Old 03-18-2012, 05:26 PM
Aaron Paul tweeted this on the weekend:

"Just read the first episode of
Breaking Bad S5 and words cannot express.
Shit is about to get crazy.
Get ready my friends. The teaser alone
in episode 1 S5 will have you screaming
more than when someone got blown up
last season. Breaking Bad will return to
your television sometime in July.
Make sure you wear your diapers because
I'm pretty sure you will shit yourself"
Old 03-19-2012, 07:00 PM
Casting Call

Not much, but it's something...

Spoiler:
Neal: I will take anything, and I mean anything, on the new season of Breaking Bad.

You're in luck, because we have something a little better than just anything. Breaking Bad is looking for a new series regular to join the show! Described as "brittle, smart, yet going through a challenging time." Isn't everyone going through a challenging time on Breaking Bad? The kicker for this role is this new character is supposed to be an "Amy Ryan/Jodie Foster" type. Awesome.

Source

Interesting
Quote:
Originally Posted by PossSom View Post
Aaron Paul tweeted this on the weekend:

"Just read the first episode of Breaking Bad S5 and words cannot express. Shit is about to get crazy. Love you Vince!"

"The teaser alone in episode 1 S5 will have you screaming more than when someone got blown up last season."

"Breaking Bad will return to your television sometime in July. Make sure you wear your diapers because I'm pretty sure you will shit yourself"
Niiiiiice. I'm startin' to get pumped!

Last edited by Smiert Spionam; 03-19-2012 at 07:06 PM..
Old 03-22-2012, 02:14 PM
My birthday and Breaking Bad all in one month. Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuck me.
Old 03-23-2012, 03:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cop No. 633 View Post

I feel it will all boil down to Breaking Bad vs. the Wire.

http://www.vulture.com/2012/03/the-b...-25-years.html

Looks like it boils down to the last match of The Wire Vs The Sopranos
Old 03-23-2012, 04:59 AM
That's a Bobby Van.
Old 03-23-2012, 05:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovemovies View Post
Looks like it boils down to the last match of The Wire Vs The Sopranos
As much as I enjoyed watching the Sopranos, it was spotty as hell in the last three seasons. Some episodes were great, others were kind meh. I give credit to Breaking Bad for keeping its eye on the prize more than the Sopranos. But it still hasn't concluded its story, so I could see why it's not advancing.

But there's no way the Wire doesn't win this. It's a whole step above the Sopranos.
Old 04-06-2012, 10:46 AM
5X1 "trucker's deluxe" script leaked

It's all over the place, just google. I hope it's fake - not impressed.
Old 04-06-2012, 03:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delmont View Post

Not real.

http://www.spoilertv.com/2012/04/bre...-truckers.html
Old 04-06-2012, 03:33 PM
The obvious giveaway was that it sucked. Which would be impossible had it been real.
Old 04-06-2012, 05:50 PM
According to Bryan Cranston, they are definitely splitting season 5 in half.

Thoughts?

PS With this in mind, I want this to be the official thread for both season. If I see any of you bitches making a "Breaking Bad, Season 5.5" thread, I'm gonna come to your house with a box cutter.
Old 04-06-2012, 06:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fixedMind View Post
Very relieved to hear that.

Not thrilled about the 8 and 8 split, but won't be too upset, just so long as they return in febuary/march 2013 for the 2nd batch.If it's a whole damn year... I'll be tempted to drop an ATM on an AMC exec.
Old 04-06-2012, 10:32 PM
OH YEA.

I'M READY.

BRING IT.

I've been trying to convince one of my friends to get into BrBa. Yeah, I know. Convince? It's ludicrous. I got him into The Wire and The Sopranos but for some reason he completely lost interest after S1. His favorite character was Tuco. lol. I remember S2 being a tad slower than the rest, but I've been trying to explain that a certain man called Gus he hasn't met yet makes Tuco look like a puppy and that S3 and S4 are the best thing on TV since The Wire, but he's having a tough time getting through S2. Boggles the mind.

My other friends though are hooked

Fuck I can't wait for this show to start again. I've got Mad Men now, that's good, I love that show. I'm in a Game of Thrones phase too, just re-watched Season 1 and started reading the first book, trying to stay away from Season 2 so I can finish it .. we'll see how long that lasts. I'm eagerly anticipating the return of Homeland, and I've been hearing more and more good things about Justified which I've never seen (can any BrBa fans vouch for this one?).

Alls that to say is nothing beats my anticipating levels for BrBa S5. It won't beat out The Wire as "Best Show Ever Created" but it's got a place in second, easy.

Some people have been suggesting that a flashback to when Walt and Jessie first met, in high school chemistry class, would be a great moment in the final season. I couldn't agree more with that.

Thoughts on the split: Torn. Love that we'll be able to see it sooner rather than later but I know i'll eat those words when Episode 8 ends.

I think I'm gonna rewatch the whole series before July
Old 04-07-2012, 01:46 PM
I highly recommend Justified. It's currently duking it out with Boardwalk Empire for 2nd best program on TV currently airing(of course Breaking Bad holds my top spot). Justified has the best dialogue you'll hear on TV, great characters, and some intricate plotting that moves at a breakneck pace.

It really finds its footing about midway through the first season, and the quality never lets up from there. Believe me, you won't regret checking it out.

Last edited by Delmont ; 04-07-2012 at 01:55 PM..
Old 04-07-2012, 02:28 PM
I would rank Justified a head of Breaking Bad although I haven't seen season 4. I see that it's available to watch now on netflix instant. So as soon as I take care of some financial hurdles, I'll definitely go right into it. I do like Breaking Bad a lot. It's a great show. But I just like Justified more.
Old 04-07-2012, 02:56 PM
Quote:
Very relieved to hear that.

Not thrilled about the 8 and 8 split, but won't be too upset, just so long as they return in febuary/march 2013 for the 2nd batch.If it's a whole damn year... I'll be tempted to drop an ATM on an AMC exec.
Won't happen. AMC will want to make sure the show will be apart of the Emmy's for 2013 and 2014 hoping for more nominations and wins, since BrBa and Mad Men are their two big winners when it comes to that category.
Old 04-10-2012, 09:38 AM
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by fixedMind View Post
Glad also it's not real, but there were some interesting ideas in there. I could see them possibly going in some of those directions with Jr. and Mike. Hell, couldn't you just see Walt setting up meth shop again at the carwash?
Old 04-10-2012, 03:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiert Spionam View Post
According to Bryan Cranston, they are definitely splitting season 5 in half.

Thoughts?
Goddammit. This makes me want to throw a pizza on my roof...
Old 04-12-2012, 12:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squid Vicious View Post
Goddammit. This makes me want to throw a pizza on my roof...
I'll join ya. I'll throw a few and my left over lasagna. I'm not happy about it either..
Old 04-12-2012, 11:25 AM
I've been having a blast revisiting this series. I have the first three seasons on blu, and I'm on Season 2, just finished the "Better Call Saul!" episode where we first meet the hilarious Saul.

Anyone listen to the commentaries these guys make? They are a BLAST. The people involved really sound like a great and hilarious bunch of people to work with, makes me appreciate the show that much more.
Old 04-16-2012, 05:15 PM
Great interview with Gilligan on the final season. Here are some of the highlights...
Quote:
Q. Do you know how the show will end, and if so how long have you had that ending in mind?

"I have had, for a couple of seasons now, hopes and dreams for the characters. I've had very broad-stroke ideas of how I want individual characters to end up. Having said that, I've had no hard and fast ideas about how things should end until this season, with the help of my six excellent writers.

"The seven of us, putting our heads together for the past several months, have indeed come up with how we think the show's gonna end. That's what we're working towards, but we're still somewhat in the early days - we've outlined about the first third of the last 16 episodes.

"As such, these ideas that we have for the endgame of our series become more and more defined, and more and more a reality. But there's still room at this point to change things up if we get a better idea of how to end things! But as it stands, we have a pretty good idea of where it's all going to end up."

Q. The show's featured flashback scenes in the past - can we expect more of those?

"I'm trying very hard not to give anything away, but I can tell you for sure that we have talked for many hours about doing just that. Looking back at Walt's 'Grey Matter' days - when he helped found the company 'Grey Matter' - and worked with Gretchen and Elliott.

"At the risk of sounding a bit coy, I don't want to say whether or not we did much more than talk about it. But we try to never forget about characters' pasts on the show. We try to remember details, no matter how small, and bring them back in current episodes.
Source
Old 04-16-2012, 06:29 PM
Hey all... I have drawn a cartoon portrait of Jesse and Walt.
I cant figure out how to post pics here, but you can see them on my website:
www.topdrawcartoons.com
Click on Celebrity Corner and you will see the cartoon in there.
Let me know what you think
Old 04-19-2012, 12:53 AM
THanks for sharing that Smiert!

Who thinks that Walt is gonna get burned this season? I don't know how fulfilling that would be if it turns out to be so.
Old 04-19-2012, 10:35 AM
I love the fact that the creator, writers, and crew/cast are still as passionate and excited about doing this show 5 seasons in. That said, I hate the talk of the end. But better to go out on top and in a bang than to linger on into obscurity.
Old 04-19-2012, 11:59 AM
I just hope that some of Walt's secrets die with him (I am assuming that he is going to croak by the end, and not because of cancer). That would be realistic because not every secret surfaces.
Old 04-19-2012, 05:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaMovieMan View Post
I just hope that some of Walt's secrets die with him (I am assuming that he is going to croak by the end, and not because of cancer). That would be realistic because not every secret surfaces.
I think the final season will be Walt in the middle of a war with Jesse, the Cartel and Hank all after him for different reasons.

And I bet Skylar will turn on him since she seemed so afraid in the final scenes of the finale.
Old 04-19-2012, 05:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gunslinger View Post

And I bet Skylar will turn on him since she seemed so afraid in the final scenes of the finale.
You know...I wouldn't mind this. This evokes such strong themes of loyalty if that's the way it goes down.
Old 04-19-2012, 06:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digifruitella View Post
You know...I wouldn't mind this. This evokes such strong themes of loyalty if that's the way it goes down.
I think Walt ending up being alone would be more realistic than him dying to be honest.
Old 04-22-2012, 01:38 AM
Quote:
I think Walt ending up being alone would be more realistic than him dying to be honest.
I think Walt ending up dying alone would be the most realistic thing.

Karma perhaps.
Old 04-22-2012, 04:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Del View Post
I think Walt ending up dying alone would be the most realistic thing.

Karma perhaps.
Just as long as Walt Jr. becomes a meth addict at the end to his own father's stash. That would be interesting to see as well.
Old 04-22-2012, 06:31 PM
Quote:
I always thought the point is that he would become Scarface. Honestly, I think the best ending would be him fighting and winning a war with Jesse that ends up with him murdering Jesse; everyone else is either dead or isolated from him,

SPOILERS FOR THE SHIELD

Spoiler:
Something almost exactly like The Shield but in the context of the Breaking Bad world. The moral dimension would be flipped: Instead of a violent man stuck all alone at a desk, it's a family man and school teacher stuck all alone as a drug kingpin
Old 04-29-2012, 09:38 PM
Anybody want to guess when the premiere date is going to be? We're only a couple of months away until it's July.

I bet its going to be July 29th since the season is split in half.
Old 04-30-2012, 06:55 PM

Dear Lord, I hope he's not gonna be on the show haha

Last edited by Smiert Spionam; 04-30-2012 at 06:58 PM..
Old 04-30-2012, 07:57 PM
best season ever
Old 04-30-2012, 10:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiert Spionam View Post
When we pick up in Season 5.......

"After blowing off Gus Fring's exoskeleton, the gang discovers that it was actually Weird Al Yankovic all along."
Old 05-02-2012, 08:22 PM
http://collider.com/bryan-cranston-a...2/#more-163632
Old 05-02-2012, 08:37 PM
You know what's bullshit? AMC doesn't do a lot of promotion for Breaking Bad or any of their other shows besides The Walking Dead and Mad Men.

We were getting a ton of promotion for both shows months before their premiere where BrBa doesn't. I remember last year we didn't know the premiere date until a month or two before, not even a poster until a few weeks before as well. If Breaking Bad was on FX, we would be getting a lot more promotion.
Old 05-14-2012, 10:25 AM
I just wanted to say that I am still incredibly impatient for this BrBa to begin again!!
Old 05-19-2012, 03:49 AM
Well I'm basically caught up with the show now. Great season for sure. It's interesting because now that Gus is dead, you could say that the characters are in a transitional stage now. They could go in all sorts of directions. If they were smart, they'd probably leave the meth business altogether, but this being Breaking Bad, I really don't see that happening. Looking forward to the start of season 5 and how the season and show will end.
Old 05-19-2012, 05:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Del View Post
I just wanted to say that I am still incredibly impatient for this BrBa to begin again!!
I'm right there with you, Del the Funky Homosapien poster. I had a girl I hooked up with wear a bald cap and goatee and shout quotes from the show while we bumped uglies right after we snorted a few lines just so I could get the same kind of intensity I get from watching Breaking Bad. Didn't work.

I also tried switching to Game of Thrones, but it's not the same.

Last edited by Cop No. 633; 05-19-2012 at 06:11 AM..
Old 05-19-2012, 05:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cop No. 633 View Post
I also tried switching to Game of Thrones, but it's not the same.
I agree. With Thrones, the whole is better than the sum of its parts. With BrBa, the parts and whole are equally awesome. Game of Thrones doesn't have many dipping sticks/pizza toss moments.