling his stake in that multi-billion dollar company Grey Matter. THAT goes beyond his need to provide for his family cuz he has cancer. It makes him that much more interesting/fascinating and totally explains why he continues to do what he does.

Without question the best show I've ever seen on TV.
Reply With Quote
  #504  
Old 02-11-2013, 02:38 PM
Rian Johnson tweeted one of his rough storyboards for Ep. 14. It's pretty surprising, especially since he cautioned it as a MASSIVE SPOILER.

Spoiler:


Any theories? I think it's more than likely:

Spoiler:
Hank, Walt, and Jesse.

Last edited by Reckoner; 02-11-2013 at 02:42 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #505  
Old 02-20-2013, 10:22 AM
Truly fantastic that schmoes are still discovering this show.
Reply With Quote
  #506  
Old 02-22-2013, 04:32 AM
Brilliant series, but season 3 bored me too much. I cannot wait for the end. Will it be so great like on House? What do you think?
Reply With Quote
  #507  
Old 02-24-2013, 04:23 AM
I think House had one of the best finale's I've ever seen. Maybe The Best. But that show was built on a different structure, where one episode could cap things off. Breaking Bad does not work that way.
Reply With Quote
  #508  
Old 02-24-2013, 05:21 AM
'Cuz of what I just said I just rewatched the House finale, and forgot that goddamn I don't think anything's ever gonna beat that.
Reply With Quote
  #509  
Old 02-24-2013, 08:04 AM
I didn't like House's series finale, AT ALL. It's not quite as bad as Seinfeld's finale but it was pretty bad IMO.
Reply With Quote
  #510  
Old 02-26-2013, 01:38 PM
The Wire's series finale is going to be hard to top

(There is no escaping the McNulty)
Reply With Quote
  #511  
Old 02-26-2013, 03:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xseanymacx View Post
The Wire's series finale is going to be hard to top

(There is no escaping the McNulty)
Indeed.
Reply With Quote
  #512  
Old 02-26-2013, 03:49 PM
I still need to finish The Wire. Still only seen the first few episodes.

For me, the greatest series finale of all time is also the most controversial one. Lost. Obviously it's a finale you either love or hate. And I truly loved it.
Reply With Quote
  #513  
Old 02-26-2013, 04:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xseanymacx View Post
The Wire's series finale is going to be hard to top

(There is no escaping the McNulty)
Agreed, same with Six Feet Under's, though I'm sure Breaking Bad's will be fucking fantastic, too, as the entire series has been.
Reply With Quote
  #514  
Old 02-26-2013, 04:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hucksta G View Post
Agreed, same with Six Feet Under's, though I'm sure Breaking Bad's will be fucking fantastic, too, as the entire series has been.
I still have not watched Season 5 and I was obsessive about seasons 1-4. A friend let slip to me the finale of the series and I told myself a long time ago, emotionally, I wouldn't be able to handle that moment with how much time I put into those people.

I really need to finish it!
Reply With Quote
  #515  
Old 02-26-2013, 09:42 PM
So pulling the topic back on track here regarding BREAKING BAD.... What do you all think Hank's gonna do in the next episode? Is he going to immediately confront Walt, or wait it out and be more sly about how he handles things?
Reply With Quote
  #516  
Old 02-26-2013, 11:37 PM
I'm sure he's gonna want more evidence before actually confronting Walt.
Reply With Quote
  #517  
Old 02-27-2013, 02:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovemovies View Post
I'm sure he's gonna want more evidence before actually confronting Walt.
Kinda what I was thinking.... Though it WOULD be cool if he stormed outta the bathroom and walked right up to Walt and screamed "I KNOW YOU'RE HEISENBERG!"
Reply With Quote
  #518  
Old 03-02-2013, 10:26 PM
LOL.. Jaw, you know that is so not gonna happen.. Had a nice visual there though!

I agree with ILM, some time will be spent on 'collecting evidence', but boy is Hank gonna take down Walt this season.. There's no other way.
Reply With Quote
  #519  
Old 03-03-2013, 03:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Del View Post
LOL.. Jaw, you know that is so not gonna happen.. Had a nice visual there though!

I agree with ILM, some time will be spent on 'collecting evidence', but boy is Hank gonna take down Walt this season.. There's no other way.
Possibly... Though don't forget the opening scene of the first show of Season 5, showing a down-trodden Walt with hair a year out from the rest of the show in a diner. Then going to his trunk to find a shotgun. That was quite interesting to me....
Reply With Quote
  #520  
Old 03-03-2013, 07:54 PM
Jaw.. Yes, yes yes indeed..

Maybe he has that big gun to shoot .. Hank?

You know, maybe that's a seperate thread all together: 'Who or What is the shotgun for that Walt has in the back of his car?" .
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump